• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,768 Views, 699 Comments

Shoot For The Stars - Burritoburger



Stargazer is a normal pony that is trying to live out his normal life, with hilarity and uests.

  • ...
10
 699
 2,768

Shoot for the Stars special: Infiltration

Shoot for the Stars special: Infiltration

For the week we trained for our mission, and we finally set out on our adventure. Apparently, the dragon lands were quite a ways away, and it would take about a week to get there. On the first day, we walked through thick forests, and even saw a village. when we got inside, there weren't very many ponies. The houses were destroyed and most of them wrecked and on fire. There weren't very many ponies out either, but most of them were dead. We finally found one that was writhing on the ground. He looked up at us.
"Oh, thank goodness! Saviors!" He seemed to cheer up a bit. He was incredibly thin to the point where you can see the bone.
"Could you please tell us what happened to your village?" Draco asked. He then noticed Draco, and cowered in fear.
"No! Not again! Don't kill me!" He got up and ran off, pretty quickly for somepony like him.
"What was that all about?" Ruby asked. Draco looked down.
"He must have been attacked by my father. It would only make sense that he is glad to see you all, and then flee when he witnessed something similar to a dragon." He explained. We continued on our way, and we saw another villager.
"Draco, you might want to hide. We will talk to him." I said. He nodded, and hid behind a semi-broken building. We walked up to the villager, who looked healthier than the other, but was obviously older.
"What do you kids want?" He barked.
"What happened to your village?" I asked. He scoffed.
"It got destroyed." He said.
"By what?" I asked.
"It doesn't matter! You can't do a thing about it either!" He snapped. Bumble came up and took out his old knife, the one he killed Pinkie Pie with.
"Tell us or you'll be killed off like the rest of your friends." Bumble growled. The villager took a step back.
"Alright, alright. We were attacked by Everfree, the dragon lord." He said.
Everfree?
{Indeed. I believe the Everfree forest was named after him due to the danger that lurks in it.}
Bumble put his knife away and stepped back.
"Sorry for disturbing you, we'll be on our way." I said. When we were out of sight, Draco ran up to us.
"What did he say?" He asked.
"You were right. This place was attacked by dragons." Muffin said.
"Alright. Let's just keep going. If we get lost, there should be more villages on the way." Draco said. We continued our journey.

It was getting dark, and we set up camp. I sat in my mobile mattress.
Man, this is going to be a long trip.
(It'll be worth it when we get there.)
[I just hope nothing bad happens to us.]
<It'll be fine, right Stargazer?>
...
{Well, I'm exhausted.}
Yeah. I'm going to sleep.
I closed my eyes, but couldn't find any relaxation. We were going to be gone for about a month, and we could most likely die on this trip. So I sat there, wide awake, letting my thoughts drift on all of the possible things that could happen.

A few hours later, I decided to Stargaze. I hadn't in a while, so I set up y telescope and looked around at the night sky. There were a lot of interesting things up there, and I have always wanted to go to the moon instead of just space. Without being a bitch that likes bananas, of course. I decided that if we could pull this mission off, I should be able to go to space. I would feel way more confident in myself if we beat this mission. I sighed and packed up my telescope. I went back into bed, and finally, slowly, fell asleep.

The next morning, we had some quick breakfast of some hay sandwiches. We continued on, going into a mountain range. You may be thinking to yourself, 'why can't Ruby teleport you to the place you need to be?'. Well, she can't. Her magic isn't strong enough, and is only good for medical purposes. For the next few days, we simply traveled, and traveled, and traveled. We never came across anymore villages, and finally reached our destination. We looked over a hill to see the castle, and quickly ducked our heads back down. Just from the quick glance, I could tell there were so many guards at once.
"Okay guys, we need to stick to the plan." Draco said.
"There was a plan?" Muffin asked, pulling out a stick of dynamite, which he looked ready to light and throw it at any second.
"Yes. I have thought it over, and came to a conclusion. I used to live here before, and I know this place inside-out. If I am correct, there should be underground tunnels directly below us that leads right into the castle itself, past the walls." Draco explained. I looked over the hill again, and saw the ten foot tall wall.
"It is what the dragons use to escape in case of an emergency." He said.
"So, we need to find an entrance?" Lightning asked.
"Precisely. If we can find the entrance and kill the guards without being detected, we will have a way in and a way out in case we are in a pinch." Draco said.
"Where do we find an entrance?" Muffin asked. Draco looked to be thinking.
"Well, I remember one entrance, but it could be very risky." Draco said.
"Good enough, let's go!" Ruby said. We followed Draco on top of a small mountain. Around the corner, we saw two guards there.
"Stargazer, do your thing." Draco whispered. I nodded and crept on top of the tip of the mountain, above the entrance. I used my wings to land soft as a feather behind the two guards. I slit their throats at the same time, making a satisfying slice.
(Damn, didn't think we were very good at being an assassin!)
"All clear." I called. They came out from behind the corner, and looked inside the dimly lit cave entrance.
"Alright, Stargazer, Lightning, you're with me. Bumble, Ruby, Muffin, you keep watch." Draco ordered. We all nodded and I went into the tunnel with Draco and Lightning. Three paths split, and I took the middle path. I slowed down a bit, I have to keep quiet after all. I looked around for any sort of entrance, anything that might lead to the castle. I stopped when I heard footsteps. I looked around, worried. There were no spots to hide, nowhere to strike undetected. I then looked up, where a support bar held the tunnel up. I quietly flew up and perched myself on it. Luckily, the dragon didn't see me as he walked by. When he passes, I jumped down and snapped his neck. I continued on my path, and took one of the torches. You never know when you will need it. I then found yet another split path, this time with five different ways. My consciousnesses came out and split up. After a while of walking, I finally found an exit. I looked around, and there were no guards. I could only see the wall behind me, and a vast outside.
Well, fuck. I just found another entrance.
I walked back in and headed back in the direction of the other entrance that we came through.

Draco's point of view

We split up, for I couldn't remember which was the right way to get inside. There didn't seem to be any guards, not that I know of. I turned a corner, and darted back behind, for there was a dragon guard standing right there. I slowly crept from behind, took my mace, and smashed it into his head, making blood burst everywhere. I continued on, determined to find my father and kill him. That appeared to be the only guard there was, as I had searched all of the different passageways, which appeared to lead to other entrances, and I found no more. Not very many guards patrol the tunnels. I sighed in defeat, and retraced my steps back to the entrance we had took.

Lightning's point of view

I walked down the other path, feeling confident about myself. I had always gotten into fights, but I have never tooken a horde of enemies! With weapons!
"Hey! Who are you?!" A voice yelled to me ahead of the tunnel. I smirked and pulled out my greatsword, and sent a sock of lightning through it, almost making it look like a lightning bolt itself.
"Leave or you die!" The guard said, pulling out a simple sword.
"I'm not going anywhere." I said, and charged at him. He looked as if he regretted his decision, and soon did. I slashed him through the belly, blood spurting everywhere, while volts of electricity clearly ran through him. I put my sword away and pressed on. I found an exit, for there were no other tunnels splitting apart, and look at that. I'm in. I walked back inside and slashed an arrow in the tunnel that lead to the exit's ground. I decided to head back and visit Ruby, Bumble, and Muffin.

Bumble's point of view

As I sat there, 'standing guard' I felt left out, watching these two lovebirds staring at each other and rarely talking. I sighed and started sharpening my arrowheads. I even put up a few targets, made of two dead dragons. I was practicing my shooting, aim, angle, all of the things to get a perfect shot. After a while, I sat back down on a rock, convinced I had practiced enough. I looked over at Ruby and Muffin, who were having a little conversation. I was too far away to hear what they said, as I wasn't even interested in it. I looked over again, and flinched. They started to kiss, even when they only met not too long ago. I remember Muffin saying he didn't train with her in the training week, and they barely talked to each other while we were getting here, probably because all of us were around at the time, and yet, right in front of me, they were kissing. I sighed, and started to think about Rainbow Dash. I miss her so much, and yet, I feel as if I regret even dating her. I mean, Fluttershy was the one, that was obvious. But suddenly, things changed when I killed Pinkie. She was heartbroken, and I knew she couldn't take it. Her fragile little heart couldn't take it. Yet, Rainbow Dash, with a heart so loyal, cared for me. Made me feel better when I was blue. I sighed again, and reverted to reality when Lightning walked out of the cave.
"Sup." He said. He looked over at Ruby and Muffin, and whistled.
"Things are getting hot up here isn't it?" He asked.
"Yeah. They were just sitting there for the longest time, staring in each others' eyes. I turn my head for one second, and then they're kissing." I said. It looked like Muffin and Ruby heard us talking, and looked at us. They blushed deeply, and Muffin scooted away. We laughed.
"It's okay you two, we all have our moments." Lightning said.
"Did anypony find an exit?" Draco said, walking out of the cave with Stargazer.
"Yes I did." Lightning said. Draco smiled.
"Great! We need to go in now, however. They will soon discover the dead bodies." Draco said. Everypony gathered their weapons and gear, and I picked up my bow and arrows.

Back to Stargazer.

I headed back into the direction we were going, and found my clones waiting as well.
"Find anything?" I asked. They all shook their heads. I sighed, and they returned to my head. Draco walked out of his tunnel.
"Find anything?" He asked. I shook my head and he sighed. He looked down.
"Hey, what do you think that arrow means?" He asked. I shrugged, and we walked towards the entrance, overhearing some laughing.
"It's okay you two, we all have our moments." I heard Lightning say as we exited the tunnel.
"Did anypony find an exit?" Draco asked.
"Yes I did." Lightning declared. Draco smiled.
"Great! We need to go in now, however. They will soon discover the dead bodies." Draco said. Everypony grabbed their stuff, and we headed in the direction of the exit.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
We looked out of the exit, and saw everything.
"Wow. This place is huge!" Ruby said.
"Okay, stick to the plan." Draco said.
"We went over this. There is no plan." Muffin said.
"Bumble, perch yourself on that hill over there." Draco said, and he flew over to the hill and perched himself on top of a tree branch, readying his bow.
"Lightning, stay with Bumble." Draco commanded. He did a salute and flew over to the hill Bumble was on.
"Ruby, you're with us. Same with you two." He pointed at us. We all nodded.
"Now, follow me." We maneuvered around the wall, finding any weak points and all guards there were in the area.
"Ruby! Guard check!" Draco whispered.
"40." She replied.
"Okay, Stargazer, assassinate those three guards there." I nodded, and crept over to the three guards, but I couldn't kill all three of them, one of them was looking in the opposite direction, which would blow my cover. I looked to the tree Bumble was on, and nodded my head. He pulled back his arrow. I jumped in front of the guard facing me, and before he could react, I snapped his neck. The other two heard the sound, and turned around. They fell to the ground as I saw the arrows pierce their faces. I smiled. It quickly changed back, however, as I heard a siren go off. Guards flooded outside of the building, doubling the amount then before. Draco ran up and stood beside me. I looked around for Muffin, but he was gone. A giant lightning bolt shot from the sky and landed down, crashing in front of us. Lightning appeared, looking gleeful as ever, wanting to kick some ass. He charged at them, and blood splattered everywhere as we all started to attack them. Arrows were also hitting the guards. Bumble had a damn good aim. One of the guards finally grabbed Lightning, then another, and the last one tackled him. I was tackled as well, along with everypony else. One of the dragons even got Bumble over here. One by one, the guards smashed our faces hard enough to wake us faint. I could see Muffin flying above, but he got caught as well. I was hit in the face and went out cold.

...Wh-What happened?
I woke up to be in a stadium of some sort. But I had my weapons. There were no chains, no guards, no nothing. We were just in a stadium.
"So, you have attempted to infiltrate my kingdom?" A booming voice was heard from a high area in the stadium, and it was a big green and blue dragon. He chuckled.
"Pathetic. I never would have believed that my own son would actually fail at this attempt like this." He said.
"Just shut up, father." Draco said, getting up. He scoffed.
"Well, the end of your life is near. Release the secret weapons!" He boomed.
"Nice names!" Muffin yelled up to him. "Where'd ya get them? The dollar store?" He fell on the ground laughing.
"You won't be laughing when you meet D and Pineapple." He responded. This made Muffin laugh even more.
"What kind of names are those?" He asked, trying to get a breath. Everfree looked over at a guard that was holding a chain, and he nodded his head. He then started to pull the chain down, lifting of the huge wall. I got ready. We were about to face the most threatening thing we have ever seen. The most dangerous of tasks. One we might not even survi-
Standing there was a small, brown filly and a tall, green mare. We all busted a gut on the ground, even Draco thought it was hysterical. I looked at Muffin, and noticed his glasses were gone. They were on the other side of the stadium, but who cares? This is hilarious! Muffin looked up and looked into the brown pony's yellow eyes. She stared back, and Muffin bursted into flames. He got up and started running around, screaming. I stopped laughing and prepared myself as the green one approached. I was about to cut at her, but I couldn't. She was just so...beautiful...and...
(Oh, damn. What do we do now?)
{I dunno.}
She pinned me down, and her eyes were full of lust. She began to lick my chest up to my arm...and then took a large bite of flesh off of me. I snapped into reality and slashed her across the chest. She growled and took a bite out of my chest. I kicked her off, and tried to fight, but, damn that hurt!
"Muffin!" I yelled. He disappeared, basically abandoning us.
"The fuck!" I yelled after him. I heard Draco's father laughing above, as if this were some sort of comedy. Lightning flew to the sky and made it rain on him, dousing the fire. He looked down at Muffin's glasses, and put them on. He stared into the brown one's eyes, but he didn't light on fire. She looked shocked.
"Payback is a bitch." He said, grabbing his greatsword. He charged at her, but was stopped by the green one. I looked over, and he seemed to be falling into her trap, as I could see she already pinned him down and was, well, having a bit of fun with him. She started nibbling on his ear, then took a full on bite out of it.
"FUCK!" He yelled, and headbutted her. She stumbled back, and he got up. She was about to tackle him again, when Draco tackled her and kept her down.
"I am not affected, as dragons are immune!" He yelled. There was a loud boom in the sky, and Muffin was flying down, a trail of white and red behind him. He held a rainbow guitar if front of him and yelled,
"ROYAL RAINBOOMS!" He shot rainbows out of his guitar, and they worked like lasers.
(Dafuq?)
He then threw the guitar down, and it bursted into a small rainbow-splosion. Lightning finally got to the brown one, and kept her down. Draco already flew off of the green one, and Ruby tackled her. Everfree was surprised to see Draco come up, but Draco was kicking ass. He was smashing his father's face with the mace to outer space. Yes, I rhymed. Muffin was there too, and set up a bunch of bombs behind the dragon, who was stumbling back due to Draco's blows. When he was right above the explosives, Muffin pressed the detonator button, which blew Everfree high into the air. Lightning threw his greatsword at Draco, and he flew up as as fast as he could, greatsword in hoof. He held it up, and when gravity pulled Draco's father down, Draco stabbed right through his father, a look of shock in his eyes. All of the dragons looked up, along with the two that were fighting us. Everfree hit the stadium floor with a ground-shaking thud. It was clear he was dead, and all of the dragons looked astonished. I looked away and coughed up blood. I am about to die from blood loss. My body functions took over, and I blacked out.

I woke up to see everypony, including the two that we fought, looking over me, except for Ruby, who was busy putting bandages over me.
"We have come to an agreement." The green one said.
"It states in the rules that if our master was killed by someone, than they are our master afterwards." The brown one said.
"We will join your group. My name is D." The green one said.
"My name is Pineapple." The other one said.
"We did it! Woo!" Muffin cheered.
"Shall we go home?" Draco asked.
"Sure." I said while getting up, and we walked back towards our old home.
"What happened to the dragons?" I asked.
"They are free. No longer ruled by a tyrant." Draco said.
"Ah." I looked ahead. This is a memory I will never forget.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I recently found out that I have never posted a picture of Stargazer before! Aren't I the smartest person in the world?

Shut up. Here it be.

NO ultrasponge, he is NOT CUTE!