• Published 12th May 2013
  • 1,662 Views, 35 Comments

Make It Last - ReflectedApples



The zombie outbreak has reached Equestria... Will the power of friendship last long enough to outlive the apocalypse?

  • ...
3
 35
 1,662

Chapter 1- Incognizant

Make It Last... Chapter 1- Incognizant

Drip.

Drip.

"Ugghhh..."

Drip.

"Owww..."

The freezing droplets of water continued to drip onto the unicorn's cheek. She tried to shift onto her side to avoid the leaky pipes' slow trickles but her own body felt too heavy to move. With her mind already beginning to stir, Twilight opened her exhausted eyes slowly. Her legs, back and mind ached as she to an effort to stretch on the hard concrete ground. It felt cold and sticky on Twilight's messy lavender fur as she pushed her body upward and turned her head. It took her a minute to realize that she was inside of the library's unoccupied cellar. Twilight scanned her eyes through the room looking for some type of clue to explain why she was down here.


When no memories nor ideas came to mind, Twilight stood up onto all four of her hooves and approached the old, rickety stairs. What was a few feet, seemed like a thousand miles. The pony moaned as she felt her knees buckle and clatter. She almost collapsed from her own weakness on the middle of the steps, but she gripped onto the slick railing. Twilight finally arrived at the top of the staircase and turned her head into the direction of the kitchen, where she heard a crash of a pot and pan.

"S-Spike?" Twilight called feebly.

CRASH

"Spike? I-Is that you?" she called once more, in a more frantic tone. Twilight turned around the corner to see a purple figure lay motionless on the floor. It was Spike, her number one assistant. Twilight's eyes widened as she gasped in horror and threw her hoof over her mouth.

"Sweet celestia, no-" she mumbled, almost silently. Boiling hot tears began to swell in her eyes. Spikes shoulder was gashed open, blood still oozing out of the opening in his scales. Scratches covered his body and there seemed to be some sort of bite mark on his leg. The lavender haired unicorn leaned in close and kissed his forehead, began to silently cry. She lay her head against her baby dragon's chest and sobbed softly.

"Who Spike? Who would do this to you? Why..." she wept.

She stayed there for a moment over her dead companion's body. Twilight's ears twitched when she heard the growl. She lifted her head up and looked behind her. Suddenly, she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. It was Spike, his finger began twitch and his claws started to flex. Twilight's face lit up, oblivious to the fact that he was dead a few moments ago. But, Spike showed no happiness as his eyes rolled open emotionlessly. He made strange noises that sounded like his throat was lodged in a sink drain. Twilight's tiny smile turn into a frightened frown as Spike grew closer with his claws outstretched and piercing teeth shining. She didn't know why she was so startled, but she wanted to run away as fast as she could. He groaned and snarled at her. Barely any noise was able to escape from Twilight's muzzle, she was in shock.

"Spike? What are you doing?! Stop it!" Twilight cried.

She shoved Spike away from her and stumbled out into the main lobby of the library. She looked down to see a large cut on her leg, which she was too distracted to notice before. Twilight tried to gallop to the door but, the pain was too severe. Instead she limped as fast as she could across the building. There were ripped books and pages scattered across the floor and the shelves were covered in indescribable marks. Twilight could tell that Spike was catching up with her. She wouldn't dare look behind her now, even if her instinct was yelling at her to.

Twilight sped past all of the countless bookshelves and out the door into Ponyville's Main Street. She jumped out the door and stopped to slam it shut. Quickly turning around, she hurled the door shut and heard it lock with a thud. Her head began to pound as she threw herself against the library door.

She rubbed her violet eyes and scanned the area for any life or movement. She sighed sorrowfully.

"Hello?" Twilight called in a hushed voice, "Is anypony there?"

Nothing.

No sound was made throughout the barricaded town except for a baby dragon clawing at the door and Twilight's own blood roaring in her ears and through her body. She sat at the door quietly. Sitting there, stone faced and deep in thought.

After laying on the welcome mat for, what seemed like, hours, Twilight stood up and walked. She walked away from her tree-like home. She continued until she saw a familiar building. It was Sugarcube Corner, it's windows were broken and it's frosting roofs seemed a lot less colorful based on the gloomy atmosphere. Twilight trotted over to the window and looked through it, but alas, there were no ponies inside. Just glass covered floors and blood stained walls. Twilight began to worry about Pinkie Pie and the Cakes. Where would Pinkie Pie even be if she wasn't in Sugarcube Corner?

At that instant, an idea occurred to Twilight. She hurried down Tulip Road and across the bridge over the flowing, musky river.

Twilight could see the Everfree forest from the clammy and muddy hillside. It looked even more frightening than usual under the dark, gray sky. She saw a familiar small tree cottage that was decorated in broken bird houses and wood planks and nails. She slowed down her trotting when she reached the wooden door. Twilight raised her hoof and knocked on the door. The unicorn's face grew a small grin when she heard a shift of movement from inside. She knocked again, harder and louder this time.

This time instead of movement she heard voices.

Comments ( 34 )

We enjoy a good zompony story and thou hast laid down some interesting framework by killing spike. We look forward to thy next update.

Well she found her friends now what

2565952 Now, they try to survive :moustache:

I wish my zompony story was as good as this. Oh well, I'll just have to work harder. But yours, is the best one I've read, keep it up.

Good work! I can't wait for the next chapter! :pinkiegasp:

I don't see rarity in the title photo this meanys she's dead right...right


now to read this story

Did I just wake up from a nightmare? Holy crap, get another chapter out ASAP! :pinkiegasp:

2565994 hey where are all the zombies or is it the zombies only come out at night

Well done this is the best zombie story I have read in a long time
keep it going and don't let anyone bring you down also get a editor just incase you spell something wrong
because that will throw people off of the watch and like button

2566571
Its the silence before the Storm my friend.....

"Who Spike? Who would do this to you?"

His name is ReflectedApples, Twilight. Kill him.

KILL, KILL!

I usually have no interest whatsoever in anything that focuses on just the mane six and pretends that Spike isn't part of the group, and I have downright negative feelings for anything that focuses on the mane six plus other ponies that still aren't Twilight's closest friend. But a zombie thriller in a night-deserted Ponyville might be fun. Spike chews gems, so he's gonna make one majorly dangerous zombie.

2566785 Well, thank you for taking interest even if you have those negative feelings :pinkiesmile:
(also I'm a female :rainbowlaugh:)

P.S: I do see Spike as part of the group. The only reason that I killed him was because it was important to the plotline and story and I didn't want to write Spike's personality incorrectly.

2566561 It's already in my draft notebook :twistnerd: I just need to type it out and fix spelling errors :ajsmug: (I make a lot of typos while writing in pencil)

2566832 Haha, I feel ya sister. :derpytongue2: And take your time to edit; you don't want a story this epic to fail because of a silly filly mistake. :raritywink:2566832

Idk what just happened to my last comment. That was to ReflectedApples.... :unsuresweetie:

No Rarity on the cover :raritycry: but a sad Sweetie Belle :unsuresweetie:...... foreshadowing????

>>ReflectedApples Haha, a good writer never shares her secrets. :twilightsheepish:

2566571 Oh my, dear friend... they didn't get to Canterlot yet :raritywink:

Good start, there are a few glitchies that you might want to check out, but otherwise I am intrigued!
Carry on good... fluttershy-bottom writer.

2567137 well sounds like atlanta in the walking dead

2567727 Canterlot is the capital of Equestria and probably has the most ponies in it. So, it would make sense that the biggest hoards would be there. And yes, I do watch the Walking Dead and I do understand why you would think that :raritywink: But, I'm trying to go a different route with this fic than the Walking Dead :twilightsmile:

2567741

I always though Manehattan was the largest city. If it is the same size as Manhattan during the 1890's to the 1920's, then it would be a death trap.

2568062 unless your on liberty island

2565869

Was going to read the story, then read your comment.

2572612 :fluttercry: :pinkiesad2: :raritycry: I'm sorry I killed Spike...

2566832
I really liked this, but I noticed some typos. If you don't have an editor, I'm (semi)free to help out.

2566556 it means that either she´s dead... or an undead, wich is (kinda) diferent :raritywink:

2579286 fuck I hope she is dead

Can't really say much, continue .

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy: Please oh pleeeeeeease continue!

Holy crap, this is good.
I commend you, ma'am, for not putting any ridiculously overpowered OC's in yours.
Unless that'll change.
Y'know, I'm fine with that.
Well then, just found a zompony story better than mine. You have earned my favorite & 50th like!:scootangel:

Login or register to comment