Comments ( 291 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 291
Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: HAZESHIFT
Title: My New Life in Equestria: Helping has its ups and downs
Genre Tags: Romance, Comedy, Random, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Human
Other information: thius is my first foc and i've been woprking on it for awhile; its still going and will be for awhile...i would appreciate all criticism i really want to know how i'm doing

Reviewer: OtterMatt

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Burraku_Pansa
Title: To Glimpse a Wider World
Genre Tags: Adventure, Slice of Life (unshown, obviously)
Specific Request (if any): Simon_oSullivan
Other information you wish to share: This is an Adventure fic to the extent that the main characters are going on what will become a lengthy adventure around Equestria, and will wind up impacting the places they travel to in one way or another. It's planned to be very episodic after what's currently posted, though, so the whole thing is pretty much going to feel like a Slice of Life in a lot of ways. Tag confusion, ho!

Reviewer: Simon_oSullivan

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Demon Eyes Laharl
Title: Gentleman for Mares
Genre Tags: Slice of Life, Human, Sex
Other information you wish to share: Story is incomplete.

Reviewer: Aquillo

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Memorex11235
Title: Insanity
Genre Tags: Adventure, Human, Sad, Alternate Universe, Romance
Other information you wish to share:
1) Are the characters believable?
2) Does the story flow well?
3) Is my use of Imagery effective?
4) Pay close attention to mistakes in the first three chapters. These are where the mistakes will be most common.

Reviewer: FloydienSlip

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: The Fool
Title: The Ballad of Trixie Lulamoon
Tags: Adventure, Romance
Request: Burraku_Pansa
Comments: The Ballad of Trixie Lulamoon is the sequel to The Magician and the Fiddler. Though the latter isn't necessarily required reading, if my reviewer has time, I would appreciate his or her reading both, as it would better equip him or her to answer my salient question: where did I go wrong? I feel like I've improved by leaps and bounds, but with the exception of Carnality's, my stories' ratings have gone downhill since The Magician and the Fiddler. Is a lack of popular appeal to blame, or have I lost my touch somewhere along the way?

Reviewer: Burraku_Pansa

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Ice Cube
Title: Regret
Genre Tags: Sad. Romance, Slice of Life
Other information you wish to share: Help me review the pacing of this story, or anything jarring.
Octascratch Fic that happens after the song 'I Am Octavia'

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Firecaller
Title: Denuo Fortuna
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure, Alternative Universe.
Other Info: Your site was recommended to me by 'La Barata'. As first EVER time doing anything like this I feel my work needs some pointers to help me improve. Yes, English is my first language (see comments). Currently using Word 2002 version. Grammar and spell check set on UK. Considering a Pre-reader at some point.

Reviewer: ambion

Comment posted by Csquared08 deleted Oct 15th, 2013
Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: ChaosBrony93
Title: Dreams of Broken Promise
Genre Tags: Romance, Tragedy, Dark, Adventure
Other information you wish to share: Some gore, but fairly light. Currently trying to finish it slowly but surely.

Reviewer: FoughtDragon01

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Arcticbrony
Title: A soul to spare
Genre Tags: Dark, Comedy, Human (Normal Hie, Not Bie).
Other information you wish to share: The story takes place about a hundred years before the release of Nightmare Moon.... cant think of anything else to put here, so i guess thats it^^

Reviewer: La Barata

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: insula sol
Title: Secret Agent Macintosh
Genre Tags: Romance (not much in regards to the main character), Adventure
Other information you wish to share: I'm not really sure about the style I'm using, or how I'm characterizing canon characters.
It's my first real FIM fiction story, takes place in the Doctor Whooves multiverse, and has a lot of flashbacks.
I would really appreciate any review I can have, and thank you for just looking at it.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: hamcon
Title: Bijoux & Magic
Genre Tags: Romance, Random
Other information you wish to share: How did I do with the clop scenes?

Reviewer: kalash93

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Iron Galley
Title: A Perfect Day!
Genre Tags: Romance, Random, Slice of Life, Alternate Universe, Human.
Other Information:
I've had a few others take a look at the story, and they all agreed on the fact that the grammar was fine, so I'm mostly looking for help in the fields of whether the story has:
Originality.
Good description.
Believable reactions and characters.
An interesting set up thus far.
If there is anything else that can be improved, please tell me. Thanks!

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Shiek927
Title: Sire's Day
Genre Tags: Sad, Slice-of-Life
Other information you wish to share: Nothing I suppose, except that the reviewer is as fair, thorough and objective as possible.

Reviewer: Ibuprofen

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Mithlome
Title: Monster Hunting: Tawrich
Genre Tags: Adventure, Dark
Other information you wish to share: You're doing God's work.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Musleblast
Title: Equestria, Ho!
Genre Tags: Comedy, Adventure, Human, Crossover, Alternate Universe
Specific request: Anyone who has read the comic series "Calvin and Hobbes" before.
Other things I wish to share: I would like someone to look at the chapters that I posted already, and to preview the chapters I typed up but not finished. If the person agrees to be my proofreader, I can send links to Google drive word documents where my chapters are saved.

Reviewer: Starman Ghost

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Exilo
Title: Overture
Genre Tags: Romance, Sad, Slice of Life
Other Information you Wish to Share: I recieved a rejection from EqD for this fic, but he encouraged me to make specific, minor changes. They were minor to the point that I wasn't given a strike. Just very small things.
The reviewer recommended this group. I'm not sure if you could help with that, but would it be possible to give the review, and then have them take a look at the story? Since, I just need some help thinking what to add to certain parts. That's really where I am drawing a blank.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Revenant Wings
Title: The Prince and the Gunslinger
Genre Tags: Romance, Tragedy, Dark, Adventure, Alternate Universe
Other information: Rated Teen; contains violence, some language, and some sensuality. It is partially a grimdark fic.

Reviewer: Milky Way

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Starshine Dart
Title: Gateway to Harmony: Flames Within These Feathers
Genre Tags: Adventure
Other information you wish to share: I am a new author, so I would really appreciate this review. There are only two chapters as of now. In addition to the usual what I'm doing right/wrong, I would also like to know if the story is overall entertaining, or if it seems dry, etc. I haven't been getting helpful comments/reviews as often as I would like, so this would mean a lot to me.

Reviewer: MidnightRambler

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Posey
Title: Mare of the Mountains
Genre Tags: Adventure
Other information you wish to share: As this story is not yet published, would it be possible for the reviewer to send me their feedback in a PM? If not, they may comment on the unpublished story page.

Reviewer: Spabble
Status: COMPLETE (Since the story was unpublished at the time, the review was sent as a PM. Thus, there is no link to the review.)

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Slip Kid
Title: Beyond the Vale
Genre Tags: Dark, Comedy, Adventure, Alternate Universe

Reviewer: IncoherentOrange

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Naxanz
Title: Rainbow Factory: The Untold Story
Genre Tags: Tragedy, Sad, Dark
Specific Requests: None
Other information: The story is incomplete. I would like to know what I can improve on so that the rest of it can be better.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: The Apologetic Pony
Title: Millennial Heartstrings
Genre Tags: Sad, Adventure
Other information: Thanks to whoever is going to take a look at this. As stated in the description of the story, it was written pre-season 3.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Goldenwing42
Title: Omega
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure
This is my first fic. I would like it if the reviewer could focus on the emotional side of the story, which I feel is my weakest.

Reviewer: Aquillo

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Dramacolt
Title: When Kindness Met Hatred
Genre Tags: Romance, Sad, Dark, Slice of Life
Other information you wish to share: This is somewhat of a long term project that I'm currently working on. It's a story that's told in a first person narrative through Fluttershy's perspective. I'm writing her as a peripheral narrator kind of like Nick Carroway in "The Great Gatsby." TRIGGER WARNING: This fanfic deals with serious themes of homophobia and other dark realities that many LGBT people face in the real world; so expect some dialogue and scenes to get pretty edgy in certain chapters. Romance will come later and develop in future chapters.

Status: COMPLETE (Link unavailable. Author deleted the comment)

Csquared08
Group Admin

Author: Revenant Wings
Title: Oh, To Be a Blank Flank Again
Genre Tags: Sad, Slice of Life
Other information: Rated Everyone. One-shot. Contains aged-up versions of younger characters. Contains two endings: the final ending and the original ending; part of review should evaluate which ending is more effective.

Reviewer: Scribblestick

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Aurora Aura
Title: That Blue Box
Genre Tags: Adventure, Comedy and Crossover
Other information you wish to share: It's a Doctor Whooves fic, so when you are picking who'll review this (or however you decide this) just keep that in mind.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Nexosaur
Title: The Exiled One
Other Things To Know: This story has a lot of OCs. There is one canon character.

Reviewer: Starman Ghost

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: PuddingNPie
Title: Friendship is Apocalyptic
Genre Tags: Dark, Comedy
Other information you wish to share: Be harsh, I beseech you. Tear my tongue-in-cheek story apart at its seams, so I may better myself as a writer! Yes, I AM asking for it.
Thank you.

Reviewer: Ibuprofen

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Mr Pones
Title: Wander
Genre Tags: Dark, Adventure, Alternate Universe
Other information you wish to share: Some people have said it's rather well done, while the others who've downvoted my fic never spoke up about why they did so. I can assume it's a personal distaste for either me or the subject matter that caused them to dislike my writing, and I have a few other ideas thanks to others that I have asked in the past, but a good, honest review of my story is what i'm looking for.
Recently rejected from EQD without a strike, they didn't really look at it and instead just told me that there were numerous dialogue errors which a number of people have told me that is not the case

Status: COMPLETE (Link unavailable. Story deleted by author)

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: AztecWarden
Title: I Couldn't Save You
Genre Tags: Sad, Tragedy
Other information you wish to share: Rainbow Dash serves as main character. The first two chapters are written in 1st person from her point of view, certain scenes will be on third person though.

Reviewer: MidnightRambler
Status: COMPLETE (link: Since the story did not yet exist, and Rambler's PMs weren't working properly, the review was posted on the author's page. Unfortunately, FimFiction does not yet properly link to comments on a user's page, so the link won't actually work properly until such functionality exists.)

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: memorex11235
Title: Fallout Equestria: Las Pegasus
Genre Tags: Dark, Crossover, Adventure
Specific Request (if any): Professor Plum - Really like his review style.
How well was the third person used, and was it an effective way to write the story?
Was the post-apocalyptic setting well portrayed?
Can Hermes(courier) be seen as a foil character for Steele?
Are the action scenes well portrayed?

Reviewer: Professor Plum

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: ChromeMyriad
Title: Tides of Shade
Genre Tags: Slice of Life (Considering others)
Other information you wish to share: I have a problem with my writing style, but I can't put my finger on what it is. I'd like a fresh pair of eyes on the story to help me understand what's wrong.

Reviewer: Miss Dark Angel

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: MysteryMelt
Title: Time is Forever
Other information you wish to share: It's quite a big fic.

Reviewer: cheezesauce

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Melon Hunter
Title: Vee for Vendetta
Genre Tags: Comedy
Specific Request (if any): No-one in particular (as I don't know anyone other than B_P in this group), but I wouldn't mind this being turfed over to someone halfway familiar with political comedy/satire. As I said to B_P, this story is along the lines of V for Vendetta meets Parks and Recreation, with a sprinkling of The Thick Of It.
Other information you wish to share: This story is intended to be a multi-chapter story (I estimate 10 chapters and 40-50k word count), so it'd be good to have a reviewer who'd be willing to stick around for that. It'd also be nice to get an opinion on the two OC main characters (names, mannerisms, etc.) I'm fairly sure they won't stick out in the wrong way, but it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion.
Finally, the supplied material is Chapter 1 and the overarching story plan. The plan is included as more of a courtesy; I've just had issues in the past where a reviewer has started out liking the story, then grown cold as to where I took it. I just want to make sure that this time I lay all the cards on the table before we begin.

Reviewer: Pascoite
Status: COMPLETE (Link available. Review done through GDocs)

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Grazehunter
Title: Change-Ling Your Attitude
Genre Tags: Comedy, Random, Slice-of-Life (may be redacted)
Specific Request (if any): If this review could kind of be private, I would appreciate it, but I will not mind if you or your reviewer choose to make it public.
Other information you wish to share: This story is not yet finished. It also takes place in a universe where the ponies and changelings have made peace after the Canterlot Invasion. Technically, its preceding story is Tales of a Changeling Commander followed by Changing Lives of the Changeling Hive. What I'm looking for is mostly pacing and characterization of Reflect (main character) being as this is my first story primarily focusing on him as a character. I already have plans for where I want to carry this story in the future, but I would like to see how I'm doing so far and what can be improved.

Reviewer: None, yet.

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: JWR832
Title: A Ghost and a Roach
Genre Tags: Comedy, Crossover, Adventure, Human
Other information: I have no idea how this story got so popular. I know I'm doing at least one thing wrong, and I need someone to point them out. I'm not getting much to improve from the comments I'm getting at the moment.

Status: COMPLETE (link, though you have to follow the comment chain to get there)

Csquared08
Group Admin

Name: Golden Vision
Title: Dead Souls Never Die
Genre Tags: Adventure, Crossover, Semi-Dark
Other information you wish to share: It's a TF2 crossover, but in spirit only—it takes more of a Watchmen approach, in that you only get to know the characters through the reveal of backstory, rather than from scratch. In fact, if someone who hasn't played TF2 can't understand what's going on, then I've done something wrong. This is a flavor/AU crossover, and not a "lol, people go to different dimension" one.

Reviewer: None, yet.

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Name: flutterdash1
Title: Crossroads
Genre Tags: Romance, Sad, Slice of Life, (Mature)
Other information: Contains Foalcon

Reviewer: Golden Vision

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Title: The Season's Upon Us
Genre Tags: Romance, Comedy, Slice-of-Life
Other information: Contains AppleDash shipping

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Title: Spike the Selfless
Genre Tags: Tragedy
Other information: N/A

Reviewer: Pascoite

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Title: The Elements of Love
Genre Tags: Romance, Tragedy, Adventure, (Mature)
Other information: Contains sex scenes, rape, and is not complete

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Name: Demon Eyes Laharl
Title: Feathered Heart
Genre Tags: Romance, Adventure, Human

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Name: Golden Vision
Title: Glitched
Genre Tags: Dark, SciFi, Adventure
Other information: Two strikes on EqD (first for content, and then for mechanics), so the more problems you can find, the better. Thanks!

Reviewer: FloydienSlip

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Name: Panoramic Toast
Title: Harmony Arisen
Other information: I would definitely appreciate any input on how I could improve my story in terms of grammar, plot, characterization, and anything else that I am lacking. I would also like to know if there is anything I could do to improve my story descriptions.

Reviewer: ambion

Burraku_Pansa
Group Admin

Name: ThatOneWriter
Title: Under the Same Stars
Genre Tags: Sad, Slice of Life
Other information: This was my first fan fiction. I may write a sequel or other stories in the same continuum, so I need to know how viable it is as a platform to build off of.

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Rocketknightgeek
Title: The Temporary Ones
Genre Tags: Dark, Comedy, Alternate Universe

Reviewer: IncoherentOrange

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Sonati
Title: Shadows of the Past. Light of the Future.
Genre Tags: Adventure, Alternate Universe, Human
Other information: Feel free to be a little harsh I want to improve but not to harsh I don´t want to be discouraged
My first try making a fic or any kind of literature, any grammar mistake is fault of Word or mine English is not my main language.

Reviewer: Review Denied

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: J J N Whitley
Title: Light-Bringer
Other information you wish to share: While I am mostly looking for proof reading, punctuation especially is my weakness, any constructive criticism would be appreciated. One major aspect of this story is that I wanted to take different interpretations of the characters since most personalities are fanon, except the Mane Six who are pretty set in stone. But if a character seems a bit too out of what is expected let me know and maybe I can work on that. Thank you.

Reviewer: Cheezesauce

WRITE Admins
Group Admin

Name: Explodium
Title: It Must be Tuesday
Genre Tags: Adventure, Dark, Crossover, AU, Human
Other information you wish to share: It's a bit of a long one, and my update schedule is really slow. It's a Fallout crossover, so it would probably help to be familiar with the material, though not required. Additionally, I'm thinking of doing some revisions somewhere around the middle of the story thus far.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 291