• Published 24th May 2013
  • 984 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria Divided: Two Sides of the Same Coin. - CrimsonEquine



Love comes in all forms no matter what the circumstance.

  • ...
10
 8
 984

How They Met

Storm Eye trudged through the grassy trees that could reach the very top of the sky until he stopped and noticed Euphorie bodies dead across the ground. The Euphories were clean killed with some having their heads blown off, blood dripping from the decapitated and pierced bodies. Their crazed, smiling expression forever stretched on their faces. Storm Eye soon stepped on a head and instantly felt startled.

He bucked the head away and started to run from the creepy cadavers. He soon found the cliff that they were stationed before to find many dead Euphorie all over the place. He looked upon the battlefield, it seemed neither side had won since everypony was dead. There was no sight of ponies fighting, just death as far as the eye can see. Storm Eye cringed from the view and soon decided to return to the other Arqueteers back in the forest. He returned the way he came only to find the cadavers of the Euphories once more.

Storm Eye walked past them until he heard a horrifying laugh. He turned around to find a corpse standing on its hooves without a head. The cadavers around him began to move, shambling up from the ground getting ever nearer. Storm Eye only had one retort to this, to fire indiscriminately at them until they were nothing but, fleshy pulp. While he fired and completely destroyed the bodies of many cadavers, there was many more to take their place. Storm Eye did the next logical thing, he ran away as fast as he could while the cadavers trailed behind him.

After a large amount of running, Storm Eye finally lost them. He made his way through the forest to find the ground that his fellow Arqueteers were occupied. When he arrived, all he found was death. The Arqueteers were ripped apart, organs streamed all over the place, fresh blood drenched in pools, the facial expression of the dead that of terror. Storm Eye could only see the death of them all and was beyond terrified by his fellow comrades being completely slaughtered.

This... This can't be happening...

Storm Eye looked away from the dead, his hope slowly draining away only to be replaced by another emotion, incredible rage. He looked towards the sky, his face scowling in anger, and began to shoot up wildly with no purpose. After tiring himself by overusing his magic, he dropped down on his back to the ground defeated.

He looked onto the blue sky, it was peaceful and tranquil. He remembered being with his mother back at home who used to love and take care of him. He continued to stare at the nice clouds and kind blue sky until he saw a figure. It had the shape of a winged pegasus no doubt. Storm Eye relished the idea of getting revenge on those monstrous and evil ponies.

He stood from the ground and aimed his Arquebus right at the pony sitting idly on the cloud. With all his magical energy spent, Storm Eye shot one last blast right at the sky and it hit. The pegasus flew down from the cloud she was on and steadily twisted and turned in circles as she tried to glide her way down. Seeing that he hit his mark, Storm Eye trotted towards the destination where his prey was. He passed by many tree and fauna while using his tracking skills to find his target.

He stumbled upon many laughing dead, he observed them from afar behind a tree. The Laughing Dead were a fearsome sight to behold, there organs were spilled all over the floor and some of them were decapitated from every body part imaginable. It had seemed The Laughing Dead were everywhere since he could hear their laughter from just about every direction. Their laughter soon got the best of him and he retreated away from the terrors to continue on his journey.

Steadfast and cool, Storm Eye made sure do evade those revived corpses as best as he could. He walked on until he stepped on a pile of blood next to what seemed to be a broken wingblade. He was close, Storm Eye readied his Arquebus to finish off that pegasus. He searched around himself until he noticed a bush shuffling right in front of him. He aimed his Arquebus at the bush ready to fire and approached with caution.

Slowly, the bush began to stop moving only for a sudden mad Euphorie to jump out. The Euphorie screamed a horrific battle-cry causing Storm Eye to fire and miss. The Euphorie pinned him down and used her working wingblade to pierce his face while laughing maniacally to finally be kicked off to only cut a line of blood on his nose. Storm Eye used his Arquebus and smacked The Euphorie with all his might completely smashing it on her head.

The Euphorie backed away after getting hit, her face bleeding and her head pulsating with pain. She made one arrogant charge while screaming hectically only to be hit on the legs and fall on her face. Storm Eye pinned her down and stuck the Arquebus right on her head by the barrel.

"Any last words? Monster!?" said Storm Eye. His face flashing with murderous intent.

"Oh please spare me! I just love living! living is the best thing ever!" said The Euphorie sarcastically. The Euphorie began to laugh at her own sarcasm until Storm Eye strengthened his push on The Arquebus.

"Maybe your right? Maybe you'd like I torture until you beg for death? Is that what you would want?" said Storm Eye. The Euphories head was grinded even more by his force causing her more pain. The Euphorie gasped at the strike of increased pressure to her head.

"Keqkh!, heh, heh, please you Nobles don't have the balls to do something like... Eak!" said The Euphorie. Storm Eye hit her on the head once more.

"Enough of your tongue you filth! Prepare to die!" said Storm Eye. He slowly glowed his horn to relish every second of her head becoming mush. The Arquebus began to glow and energy was charging from the shaft ready for fire. At the last second, before he was about to fire, Storm Eye heard laughter near the both of them. It seemed that the Laughing Dead had continued to trail behind him and they were getting close fast. The Euphorie began to laugh hysterically at Storm Eye's fear.

"You fool! You waisted your time with me and now we will both die!" said The Euphorie. Her voice cackling between words. "You should've finished me off while you can! But, now were going to die by them!"

"Shut up!" said Storm Eye. His body shaking with fear and his face that of fright, he desperately climbed off of The Euphorie only to magically hold his Arquebus right at her. "Get up! Now!"

The Euphorie stood up from the ground weakly until she was on all fours. The Euphorie began to laugh even more at the sight of Storm Eye's desperation.

"Shut up! Move!" screamed Storm Eye. His voice raised with frustration and rage.

Comments ( 8 )

2625086 yes yes quite quite intriguing don't you agree laughing dead now that is original good sir
S

I should have commented on this earlier.
It's an interesting buildup and I'm surprised to see the series is at the moment 'cancelled', though I suspect that has something to do with the current shifts in ED lore.
Just thought I'd saw i enjoyed what you had done so far.

3454702
Really, what a surprise, I thought no one cared lol.

Yeah, sorry if this is thread necro (if that exists here... kinda??) I just realized when I saw your newest work that I'd gone through your stuff and never commented. So, here I am, lol.

Haven't really had a chance to compliment this work, or comment before now, but I just want to thank you. This helped inspire a few ideas.

I really like the idea of a story on a relationship between a cult member and a soldier. The Cult of Laughter guys are sorta the go-to chaotic evil faction, so seeing one humanized and interacting with non-cultists could be fascinating.

Sorry to see that you've cancelled this. It's a cool idea, and the threat of the Cult and its Laughing Dead is well-written.

Login or register to comment