• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 779 Views, 19 Comments

My little Dayz: Zombies Aren't Magic - Colgate1211



Dayz - MLP crossover. Simple enough, right? Bloody, gory, mindless, fun killings!

  • ...
3
 19
 779

What a Coincidence

"Y'all lookin for some help?" A voice called out to them, with a southern accent so thick a steak knife couldn't cut it. "I'm freindly, jus' so ya know..." He said, peeking his head out from around the corner of the stairway.

"We're friendly if you are. We need some medical help, if you could." Obsidian said, trying to make out the pony at the top of the stairs, who was still hiding behind the wall.

"Well, i'm no doctor, but I can get y'all to the hospital lickety-split." He said.

"Thanks, mister... And would you stop hiding from us? We're not gonna hurt you." Colgate said, motioning her head down the stairs. "We'll be waiting for you downstairs."

"Alright, Miss, I'll be down in just a second." He said, and whipped out of the doorway, trotting to another room in the house. Rustling noises, bags being rifled through... scraping, like someone moving a piece of furniture... Trotting again, he was on his way down.

"Well, y'all ready to go?" He asked. He had a coat of mixed browns, like a patch of tilled soil. His mane was a flat platinum, hairs torn, dirty and ruffled. Obviously a South Equestrian boy. obsidian looked to Colgate, who gave a nod in readiness.

"How far away is the hospital?" Obsidian asked. He checked ammo on his MK 48, half this box plus two. And the CZ. And the AK, And the M9. And all of Colgate's weaponry. They were doing pretty well, all things considered. Just lacking in medical supplies.

"Oh, you know... about a block and a half. SO long as y'all don't go out making a big ruckus, we'll be fine. And by the way, the name's Cletus, by the way." He said, holding a hoof out.

"You're awfully trusting to a group of strangers, ya know." Obsidian told him bluntly. "not the safest thing to be." He added, bringing up his hoof.

"Well, I figured with the state of your lady friend over there, all bloody on the back, you guys wouldn't be in a position to try that." he explained. "Let's go while there's still a bit of daylight outside."

Obsidian nodded, and looked back to Colgate, who had sat down on the couch.

"You alright?" he asked her. she seemed very out of the moment, kind of mentally sluggish.

"Yeah, i'm..... feeling kind of light headed and tired. Could.... could we get some more blood soon?" She asked him, quietly.

"Hey, we might want to get a move on." Cletus said, tapping Obsidian's shoulder. "We'll move her to the bed upstairs, shut all the doors, and make our run." He said. Obsidian agreed on the plan, and they moved her up.

The streets were empty of life, just like they were since the day the epidemic took place. No zombies shuffled around at this moment and it was startlingly quiet. No birds chirping, no leaves scraping across the pavement, no... nothing. The coast appeared to be clear. The two shut the door behind them and make their way along the side of the building. They could see the hospital, it was maybe a block from them. Still no zombies. Every few feet, Obsidian checked their six and scanned the buildings, always on alert. When they reached the front doors of the hospital, they were welcomed by unlocked doors.

"Could this be any easier?" Cletus said, ecstatically.

"Keep your head on a swivel, this seems to be TOO easy..." He warned Cletus. Something was definitely wrong here. They found some medical boxes, not even opened. Blood bags, EpiPens, bandages, heat packs, all kinds of goodies. The two loaded up two boxes, and set out to make their way back to the apartment. They didn't notice the group of bandits ever enter the hospital behind them.

It was a group of four, including the leader. They were well armed, with military grade clothing, armor and armament. They almost HAD to be military.

"Well, well, well. What a coincidence. You were looking for medical supplies, too?" The leader of the group asked. "That's funny. Well, I suppose we can just take those boxes off your cold, dead hooves, how does that sound?" He asked, them, unholstering and pulling the hammer back on his magnum. The other bandits loaded their guns.

"Look, man, we don't want any trouble. We just need to get some supplies to our friend. She's losing blood pretty steadily, is there any way we can work this out quickly?" Obsidian asked.

"Quickly?" The leader asked him. In an instant, his magnum rose up, and Obsidian was sprayed with warmth, and the smell of blood filled his nostrils. Cletus fell to the ground beside him. "Was that quick enough for you? I could make it slower, more painful, if you want." The leader said, walking up to Obsidian. His heart started beating against his rib cage, his mind raced on what to do. Run? Submit to their wants? "HEY!" He yelled in Obsidian's face, spitting on his cheek. "You want it to be quick or slow? Up to you. I don't think I can make it quicker than you friend over there.... Take a look at him." he said, pushing Obsidian's face towards Cletus's body.

"No thanks, I'm good." Obsidian said, holding his head firmly against the push.

"Oh, you think so? Well, I kinda like you. You've got an attitude. Kinda like your friend. You were right, she was slowly losing blood. But don't worry, we got the rest out of her for you." he said, pushing Obsidian down to the ground with great force. The box of medical supplies rolled over and its contents tumbled out. He could feel the tears starting, thinking of how he left Colgate, as injured as she was, defenseless and on her own. "So I guess there's no point in me keeping you any longer. Get out of here, before I decide to end you, ya worthless sonofabitch." The leader ordered. Obsidian took his time getting up, rubbing his knee, and maybe grabbing a blood bag.

'Just make it look like you've got a hurt rib, they wont think twice...' He thought to himself, trying to play it off. 'Just limp out the door.' He thought, as he pushed it open and walked out. He kept his act up until he was inside, just to be safe.

He slammed the door behind him and raced upstairs, running straight up to the room Colgate was in. He took a deep breath, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. He slowly creaked the door open. She rolled over and looked at him.

"Obsidian, if that's you, stop playing games. You get any supplies?" She asked. Obsidian walked in.

"We were ambushed. Cletus didn't make it, there were bandits demanding we just give them our boxes of supplies. He killed Cletus for no reason, and gave me a hard time, but I managed to get something." he said, holding up the blood bag. "I'll get you fixed up." he told her, stroking her mane.

"What's wrong? Besides being ambushed?" She asked him.

"Nothin', why?"

"Something's up. What else happened?"

"They said they killed you, trying to get me to break down."

"Stupid bandits. Hey, get me patched up, alright?" She asked, rolling over onto her stomach for him.

"Already on it." He said, preparing the blood bag. He unraveled the bandages,set the transfusion up, and within minutes, everything went smoothly.