• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,251 Views, 95 Comments

I Am Twilight Sparkle - Mike the Red



What if Michael Walker woke up as Twilight Sparkle, but did not revert to his human form and did not travel to Equestria? How does he adapt to his new life on Earth as Twilight?

  • ...
16
 95
 3,251

Rescue

I drifted in and out of consciousness and lost track of time. I had no idea where we were or why the Queen had taken us captive. Using my magic proved fruitless as the green goop seemed to have solidified after awhile. We were still able to breathe, but I wasn't sure how much longer we'd be able to survive. Hanging upside down kept me in a constant state of fatigue, virtually unable to sleep except for when I got too tired to struggle against the cocoon.

--------------------------------

Somewhere outside where we were, Princess Celestia had traced the distress call to my car. Unable to determine my fate, she asked the car to search for me or my magic signature, but because the car was turned off, she was unable to receive a response. Truthfully, I would doubt the car would be able to locate me and direct the Princess there.

The Alicorn used her magic to search for traces of my magic signature and found a spot in the front yard of my house where the Changeling Queen had impaled her horn. Celestia frowned when she detected the magic signature of Chrysalis, then teleported back to her universe.

-----------------------------------------------

I heard a cracking noise -- I couldn't see what was going on as it was pitch black wherever it was we were. I called out for Brenda but got no response. I felt the pull of gravity on my body, a sensation of falling, then hitting something hard. I yelped in pain as whatever I hit felt like breaking a bone somewhere. I tried to stand and was rewarded by a sharp shooting pain my my left hind leg. I yelped a bit louder, whimpering slightly. I opened my eyes and it took awhile for them to adjust to the very low light level. I could only make out rough dark shapes. I felt very tired so I lay down wherever I was and fell asleep.

I was awoken by a deep hunger for sustenance of some sort. Groggily I rose to my hooves, my left hind leg aching terribly. I tried to hobble forward on my three good legs toward a greenish glow off in the distance. The floor was slippery and I fell several times, each time getting the slimy substance on my belly and insides of my legs. As I drew closer to the glow, I could hear muffled voices -- Chrysalis and a few male-sounding voices. I could make out traces of military strategy for conquering the planet and subjugating the populace, enslaving them for the purpose of draining their life force and maintaining a sustainable source of that life force for the foreseeable future.

I clung to the nearest wall, trying to avoid being seen. I crept a bit closer to see if I could make out any further details, but the changelings seemed to be sniffing the air, as though they could smell something I could not. I saw one of them peer in my direction, causing me to shake in fear and panic. In my current state, I could not outrun any of them, and teleporting was out of the question, though I could feel some of my magic. I wondered if I could muster enough for a teleport, but wasn't sure where to teleport to if I got lucky enough for it to work. I focused on my car's location and concentrated hard, channeling as much magic as I could through my horn. I was amazed to see that I did indeed have just enough magic to teleport to my car's location. I rested against the car for a few moments, trying to recover from the jaunt.

"Twilight, what happened to you? I feared the worst," I heard somepony say as she seemed to materialize in front of me.

"I need to go back and rescue my wife and her kids," I stated flatly. "We were captured by the Changeling Queen -- I need to go back." I was amazed to see Princess Celestia standing a few feet away, a look of deep concern on her face.

"Your present condition will not allow you to do that -- but I can retrieve them for you," she said. She focused a beam of magic into my head, receiving certain information. Another flash of light and a loud popping noise caught my attention as I saw Brenda, Xaviera, and her two kids teleported to the front yard. They were still encased in that green substance, which the Alicorn took little time removing and destroying. The four of them shivered in the cold, but when Brenda saw me, she smiled and ran over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Go back in the house and clean off -- I need to clean off as well, but the Princess here probably needs to talk to me some more. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can," I said softly.

"Princess? Is that the big white horse here?" Brenda asked. Xaviera took her kids into the house, not wanting to stay outside any longer.

"You are Brenda? Michael's wife? I am sorry you had to endure what you did. I will make sure that this situation is remedied as quickly as possible," the Alicorn stated softly.

"Mike, please hurry back," my wife said softly as she went back into the house.

"Michael, I am intrigued by the fact that you have been transformed into a duplicate of my faithful student, though I am somewhat puzzled that you are a unicorn. In my realm, Twilight has already transcended to Alicorn status. Perhaps it is your destiny to also become an Alicorn," the Solar Princess mused.

"I am honored by your compliment, your Majesty, but the Queen is a greater concern for me. She's not supposed to be on this world, and she has designs on subjugating all seven billion humans here," I stated flatly. "I think my left hind leg is broken -- I fell out of my cocoon and landed on it wrong."

"Please accompany me, Twilight," Celestia said softly, wrapping a wing around me, and teleporting me to Ponyville General Hospital. We arrived at the admissions desk, staffed by an earth pony mare. With the arrival of the Sun Goddess herself, everypony tried their best to bow to her. When they saw me, they were shocked.

"Princess Twilight? When did you go back to being a unicorn?" somepony asked me.

Celestia calmed everypony, informing them I needed immediate medical attention. My needs were seen to very swiftly. I found myself having to explain to everypony my situation. I must have repeated myself at least a dozen times, as everypony who was either a staff member or patient asked me the same question. I was taken to another room where my left hind leg was placed in a stint and bandaged up. I was curious to know why they didn't put it in a cast, but I was assured that the break was not a compound fracture and that it would heal rather quickly.

Word of my arrival in the hospital quickly spread through the town and I was visited in my room by Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie. Each of them were amazed to see me in my non-Alicorn form and asked me lots of questions (especially Pinkie Pie). I ended up repeating my story for them again, and when I mentioned being captured by Chrysalis, they hugged me and asked if they could help me get rid of her.

"I really appreciate the offer, ladies, but I can't do much until I'm a hundred per cent. I don't even know how to go about defeating the Queen and her army, and I'm afraid she's going to take over my homeworld. I can't allow her to do that, but I can't beat her on my own," I stated flatly.

"We'll do what we can to help you, darling," Rarity offered. "We can't allow one of our friends to be hurt like this."

"Thank you, Rarity. I just want to tell you that I am really happy to see you all -- it means a lot to me," I said softly.

"We're here fer ya, sugarcube," Applejack smiled. Seeing her smile brought a smile to my face.

"I was hoping I'd get to see you all. I will need to talk with Princess Celestia again to find out how to get Chrysalis and her army off my planet. My wife is probably wondering where I am as well," I mused.

"Wait -- what? You're ... married?" Rainbow asked in surprise.

"RD, dear, weren't you paying attention to her story? She's not really Twilight, even though she looks like her. She's from another world and needs our help," Rarity chided gently.

"Twiley, I wanna come visit your world! It sounds like it's a lot of fun!" Pinkie giggled.

"I know of some places you'd probably enjoy, Pinkie," I said, chuckling at her enthusiasm. "You'd probably have to get Princess Celestia's blessing, and the humans would gawk at you as well." As soon as I had mentioned the Sun Godess' name, she POPped into the room with all of us.

"Your Majesty, I am happy to see you," I stated. "What's the best strategy for getting rid of the Changeling Queen and her army?"

"My suggestion would be to use the Elements of Harmony on her," the Alicorn mused. "But I believe you need more time to recover from your injuries. Try to get some rest, Michael, as you are going to need it. Ladies, please allow her to rest. There will be time for visitation later."

The others talked all over each other, but most of their words were "Yes, Princess," and "Seeya later, Twilight." Everypony left the room, except for the Alicorn who stayed behind to ensure I was resting comfortably and that I wasn't experiencing any pain. I told her I deeply appreciated everything she was doing for me, and she assured me that I would not be facing the Queen alone again, a statement for which I thanked her generously. Considering the situation was under control, she bid me farewell and teleported back to her Castle. I laid down to get some sleep, feeling at ease for the first time in quite a while.