• Published 15th Apr 2013
  • 1,199 Views, 36 Comments

A Little Bizarre Adventure: Friendship is Forever - The Sorrow Of Joy



Six heroes band together to defeat an insane stand user.

  • ...
0
 36
 1,199

Chapter 3

Ponyville had become silent in just under an hour after the initial moments of destruction wrought by the titanic stand known as Romborama. It was almost startling how quickly the entire town was able to evacuate, and to the naked eye it seemed as if the entire town was vacant entirely. But to Sonny, it was all too obvious that there were still stragglers hiding in their residences. A family of three was cowering in the basement of the house down the street, an elderly pony was still asleep soundly in his bed in the house directly to his right, three fillies were hiding in the attic of a boutique three blocks away. He stopped in the middle of the street as he felt the waves of the air ripple through his stand, materializing directly above him. The stand’s steely dish eyes received hundreds of minute ripples of air, until it was able to pinpoint the exact sequence that its master was seeking. The information was relayed instantly, Sonny’s mouth cracking into a smug smirk in pride.

“It’s one of those three fillies in that house,” Sonny said to himself. “Nothing escapes you, does it Nice Sprite? Now to flex some muscle, Scary Monster.”

The stand suddenly flipped to reveal another torso beneath it, a dull rusted exterior that contrasted heavily to its gleaming counterpart. A sinister smile was plastered on its eyeless face.

“Let’s bring the house down.”


The five mares stood hapless amidst the chaos that was finally beginning to settle around them. Pinkie bounded gracefully and gleefully among the destruction as Romborama staggered to its feet. Thick steam clouds billowed forth from the gigantic black stand as its chest opened to reveal the void within and a bloody Cornelius.

“Ugh, what’s going on?” he spat, blood trickling from his mouth. “You’re STILL alive? I thought for sure that I had you that time!”

“You mean where I tackled you into the house? Yeah! I thought you had me too!” Pinkie mocked as she pranced. Another Pinkie shot forth from out of her Cutie Mark and danced along with the original. “But you only got a Pinkie from Another World!”

Cornelius and Romborama lurched forward with a burst of unnatural speed in an attempt to grab the pink pony, but missed and collided with the ground once more. The Pinkies danced on the fallen stand and continually multiplied until the steam from Romborama ceased to erupt. Cornelius’ head popped out from under the mound heavily wheezing.

“I guess I underestimated the power of your stand! But it doesn’t matter if you beat me here, or even kill me!” Cornelius chuckled. He wheezed again under the pressure of Pinkies. “I’ve already succeeded! My job was to distract you, and I did a damn good job of it!”

“Distraction?” The original Pinkie at the very top of the pile suddenly sobered. “What are you talking about?”

“He’s talking about me,” a chilly voice emanated from down the street. All heads turned to see a gray stallion standing in the middle of the road, a ghostly figure floating above him with a small body clutched in its hands. “Good job with not dying, Cornelius. I thought for sure that Pinkie Pie was going to kill you, but I guess I can live with a little bit of disappointment.”

“Shut up and get me out of under here!” Cornelius struggled under the mountain. “Stop screwing around, Sonny!”

Pinkie bounced off the pile and approached Sonny at the end of the street. Her eyes were trained on the body that his stand was holding in its hands, gasping when she realized who it was.

“Sweetie Belle?!”

Rarity charged towards Pinkie and Sonny the second the name of her sister was uttered, with all the other mares in hot pursuit. Her speed surprised all of present company, as in only a matter of seconds she was standing in front of Pinkie. Killer Queen had materialized in perfect clarity behind its master.

“What in the world do you think you’re doing with my sister?!” she demanded. Killer Queen’s hands clenched in accordance with Rarity’s fury. “I demand you release her or prepare to face my wrath!”

Sonny threw his head back and laughed in contempt for the unicorn before him. “And what are you going to do? Don’t make me laugh! You don’t even know your stand’s own powers, I bet.” He cackled as his own stand tossed the limp Sweetie Belle onto his back, freeing his stand. “Nothing is more pathetic than a Stand user who isn’t even aware of their own Stand’s abilities! Let me demonstrate what a master can do! Scary Monster!”

The gleaming stand flipped suddenly to reveal the rusted monstrosity beneath it. Its jaw groaned as it spread wide open, revealing a large counterpart of the eye dishes that Nice Sprite possessed. A low ringing noise flooded the area as Scary Monster clutched its head.

“With every movement we make, every breath, every bat of an eyelash, a small wave is produced that ripples throughout space,” Sonny spoke as he walked slowly forward towards Rarity. “Nice Sprite receives the waves, but Scary Monster amplifies the natural ripple of any and all objects. That’s what that noise you’re probably hearing right now is.”

“You condescend my stand when all you can do is make noise?” Rarity scoffed. “I at least know enough to do this!” Killer Queen launched itself forward and catapulted its fist straight into the Scary Monster’s dish. Moments before impact, it halted, frozen in midair as the sound intensified. Rarity tried to force a fading Killer Queen forward in vain as she felt her body gradually begin to feel under pressure. In a deathly shriek, she suddenly collapsed to the floor as her body erupted in pain and the air left her lungs. All of the mares around her experienced the same unnatural and intense sensation.

“Noise is a very powerful thing, my dear. At just the right wavelength, I can make these ripples interfere with brain and nerves, even your organs. Your lungs are probably about to collapse as we speak.” Sonny walked right past the writhing group as he laughed. He stopped by Pinkie Pie and kicked her savagely with his hind leg. “You caught me off guard, but now you see my true might! And since I’m such a nice guy, I’ll just let you all pass out so you can always remember how you bowed before me!” With a final triumphant kick into Pinkie’s ribcage, he walked off towards Cornelius.

One by one, the ponies lost consciousness, their final image Sonny and his gruesome stand.


The pink mountain crushing Cornelius dematerialized and allowed the black mare to stagger to his feet. When he realized how badly he was hurt and the limits to which he could move, he summoned Romborama and was scooped up into his void. He puffed from his electronic cigarette in the comfort of his void, glimpsing out into the setting sun. Sonny stopped by and looked up at the titan.

“Do me a favor and carry this filly in there?” the deep green stallion shook his well-kept mane with a flourish. Nice Sprite held out Sweetie Belle to Romborama.

“What makes her so special again?” Cornelius’ muffled voice emanated from his stand. It gobbled Sweetie Belle into the void of its chest. “I sense a stand, but it’s faint.”

“That’s not for us to know. All we have to do is bring it back to Lord Hardwell,” Sonny said as he begun to walk again. “Let’s move quickly. We have a long road ahead of us.”

The bizarre pair of stand and pony walked off into the setting sun, leaving a decimated Ponyville behind them.

Author's Note:

Two Stands this time! Sorry for the long wait!

Stand: Scary Monster/Nice Sprite
Stand User: Sonny
Destructive Power: A/E
Speed: C/C
Range: A/S
Durability: C/C
Precision: C/A
Development Potential: E/E
Abilities and Powers:
Wave Awareness- Nice Sprite is capable of tapping into the waves produced by all objects, no matter how minute, to pinpoint and determine their source. It can accurately determine their location and even their size and shape based on the waves.
Wave Amplification- Scary Monster taps into the waves produced by all objects, namely sound waves, and is capable of amplifying them and tuning them to various frequencies.

Stand: Another World
Stand User: Pinkie Pie
Destructive Power: A
Speed: None
Range: None
Durability: None
Precision: None
Development Potential: None
Abilities and Powers:
Sub-Space Multiplication- Literally "another world", a duplicate of Pinkie Pie lies within this sub-dimension. The duplicate exits the sub-dimension through a single portal with multiple exits in the base dimension, resulting in the creation of multiple Pinkie Pie duplicates.

Comments ( 19 )

When is the next chapter is gonna be released?

4297144 It may take a while, but I guarantee that I will be diligently working on it :)

4299941 You know what would be funny, unexpected and op(overpower), Fluttershy using King Crimson. I'am just saying.

The power of sound is scary. Read the beginning of this chapter for a wonderful description of the power and effects of a flash grenade;
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/8096183/53/

Or watch this video about the strength of a Fus Ro Dah and how a 1,100 decibel sound lasting 1/10th of a second would create a black hole that would absorb the entire universe;
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGDhGsYoSA

Very happy to see this story continue.

(Posting from my phone, hope the links work.)

(Also, Stardust Crusaders is being remade as an anime!)

4305518 o.o This puts Scary Monster into a whole new perspective! The manga is all about pushing conventional physics to new limits, so this will be great! And yes, sound is absolutely terrifying which is why I imagined Scary Monster as pure nightmare fuel: a rusted and mangled body, eyeless face with a grin that would make the Cheshire Cat shiver. Damn I wish I could draw cx

4314366 Yes sir it is. And quite a good song too. I was deliberating on weather to use that song or use the song Hocus Pocus by Focus.

Is the stand Nice Sprite and Scary Monster named after the song Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex? How does the stand Another World look like? Also, are you gonna add the bow and arrow in your story?

4335026 Yep, you nailed it :ajsmug: And Another World doesn't actually have a physical form, and is instead the entire pocket dimension, much like Burning Down The House. How the inside of the dimension looks will be revealed later. As for your last question, remember that the Arrows were originally created from a celestial object that struck the Earth in the distant past. I think you can deduce what that means :yay:

4340179 But Twilight and her friends weren't struck by the arrow, so how did they developed their stands?

4340668 In JJBA the arrows were made from a mysterious meteorite. The arrows' counterpart in the new continuity of SBR and JoJolion instead crashed somewhere in western America creating the nomadic desert known as the Devil's Palm (and perhaps are the cause of the Wall Eyes in Morioh too), giving Stands with no piercing required.

Likely when the comet from the first chapter broke up in Equestria's atmosphere, clouds of dust and fragments scattered across the land and sought out future Stand users on their own. Or maybe it released some form of Fate churning energy that activated their own hidden potential, like how the Joestars gained their Stands in response to Dio obtaining The World.

Alternatively they might have indeed been cut by the fragments of the meteorite but, as shown with the arrows, would have almost immediately healed from the wound. This is done so quickly that most may not have even noticed the wound itself and may have brushed it off as a beesting or a phantom pain.

Oh okay. That makes sense. Can't wait for the next chapter.:twilightsmile:

Isn't scary monsters the name of Dio's stand in steel ball run?

and Another World makes me think of Funny Valentine's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

5990303 Very late, but I'm taking an interest in beginning once again...
And yes, DIO posses a stand named Scary Monsters in Steel Ball Run, but turns people into dinosaurs. This Scary Monster is more of a play on the title of a certain dubstep song.

6493180 I know that's what it does XD also, I'm happy to ehar that!

I guess i'll just sit here and wait for chapter 4, begging and asking won't get me anywhere. By the way, I want to write my own JJBA crossover in this style, I have a character sketch on my deviantart, it's Ponyfan11 if you want to check it out. #ShamelessDeviantartPlug #PointlessHashtagsFTW

By the way, do fanfics in this site have to include canon characters? The first part of my crossover story takes place before the show and it doesn't have the canon characters

5990279 If you really think about it, Pinkie's power in Legends of Everfree is essentially Killer Queen.

6786665
I have seen plenty of fics with only oc's. Haven't read any of them so quality is not something i can give a summary of, but from what i hear/have read, the original fallout equestria is, for the vast majority of it, oc only.

8651405
Omfg you are right.... I have no clue how to respond besides with the following
The Council has awarded a singular ORA to your face

2466452
Stands that control time were a thing as soon as part three in the manga of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.... DIO's Stand The World allowed him to stop time and Jotaro Kujo's Stand, Star Platinum, thanks to what i like to think of as a loophole in Stand power assignment, was able to learn it because they were the exact same type of Stand.

Login or register to comment