• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 896 Views, 10 Comments

Braveheart - BraveheartStudios



Braveheart has became a pony, and doesn't know why! Join him as he makes his way through Equestria, meeting countless ponies along the way, and even maybe a little love.

  • ...
7
 10
 896

Polaris, the Missing Star

Twilight ran through Canterlot Castle wondering what could've gone wrong. Did Discord escape? Are there parasprites around? Does somepony have the Cutie Pox? Many questions ran through Twilight's head. She pushed through the giant doors that led into the throne room. Princess Celestia was sitting at her throne looking as worried as ever.

"Princess Celestia, I came as fast as I could!" Twilight said as she ran to the throne.

"Twilight, thank goodness your here." The princess said. Her voice sounded more worried than she looked.

"What happened? Why did you need me? What's going..." Twilight asked until Princess Celestia put a hoof up to stop her.

"Come with me"

The princess got up and walked past Twilight. Twilight ran after her as they came out of the throne room. They walked down a hallway that had many doors.

"Where are we going?" Twilight asked still confused.

"We are going to see Princess Luna." Celestia responded.

"Princess Luna?" Twilight asked now even more confused. "What does she have to do with this?"

"The way I see it, she may have everything to do with it."


They came to a door that was dark blue. A crescent moon was carved into the door. Princess Celestia's horn glowed a bright green aura and it opened the doors. They both stepped inside to see Luna laying on a bed, by the looks of it, it seemed as if she was in pain.

"Princess..." Twilight gulped. "Luna?"

"Little sister, I have brought Twilight just like you asked." Celestia said as she walked over to Luna's bedside.

"Thank you, big sister." Luna said. Her voice sounded weak. It sounded as if she'd been this way for a while. "Twilight, please come here."

Twilight did as she was told. She sat down at the opposite bedside as Celestia, but when she saw Luna, her heart dropped. Luna could barely keep her eyes open, and, was it just Twilight, or did the color in Luna's coat look dimly faded?

"Thank you for coming all the way here." Luna said.

"Anything for the princess, but what happened to you?" Twilight asked.

"Allow me to explain." Celestia said. "A few days ago, Luna came to me saying something is wrong with the stars. She didnt know what it was, so if she didn't know, I wouldn't know."

"Is that why you asked me to study stars all of a sudden?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. I wanted you to study and examine them to see if you found anything wrong, but it appears you haven't found anything have you?" The princess asked.

"I'm sorry, but I haven't." Twilight responded sadly.

Princess Celestia put one of her hooves on Luna's shoulder. "But late last night, Luna came to me in pain. She kept on saying 'its gone'. She then passed out. Once she regained conceisness I asked what she meant by 'it', but she refused to tell me until you got here, Twilight."

Twilight looked at Luna, then back at Celestia. What could be so important that Luna wouldn't even tell Celestia, her own sister.

"Luna, now that Twilight's here, what were you talking about?" Celestia asked Luna.

Luna slowly opened her eyes. She looked at Twilight and said, "Polaris."

"Polaris? You mean the North Star?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. The North Star is what I meant. It has gone missing."

Twilight didn't know what to say. She looked at Celestia for help, but she looked just as confused as Twilight.

"What do you mean by 'missing' little sister?" Celestia asked.

"I don't know how to explain it, but last night I had a feeling that it wasn't there anymore." Luna answered.

"But wait, why do you look like you're in serious pain?" Twilight asked.

"You see, long ago, I created the stars and placed every single one of them in the night sky. I made the stars so that every one of them would have equal brightness, but once I was banished into the moon for a thousand years, I guess the stars grew brighter and dimmer on their own. Once I was freed, I thought it wasn't going to be a problem so I just left them. Since I created the stars, they give me power. Polaris, or the North Star, is the brightest star, therefore it is the most powerful to me. Now that its gone missing, my power has been drained by an excessive amount. I can barely walk, even eat or sleep." Luna explained.

Twilight couldn't believe what Luna was telling her. She knew that Luna placed every star in the sky, but stars giving Luna power? Twilight didn't know what to say. She turned to Celestia to see what she had to say, but she was speechless too.

"I...I don't understand, what am I suppose to do?" Twilight asked once she found her words.

"I...I need you to..." Luna started. Her voice sounded like it was getting weaker every time she spoke. "I need you to see if you can get Polaris back into the sky. Find out what happened to it and fix it. No matter what it takes." Once Luna finished, she closed her eyes.

"Pr...Princess?" Twilight said shocked, thinking that the unthinkable has happened.

Princess Celestia put a hoof to Luna's heart.

"She's still with us, but I don't know how much longer she can be this way. You must hurry and find the star, and somehow put it back where it belongs." Celestia said.

Suddenly, the castle started to rumble. The ground started to shake.

"What...what's happening?" Twilight shouted over the shaking.

Books and pictures fell off the shelves. The shaking got worse, but then...it all stopped. Twilight and Celestia looked around to see if anything else happened. Then, all of a sudden, there was a loud crashing noise that seemed to be coming from outside the castle.

"What was that all about?" Celestia asked even though she wouldn't get a good answer.

"I...I don't know, but you stay here with Princess Luna, I'll go see what it was." Twilight said.

Twilight started to walk out, but felt a hoof on her shoulder. She turned and saw Princess Celestia standing behind her.

"Be careful, Twilight." she said.

Twilight nodded and ran out of the room and towards the doors that led to the Canterlot Labyrinth.


Twilight ran through the Canterlot Gardens. Past here was the entrance to the labyrinth. She could already see the smoke before she got to the entrance. She turned the corner and had to stop immediately. A giant crater had appeared in front of the entrance. The smoke was too thick to see through. She closed her eyes and her horn glowed a bright purple aura. Then she headed down into the crater. Even with her horn lit, it was still hard to see, but it was enough to get by. She made her way to the bottom of the pit and still saw nothing. She walked a little further, and tripped on something.

"Ugh!" she said as she hit the ground.

She turned, wondering what she could've tripped on, but what she saw made her think this was a dream. She leaned in closer. There, a purple stallion with a fire-colored mane, who appeared to be a Pegasus, laid unconscious.