• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 9,705 Views, 288 Comments

You Are The Father! - Shining Star



Long after the wedding and the fiasco with the Changelings, Shining Armour and Cadence are finally settled in at home. But one bundle of 'joy' may just end it all.

  • ...
26
 288
 9,705

Chapter Seven: News from Canterlot!

"Mum? Dad?! What in the name of Celestia are you doing here?!" Shining Armour asked his parents with his mouth hanging open.

His mother and father walked around the room while his father sent him an annoyed look. "That's no way to talk to your parents now is it Shining?"

Shining Armour sighed. "No, but why did you two decide today of ALL days was a good day to pop in on me and Cadance?"

His mother sat down on one of the plush chairs near the fireplace. "Oh we just had this feeling we needed to be here, that's all. And can't we visit or son and his alicorn wife when we want to?"

"But... alright, it's fine, but what are you two planning to do here?" Shining Armour asked them getting off the floor.

"We were hoping you and Cadence could give us a tour of the Crystal Empire while we're here. Your mother and I only plan to stay a few days because I need to get back to work and she wants to start a new book for her publisher." Night Light said with a smile.

"Shining? Who are you talking to?" Cadance called from the kitchen.

"Uh... mum and dad decided to have a surprise vacation in the Crystal Empire for the next few days, sweetheart." He said nervously to his wife.

I bright blue glow emitted from the kitchen before Cadance walked into the lounge room looking clean and with a carrot free mane. She had a bright cheery smile plastered on her face as she walked through carrying Allia in her magic. "Hello Night Light and Velvet how are you?"

"Good as every dearie! Now who is this little cutie? Shining, we know you've kept things from us in the past but not saying you and Cadance have had a foal, that an all-time low!" Velvet gasped looking at the foal giggling in Cadence's aura.

Cadence looked shocked at Velvet's accusation "Oh- oh no she's not ours, we're just babysitting her for a little while until her parents are better. I would have thought you would recognize one of Shiny's cousins?"

Velvet looked as confused as Cadence. "I've never seen this little foal before. I didn't know Pink Petal and Heavy Metal had finally had a foal?"

Shining Armour plastered a fake smile on his face as beads of sweat rolled down his face. "Um... well... she's the daughter of one of our distant cousins, no one close like Pink Petal and Heavy Metal. I think its Aunt Yellow Petal and Uncle Soft Pillow! They weren't feeling well so Twily took on the task until Princess Celestia sent one too many reports for her to do and she gave us... the task?" Shining tried to see if his parents bought the lie.

Both his parents nodded their heads in understanding. "Well I hope they feel better soon! Wonder where their hospital is, we could go visit after our visit here!" Night Light said to his wife.

"NO! I mean.... no you can't see them; their disease is very, very contagious. No visitors allowed. At all. No question about it." His mother's eyes squinted at Shining, scrutinizing his words. Night Light cut her off

“Aw, that’s a shame; it would have been nice to see them. So what’s this little cutie’s name?” Night Light asked cooeeing over the small foal which was now on the ground sucking on her hoof.

“Her name is Allia. She’s a real cutie isn’t she?” Cadence said nuzzling Allia, who in turn booped Cadence’s nose. Sighs of the overwhelming cuteness came from his parents as they watched their daughter-in-law with this little foal.

Shining wiped the sweat trickling off his brow with his hoof and awkwardly smiled picking Allia up in his magical grip.

“I think it might be nap time for one little filly. I’ll just go put her to sleep!” Shining dashed into the spare room with Allia’s crib and placed her behind the bars. “Okay, um… stay? Oh it sounds like I’m speaking to a pet! I’m sorry baby girl for all this kafuffle* and everything, I’m just so nervous about being a dad! It’s not like you came with a manual or anything! Oh I sound like one of those obnoxious teen dads off of 16 and with Foal!”

Allia stared at her dad blabbing on about his troubles to her. Allia looked around her room again thinking of a new fun thing to do. A short sharp scream emitted from the living room and Shining ran outside to see his mother and Cadence crying while his father was smiling like never before.

“What- happened?!” Shining panted.

“Oh it’s just wonderful! A new addition to the family, I wonder what the civilians of Equestria will say?!” Cadence squealed.

“What… what do you mean?”

A letter was shoved into is arms by his loving wife and he carefully read the parchment’s words.


Dear family of Twilight Sparkle,
You are cordially invited to the coronation of the newest princess of Equestria, Princess Twilight Sparkle. The coronation service will take place tomorrow afternoon at the time of three o’clock with a ceremonial banquet to celebrate Twilight Sparkle’s new alicorn hood.
Sincerely, the Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Luna.


Shining stood with his mouth open in shock.

He felt the urge to run and scream with joy and surprise. Twily was a PRINCESS?! The feeling of pride had never been higher than at this moment for his sister.

“I… I can’t believe it… our little Twilight’s a princess!” Night Light cried into his wife with joy. Sobs and tears of joy was all Velvet managed to get out showing her joy for her daughter’s new status.

“I… I never realised that Celestia would have… have plans like this for Twilight… did you ever know she would become an alicorn like you Cadence?” Shining asked his wife.

“No, never, ever! I would have thought Celestia would have said something but I guess she wanted to keep it a secret or it could have been like my turn, her destiny, uncontrolled by either sister.”

“Well we better get packing for this coronation tomorrow!” Shining said with a grin.

Author's Note:

Hey all! Sorry I have been uber busy with family, school plays, horse riding, school and all this other junk and crazy stuff, but finally, it's here! A NEW CHAPTER!!! Hope you liked it, and also please guys for my next chapter, if anyone wants an OC put into the story for the next chapter(WHICH IS GOING TO BE HUGE!!!) Please PM and when I start writing I can add your character into the chaos! So continue reading my bronies and pega sisters. Live long and pony on!

*This is a word I use all the time, sorry if you don't know what it means but it's my family's way of saying chaos and drama.

Comments ( 33 )

The crap will hit the spinning metal blades of doom

3128305 Oh trust me. He's not going to be in the category of "Shit Hitting The Fan." Shining's going to be wishing he was stuck in "Banished To The Moon!" category once Cadence is finished with him!

Wait, wait... if they are going, Shining used Twilight's name as a distraction and now...
Oh boy, this will be one, more, AWKWARD situation than your parents. :pinkiesmile:

I can;t wait to see Chrysalis pop up into the meeting and basically cause Shining to make the biggest scene of his life. :pinkiecrazy:

3128377

i hope to everything pony and changeling that chrysalis makes an appearance. it would make this so much more hilarious.

I can't wait for the hilarity to ensue!

3128374 I don't know if Cadence will go that far. I think she'd be very understanding of the situation. Shining Armor is just too afraid of how he thinks she'll react to tell the truth. :eeyup:

His parnets on the other hoof might be cross with him for lying to them. :twilightoops:

I thought "pegasister" was one word.:rainbowderp:

And, yes, I can't wait for future chapters.

I’m sorry baby girl for all this kafuffle* and everything,

You've got an asterisk in there but you haven't included a footnote. :derpyderp1::applejackunsure::twilightoops:

It's good to see an update, though. All of this and Cadence has a foal of her own too? lol I can't even imagine :pinkiecrazy::unsuresweetie:

If they bring in the kid to Cancerlot and in front of the Princesses then Shining is surely in trouble. :twilightoops:

Nice update to this funny tale. Keep up the good work.

3130194
I entered a spelling contest and spelled that word wrong.
:raritycry:

Poor shinning just doesn't get a break does he?

I bright blue glow emitted from

I should be A

Gaahh just findouttt Cadence! Lol

Fillies and Gentlecolts, what we are seeing here today is a shitstorm of untold proportions. Any possibility of Shining getting a chance for a easy way to deal with his situation is now gone. Nail any loose items in your house, secure your windows, and brace yourselves, for a monsoon of chaos, a sharknado of surprise, and a hell filled punishment for Shining.

Origin of KERFUFFLE
alteration of carfuffle, from Scots car- (probably from Scottish Gaelic cearr wrong, awkward) + fuffle to become disheveled
First Known Use: 1946
Definition of KERFUFFLE
chiefly British
: disturbance, fuss

You aren't the only one to use it :p
(both definitions shamelessly ripped from the merriam webster online dictionary)

3138741 Thank you for that, I didn't even know it was a "proper" word! :raritywink: Thank you darling!

Awesome job Aussie!! Please update, can't wait for more!!

When is the next chapter going to be posted.

The Predaking demands more

Whoa.:rainbowderp: AWESOME!! Please continue! This is soooo cute!:pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::raritystarry::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::yay::moustache:

Comment posted by Metroid Prime deleted Apr 25th, 2014

I quite enjoyed this splendid little story, a few errors here and there, but that's expected, nopony is perfect. Overall, I give it a 9/10. When it is complete, I will read and maybe (hopefully) it will recieve a 10/10. :rainbowkiss:

The Oncoming Storm is approaching.

Comment posted by Unbreakable deleted Dec 27th, 2014

visit or son

our

Are you planning to finish this story? It so cool and would be awesome to have a close on it.

Uhm sir could I please have some more?
What was that, a peasant asking for more!
B-But sir I would very much enjoy more.
Well you shall have none from me!
I said I would very much ENJOY MORE!:flutterrage:
:raritydespair:Fine you may have more in the future.Filthy peasant.

Interesting if Queen Chrysalis was not appeared to visiting her daughter to checking if she doing well at her dad Shining Armor.

I understand that this is another story that will not see its end?

This hurts to see.
The story last updated in 2013.
And the author offline since 2015.

Login or register to comment