• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 9,699 Views, 288 Comments

You Are The Father! - Shining Star



Long after the wedding and the fiasco with the Changelings, Shining Armour and Cadence are finally settled in at home. But one bundle of 'joy' may just end it all.

  • ...
26
 288
 9,699

Chapter Three: Spells

It was a sunny day in Ponyville. Everyday ponies trotted about doing their work or casually walking. Birds chirped and fillies and colts ran about playing in Celestia’s warm sun.

A certain grey mare with a bubbly cutie mark was flying from house to house delivering the local mail. She was opening a cloud letter box with the name of ‘Rainbow Dash’ printed on the side in colourful rainbow colours. But unknown to the mare a little cloud of green ash was whizzing through the air to a Boutique not far from the mansion of clouds.

Popping the mail into the box, she turned to flutter towards the Heartstrings household, the next on her list, but this plan was quickly put out of action as the small cloud shot past her spinning her around in circles. The clumsy Derpy fell through the sky plummeting towards the ground before she could control her decent.

Lyra Heartstrings was playing her instruments while Bon Bon was out when a great crash came from above. She jumped in the air frightened from the sudden noise, dropping her Lyre. She grabbed a broom from the cleaning room under the stairs. She climbed the stairs slowly on her hind hooves (she had what Bon Bon called, a nasty habit of doing that) to see what the loud noise had come from. She entered the attic to find her roof collapsed in and dust floating in the air. Movement came from the pile of rubble and she prepared to pounce. A blonde mane poked out from the dirt and a pair of crossed eyes emerged followed by the rest of her face. In the mare’s mouth, she carried a letter.

“Here’s your letter.” She said, holding it out to Lyra.

Lyra stood there, shocked, but slowly managed to stutter a sentence. “How… what happened?”

Derpy looked down - ashamed. “I just don’t know what went wrong…”

Above her head, the green mist continued quickly on it's path finally arriving at the destination it was sent to. It shot through an open window on the second story and condensed into a letter above the Element of Generosity, Rarity. She was sleeping soundly with her purple mane in curlers and a frou frou eye-piece. The letter fell onto her face waking her up suddenly from her ‘beauty’ sleep.

She snorted in her sleep after being woken suddenly. “Huh… who’s there? Who touched me?”

Rarity removed her eye piece to find a letter on top of her blankets. "Ooooh! I wonder if it’s from the Princess!” She said squealing like a filly on Hearth’s Warming morning.

She unrolled the letter with her magic and started to read quickly.

Help. Twilight and I need your help. Please HELP.
Spike.

“Oh my stars! I just have to help Twilight and Spikey Wikey! Sweetie Belle!” Rarity called, walking out of her room. “Oh, erm, Sweetie Belle!”

Sweetie Belle ran up the stairs from where she had been camping with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “Yes, Rarity?”

Rarity started to walk gracefully down the stairs keeping to the right, mustn't forget manners even in a time of generosity, and continued to talk to her sister. “Sweetie Belle, I'll be heading down to Twilight’s library. I’ll be home soon so don’t touch
anything. Anything at all. Alright?”

Sweetie Belle nodded signalling she understood. “But what are me, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom meant to do for breakfast?”

“It’s Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and I, darling, please use your words properly, but I believe there are some oats in the kitchen - I beg of you, no cooking. We don’t want the same disaster that happened last sleepover to happen again, now do we?”

“We were meant to be the Cutie Mark Crusaders Master Chefs.” Sweetie Belle whined.

“Just please, do what I ask. I'll be back soon, I promise.” Rarity sighed to her sister. She left the room, quickly trotting down the street to her good friend’s home.

She lifted her delicately polished hoof to knock the door when, all of a sudden, she heard crashes and shouts coming from inside.

“SPIKE! GET HER UNDER CONTROL!" She recognized the yelling voice to be Twilight Sparkle's. Whatever they had needed her help with, it sounded important. Rarity decided to walk in without knocking - casting away her manners for but a moment, and what she found nearly caused her to faint.

Twilight was teetering on the edge of bookshelf high in the air while Spike was running around with ropes. Twilight was panting and sweating from exhaustion and casting what seemed a very hard spell. He eyes followed the magic to a small bubble encasing something she couldn’t quite see.

But the harder she strained to see the more the object came into form. Her eyes widened in shock. It was a foal!

“Twilight! What in Celestia’s name are you doing?” Rarity cried shocked at the display. Twilight’s head snapped to her.

“Oh, Rarity, thank goodness Spike messaged another unicorn! Please, I need your help!” She yelled from her spot in the air.

“Quickly - encase my bubble with your own magical entrapment spell.”

“But-“

“NOW!”

Rarity strained to remember the spell she had learned in magic school but quickly remembered. Her blue magic aura surrounded the pink one Twilight had made. Twilight sighed in release as she released the magic spell and fell to the floor. Instantly the small foal tried to escape again and crashed into Rarity’s spell and started to strain against it.

In the blink of an eye the purple mare was running towards numerous books spread around the floor. Using her magic she flipped through all the books to find a spell she had seen earlier. “Oh, I saw it here earlier!”

Rarity was already feeling the strain of trying to keep, whatever this was, under control. “Twilight, would you be a dear and hurry up?!”

Twilight flung books left, right and center looking for the spell she had found. She saw the spell she would need and cast the on the filly, but she would need Rarity’s help. “Rarity, could you lower her to the ground?!”

“She-?”

“Now!”

The unicorn lowered the filly lower to the ground and managed to keep hold of the thing as it tried to escape. Twilight galloped next to her watching the magical bubble. Her face scrunched up with concentration as she focused her magic around the filly. A small cage suddenly appeared around the magic bubble, but no ordinary cage, a foal crib cage especially made to prevent magic and unescapable for pegasi foals. It filled with toys with a flash of magic from Twilight Sparkle’s horn.

“There! Now I can get my work done for Shining!” Twilight nearly screamed to the ceiling, sighing dramatically. “I swear, you’re worse than that Ursa Minor.”

Rarity slowly crept up to the crib to peep inside, inside surrounded by cuddly toys sat a pure white foal. Rarity squealed in shock and backed away as quick as she could. “It’s… it’s… a white changeling!” She screamed towards Twilight who, quite literally, had her nose in a book after Rarity had crashed into her and sent her into Twilight’s pile of books.

Twilight moaned rubbing her sore nose. “Yeah, I know. Isn’t she cute?” Twilight said sweetly. “But she’s got a lot of magic in her which was actually kinda difficult to handle.” The purple mare trotted over to the cage crib and looked into where the filly was chewing on a toy’s head.

Rarity stood there mouth agape shocked at the revelation. “But where… where did it come from?!”

“It’s not ‘it’ it is ‘she’. But she’s um… well, my brother might've... how do you put it... uh... well..." Twilight hesitated and let out a sigh. "My brother 'hooked up' with Queen Chrysalis when she was Cadance and he thought it was her so now this little one here - " she pointed a hoof to the changeling filly in the crib. "Is their child." Rarity still looked at Twilight as if she had just raised the sun and moon into the sky.

“So you are saying that thing-… foal in the basket is Shining Armour's filly with who now?!" the white unicorn shrieked, quickly recomposing herself. "Darling, you know I love a joke as much as Pinkie Pie but come now, how could that ever happen?"

Twilight looked blankly at Rarity. “I'm not kidding." the Element of Magic said simply. "It's all true. But right now, all I'm trying to do is make this filly look like a regular old unicorn."

Rarity’s face drained of colour. “You Pinkie Swear?”

“Cross my heart, hope to fly,stick a cupcake in my eye.” Twilight said while doing the movements. “Now do you believe me?” Rarity nodded. “Good, now you can’t tell anypony she’s here or else - we would have reporters everywhere trying to get a picture of her.”

Rarity again nodded still looking pale.

“Now you have to Pinkie Swear you won’t tell anyone?”

“Remember, Rarity, you have to keep this promise FOREVER!!!” A new voiced screamed from above. Rarity screamed and ran into the kitchen where pots and pans were clanging together. Twilight lifted her head to look up and black form with a curly pink mane and tail were poking out.

“Pinkie Pie, were you listening the whole-!?“ Twilight was shut up as a hoof was jammed into her mouth.

“Ssshhh... I’m undercover.” Pinkie Pie said quietly. Twilight scanned Pinkie from head to toe noting all her black clothing and the night vision goggles. How the pink mare was floating in thin air was undetirmined though.

“Pinkie, please don’t tell me you’re still being a spy?” Twilight whined sitting down. She rubbed a hoof on her throbbing temple.

“How did you know? Oooh! Was it my night vision goggles?” Pinkie said, giggling.

“Just a lucky guess, I think.” Twilight said sighing.From within the crib Allia started to cry and Twilight’s mind started to tick slowly. Her eye started to quiver as her head pounded.

“Aghhh!” Twilight finally screamed after what felt like hours of unstoppable noises. Her magic levitated the crib into the air and she quickly teleported down stairs into her magic to finish the spell Shining Armor would need. Allia, as she had named her, had fallen asleep and was snoring softly. Twilight looked at the filly slightly as she tried to focus on her work. The spell she was making was extremely complex more of a potion than a spell. Time started to fly by as she worked on the disguise. Twilight loved the feeling of making new magic, even if it was a minor one. The empowerment she felt lifted her spirits as she felt the harmonic magic flow through her body.

After what felt like many hours, she had completed it. “There. Now we can get you to your dad.” Twilight said, walking over to her niece.. “Alright, now here it goes, little one. I promise it won’t hurt.”

The spell she had been building escaped her horn, making her feel exhausted in losing all the power she had. A swirling pink mist sorrounded the now awake foal. The light sizzled and flashed around the filly. Twilight collapsed not realizing how much power she had put into that one spell. She layed her head on her hooves as the room filled with a light so bright she had to shield her eyes from the magical glow of her spell.

The light dimmed and she opened her eyes. Sitting in front of her was the most perfectly disguised changeling filly she had ever seen. The holes on her body were gone, her horn was completely normal, and the fly-like wings had dissappeared.

“Spike!” the purple unicorn called, smiling like a goofball. She heard the baby dragon running down the stairs.

“Yes?” he questioned, however his own question was answered once his gaze fell upon the disguised Allia. “Wow… she looks…”

Twilight couldn’t stop grinning. “I know." she said simply, only before clearing her throat. "Take a letter to Shining, Spike.”