• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 779 Views, 19 Comments

My little Dayz: Zombies Aren't Magic - Colgate1211



Dayz - MLP crossover. Simple enough, right? Bloody, gory, mindless, fun killings!

  • ...
3
 19
 779

Day Three: To Kamenka Pt. II: Ambush

Obsidian felt a hoof shaking him awake. His eyes popped open, and looked up to the orange-coated, purple-maned Pegasus he had met earlier that day. He could feel he had another one, another nightmare.

"We ready?" He asked, giving a yawn shortly after.

"Yeppers. I have a route plan for taking both sides of the town laid out on our maps, use it when you get into the town." She instructed him. Obsidian didn't really respond, but got out of his bag and rolled it up, setting it back in his large duffel.

"Well then, let's move out" he said in a shaky tone. "You okay? You sound a bit nervous, or something." She asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, i'm just really bad with mornings... Ill be ready in just a minute." He said, sitting down, leaning on his bag.

"Well you don't LOOK alright... but if you say so." She said, and walked back to the campfire. She never noticed his shaking or sweating.

Obsidian was plagued by these nightmares of what seemed to him to be a past life. He was a soldier in the Great Equestrian Civil War, when Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi all rebelled against each other. He was a Pegasus for some reason in this past memory. He could never remember much of anything after he woke up, but he knew the Pegasus was in pain, either physical or mental was still unclear to obsidian no matter how many times it replayed itself in his mind. One part of him was intrigued by this, and wanted them to occur more often, but on the other hand... that was the only real thing that scared obsidian. You can kill a zombie, and you can even try and talk it out with another survivor: you just gotta be aware and quick on your feet. But you cant kill memories, and no matter how long you prayed, they would never stop. But he knew it wasn't something that would slowly degrade his sanity, thankfully. There were other things out there to do that for him. He realized he was probably taking too long, and should get moving with Scootaloo, so he got up, shook it off, and started the trek to Kamenka.

They walked in utter silence. Obsidian felt like there was a tension between them that wasn't there when he arrived at camp. The air around them had an invisible current running through it, and nopony was exactly raring to touch it. And so, they were both left alone to their thoughts, to think to the sniper awaiting them in town, or to contemplate the chance of the other backstabbing you when you aren't looking. There were a lot of hard things to do out here, and survive was only the second hardest. Trust took first on this list. To trust somepony was to give them your life, in a way. The second you turn your back, thinking that oh-so-freindly pony you met in the town you raided was covering you, he already had you at the business end of his gun. Yet something about the triplet he encountered seemed... comforting. He dwelled on it, and would continue to do so. He finally had something to say, but something caught his eye that made him freeze. , He could see... a light, moving across the field a ways ahead of them.

"Hold on... You see that?" He asked. Obsidian quickly identified it as somepony with a blue glowstick on them, but it was still strange to see that faint blue aura gliding over the earth in front of them.

"Crap, I see him." Scootaloo said, kneeling into the grass, watching the pony dart through the same clearing.

"Every once in a while the sniper'll run down, from the deer stand to scavenge from the town. He's heading to the town now, look's like. Obsidian had this instant of a 'what-if we...' thought that, for some reason, pushed itself out into the conversation.

"Why dont we go and wait in his stand? He has a sniper rifle, we have, like two snipers with my Lee and your CZ: that's a pretty one-sided fight in my opinion." She said, giving a chuckle. Obsidian motioned for her to follow him, and started sneaking around to the tower.

"Wait, we're actually doing this?" She asked as he caught up to him. Scootaloo scanned the town to see if the sniper was already on his was back.

"Well, why not? Better then trying a sniper versus sniper, am I right?" he asked her. There was a feeling of honor when you duel a sniper, but this... while fun in some twisted way, there wasn't any honor in it. But, by the same token, since when did bandits ever have honor?

"Well, there it is!" She said, slowing down to a canter. "If you didn't know it was a bandit's nest, you'd think it was deserted, wouldn't cha?" Scootaloo climbed up into the deck of the stand, and looked around it while Obsidian climbed up. "Well, nothing too great here, maybe better on him. Now, we wait." She said, hunkering down so she could see through the treeline, keeping a sharp eye out for their awaited target. Obsidian had his CZ550 out, his scope trained on the town, holding his aim steady on a particular building he thought he had seen movement in. He could see shadows moving across the windows, but that led to him wondering if the lone sniper was really alone. Then he saw them.

Two bodies walked out the door, sneaking out and away from the town, into the clearing Obsidian and Scootaloo had just made their way from. The hairs on his neck stood on end, his mind racing to come up with a backup plan. He followed them with his rifle's scope, and they didnt seem to notice him. But they were making serious headway in the direction of... 'Oh damnit, this was a bad idea!' his mind blabbered, thinking of the other two at the camp being ambushed and gunned down, their bodies saved for looting then discarded.

"Scootaloo, im not... worried, or anything, but... it looks like two bandits are racing towards..." he stopped, a rock in his troat stopping him from finishing. Who knows how she'd react?

"Damn, to where? Can you get a shot on them?" She asked, standing up and looking for them.

"They're headed to camp, it looks like. That's exactly the path we took to get here." he pushed out, looking up to her. Before he could suggest anything, she was halfway down the ladder, rushing into a deathtrap in Obsidian's eyes.

"Wait up, you'll get killed one-on-two." he said, and jumped out of the deer stand. He used a quick levatational spell to cushion his landing, and sprinted out towards Scootaloo.

"Do you even know what you're gonna do when they see you charging at them? Or is this a totally-just-wing-it kinda moment?" Obsidian asked her, starting to get a tad heavy on his breathing.

"I'm gonna get their attention, then take cover behind a tree. You're going to do a quick check on who has the biggest gun, and take him out first. Then we'll both target the last." She said, with a surprisingly cool voice under the pressure. Obsidian nodded, and looked ahead to their targets. They had just broke into the clearing, while Obsidian and Scootaloo were nearing the treeline.

"Okay, improv time. Just use common sense and follow what I said." She said, and took off to the left. She Held behind a tree, and Obsidian took a prone position under an uprooted tree, behind some brush. Scootaloo turned around, took aim at the general area of the two bandits, and took two potshots. They were both close enough to not only draw their attention, but to make them draw weapons. Obsidian looked through his scope, and saw a rather backhanded miracle. One of them had an AKM. Obsidian craved an automatic weapon to take up space in his pack while the CZ wasn't needed, and took aim right dead center of the unicorns head.

And squeezed.

A fine rain splattered on the ground, turning green earth red, and sending blood right into his sniper buddy. One thing every soldier knows is that you can wash blood and dirt off; the more important thing to do is get to cover,because whoever shot your buddy is probably aiming at you now. This sniper was clearly not a soldier. The second he looked down to wipe his face and arm, another shot from Scootaloo's Lee rang out. Yet again, more red paint was spilled on the Earth's green canvas. The shots echoed for a while, giving a satisfying and repeated crack across the forest.

"Nice shooting there..." She called out, taking the first steps out of cover. Obsidian cralwed out from under his sniper hole and switched his weapons.

"And same to you. let's see what we got here." Obsidian said. He walked over to the sniper and opened his Coyote pack. Some baked beans, pasta, an M9 mag, and three AKM mags in his chest pouches.

"You want this AK? I dont take anything made in Stalliongrad." She said, giving it a small kick away.

"Hay yeah I do! And, ummm... Not to rush, but i think it'll be a good idea if we made our way back to camp. I'll spend the night there, and leave in the morning." Obsidian said, folding the stock on the AKM in and making a place for it in his ALICE pack.

"Sounds good to me." She replied happily, the thrill of the fight coming on strong. Obsidian gathered the food and walked with Scootaloo to camp, and they talked all the way. When the duo arrived, everypony had dinner, swapped survival stories, and headed to a well-earned night's sleep.