• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,253 Views, 95 Comments

I Am Twilight Sparkle - Mike the Red



What if Michael Walker woke up as Twilight Sparkle, but did not revert to his human form and did not travel to Equestria? How does he adapt to his new life on Earth as Twilight?

  • ...
16
 95
 3,253

Let's Go to the Boat

I woke up in a cold sweat and nearly let a scream escape my lips. I saw the clock read 3:52 AM and noticed Brenda laying in the bed next to me.

"What is it, Mike? What's wrong?" she asked, genuine concern in her voice.

"I dreamt you had been replaced by the Changeling Queen and that we had been assimilated into her hive, and that she and her army had taken control of our country's government and military," I said flatly.

"What? What kind of nonsense is that? Have you lost your mind? I need a glass of water, would you go get it for me? I'm thirsty and it's hot in here," my wife stated in annoyance. She didn't seem too concerned about my nightmares.

I pulled the cover off me and walked to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water for her. I hadn't realized this, but I was back in my human form. I acted as though this was perfectly natural, that I had not been transformed into Twilight at all. I returned to our bedroom, carefully holding the nearly full glass so that none of its contents would spill.

"Here ya go, Brenda," I stated, handing her the glass, which she took and drained rather quickly.

"Thanks," she said and laid back down to sleep some more.

I laid down again, pulling the cover back over me and returned to sleep, though this time there were no lucid dreams.

---------------------------------

The sun's rays filtering in through the window woke me up around 7:15. I think it was a Saturday morning, but I wasn't entirely sure about that. I checked to see what I looked like, so I got up to use the bathroom -- I needed to pee. I was astonished to see that I was still in my human form, but noticed that the light in the bathroom worked. I was going to have to check on the car to see what might have happened to it, but not before taking care of my business in the bathroom. I decided to take a shower at this point and enjoyed the feeling of the warm water running over my body. I soaped myself up and shampooed my hair and rinsed off. I think the last time I had taken a shower was -- when? I couldn't remember exactly.

I picked up my phone to check on it, but it only showed three missed calls, none from my boss or supervisor. I decided to call both of them to see if I still had a job -- they asked me if I was joking with them and that I was to be at work at 8:00 AM on Monday and to enjoy the rest of the week-end. I was a bit puzzled by this, so I went downstairs to turn on the computer. I saw the big chunk of gold on the floor in the basement, so I guess it all hadn't been a dream. Even so, it was quite disconcerting that I would experience such a vivid dream.

The date and time on the computer showed me that today was only Sunday, the day after I had been transformed into Twilight -- I was disappointed that I only got to spend just a single day as Twilight. I muttered to myself about it seeming like it was longer than a day, but then again, who knows how much time passes in dreams anyway.

There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary on the computer, so I turned it off. I went back upstairs to talk to my wife for a few moments.

"So how did yesterday go?" I asked her.

"I sold some of the gold and got forty some-odd thousand dollars for it," she cheerfully replied.

"You went to the boat and lost it all," I stated flatly.

"What are you talking about, Mike? I won over fifty thousand dollars while I was on the boat! I wanna go back today! And you can drive me there, and we can both play!" she giggled playfully.

"Now THAT sounds like a plan!" I chuckled. "Let me get some clothes on, I can't wait to get there!"

I went to get a fresh change of clothes and got dressed. I went downstairs into the kitchen to get some food and noticed a couple of pizza boxes in the fridge. One had sausage and pepperoni on it, so I took a slice of that one and popped it in the microwave for about a minute or so. I noticed that pizza seemed to have a different taste for humans than it did for ponies, but didn't mind the flavor. I drank some orange juice to wash it down, then went back to the computer for a bit to wait on Brenda to shower and get dressed herself. This took about half an hour, then we left to go to the boat.

I noticed the car and cursed my luck as I had just remembered I locked the key inside the car. I ended up calling a tow company to perform a lockout service for me, which wasted another hour of my time.

"You're such an idiot, Mike. Why did you do that?" Brenda asked, quite annoyed by the fact I had locked the key inside the car.

"I was in Twilight's body when I did that, Brenda. I'm still disappointed I only got to be her for a single day," I mused sullenly. I paid the tow truck driver and gave him a tip for his kindness. I started up the car and heard the car analyze driver and passenger data, confirming me and my wife's identities, which caused her to chuckle.

"So you gave the car a voice module, how cute," Brenda mused.

"It's an interactive voice module. Watch this. Hey, car, what do you want me to call you?" I asked it.

"You may call me TS, Michael," came a cheery sounding voice from the speakers.

"That's really creepy, Mike," my wife said apprehensively.

"Where do you wish to go, Michael?" TS asked.

"How about President's Casino, Bettendorf, Iowa?" I asked.

"Acquiring target destination. Target acquired. Preparing to teleport," came the voice from the speakers. The car started glowing a bright magenta color, then everything went brilliant white. We seemed to disappear into nothingness for a split-second, then reappeared just outside the requested casino in the parking lot. The car had predetermined a landing point so we wouldn't merge with any obstructions.

"That was fast," Brenda said in astonishment.

"Magic battery level, 96 per cent," the car stated flatly. I turned the car off and put the key in my pocket. Brenda and I walked into the casino, each of us going our separate ways inside as I sidled up to a random slot machine. My wife had gone to another section of slot machines and we spent the better part of the day gambling. My luck was only average -- I lost about two hundred dollars over the course of several hours, but Brenda seemed to be blessed with good luck. She had won another thirty thousand or so, grinning from ear to ear.

"Can I have some more to play around with, please?" I asked her. She handed me ten C-notes and told me not to spend it all in one place, which made me chuckle and shake my head at the irony of her request.