• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,251 Views, 95 Comments

I Am Twilight Sparkle - Mike the Red



What if Michael Walker woke up as Twilight Sparkle, but did not revert to his human form and did not travel to Equestria? How does he adapt to his new life on Earth as Twilight?

  • ...
16
 95
 3,251

Two Trixies?

I was resting comfortably, enjoying a nice dream about myself and Trixie when I heard a POPping noise from somewhere downstairs. I heard somepony talking, which caught my attention, especially when I heard a certain great and powerful mare use third pony speech to refer to herself.

"Trixie wants to know why you've taken her here, Michael," she said.

"We're just here so I can tell Brenda I'm on another mission," I heard the same voice say. I gathered from the speech pattern that it couldn't be Trixie talking to herself, so I got out of bed and trotted into the hallway and turned on the light. I looked downstairs to see two Trixies standing beside each other.

"I've heard of being beside yourself, but this is ridiculous. Two Trixies? What's going on here?" I asked. I was wondering if I was still half-asleep or something.

"What are YOU doing here, Sparkle?" one of them asked me rather harshly.

"This is MY house, Trixie!" I stated, contempt trying to make its way into my voice.

"Watch your tongue, Sparkle, or you'll make Trixie mad!" she shouted at me.

"Oh, is the Great and Powerful Trixie threatening me in my own house? How about you, other Trixie? Who might YOU be?" I asked as anger started to creep into my voice now.

"Trixie thought this was Michael's house," she said, pointing her left fore-hoof at her doppelganger.

"Twilight? Is your human name Michael Walker?" Trixie-me asked.

"Wait -- you're telling me you're supposed to be ME? Why'd you choose to be Trixie?" I asked in surprise.

"Because Trixie is sexier than Twilight," came his/her reply. Trixie-me then turned her backside to me and wiggled her hips suggestively. Trixie stuck her tongue out at me.

"What business do the two of you have in my house?" I asked in exasperation.

"Is Brenda here?" Trixie-me asked. Trixie had trotted into the living room and was admiring the large TV.

"No, Mike, she isn't. She went to the boat and hasn't come back yet. I wonder if she's gonna get a room in Joliet and stay overnight -- I wonder how much money she got for the gold she sold," I mused.

"What gold?" asked Trixie, her ears having perked up at its mention.

"This doesn't concern you, Trixie," I stated flatly. Trixie-me had wandered into the kitchen and opened the fridge to see if there was something to eat or drink. He/she telekinetically removed the pitcher of Kool-Aid and poured some into a glass, then took a slice of cheese pizza to nibble on.

"Trixie thinks it does, Sparkle," she responded flatly. She followed her doppelganger into the kitchen to assist in raiding the fridge. Their actions were starting to annoy me. Trixie also took a slice of pizza and started munching on it.

"Hey, you didn't pay for that," I protested.

"You're the one with the gold -- sell some for some money," Trixie-me said matter-of-factly.

"Easier said than done, Mike. You got the answer to your question -- I think it's time for both of you to leave. You've popped into an alternate universe if you're me. Is there anything else you want?"

"I could always use some extra help, Mike. I'm on a new mission -- I'm going to save Ponyville from Nightmare Moon!" Trixie-me announced proudly.

"What do you need ME for? You're the one with all the answers and I have other matters to attend to," I said flatly.

"That's okay -- just tell Brenda where I've gone, okay?"

"You traveled to the wrong Earth, Mike. My Brenda is still on the boat, I think. Your Brenda is probably sleeping -- I don't know how you got HERE, but this is not your Earth. I suggest you take 'Miss Great and Powerful' with you, wherever it is you're going. Trixie, I wasn't quite expecting to see you, even though you were wandering around in a dream I was having."

"Sparkle was dreaming about Trixie? Do tell!" she grinned. I blushed in embarrassment. "Ooh, Sparkle must have been having a naughty dream about Trixie!" she giggled. I hung my head, my ears drooping. Trixie-me laughed.

"Would the two of you just please leave?" I asked in exasperation.

"Okay, Twi, seeya later!" Trixie-me chuckled, taking the show-mare with him/her as they POPped out of existence in this universe. What Trixie-me had said intrigued me somewhat, but I figured it was something to think about later. I trotted back into my bedroom, noticing the clock read 2:37 AM. The sun wasn't going to rise for another four hours, so I figured some more sleep would allow me to soothe my nerves after seeing two Trixies. There was a part of me wondering how my alternate universe self traveled across a dimensional barrier, but I decided to set those thoughts aside as I laid back down to get some more sleep.

I dreamed about Trixie taking her caravan into Ponyville and setting up her magic show. It was late in the evening and her pyrotechnic display caught my eye. She boasted about vanquishing an Ursa Major, a feat I considered to be a ridiculous exaggeration of the truth. I wondered if she'd even seen such a creature, let alone defeated it by herself. She challenged members of the audience to match skills with her, but found myself trotting inexorably toward the stage. I heard my friends urging me to put the show-mare in her place, though there was a part of me that was screaming at me not to do so. Having forced that part of me into silence, I managed to easily embarrass the show-mare, showing her magical talents I had at my disposal that put hers to shame. I witnessed her become infuriated with me and vowed revenge as she folded up her caravan and left town in a hurry. My friends congratulated me on a job well done, though I felt some compassion for the show-mare when I caught sight of her crying as she magically propelled her caravan down the road leading away from Ponyville toward the next town on the way to Manehattan. I seemed to melt away from the scene as Brenda woke me up when she got into the bed to get some sleep herself.

"So how much money did you get?" I asked her.

"More than forty thousand dollars," she said, matter-of-factly.

"And how much do you have left?"

"Um, none of it. Let me get some more of that gold for tomorrow," she requested tiredly.

"WHAT? You lost ALL of it?!" I asked in exasperation.