• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 9,706 Views, 288 Comments

You Are The Father! - Shining Star



Long after the wedding and the fiasco with the Changelings, Shining Armour and Cadence are finally settled in at home. But one bundle of 'joy' may just end it all.

  • ...
26
 288
 9,706

Chapter Two: S.O.S

The train to the Crystal Empire chugged along. Shining Armour was sitting in the Royal carriage at the back sitting next to the window watching Ponyville fade. He sighed resting his head on his hooves. Shining didn't know why he couldn't face Cadence with the truth; he knew it wasn't his fault. Yet, to see the shock and sadness that would appear on Cadence’s face would be too much for him to bear.

Nor did he mean to leave the foal with Twilight but he needed time to find the best way to explain it all to Cadence without her freaking out.

He knew Twilight could handle it. Her powers were at least ten times the power of his.

But in the back of his mind he couldn't help but care for the small filly. He was his daughter and he wanted her to be safe. She wasn't natural, but that didn't make her less real. Part changeling and part pony. Would she feed off the love of others? Would she become an evil alicorn like her mother? These questions rushed through his mind as the sun started to set and the cool night washed over the sky. Shining Armour stared at the stars rising into the sky.

What was he going to do?




The train pulled into the Crystal Empire ad Shining saw his gleaming city. In the train station he was meet with the sight of his wife making his stomach churn and twist with guilt. He put a false smile onto his face, trying hard to hide how weary he was.

Shining Armour stepped out of the train and onto the station.

Cadence galloped over to him smiling. “Oh Shining I’m so happy you’re back! How did it all go? Are you alright?” she asked hugging him tightly.

Shining continued to smile his tight smile. “Fine. Turns out it was just a hoax. Some kid dressed in a costume, nothing to worry about.” He slowly started to walk them towards the chariot waiting at the steps to take them to the palace. “But onto important issues honey. Are you feeling better? Is your sickness gone, what did the doctor say?”

Cadence giggled. “Shining I’m fine. Just a little… bug. But I’m fine now, truly.”

Shining helped her into the chariot being pulled by a pair of crystal stallions. “Are you sure? Because I could send a letter to Princess Celestia to send a-“

Cadence cut Shining Armour off placing a hoof on his mouth. “No I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. Please.”

Shining smiled at her. The chariot started forward going towards the Crystal palace. Cadence peaked at Shining out of the corner of her eye, noting his nervousness, his eyes kept darting towards her then back to the train station.

“Shining are you sure you’re alright? I know when something’s wrong so please, don’t keep things from me.” She said cuddling into his side letting his warm body comfort her.

“No. Nothing’s wrong. Nothing at all…”



Twilight looked at the young filly sitting in a highchair she had transfigure from an old pot plant, eating mashed apples. Spike was feeding the foal slowly while Twilight worked on the spell she would need to disguise the foal for Shining.

Spike sighed, exasperated at trying to feed the foal. "Come... on. its apples, it's good for you!" He tried to push another spoonful of the mix for the foal to eat only to have it splashed in his face. The changeling foal levitated the spoon into the air and bonked him on the head.

She giggled from her place on the chair hitting Spike again.

"Ouch! Cut- that- out!" Spike said between the spoon hitting him. "Twiiiliiight! Help!"

Twilight looked up from the spell book. "Oh good you're keeping her entertained. Just hang in there for a few more seconds Spike; I nearly have the spell ready to go."


The foal giggled again amused by Spike's wailing. She soon grew bored of this and looked around the room. The purple pony was too absorbed in her book to take notice of the filly and Spike was nursing his bruised head with an icepack. The little filly tried to move from her entrapment in the high chair but failed after face planting. She grew frustrated wanting to leave this place and go back to home, to her mummy who had rocked her to sleep every night. But mummy wasn’t coming; mummy said she was going to live with daddy now. But this wasn’t daddy.

The foal felt her magic surge as she was encased within her own magic and was levitated into the air. She giggled flying around the room heading to the upper level. She zoomed into the room landing on a blue star covered quilt, making a loud *poof* as she fell to the bed. A sequel of joy erupted from the foal’s lips as she landed loving the exhilaration. She lifted herself into the air again and started to fly again using her crumpled wings to push herself forward quickly ending a unicorn statue flying to the wooden floor.

CRASH!

“Spike? What was that? Spike?!” yelled Twilight after being startled by the loud noise. She looked around the room trying to detect where the noise had gone. She soon noticed that the filly was gone.

“I don’t know. Why is something-“Spike tried to ask as he entered the room holding and ice pack to his head?

Twilight cut him off looking around frantically. “Spike where is Allia?!”

Spike was about to retort when a loud giggling sound came from above them. In the air floating above them, was the filly. “Well I guess you found your answer.”

The foal giggled as she floated above them. Twilight stood gaping at the filly levitating high into the air who was staring at her with the blue eyes she inherited from her dad.

Twilight snapped back into reality. “Okay um... Come on… sweetie. Time to get down for your nap. Then you can keep playing and maybe we can go outside later if you behave. Please?”

The foal stared at her quizzically. She opened her mouth and mumbled incoherently, “You’re not mama.” She took off again having fun and swinging of bookshelves sending its occupants flying. Twilight started to frantically pick up the old books sent flying before they could be damaged further, but she was wrong.

Spike jumped up towards the foal trying to cling to her but her magic aura picked him up and threw him to the ground next to all Twilight Sparkle’s books. A long burst of flames erupted from Spike’s as mouth towards the books burning them all into a pile of ash.

“SPIIIKE!” Twilight whined at his destruction of her books climbing up an empty shelving unit. The purple unicorn turned to the foal sitting above her and quickly thought of a spell. An aura of magic encased the young filly in a bubble with Twilight floating it to the ground. The foal tried to use her magic again to escape but failed in Twilight’s magic safe bubble.

Twilight Sparkle sighed in relief. “There. That wasn’t so hard now was it Allia, now you can have a nap while I finish your spell.”

The young foal struggled with her magic to escape Twilight’s bubble. The changeling wings on her back started to flutter quickly propelling her into the side of the bubble. Twilight started to struggle against the strain of keeping the filly under control with her magic, sweating she could feel her magic start to fail her as she balanced on the bookshelves.

“Spiiiike! Help me get her under control!” Twilight called. The purple dragon came running through with a rope tied into a lasso.

“Here! I’ll hold her down!” He yelled swinging the rope up into the air. The rope went through the bubble and caught the filly around the leg. The filly looked at the rope inquisitively before struggling away from it. Suddenly her leg was engulfed in green flames as the rope was burnt away by her magic leaving Spike with the slack rope to fall into a bookshelf, destroying the library even more.

"Spiiiike! I can't hold her here much longer! Send for help!" Twilight screamed. The magic bubble burst under the filly's weight sending her high into the air.

Spike grabbed a quill and a piece of parchment from Twilight's writing desk and scribbled down a letter. He quickly blew flames onto the parchment sending into the air and out a window. He turned back to the struggling Twilight to see Owlicious had joined in trying to catch the foal while flying through the air using his feet to snatch at the filly, but sadly to no avail. The purple dragon quickly joined into the fight as the letter was sent just down the road to the one person he could think of.

Rarity.

Author's Note:

Before ANYONE complains about Twilight being just a unicorn, let me explain. Until season 4 is released, in my heart and head "Magical Mystery Cure" never happened. I need another episode with her having wings to believe it all happened. Complain about anything else except that or else. >:/