• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 2,155 Views, 11 Comments

Luna, Eclipsed - Bluecatcinema

  • ...
8
 11
 2,155

Nightmare's End

As the six ponies prepared to unleash the power of the Elements of Harmony upon Nightmare Moon, the mare of darkness did not look the least bit worried. In fact, she was smiling.

"What are you grinnin' at?" Rainbow Dash inquired. "We just wiped out your so-called 'Elements of Chaos', and we're about to do the same to you!"

"She's right." Agreed Twilight Sparkle. "It's over, Nightmare Moon."

Nightmare Moon's smirk deepened as the six's gems glowed brightly. Light exploded out of each of them, forming a rainbow that speeded toward the dark mare and enveloped her in a multicolored tornado. Just then, a burst of black light overshadowed the tornado. When the light faded, Nightmare Moon stood triumphant, completely unharmed, to the shock of the six, the Princesses, and Gothic.

"You foals!" Cackled Night Mare Moon. "The Elements of Chaos served their purpose. They were to keep you busy, while I drew ever more power from the eclipsing moon. Now, I am too powerful for even your precious Elements of Harmony to stop!"

As Nightmare Moon cackled in triumph, her shadowy mane elongated, ensnaring the six ponies and lifting them above the ground. The six struggled, but were unable to escape the constricting mist.

"All is lost." Sighed Princess Luna, head bowed in despair. "If the Elements of Harmony cannot stop Nightmare Moon, then nothing can."

"Don't talk like that, Princess." Said Gothic, still struggling to break the freeze spell. "Nightmare Moon can and will be stopped."

"No, she can't." Luna shook her head. "Nightmare Moon has won. She will have her eternal night, and there's nothing any of us can do about it."

"That's not true." Gothic said sharply. "You are the mistress of the night, not her. The moon, the stars... They all belong to you, not her."

"Not any more." Luna declared. "I'm nothing more then a puppet for Nightmare Moon, as I have always been."

"Don't say that!" Gothic came close to shouting. "You're so much more then that. You just have to believe in yourself, just as your sister believes in you. Just as I believe in you."

"You... really believe in me?" Luna whispered, amazed.

"Always have... your majesty." Gothic bowed.

As he said this, his horn glowed brighter. Unfortunately, it was now bright enough for Nightmare Moon to notice.

"Get away from her!" She snarled, dropping the six as she advanced on Gothic. "She belongs to me!"

"The Princess belongs to nopony but herself!" Said Gothic, standing firm. "If you want to hurt her, then you'll have to go through me!"

"Gothic, no!" Cried Luna.

"How touching." Sneered Nightmare Moon. "A single loyal subject seeks to protect his monarch. So gallant, so noble... so utterly pointless!"

With that, she charged at Gothic, her horn striking him in the side and flinging him into the cavern floor.

"Gothic!" Luna called out.

"My dream of the neverending night is finally at hoof, and I will not be stopped, least of all by the likes of you!" Nightmare Moon sneered.

"You don't deserve the night." Groaned Gothic, standing up. "You don't even understand it."

"What?" Hissed Nightmare Moon. "You dare..."

"Yeah, I dare." Smirked Gothic. "You see the night as a way of creating fear, but for Princess Luna, the true mistress of the night, it is so much more. It is a thing of beauty, where the wondrous constellations can be seen, and the moonlight illuminates the land. Her night is filled with wonders, from fireflies to star showers. Yours is just cold, dark and empty."

As Luna listened to Gothic's words, she felt her confidence grow. As her horn glowed brightly, Luna realised what she had to do.

"Enough!" Screeched Nightmare Moon, kicking Gothic to the floor. "I shall cease your prattling once and for all!"

As she raised her hoof above Gothic's head, she suddenly began to feel weak. Putting the hoof back on the floor to steady herself, she quickly found herself dropping to her knees.

"What is this?" She groaned. "What's going on?"

"It's quite simple, really." Luna declared as she stepped forward, the freezing spell broken. "The eclipsing moon was feeding your power, so I simply moved it."

Nightmare Moon looked up. The moon, previously held in place by her own magic, was indeed moving, breaking the eclipse, and thus cutting off the source of her power.

"No!" Shrieked Nightmare Moon. "You can't do this!"

"I can, and I am." Declared Luna. "Gothic was right. The night, the moon, they all belong to me, not you, and it's high time I took them back."

As the moon dipped below the cave wall, Night mare Moon grew even weaker, her body starting to fade in and out of existence.

"You've over-reached yourself, evil one." Declared Luna. "Without the moon to recharge you, you're finished. Twilight, do you think you and your friends have it in you for one more try?"

"Just watch us." Smiled Twilight, as she and the others got to their feet, gems glowing.

"No!" Screeched Nightmare Moon "This is not to be!"

As she attempted to fade into mist and escape, she was enveloped by white energy and forced back into her alicorn form.

"I don't think so." Said Princess Celestia, on whom Nightmare Moon's freezing spell had also been broken. Returning the favor, Celestia held Nightmare Moon in place.

"One more time, girls!" Called Twilight.

Once more, the rainbow energy erupted from the gems and enveloped Nightmare Moon. But this time, the wicked mare screamed in agony as a white light exploded within the rainbow. When the glare faded, there was nothing left of Nightmare Moon. No armor, no mist, nothing.

"Whoo-hoo!" Cheered Pinkie Pie. "We did it!"

"Awesome!" Cheered Rainbow.

"Git 'er done!" Chuckled Applejack.

"Yay!" Fluttershy said quietly.

"Most magnificent!" Smiled Rarity.

"A job well done to you all!" Smiled Celestia, nuzzling Twilight. "Well done, my faithful student."

"Thank you, Princess." Smiled Twilight as she nuzzled her mentor back.

Meanwhile, Luna dashed over to Gothic.

"Gothic, are you alright?" She asked, helping him to his feet.

"I'm fine, your majesty." Groaned Gothic. "No amount of pain can stop me from standing up for what I believe in."

"You are a very brave pony, sir Gothic." Luna smiled. "On a par with the six wielders of the Elements of Harmony themselves."

Gothic blushed in delight.

"I am so proud of you, little sister." Smiled Celestia. "You faced your own personal demon this day, and proved yourself stronger."

"Thank you, big sister." Luna smiled. "Perhaps now, I can finally put the past to rest, once and for all."

As they left the cavern, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie once again boarded the Royal Carriage, while Rainbow and Fluttershy flew down, joined by Celestia, Luna, and Gothic, whom Luna was levitating through her magic. As they descended on Canterlot, the crowd took notice, cheering for their freed Princesses and restored daytime. As they landed, they were greeted by their loved ones: Spike hugged Twilight, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle hugged their sisters, Scootaloo tackled Rainbow with glee, and Forrest kissed Fluttershy passionately.

"The Elements of Harmony have defeated Nightmare Moon once more!"

"We did not defeat her alone this time." Twilight told the crowd, as she walked up to the podium. "If not for Princess Luna, Nightmare Moon would have won."

The crowd gasped and whispered with reverence.

"This much is true." Luna admitted. "But only thanks to the words of a brave, noble pony." She indicated Gothic. "He risked his very life to inspire me to find the courage within myself to stop Nightmare Moon. He is as much a hero as anypony here today!"

The crowd applauded, stomping their hoofs on the ground, while Gothic waved modestly.

"I do believe some a reward of some kind is in order." Celestia stepped forward. "But what? Hmm... The royal court could always use a new member..."

"Me?" Gasped Gothic. "A member of the royal court?"

"Indeed." Smiled Celestia. "A pony of your valor and loyalty would fit in there perfectly."

"Kneel, good sir." Said Luna. As Gothic kneeled, she tapped his shoulder with her horn. "And rise, Lord Gothic, the courageous."

"I... don't know what to say." Mumbled Gothic, as the crowd applauded once more. "It's more then I deserve..."

"Make no mistake." Luna declared. "Through your valiant actions, you have earned this..." She kissed Gothic on the cheek. "...And perhaps more."

Gothic blushed once more, lowering his head bashfully.

"Perhaps you and I can discuss the night together, my lord?" Luna asked.

"It would be my pleasure, m'lady." Gothic took Luna's hoof and kissed it.

As Luna and Gothic trotted off, Celestia and the six ponies watched after them, smiling. Celestia was prouder of her sister then ever before. She had finally forged a friendship with another pony. Perhaps, in time, it would become stronger then friendship. A brand new day had finally dawned, in more ways then one...

The End.

Comments ( 3 )

It's a nice book. :ajsmug:

BRAVO! *claps* BRAVO! FREAKING AWSOME!

This was amazing! Gothic is an unique OC. I would love to see the whole Nightmare Moon part actually happen in the show. I think it would neat to watch unfold.
LATEP

Login or register to comment