• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 896 Views, 10 Comments

Braveheart - BraveheartStudios



Braveheart has became a pony, and doesn't know why! Join him as he makes his way through Equestria, meeting countless ponies along the way, and even maybe a little love.

  • ...
7
 10
 896

New Friends, New Crushes

Once they got inside the library, the stallion, or Braveheart, looked around amazed.

"What is it?" Twilight asked, noticing him looking at shelves filled with books. "Please tell me you've been to a library before."

"I've heard of one. I'm not the type of person who goes to the library in my free time, but now I have to live in one." Braveheart said.

"Trust me, you'll get use to it. I didn't mind living here since, well 'ya know, I like to read a lot."

"As long as you don't bug me with all that sciencey book stuff, I think I'll enjoy staying here." Braveheart said.

"You remind me so much of Rainbow Dash." Twilight said.

'Rainbow Dash?' Braveheart thought. 'Oh yea, she told me about her friends on the train. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack if I remember.'

"Hm, that's the blue Pegasus right?" Braveheart asked.

"Yea, she's also the one whose going to be teaching you how to use your wings, well, I hope anyways." Twilight answered.

Braveheart walked a little further. He was about to head up the stairs until something stopped him. He noticed a glass casing with six shiny objects inside. He walked a little closer to it. He saw that there were five necklaces and one giant crown. Braveheart didn't know what these were, but Twilight said if he had any questions then he should ask her.

"Hey Twilight, what are these things?" he asked her.

Twilight didn't even have to get close to the glass casing to know what was inside.

"Those are the Elements of Harmony. Me and my friends wielded them last year to defeat Discord, I told you about him right?"

Braveheart nodded and examined the elements.

"So which one is yours?" he asked.

"That one in the middle." she as she pointed to the crown.

"Oh, so your like, the leader or something?"

"I wouldn't say I'm the leader. Maybe it's because my element, Magic, is the most powerful in a way."

Braveheart looked confused. "Magic?" he said. 'I thought magic doesn't exist. Well I guess when you've been turned into a pony then I guess anything can happen." Braveheart thought to himself.

"Yea, all six of these elements resemble things that are needed for friendship. Mine is Magic. Applejack is Honesty. Rarity is Generosity. Fluttershy is Kindness. Pinkie Pie is Laughter. And Rainbow Dash is Loyalty." Twilight pointed out each one as she said them.

Braveheart realized that he hasn't even met one of her friends yet.

"So, when will I be able to meet your friends?" he asked Twilight.

"Maybe tomorrow, it's been along day so I, and especially you, need some sleep." Twilight's eyes widened. "Oh hayseeds! I haven't thought about where you're gonna sleep while you're here."

"Well, do you have a couch or anything?" Braveheart asked.

"C'mon Braveheart, do you really think a library would have a couch in it?" Twilight asked sarcastically.

"Well sorry, I don't know how pony society works." Braveheart answered.

"Lets see, there's not enough room on my bed for two ponies." Twilight thought out loud.

"What am I gonna do, sleep on the floor?" Braveheart said sarcastically.

"Yea I guess so." Twilight said.

"I...I was kidding." Braveheart said.


Braveheart got to Twilight's bedroom where Twilight had already set up his bed. It seemed to be made of two pillows and a blanket. Nothing special. Braveheart climbed into his 'bed', if you would like to call it that, and laid his head down. Twilight climbed into her bed as well. She was about to turn the light off until she said, "Goodnight."

"Night." Braveheart said.

She turned out the light and everything went dark. The only light was coming through the moon, which could be seen from outside the window. Braveheart kept staring at the ceiling.

"Hey Twilight." he said.

"Hm." she said looking down at him.

"Thanks for everything. Taking me in and all."

"Oh, don't worry about it. To be honest, it wasn't my idea at all. Princess Celestia asked me to help you act like a pony since you supposedly became a human, and I didn't really like that idea at first, but now that you're here, I think everything's gonna be just fine. I mean what's the worst that could happen?" Twilight laid back down. 'I can think of a few things.' Twilight thought to herself.


Braveheart woke to the sound of knocking at a door. He heard hoofsteps, probably Twilight's. He heard the door open and Twilight sat, Oh hey Applejack." Braveheart's eyes widened. "Applejack? Isn't that one Twilight's friends she told me about yesterday?" Braveheart asked himself. Braveheart got up out of bed. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and rushed downstairs. He got halfway down the stairs when he saw her. Her coat was orange and she had a yellow mane. She had a cowboy's hat on, and her cutie mark, as Twilight called it, was three red apples, which made sense because of her name. They seemed to be talking about a pony named Granny Smith. Applejack stopped talking when she noticed Braveheart staring at her.

"Hey, there he is." Applejack said as she pushed by Twilight.

Braveheart came to meet her at the bottom of the stairs, but once he go down, she grabbed his hoof and shook it.

"I just wanted to come on over here and thank ya for the way you got Granny Smith her purse back to her. That was mighty kind of ya." Applejack said.

She let go of his hoof, but it was still shaking. Twilight came over and grabbed his hoof to stop it.

"Braveheart, this is Applejack." she said.

"Ah, the Honesty one right?" Braveheart asked.

"Yep, that's right. Applejack, this is Braveheart." Twilight said.

"Braveheart huh? I thought you lived alone Twi."

"Oh, he's my cousin, he's visiting from Manehatten." Twilight explained.

"Ah I see. Nothing beats visitin' your family." Applejack said.

"Uh, yea. Heh heh, right." Twilight said nervously.

"So how long ya gonna be here for Braveheart?"

"Uh..." Braveheart didn't know what to say. He turned to Twilight for help, but she just nodded towards Applejack.

"Uh...a few months, I guess."

"A few months? Won't your parents be worried about ya?" Applejack asked.

"Uh, they said I needed to get out of the house for a while, so they sent me here with Twilight." Braveheart said. 'Please believe it, please believe it.' Braveheart begged in his mind.

"Hm, alright then." Applejack said.

Braveheart and Twilight sighed, relieved that it worked.

"Hey Applejack!" a voice called out.

They turned and saw three smaller ponies running towards them.

"Oh, hey Applebloom, whatcha need?" Applejack asked.

The pony with the bow in her hair went up to Applejack and said, "Me, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were wondering if we could have another sleepover at Fluttershy's house."

"Have you asked Fluttershy if ya'll could yet?"

"Um...well....no, but..." Applebloom started.

"Go ask Fluttershy if you can, then come back to me." Applejack said.

"Oh, ok. Be back later."

Two of them took off, but the orange one with a pink mane stayed where she was. She seemed to be staring at Braveheart. Braveheart looked behind him to see if there was anything else she could be staring at, but it was certain, she was staring at him.

"Uh, Scootaloo, what are ya doin'?" Applejack asked the pony.

She didn't say anything.

"Scootaloo what are ya doin'? C'mon."

The two other ponies came back. She didn't respond to them either.

"What are you staring at?" the white pony said. She seemed to have a squeak in her voice.

The two ponies turned at noticed Braveheart.

"Hey whose that?" Applebloom said as she pointed at Braveheart.

"This is Braveheart, Twilight's cousin. He's gonna be staying here for a while." Applejack said.

"Hey there Braveheart, my name's Applebloom."

"Hi, I'm Sweetie Belle." the white pony said.

The orange pony...was still staring at Braveheart.

Sweetie Belle nudged the pony and she said, "I uh...gotta go."

Then she turned and took off. Was it just him, or did Braveheart see her blush before she took off.

"That's Scootaloo, I don't know what's gotten into her though. Oh well, we're gonna round up Scootaloo and then go ask Fluttershy. See ya'" Applebloom said.

Then, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle ran off into the direction that Scootaloo went. Before they left, Braveheart had time to realize that they didn't have cutie marks. Why did he, Twilight, and Applejack have cutie marks and those three didn't? There was still so much about this world that he didn't understand.

"Well, I best be gettin' back to the farm. Oh, and Spike will be along shortly. I still need his help burning some more firewood, but it won't be long before he's back home." Applejack said.

"Don't rush, take all the time you need." Twilight said.

Applejack walked out and Twilight closed the door with her magic.

"So...Spike?" Braveheart asked.

"Oh, right. You still need to meet him. He's my assistant. I've had him since he was an egg." Twilight explained.

"An egg?"

"Yea, he's a dragon."

Great. Ponies who talk, and now dragons! What's next? Bugs that can eat almost anything?