• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,254 Views, 95 Comments

I Am Twilight Sparkle - Mike the Red



What if Michael Walker woke up as Twilight Sparkle, but did not revert to his human form and did not travel to Equestria? How does he adapt to his new life on Earth as Twilight?

  • ...
16
 95
 3,254

Epilogue -- Six Months Later

It has been a relatively quiet six months since the defeat of Discord -- my new status as an Alicorn Princess allowed me to revisit the terms of my contract with Hasbro, providing me with greater freedom of movement, contact with former friends and the new ones I made, as well as better and more favorable treatment. I received periodic visits from my Trixie counterpart, who was suitably impressed at my ascension, as unlikely as it was. Upon being asked where my Trixie was, I replied with great disappointment that she was no longer around, a fact which left me feeling quite depressed as I had become quite attached to the show-mare. My Trixie counterpart informed me that she would have a conversation with Princess Celestia to see what she could do for me.

The party and celebration held on our behalf after defeating Discord was about as impressive as could possibly be -- and as Princess Twilight, I was allowed to meet with the U.S. President himself, an honor I will cherish for the rest of my life. Meeting other very important people filled me with a deep sense of pride, though I tried my best to downplay the significance of my role. It gave me a sense of deep satisfaction to know that I was held in such high regard by so many people, such that it seemed as though a smile had permanently planted itself on my face whenever I made public appearances on behalf of the company.

When I was not making appearances, I was given first class treatment all the way, regardless of wherever I chose to go or whatever I chose to purchase. One of the things that truly impressed me was the fact that certain clothing designers expressed an interest in making custom clothing for me, which I graciously accepted. Other services were provided for me, including the preening of my wings because that was something I was unable to do on my own until I was actually taught how to do it.

I kept in touch with my former Element Bearers, updating on Facebook whenever time permitted, though I had a tendency to spend quite a lot of time on several games between my public appearances. I received many requests for certain favors, causing me to have security handle my mail for me and provide me with truly worthy causes which I tried my best to assist. Being as powerful a magic user as I had become, I found myself able to help quite a few people with desperate needs, being proclaimed a saint by some, leading others to worship me. At first I was flattered by this until rival religious zealots started acting violently towards my faithful, forcing me to disavow any religious following and give a public edict requesting the dissolution of any churches or religious practices with me as their deity or object of worship.

After the religious disturbances finally died down, Princess Celestia paid me a visit to check on my status. She seemed pleased with my story, though somewhat troubled by the fact I was still under contract to the company and requested I depart with her to Equestria. I replied by letting her know I was sorely tempted to take her up on her offer, but I needed some time to think it over. I also let her know I missed Trixie and desired a pony companion, as being the only sapient pony on the planet had caused me some degree of depression. She reiterated her request and informed me that my place was with her and not on a planet full of humans. Considering the fact I had spent so much of my life as a human, I felt a strong attachment to Earth and told her this much. Her response was that she was willing to give me as much time as I wanted and would wait patiently until I felt ready to leave. I nuzzled her on her neck and gave her a very warm thanks for her offer, eliciting a similar nuzzle from her. She also gave me an item so I could easily communicate with her whenever I wanted to, a gesture I deeply appreciated.

"Take care, Twilight -- please keep in touch. I look forward to your return to my realm in the future," she offered warmly as she departed.

"And you as well, Princess Celestia," I replied, matching her warm smile with one of my own.

About two weeks after that visit, she returned with a pony accompanying her. Upon seeing the azure unicorn mare, a very big smile graced my lips as I called out the show-mare's name. Trixie trotted prettily to me and nuzzled me, her smile as wide as mine. I returned her gesture with the same level of affection, a tear trickling down my right cheek.

"Trixie, I have missed you so much!" I cried as I reared onto my hind legs and wrapped my forelegs around her. A few more tears flowed down my cheeks, though I noticed her reaction matched mine.

"Trixie was hoping to be reunited with you, Sparkle!" she chirped, embracing me with her forelegs as well. I turned toward the Solar Princess, beaming a broad smile.

"Where did you find her? Thank you so much for reuniting us!" I exclaimed, my voice nearly a squeal of delight.

"Twilight, I sincerely hope you'll reconsider my offer -- now that you and Trixie are back together, would you please accompany me back to Canterlot? I have need of you back there," the Alicorn averred. Trixie and I exchanged glances, hers one of expectation, mine one of reticence.

"I am willing to return with you, Princess, but I have several requests to make of you if I am to remain in Equestria permanently," I replied matter-of-factly. The Alicorn maintained a serene smile and asked me about those requests, the most important one being that I be allowed to have Trixie stay with me. She informed me that her intent was to assign the show-mare to be my companion, a fact which impressed and pleased us both. I acceded to Celestia's request, a choice which pleased her and she wasted no time in taking us to her throne room. She then assigned us an escort who showed us to the room we'd be staying in. I asked her about the Golden Oaks Library in Ponyville and was informed that I needed some time to adjust before being sent there, especially considering Trixie's reputation. Trixie expressed trepidation at returning to Ponyville and pleaded with me to stay in Canterlot, a request I reluctantly accepted, much to the show-mare's delight.

The decision to remain in Canterlot Castle turned out to be a good one -- even though I had a rudimentary knowledge of the Castle, it was later shown to me just how little I knew the place. Since I no longer had Twilight inside me, every day became a learning experience for me. As for the requests I had made, many of them were fulfilled -- the condition was that I put as much effort into studying the lessons I was being taught with my full attention, but considering the fact that I had such a fascination with everything that was being offered, studying became a pleasure to me. This was not lost on the Solar Princess, who commented with some degree of astonishment upon the disciplines I mastered.

As Trixie and I spent even more time together, she and I taught each other different things -- and as she got to know me better, she expressed a deep fascination to learn everything about me, though I requested the same from her. Our love for each other grew so strong that eventually we got married. Life in Canterlot was good, but I also expressed a desire to visit Ponyville from time to time, as well as travel around all of Equestria to gain a new perspective on the world. Princess Celestia gave us many tours as time allowed her, and she showed us various places of interest. I was deeply humbled by her willingness to show us everything and even give us little secrets regarding some places.

Sometimes I would get homesick and express a desire to see Earth once again, but given how much time I had spent on Equus, I figured that a return trip to Earth would show me that the place had become unrecognizable. Resigned to my fate to remain in Equestria, I consoled myself with the fact that I had Trixie and that she had me. Truthfully, whenever I did express such a desire, Trixie would comfort me in her own special way to let me know I shouldn't worry about my home world anymore.







FIN

Comments ( 12 )

well I find this story better then the first on with him turning into twilight but...

first. yet again to fast, although you went at a slower pace it was still to fast. there are a lot of spots where you can't tell if there was a time jump or not.

second. he just knew things automatically. he should not just know something.

third. it felt like you didn't know what you wanted to do with this story, you had chrysalis show up and then no chrysalis at all except as the random nightmare moon thing. then it wasn't until more mane six showed up that suddenly twilight is in his head. this should have been noted at the start, and would have explained how he was able to use magic so quickly.

next, to many celestias. was the world he ended up in the first celestia's from the start of the story? the last? one of the several in between?

what befall chrysalis? was that all a dream?

what happened to his ex wife?

in the world he is in now, what do the other bearers exsist? is there another twilight?

also a big bump is the fact that discord fused mark and twilight's minds together. this
1. first he should have become a new being.

2. the fusion would cause a mixture of memories which likely would have caused mikelight to probably pass out of from a near brain rupturing headache as memories would be dive bombing him, colliding, mixing. it would be complete chaos in his head. and likely discord would have taken a front row seat in his head and watched it happen for hours. it would be like a movie marathon to him.

3. unfortunately, turning discord back into a statue would not have separated them. they would be so intertwined that separating them would either kill them both or turn them into vegetables/aka brain dead. it would likely take Celestia to even have a chance to do so and even then that would probably take her day week or even months to separate their two minds without damaging them, and even then the two of them wouldn't be fully separated, they would have bits and pieces of each other's memories, ideas, feeling, personality, and knowledge

4. this memory merge would drive him to move to ponyville to be with the rest of the element bearers.
as for paradox or destabilizing reality, that would have happened the moment he met himself, if not then the moment they touched.

4659677 I appreciate the fact you took time to read this story and make a good comment. The Chrysalis thing was indeed a dream, and the mind fusion thing seemed to work to both parties' advantage, seeing as the OC identifies very strongly with her and has a great deal in common with her. Yeah, I'll admit this story's pacing is a bit fast and there's some cause for confusion with some of the plot devices. I have a tendency to let a story write itself, depending on my mood.
Thanks again for your consideration -- I'm still trying to improve as a writer. :twilightsmile:

The early parts of the story could use a rewrite.

6037711

Again, the story could use a rewrite.

6386233 A mix of sarcasm, disbelief, reticence, resignation, exasperation, and frustration.

6651955
The first chapter? More like the first sentence! :rainbowlaugh: "Please allow me to introduce myself -- my name is Michael Walker and I work for a package delivery service, though I'm not at liberty to say which one."

After the first chapter I thought this was going to be a logical revision of Twilight for a Day with some different plotting.

I am now thinking desperately about hardwood floors.
This thing shedded details and subplots like it was reentering the atmosphere. I'm pretty sure the amount of random shift fucked me up.
1. The hell happened to the whole "imprisoned by changelings" thing? Did I miss something? Are we ignoring hasbro!Trixie being very Chrysalis?
2. Why was Nightmare Moon basically an "oh also this happened I guess" scene? It felt like your wrote it later on just because you figured having parallels to the original order would be nice
3. Did your wife just become mist? "Oh and also im divorcing lol" then poof.
4. Why do I get the eerie feeling that not all events were based on fiction from the fact your wife was accepting around the creation of Twilight for a Day and then she suddenly became a gambler who shedded money, took money from you, then divorced? :trixieshiftleft: Iiii'm just saying. Lil too real.
5. No but seriously, Trixie????? What was going on with the 5~ trixies? Why were all of them ending as oddball chars? Gwen???

I dunno. This story is a something. It was almost realism and then it became Inception but more confusing. It's 2 am
hardwood floors/10 :twilightsheepish:

7725822 The randomness is supposed to confuse the reader -- to illustrate the thought process of the main character, who had great difficulty in discerning reality from illusion.

7727983
Frankly, the issue was I got so confused that basically... since we have "trains of thought" let me describe it like this: My shortterm memory traincar became so full one couldn't open the door and I basically started to lose track of events in the story because I was already too confused. While you did succeed, you succeeded so well and for so long it actually became lost on me and being confused and losing track of events makes stories suck. Ah well, not like you haven't already wrote the fic.

also sorry aout 2am me they're a right bastard

Umm What happened to Gwen Exactly? :rainbowhuh: The last thing we heard about her was being pulled from Trixie's body and transformed into a Green Pegasus.

10391957
When Discord separated Gwen from Trixie and Gwen flew off, she went home. When Discord was hit with the Elements of Harmony, all formerly human ponies reverted to their human forms. I believe Gwen would have been sleeping in her bed when this change happened. I also believe she would have been slightly disappointed in the change, but going back to being human would have been best for her.

This went beyond*Random* and into crack-fic territory. Played very fast and loose with continuity, unfortunately the decent character development did not compensate enough to make it enjoyable.

Login or register to comment