• Published 9th Jun 2013
  • 464 Views, 2 Comments

Super Rainbow Adventure - Fenrir068



After a devastating attack on Ponyville, the Elements of Harmony are now scattered across Equestia. Rainbow Dash and her friends will have to seek help from Canterlot and gain some familiar and some not-so-familiar help to find the missing Elements.

  • ...
 2
 464

Chapter 2

Rainbow Dash circled above the center of town keeping an eye out for any signs of her friends, looking worriedly up and down the wreckage filled streets. So far it seemed the changelings were too preoccupied on ground to notice Rainbow far above the small town. Nevertheless, she couldn’t see much from up here, she would have to go down and look for AJ and the others on hoof.

Rainbow dived stealthily into an alleyway just outside Sugarcube Corner. She peeked out from her hiding place and looked up and down the street. All she saw though were burning multicolored fires and an empty street; the raid must’ve moved elsewhere. Then, thinking she ought to ask Pinkie Pie where Applejack went and wanting to see if she was ok, Rainbow Dash rushed from her alleyway towards the sweet-shop and flung open the door, only to have cannon barrel pointed at her face!

“DON’T YOUDARE…! Oh, hey Dashy! I was wondering where you’d been.” Pinkie Pie reversed her menacing tone, lowered her cannon and smiled at her friend.

“Pinkie! What is that thing? You could’ve blown me to bits with that!” exclaimed Rainbow.

“Oh, it’s just my party cannon, silly!” Pinkie patted her cannon lovingly, “It doesn’t blow ponies to bits, it just fires confetti and party favors at extremely high speeds.” she further explained with a big smile.

“Oh, right.” Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“Anyways, get in here before they see you!” Pinkie grabbed Rainbow around the neck, pulled her inside and shut the door.

Upon entry Rainbow was greeted with many smiles from the entire Cake family.

“Rainbow!” said Pound Cake.

“Pie!” said Pumpkin Cake.

The Cakes and Pinkie all stood around the door, while Pound and Pumpkin sat on stools near them. “Oh, sorry about that, Rainbow, dear. I suppose Pumpkin is still stuck on ‘pie’ as her favorite word.” explained Mrs. Cup Cake with a smile.

Just then Pumpkin Cake chimed in as if to confirm her mother’s claim, “Mama, Pie!” the little filly reached up towards her mom, while her brother simply sat and smiled at her.

Rainbow, despite the situation outside, couldn’t help but smile as Mr. and Mrs. Cake enveloped her young foals in a loving embrace. The innocence of the two tiny ponies just had a way of getting to you, Rainbow surmised. Then, she remembered her original reason for coming here. She turned to Pinkie, “Hey, Pinkie. You haven’t seen Applejack or Big Macintosh around these streets, have you?”

Pinkie face went serious as she scratched her chin in thought. “Hmmm…I Think I heard her say something about ‘Twilight’s house’ just after it started raining changelings. Applejack, Rarity and I were eating lunch in the square when the attack happened. And she just ran off soon after that.”

“Alright, thanks, Pinkie. ‘Cause I-“but before Rainbow could finish her sentence, the sound of a huge explosion in the distance caught them off guard causing the twins to start crying. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie immediately went outside to go check it out. Over the many houses they could see a fire coming from the direction of Twilight’s Library. They gasped at the sight of it. “Come on, Pinkie!” Rainbow said, “Let’s go check it out!” said Rainbow as she started toward the library, only to turn around and see Pinkie not following, “Come on, Pinkie! Applejack might need our help!”

Pinkie Pie frowned at Rainbow Dash “But, Rainbow,” she said, “I can’t just leave Mr. and Mrs. Cake: Pound and Pumpkin don’t know how to work the party cannon yet.” Pinkie tried to explain. The Cakes came out giving Pinkie a quizzical/I-hope-your-joking type expression, “I gotta’ stay here just in case those mean ol’ changelings come back.”

Rainbow knew not to take Pinkie’s joke seriously, but all the same she took what Pinkie said to heart; she was right: the cakes had no real way of defending themselves. “You’re right, Pinkie.” She sighed, “I’ll just have to do what I can on my own then.”

“Sorry, Dashy.” Pinkie apologized.

“It’s all good, Pinks!” Rainbow smiled at her friend, “I’ll be back to check up on you guys after this whole mess is solved! ‘Kay?” Rainbow turned to take her leave, quickly said goodbye to Pinkie Pie and the Cakes and made a running take off towards the library. She could hear Mrs. Cake wishing her good luck as she flew off.

As Pinkie and the Cakes walked back inside Pinkie looked towards Rainbow’s shrinking figure and whispered, “Good luck, Dashy.” before continuing on inside and closing the door behind her.

• • •

Applejack’s vision swam with blurred visuals as she slowly opened her eyes. Her ears rang and she felt intense pain everywhere. All her impaired perception could tell her was that she was outside but, she couldn’t figure out how she’s gotten there. She looked around at her as her surroundings slowly came into focus; all the while she heard this nagging voice in the back of her head that kept screaming her name. Then she remembered: Spike and Big Macintosh! She had to get up and look for them!

Applejack tried to stand up but, her legs threatened to give out, until she was mysteriously caught by somepony. Applejack looked up at who her savior was and was surprised to see a familiar collage of colors meet her eyes. “Rainbow!” she exclaimed.

“Hey, AJ. Sorry it took so long for me to get here.” Smiled the cyan pegasi as she stroked her own massive ego and hero complex imagining what she must look like through Applejack’s still focusing eyes.

Applejack smiled, “Rainbow. Ah’m so glad yer’ here,” Applejack put her arm around Rainbow Dash for support; Rainbow did the same, “I could really use yer’ help ‘bout now.” Applejack grunted as the two began to move. As it turned out, Spike and Big Macintosh were only a little ways away from where Applejack lay, they were still unconscious however.

The crunching of debris brought the two pony’s attention back to the gaping hole in the library, which was still smoking slightly. Out of the wreckage came an all-to-familiar form. “You!” Rainbow exclaimed and took a step backwards, not wanting to believe what her eyes were seeing. Applejack took a step back too but, out of wariness and wondering if the menacing figure before them was about to blow them up again as she had just done.

"I see you've gotten here just in time, but once again you’re too late!" the figure laughed, the air in which she spoke was as if she was filled to the brim with utmost pleasure and hatred all at once and her dialect sounded as if it was drowning in the darkness she proliferated. “I don’t believe I properly introduced myself last time we met,” she raised her rotting hoof regally to her chest, “My name is Queen Chrysalis, but you may know me as the Queen of the Changelings!”

Author's Note:

So the villain enters the picture (er- fanfic, I guess?)! What is she hear for? Will Rainbow Dash and her friends be able to stop whatever evil plan she has? Find out next time on.....SUPER RAINBOW ADVENTURE!

As always, leave a criticisms and correction suggestions in a nice and concise manner and feel free to like/dislike, comment, and favorite this fic if you liked it. If you did like it, feel free to show it your fellow bronies, friends, family or anyone who likes adventure stories! Thank you for reading, and have a nice day! XD

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment