• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 896 Views, 10 Comments

Braveheart - BraveheartStudios



Braveheart has became a pony, and doesn't know why! Join him as he makes his way through Equestria, meeting countless ponies along the way, and even maybe a little love.

  • ...
7
 10
 896

Braveheart

Twilight closed the door to the spare room where they put the purple Pegasus, who was still unconscious. As she walked back to the throne room, she wondered how that pony got there. She wondered why he was in the middle of the crater. And most of all, she wondered who he was. She was so focused on the pony that she totally forgot about the North Star. Was this pony somehow connected to it? Multiple questions ran through Twilight's head, some she may not get the answers to.


She opened the doors to the royal throne room and saw Princess Celestia pace around the room. Twilight came in and stood by her.

"The pony? Is he safe?" Celestia asked.

"Yes, I put him in one of the spare bedrooms." Twilight responded.

Princess Celestia nodded.

"Princess, I was wondering, do you know this pony?" Twilight asked.

"From the way you described this pony, I'm sad to say I've never heard of this pony." Celestia responded. "Once he regains consciousness, we will ask him some questions to hopefully find out who he is and where he came from."

They were both silent for a few minutes.

"Is he just gonna live here? I mean, we can't let him go off on his own, right?" Twilight asked, breaking the silence.

"Of course we're not gonna let him go out there on his own, but let's get to know him before we decide things like that." Celestia responded.

"Your Highness!" A royal guard rushed in and bowed in front of Celestia.

"Yes." she said.

"He's awoken." the guard said.

Twilight knew he meant the purple stallion. Time to get to the bottom of this.


Two royal guards walked in with the purple stallion behind them, but something was odd about the stallion. He seemed...confused. He looked around the castle and was puzzled at the scenery. 'Hasn't he seen a castle before?' Twilight asked in her head.

Princess Celestia walked up to meet them. "Hello there." she said once she got to them.

"Um...h...hi." the stallion said. He sounded worried, scared even.

"My name is Celestia, and you are?" she asked.

"I...I don't know, but..." the stallion started.

"But what?"

"You're a..." he gulped. "A pony."

Princess Celestia looked at Twilight. She was even more confused as she was. First he didn't know his own name, now he's just realizing that the princess is a pony. What's with this guy?

"Why yes, I am a pony," the princess said looking back at him. "So are you."

"N...no I'm not."

"Well if you're not a pony than, what are you?"

"I'm a...human." he said.

Celestia and Twilight's eyes widened. 'He has to be joking.' Twilight thought. 'There's no way a human could be here, let alone exist at all.'

"A...a human?" Celestia asked. "But you look like a normal Pegasus to me."

The stallion looked down and gasped. He held up one of his hooves and wiggled it around. He turned and saw his tail. Suddenly, something spread out of his back. Wings! 'I...I really am a pony, but last night I went to sleep as a human. How...how could this be?' the stallion thought to himself. He continued to examine himself when Princess Celestia leaned over to Twilight.

"So do you think he's telling the truth?" Celestia asked.

"Well, by the way he's reacting to everything about him, I would have to say yes, but how could this happen. How could a human come to Equestria? How could humans exist at all? I've read about them before, but I thought they weren't around anymore." Twilight answered.

"I don't know how all of this could've happened, but he doesn't know his name either. I don't think we can get anything out of him."

"Maybe somepony in Canterlot or Ponyville can help us." Twilight suggested.

"No. We can't have anypony knowing that he's a human, but we also can't let him roam free in Equestria. Not when he doesn't know where or who he is. For the time being, we must help him act like one of us. A pony." Celestia said.

"How are we suppose to do that?"

"Well I need to stay here and take care of Princess Luna, so that means, you, Twilight, need to help him see our ways. Help him learn how to be one of us. Teach him about Equestria. Maybe one of your Pegasus friends can help him learn how to fly. Just, make sure you be careful. Don't let him go talking about being a human to anypony." Celestia explained.

"Me? But...what if I can't..." Twilight started.

"You can Twilight. I believe in you."

Twilight tried to wrap her mind around all that just happened, but once she regained her senses, she walked up to the Pegasus and said, "Well..."

The stallion stopped inspecting his wings and turned to her.

"...It seems like you'll be staying with me for a while."


The mysterious pony and Twilight arrived in Ponyville about an hour later. Ponies on the train asked about the stallion with Twilight, but Twilight lied to them saying that it was her cousin visiting from Manehatten. On the train ride to Ponyville, Twilight explained to him that he was in Equestria, and that where they just were was Canterlot. She told him about the princesses and about Ponyville, how they will be staying there for the time being. She also told them about her friends. She told him that she would try to let him meet them soon.

On the way to the library, Twilight thought it was a good chance to see what the stallion looked like. She already knew he was a Pegasus, but what caught her eye was his cutie mark. It caught her eye because he didn't have one. 'What pony doesn't have their cutie mark by now?' she asked herself. 'Then again, he did say he was human. I guess humans don't normally have cutie marks.' He asked questions about Equestria and the princesses. Twilight assumed, by the sound of his voice, that he was probably a teenager, maybe about the same age as Twilight and her friends.

They arrived at the Ponyville Library a little bit later. Twilight told him that this is where he was going to be staying until they found out what happened to him. They were about to walk in the door until a scream was heard across the path. They both near the scream and only Twilight gasped when she saw what was happening. Granny Smith, Applejack's grandmother, was fighting over her purse from being stolen by a pony in a black costume. The pony yanked the purse out of Granny Smith's hooves and took off. The robber ran past Twilight and the stallion. The stallion looked around. 'Why isn't anyone doing anything?' he asked himself. He turned to Twilight and said, "Shouldn't we do something?"

"Don't worry. The Ponyville Police will get him, I hope." Twilight said.

"That's not good enough!"

The stallion turned and ran towards the direction of the robber.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Twilight shouted after him.

But he was already to far away to hear her.


The robber turned a corner down an alley, but the stallion was right behind him. The robber realized he was being followed. The alleyway came to a dead-end. The robber turned to meet his pursuer. The stallion stopped a few feet behind him.

"Ok man, give me the bag, and I'll let you go." the stallion said.

"Hah yeah right. You want it, come and get it." the robber said.

The robber was the first one to charge. Soon, the stallion charged him too. They were both about to collide until the stallion slid on his back, tripping the robber. The robber fell on his face, but instantly go back up. The robber turned to attack again, but was shocked to see the Pegasus charging at him. The Pegasus was about to ram him, but instinctively turned on his front hooves and kicked back with his back hooves, sending the robber flying into a wall. The robber crashed into it and fell down. The stallion walked over to him and picked up the purse and walked out of the alleyway. He was glad to see Twilight running to him with the old lady that gotten her purse stolen on her back. He was really glad to see her because he had no idea how to get back to the library.

"What were you thinking?" Twilight said as soon as she got to him.

Granny Smith climbed off of Twilight's back and took her purse from the stallion.

"Aw thank you sonny. I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't been there."

Once she had her purse back, she slowly walked away.

Twilight looked down the alley and saw the robber on the ground.

"How did you? Where did you learn to...?" Twilight started.

"I used to do a lot of these kinda things back where I'm from. People say that I have a 'brave heart', but I don't think it's anything special." the stallion said.

Twilight's eyes widened.

"That's it!" she shouted.

"That's what?" the stallion said confused.

"That's what we'll call you, Braveheart."

"You really think so?"

"Of course, cause that what that symbol is."

Twilight pointed to the stallion's 'flank' as they call it. He turned to see what she meant. His eyes widened when he saw it. A red heart surrounded by flames had somehow appeared on his flank. He turned and didn't know what to say.

"So, Braveheart, lets get you to your new home." Twilight said smiling.