• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 779 Views, 19 Comments

My little Dayz: Zombies Aren't Magic - Colgate1211



Dayz - MLP crossover. Simple enough, right? Bloody, gory, mindless, fun killings!

  • ...
3
 19
 779

I Don't Even Know Her...

The silence only added to the already high tension in the air. Obsidian was torn right down the middle, filled with both regret and relief. He took a quick glance at Colgate; she was turned away from him, facing out the window. Sleeping? Admiring the decaying scenery?

"Listen, I don't like what I did, but in all honesty... better him than us." He said, hoping she was, in fact, awake to hear him. She twisted and turned around, looking straight up at the roof of the cab they were in.

"I agree with that, but that doesn't make it any easier to see it happen." She said, finishing with a depleted sigh. "Do we have a plan right now, or are we just gonna wing it?" she inquired. Obsidian ran a hoof through his hair, searching for any memories of a refuge buried deep in his memories. Then came the light of an idea.

"Okay, so... this is probably not the greatest idea, but I don't have much else. So we're gonna take a small risk." He explained,

"When you say small risk, you mean there is the potential that both of us get shot and killed almost instantly?"

"Well, when you put it like that, yes. I had a couple friends, they used to be musicians. One of those friends was lost within the first day of this apocalypse, and the other is deeply scarred by the memory, so she is rather skittish until she knows who she's around. She should recognize me, but I'll introduce you." he said, pulling his tattered map out, unfolding it, and laying it on the steering wheel. "Okay, follow this road three and a quarter miles... the old pathway should still be there." he said to himself, yawning. He set the map down across the dashboard.The truck sputtered along loudly, the rattling of the engine and squealing of old metal filling the cabin of the old rustbucket.

They drove on... and on... and on some more, until they came to an opening in a wall of trees. Colgate could hardly see the dirt road for the overgrown grass and weeds. Obsidian turned the hulking truck onto the road, and pushed through the bumpy ride until they came to a log cabin in the middle of the woods.

"How quaint." Colgate said, smiling. "I always liked log cabins."

"Yeah, It's a nice old house. Now be real careful around her, when I say she's rather skittish I mean it..." He warned her again. Colgate nodded in acknowledgement, and hopped out of the truck.

"Hey, Vinyl! It's Obsidian, you remember me?" he called out to the house, not going too close to the front steps. "Listen, I know you're in there and I know you can hear me. I'm here with a freind, we need a place to stay for a day or two. We've had a string of bad luck recently, could ya open up?" He asked. As if it was on command, the front door swung open, crashing against the side of the house and a unicorn came out wielding a massive shotgun aimed directly at their faces.

"Yeah, I know you, but who is SHE? You bringing stranger into my house!?" Vinyl asked, brushing right past Obsisdian and directing all of her attention to Colgate,

"I'm Colgate, the friend he literally just mentioned... You must be Vinyl, it's nice to meet you." She said, extending a hoof out to Vinyl.

"No, don't do that!" Obsidian said, jumping for Vinyl, who was taking out her knife and getting ready to strike Colgate's arm.

"She's okay, man! She just wanted to introduce herself.... Listen, I wouldn't being anyone here that I thought would hurt you, alright?" Obsidian said, driving home the point. She nodded, refusing to make eye contact. "Okay, good. Now I'm gonna let you get up, and you can introduce yourself, ok?"

"Sure, sure..." Vinyl sighed. Obsidian grinned, and helped her back up.

"And please put that knife away, the poor girl's been through enough already.." he added.

"Yeah, of course. I didn't forget, or anything!" She said. Colgate saw her slipping the knife back into her right boot. "The name's Vinyl. Vinyl Scratch. You might have heard of me some years ago, i was a rather well-known musician with Octavia. You're Colgate, then?" She asked, putting an arm around Colgate's back, making her wince in pain. "Oh, crap! I am so sorry, I didn't know that was there... Listen, you get on inside and I can see about patching you up a little bit." Vinyl said, rushing up to the door and holding it open for her.

"Thats, and you didn't know about it. No biggie." Colgate said as she walked in.

"Heh, at least I didn't do more harm.". She looked to Obsidian and mouthed 'I had NO idea!'. Obsidian shook his head and walked up the stairs.

"It's all good. How've you been, it's been too long?" He asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"Oh, you know. It's all good in the hood over here. You?"

"Been better, been worse. You can fix her up a bit more? I did my best but knew that i'd need to find someone with a bit more experience than me to do a solid job."

"Yeah, i'll get her patched up. Let's go see about that now, actually." She said, and they both made their way inside.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment