• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 778 Views, 19 Comments

My little Dayz: Zombies Aren't Magic - Colgate1211



Dayz - MLP crossover. Simple enough, right? Bloody, gory, mindless, fun killings!

  • ...
3
 19
 778

Day one: To Pavlovo

Obsidian took step after step, and had a steady pace. He knew it was risky, but he followed the train tracks. Occasionally he scanned the treeline, or horizon, and checked behind him. 'Never be too careful...' he thought to himself. He felt his stomach screaming for food and checked his gear.
Baked Beans
Two cans of Colt-a-Cola
Several M9 magazines
Chemlights
And a single Road Flare

He had scavenged good pickings from the bandit he encountered earlier. He put up a fight, but it was rather easy for Obsidian. Being one of, if not THE, most skillful survivor in Chernarus, Obsidian didn't have much trouble trading lead with others: it was something you got used to. So he canned him without a second thought. But it was always around this time, after having time to think about it, he would have second thoughts about shooting the poor lad. Who knows why he was out there, maybe you could have helped him. Then his mind went back still to Karlos: An innocent young stallion who, in the end, robbed him of everything he had. It was something his mind always tried to shut out, keeping bad memories away, and any good ones left inside. He shook his head, and tried to focus on other things. He recognized this area of the woods, and realized that if there was still a deer stand near here, it would be wise to pay it a visit.

Sure enough, just seventy-two paces later, there stood a tall, wooden stand. It looked like something built in under a day, flimsy and unstable, but they held up through all kinds of weather and other forms of punishment. He went prone, scanning the nearby field and wooded area for zombies. He knew there had to be at least one or two. He took his M9 out of the holster and checked the ammo. Twelve left in the clip, good for now. He inched forward, keeping his eyes and ears tuned to signs of life. Rather ironic, he thought, that-- *huff, hurrrgh!* He froze. He knew he heard something, and it wasn’t friendly. Looking around, he could HEAR the hoof steps echoing out, but couldn't exactly find them. The zombie kept grunting until he could finally see it. It was coming through the treeline into the field to his right. He took aim, holding a steady bead on its head, waiting for the perfect second... *kow! His shot rang out through the woods and fields around him. A red mist fell from around the zombies head, which had a hole the size of a bit through it all. Brain matter spilled out as the lifeless body and fell to the ground. Obsidian held his breath, waiting for more snarls or howls... silence. He thanked the Sisters for that. He made his way to the stand, checking around to see if there was anything scattered about. Nothing. 'Well, that's normal, let's see whats left upstairs.' He thought to himself, and walked up the stairs to the elevated platform. Another can of Colt-a-Cola, a watch, a box of matches and a... He stared down at the long, wooden rifle in front of him. The black metal scope glistened in the moonlight, with the covers still over the lenses.

"A CZ550!" he said to himself in excitement. This was the thing with Obsidian: He loved guns. Very much. Hell, some of his best friends have been guns. And a sniper rifle is, to him, the kind of friend you talk to to get stuff off your chest, that you can always count on. He needed one of those. But then, a cold slap of reality hit him: Was there a clip? A gun is no good without ammo, and he couldn't just take the gun with him, without ammo. That’s a waste of space, which was always at a premium. He searched frantically, in every corner, under some towels and in all the pouches there were, but with no luck. He knew that it wasn't smart to waste space with a gun he cant even fire, but he gave in to the temptation, and placed it gently in his ALICE pack. He reached in a side pouch and pulled out a map. Unfolding it, he saw the town of Pavlovo wasn't too far from his current position, and he gave himself a travel plan for in the morning. But for now, he was exhausted as always. He curled up in a ball in a cozy corner of the stand.

Obsidian stretched and opened his eyes, but was blinded by a piercing light from above. He rolled over and rubbed his eyes, and realized it was just the morning sun. He stood up, gathered his pack, pistol and map, heading north to Pavlovo. He looked up at the sky and saw it was a day much more clear than usual. The sun was out, and he could only see one wispy, fluffy cloud being blown over by the wind. He held his gaze at the cloud, and made out an elephant, another pony, and even a bit symbol. But nothing after that, the wind was blowing the cloud apart. He looked back to Earth, and could see a small cluster of houses not too far away. 'Must be Pavlovo. Quaint.' He thought to himself. He wandered through to a row of backyards and houses, and realized there were no zombies, nor survivors. He walked to the only road that ran through the town, and looked both ways: Nothing. "Hmph... Well, guess it's all mine." He said to himself in an upbeat tone, grinning slightly as he opened the door to the first house.

In only fifteen minutes, he cleared every house and every shed in the town. He had set up his stuff in the kitchen of the last house he cleared, planning to stay there for the day. He had books, he had a drawing pad... Hell, he had the entire town! But he decided to read and nap for the majority of his stay. He looked over at the pile of loot he had gathered from the town. Nothing really worthwhile except a compass, but he already had one of those. He'd keep it, though. Stuff like that is good for trading when you find another survivor on the wastes...