• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,254 Views, 95 Comments

I Am Twilight Sparkle - Mike the Red



What if Michael Walker woke up as Twilight Sparkle, but did not revert to his human form and did not travel to Equestria? How does he adapt to his new life on Earth as Twilight?

  • ...
16
 95
 3,254

Discord's Puppets

Out of the frying pan and into the fire... I thought as I mulled the dragonequus' words. Trixie and I wandered about the very large but sparsely decorated room -- there didn't appear to be any beds for us to sleep on.

"How long are we supposed to be here, Discord?" I asked.

"Trixie wants to know as well," she added.

"As long as I want you to," he chuckled.

How am I supposed to get out of this? I wondered. I trotted around the room looking for a cozy spot to lay down and found none. "Discord, where are we supposed to sleep?" I asked, my sense of unease starting to creep into my voice.

"I shall provide suitable sleeping arrangements for you two," he said rather flippantly. He waved his lion's paw again, creating a single bed, just large enough for two ponies. "You two shall share that bed," he chuckled.

Trixie and I gave each other very shocked looks before turning towards the chaos entity. "We are NOT sleeping together!" we shouted at him simultaneously.

"Oh, but you are," he chuckled, "unless you'd rather sleep on the cold hard floor?"

We both snorted at him before turning our gazes back to each other. "...Fine. But we're not going to enjoy it," I stated flatly.

"Who said anything about that?" he chuckled again. "You serve me at my pleasure -- if you disappoint me, I shall find replacements for you -- but don't think that means you'll have it easy out there," he said, pointing a talon towards the city. "Life can be pretty tough for somepony who disappoints me," he noted. We shuddered at the possibilities as dark images played out in our minds. Discord was running a projector, showing those possibilities on a screen. "This is what lies in store for you should you disappoint me."

"Okay, so what are we supposed to do?" I asked.

"Whatever I want you to do," he replied dismissively.

"And when does that start?" I asked.

"Right NOW!" he laughed, snapping his talons. Suddenly, Trixie and I were jerked about as though we were little more than a marionette's puppets, dancing on strings being pulled by the dragonequus. We were moved around the room with no sense of self-control Any attempt we made to regain control of our bodies proved futile as we were jostled and swung about to and fro with no specific direction or motive.

"Discord! Stop this!" I called out to him. Apparently his control over us was not complete, but he soon remedied that.

"Heh, I'll stop when I'm ready to, Twilight! Did you forget? You are my puppets, you do my bidding! I'm doing this to show you that you have no control over your bodies any more, to show you that you are my property, my belongings, my personal possessions! I won't allow you to speak unless I desire it!" he cackled gleefully as he continued to manipulate us randomly. I tried to speak again, but found I could not. Trixie shed tears as she expressed a sense of helplessness over her situation. I could have sworn she pleaded with me to help her -- perhaps we could communicate telepathically, if nothing else. He continued to move us around the room until his amusement faded. He released us from his control at that point.

"Why must you torment us like that?" I asked, trying to mask my anger.

"You're not a very good listener, you know that?" he replied. "I already told you, Twilight, you belong to me now -- unless you think you want to try living out there, without the use of your magic..."

I hung my head in response. "Okay, Discord, you win. You know I'd be totally helpless without my magic."

"Sparkle, can't you do anything?" the show-mare asked me, desperation coloring her words. "Trixie does not want to be stuck like this! Why did you drag her into this mess?"

"It wasn't my idea, Trixie," I stated sadly. "I merely expressed a curiosity about you and Discord decided he wanted you as additional entertainment." She glowered at me.

"So it was your idea! Don't lie to Trixie, Sparkle!"

Discord started chuckling. "I knew putting the two of you together would provide me endless entertainment! I'm so glad I listened to you, Twilight!"

"Why do you have to ruin things, Discord?" I growled through clenched teeth.

"That depends on your definition of ruin," he said flatly. "In my eyes, I'm just having fun -- if that bothers you, do something about it!"

"I wish there were some way I could, though I have no idea of how I could defeat you alone, or even with Trixie's help," I grumbled.

"That's what I like about you, Twilight! Ever the fighting spirit, ever the one looking at things in simple black and white terms, never considering all the possible shades of grey in between those two polar opposites! Such two-dimensional thinking empowers me!"

I sighed in disgust and made my way over to the bed to lie down. "My brain hurts, Discord," I muttered as I climbed onto the bed. Trixie joined me, not bothering to speak to the dragonequus. She lay next to me and quickly fell asleep. I soon joined her in slumber.

"Aw, isn't that cute? They make such a pretty pair!" he chuckled softly, smiling to himself. He took a moment to turn Trixie toward me, her left foreleg draped around my midsection. I was unaware of this, but a smile made its way onto her face as she hugged me close. I sensed her body warmth, which felt nice, but didn't consider it anything more than her cuddling me for warmth or comfort. We slept for several hours like that before Discord woke us up again and fed us breakfast.