• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 779 Views, 19 Comments

My little Dayz: Zombies Aren't Magic - Colgate1211



Dayz - MLP crossover. Simple enough, right? Bloody, gory, mindless, fun killings!

  • ...
3
 19
 779

Ambush, explosions, unicorns, oh my!

The morning sun was a welcome sight for Obsidian. He gave a yawn. Or, was it more of a sigh of relief. He was still tired - a sign he had another nightmare he wasn't aware of, but he was used to it by now. The skies were dark and gloomy, and grey clouds hung low overhead, and a soft growl of thunder echoed a ways away. He rolled up his sleeping bag, and set it in his pack. Scootaloo was awake, and prodding at the campfire, keeping it alive.

"Mornin'" Obsidian said, taking a seat across from her.

"Morning, you alright?" She asked in a concerned tone. Obsidian raised an eyebrow and cocked his head.

"Yeeeeah? Why do you ask?" He said confusedly.

"You were thrashing around in your sleep, it kinda looked like you were fighting somepony. Just wanted to make sure you weren't going insane, or anything..." she said, giving a lazy shrug.

"Nah, nothing like that. I have these... visions, in the form of nightmares to me, of a past life from the Great War. I cant fully explain it, nor do I want to right now. However, I--" Obsidian was interrupted by Sweetie Belle giving an alarm of some sorts.

"Eleven o' clock, I count seven bandits headed this way!" She ran down from her post in a makeshift tower of sorts, leaning against some weighted boxes. Her Lee was out and ready, and she disengaged the safety.

"Aw hay, we all just woke up... Obsidian, could you give us sniper cover?" Scootaloo asked him in an anxious tone. He could, in fact, give them cover, but he would be spotted running to a new position, and that didn't make it a comfortable 'Yes'. But at the same time: He was armed with a CZ sniper and an M9. It WOULD be more effective for him to move further out. Then gunfire broke out.

But it wasn't aimed at them. A Light blue unicorn was darting through the treeline, weaving through the great wooden giants, towards the camp.

"Friendly, friendly!" She called to them, taking cover behind a very thick tree trunk, waiting for permission, it seemed. Obsidian motioned a hoof in his direction, and she hauled flank through the hail of lead and dived into their cover.

"Thanks a lot man, these sons-uh-bitches have been chasing me for the better part of a week now..." she explained, cringing every time a bullet impacted the wall of ammo crates all around them. Scootaloo and her two partners had started to trade fire with the group that had moved in to under a hundred-fifty meters away. 'Well shoot, my M9 would work well here.' he thought to himself, and looked for his backpack. By his tent. In the open. With both his guns inside.

"Motherbucker!" He yelled, slamming a hoof to the ground.

"What now!?" Scootaloo called out. "My guns're in my tent over there, can't get to them.

"Yo, over here!" The light blue unicorn called to him, handing him an AK-74. The mag was full, and one extra was taped to the stock.

"Thanks a lot, you wanna tell me why they have such a grudge against you?" Obsidian asked, taking aim at a Pegasus to the far left. He pulled the trigger, and hit his mark. The left shoulder popped in a stream of red, and body twisted on an invisible axis. The Pegasus fell motionless in the tall grass, and he moved to a new target. But they were closing fast. He turned around and sat under the cover.

"Anypony got ah 'nade!?" Applebloom called out.

"Yeah, hang on!" Scootaloo called to her, and started to make her way over there. Obsidian had a split-second thought and held her back.

"Hang on. Blue! Get over here! Okay, I want everypony besides me to make a retreat into the treeline behind your tents. They wont be able to see you, nor hit you that way. Ill take the grenade, and when they come to raid the camp, I'll drop it in an ammo box. That'll send EVERY bullet in all those... twenty or so boxes into action, and make one HAY of a crossfire. Then you take anyone out who could have survived." Obsidian said, taking the grenade "But you have to move, like NOW." He said, pushing each of them out, and made sure they ran out of sight. "Oh-kay.... why the buck did I suggest this?" He asked himself, and ducked behind the large stockpile of ammunition, and held the grenade close.

The bandits were still firing shots into the area, thinking they were still there. Over time they slowed down, and eventually stopped altogether. Obsidian knew they were moving in, and held the pin of the grenade in his teeth.

"Good job, I think they're all dead." One said. "Then.... where are th' bodies, boss?" Another spoke up. "Ran away? Who cares, it's all ours now..." Said the first one. Okay, four tents... well there're four of us left. Pick a tent, rummage through it, and meet at the ammo boxes." Nopony said a word, but Obsidian could hear hoofsteps make their way to the tents. 'Alright, let's make some noise.' He thought to himself, and peeked out from his cover. Coast was clear. He waited another five seconds, pulled the pin, and dropped it in a random box. He took off at full speed, and he knew the bandits heard him running, and that was a good thing. They'll step out jut as the grenade pops and all that ammo tears them to shreds. He saw his friends at the top of the treeline, and ran up to them, turning around to see the action.

"I can't believe that you talked us into this..." Scootaloo said. Obsidian chuckled, panting hard.

"It should go off any sec--" He was interrupted by a huge bang, and a flash of fire at the camp center. Then: an even louder, pop. All the gunshots wet off at the same time, and it was pretty spectacular from their point of view. The ponies down below all were torn apart instantaneously, and the tents were shredded apart at the exact same second, as if it was before and after an entire battle in the blink of an eye.

"Woo!" Scootaloo yelled, happy with the end result even after her dismay at the plan.

"Damn, that was pretty friggin' awesome, gotta hoof it to ya. What's the name?" The light blue unicorn asked him.

"Thanks much, and it's Obsidian. Whaddabout you?" He asked, giving a smile and excited sigh. The burst of action took away all the tiredness and made him genuinely happy, the shot of adrenaline coursing through his veins at records speed.

"Colgate, and it's no problem. Listen, I take you for a pretty self-sufficient guy to be out here, but it never hurts to ask. You want to go as a pair out there? I've been looking for someone to share some exploits with as of late, and those guys didn't seem to accept me too much, so... Yeah." She said timidly. Obsidian had pondered that very same idea every once in a while, but no opportunity really presented itself to him. Well, here it was.

"I'd be willing to gear up with you for a bit, sure." he said, giving an approving nod.

"Dawww, ain't they cute? Ah wonder how long it'll be 'till they have their first kiss!" Applebloom said jokingly, making a kissy face. The others cracked up, and Colgate gave a smile.

"When was YOUR first, huh?" She asked Applebloom.

"Mine? Well.... uhhh..... I can't quite remember..." She said.

"Uh-huh, sure..." She said, giving a chuckle.

"Oh, she's onto you, Applebloom!" Sweetie Belle said, giving her a nudge. "Hmph..." Applebloom sighed.

"Oh, don't take it too hard, kid. It's a joke." Colgate said, giving an easy smile. "Hey, i'm gonna go see what's left of my stuff, ill be right back." He said, and trotted back down to camp.

"Wait up!" Scootaloo called after him, walking back up to him. "If there IS anypony still awake down there, it'd be good to have somepony with ya." She said. Obsidian nodded, and walked down the hill with her.

"So, you and.... whatsherface, huh?" She asked, giving him a playful punch to the shoulder.

"It's not, nor will it be like that, c'mon." He said, chuckling to himself.

"Suuure, ill just go with that..." Scootaloo said, looking the other way and smiling. Obsidian sighed, and they walked to his tent in silence. He rummaged through and found his pack unscathed.

"Alright, i'm heading back, you want me to wait for ya?" He asked. "Nah, it was all crap anyways. Been good having ya though, maybe we'll see you again out there." Scootaloo said as they trekked back up through the treeline

"That'd be nice, you and your group are pretty cool ponies." he said, giving her a pat on the back. She smiled, and walked to her friends, and Obsidian walked to Colgate.

"Hey, I can repair that AK you gave me, it's in my pack for whenever I have some free time."

"Go ahead, and keep it. Happy birthday, Celestimas, and what-have-you." She said, grinning.

"Well thank you very much. Do we have a plan yet, or are we just... wandering?" He asked. She took out a map, and held it up for a second.

"Wandering." She told him, folding it back up. "Well, wandering with a purpose. Eventually we'll come across a town, and we'll stop there for a while. You set?" She asked. Obsidian looked back to the trio, who had already started the opposite way from him. "Yep, let's go." He said.

He knew not what would come, but he was anxious to find out.