• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,768 Views, 699 Comments

Shoot For The Stars - Burritoburger



Stargazer is a normal pony that is trying to live out his normal life, with hilarity and uests.

  • ...
10
 699
 2,768

SPECIAL: Make the switch

Shoot for the Stars: Chapter 38: SPECIAL: Make the switch
Author: Burritoburger

I always find myself in these situations.
(RUN FASTER!)
"I'M TRYING GODDAMMIT!" I yelled out loud, running away from these crazed mares. It seemed as if the city was like a wasteland, filled with mares that probably tore it apart just to find one stallion. I bet even a young colt would satisfy these bitches.
{Wait! I see Strength!}
I turned and indeed, saw a mare copy of myself, literally charging through the crowd, knocking them all to the side. When he/she was the last one chasing, I stopped and smirked.
"Boop." I said as I touched his(her) snout and he+she disappeared. I turned and flew away before any of the others could chase me again.
<Huh? What happened?>
{You nearly raped yourself.}
<What?>
(You became a mare and nearly fucked yourself.)
<...Was I sexy?>
(Okay, this is getting old.)
When I found a satisfactory hiding spot, I peered out into the crowd of mares.
<Hey, Peace kinda loves animals. Do you think he would be in a nearby forest?>
I scanned the area.
I don't see any forests.
{Behind you.}
I turned around.
"Oh yeah. I knew that."
{Idiot.}
I walked off towards the forest, away from the ruined city. It took at least two minutes to get to the forest, and I walked in slowly, to be tackled by a blue blur.
(That was easy.)
"YOU'RE MI-"
"Shaddup." I then punched himher in the face, having him disappear.
"I've always wanted to do that." I said, getting up.
[Ugh...What happened?]
{No time to explain.Let's g-}
[Was I sexy?]
(Why would you even want to ask that question?!)
<Let's go already!>
I shot towards the skies, feeling all my strength rush over me as the cone formed around me and slowly got thi-
*WHUMP!*
A body tackled me and I skidded on the ground, with her on top of me.
(Man, they got us! We're screwed!)
"Hello Stargazer." My eyes widened. It was a male voice, and I recognized it.
"I'm going to have to take you to my master. You are required for his rule of all universes.
(Wat.)
"Who the hell are you?!" I yelled. He flipped me around so I could see the black pegasus.
"Are you ready? I'm about to replace your life in the blink of an eye." He said. He slowly morphed his body shape and colors to look exactly like me, while cackling. Even his voice changed to mine as he was cackling.
"And now, you meet the master." He said. He moved his hoof across the air, in which a tear appeared. The tear grew bigger and revealed a black and red vortex, and it sucked both of us in.
"No you don't!" I yelled.

Oblivion stood in the middle of the room, waiting for Nightstreak to return. As he waited, he looked over his plan in his head. Soon, he can leave this feeble body and enter a stronger one, one that can destroy Equestria, and even more. It could alter the physics of time and space. And all he needs is the boy.
without warning, the vortex appeared and Nightstreak fell out, holding onto Stargazer. He had a gag around his mouth, and muffled screams were coming from his mouth.
"You have him. Good. And I see you already made the switch. You have proven loyal to me, Nightstreak. Now, take the boy to the cell." I ordered, and he nodded. Stargazer, the one with the gag was constantly shaking his head as Nightstreak left the room.

<><><><><><><><>

Man, being a guard sucks.
I am sitting here, standing guard to a cell that doesn't even have a prisoner. Even Stargazer, the special kid was supposed to be in another area, but I have to guard what closely resembles a closet. Worst job ever.
then I heard hoofsteps coming from the hallway. Nightstreak, who changed his appearance into the boy, was bragging him towards the abandoned cell.
"Hey wait, didn't The Master tell you to put Him in the other cell?" I asked, getting curious.
"Um- yes, but he changed it at the last minute. There is no way he can escape." Nightstreak said.
"Um, okay, sure. Go ahead." I replied, feeling a bit uneasy.
--
Knowledge. Go to the right cell. Alright?
{I am teleporting there now...}
--
Nightstreak left, leaving Stargazer in the cell.
Oh well, at least I have something to guard.
There were muffled screams coming from behind me, which was the cell.
"Hey, shut up back there! You have no reason to talk anyways." I called.

I appeared in what looked like the correct cell, at least it looked like it anyways.
"Now I just need to stay calm and wait." I said to myself.
After a few minutes of waiting, a guard came in and put a plate in my cell, which had a strange gooey substance on it. The guard left, and I threw the plate to the side. I wouldn't need to eat it, I won't be in here long. Now I just need to act not as smart... Hey! It's already working!

<><><><><><><><>

Stargazer pressed the button, and in a blinding light, I appeared back in front of my newfound friends.
"Zedro! You're back!" Vortex said.
I smiled, and looked around.
"Hey, where's Muffin and Lightning?" I asked.
"They took off using what we call Muffin's Uber Cannon." D said.
*WHUMP!*
Two bodies landed on Vortex, one large, another smaller.
"Crimson!" Everypony yelled, in which most of them hugged him. Phoenix looked confused, and shrugged.
"Crimson!" He copied, and hugged him as well.
"Everyone, this is Crimson. Crimson, this is everyone." I announced. All our friends were walking up to him, shaking his hoof, introducing himself. I looked around. All we need now is Stargazer, Muffin, and Lightning.

<><><><><><><><>

I flew along the path towards Stargazer's house. Bumble really freaked me out, and I don't want to even know what's up with him. I finally found the place and knocked on the door. While I waited, I admired the manor, one of the biggest buildings here, other than the castle, of course. Wait-Where is the castle?!
It's true, the castle was nowhere to be seen. I looked around more and finally saw it. It was not as big as before. Instead, it was about the same size as Stargazer's mansion that has it's door opened showing a young stallion with a fancy suit on.
"I'm sorry, but Stargazer is not taking any autographs at the moment." He said.
"Sorry buddy, but I have to see him." I said, trying to walk past him.
"No! You cannot enter here if you do not have a scheduled appointment!" He interjected. I slowly shook my head.
"You asked for it." I brought my hoof up to his shoulder.
"What are you-"
*BZZZT!*
He fell to the ground, unconscious. Man, I love these powers.
I walked over his shocked body, and unsuccessfully navigated the manor, looking for the room Stargazer was in.
"What is this, a freaking Labyrinth?" I asked myself. After a few minutes of walking around, I found the only room I hadn't opened yet. I knocked on it and opened the door.
"Hello? Stargazer?"
"Yes?"
"What?!"
My eyes widened. There were two. One looked really fancy schmansy and the other looked older, more fit. He had a scar across his left eye.
"Uh, hi? I'm Lightni-" I was interrupted by a blinding light and the two disappearing.
That's it.
I flew out of the nearby window at my fastest speed.
So much it hurts!

<><><><><><><><>

I sat in the cell, getting bored. And all of a sudden, a bright light appeared and two ponies came, one that looked like the alternate Stargazer, and another one, older, more fit, had a scar on his left eye.
What would Stargazer say?!
"Yo." I said.
I facehoofed inside.
"Listen Stargazer, we're here to help you." The older said.
*FLASH!*
We turned to the other "FLASH!" that filled the room and found Muffin. He looked over the three of us.
"Yo." He said.

<><><><><><><><>

"Are we ready?" Vortex asked.
"Yes. Do you have the potions ready?" I asked. Vortex giggled.
"Of course, Draco. Why wouldn't I?" She asked.
"Okay. Now," I turned to all of my "friends." I believe I can call them that now, especially because of all we've been through. "Without thew help of Muffin, Stargazer, and Lightning, we can't do much. But we can still get Crimson back. Now, D and Pineapple. No killing. We don't want to set an even bigger conflict between us and Celestia. Got it?" They frowned, but nodded.
"Alright. Bumble, I know you can control yourself. But Celestia might want to kill us, so I want you with me at all times." He nodded, grinning.
"Alright? Everyone ready? Crimson?"
"You bet!" He said, smiling.
"Alright. Vortex, give us all a dose." I said. She handed out the potions, and we all drank ours.
"I don't feel any different." Phoenix said.
"It's supposed to do that. You are actually five times stronger, trust me." Vortex explained.
"Alright. Let's go." I ordered. We moved towards the new Canterlot wall, created by Celestia after we were banished.
"Zedro. Phoenix. Bumble. Crimson. Fly above, get to Celestia first." I ordered. They nodded and flew up. I faced the group.
"Everyone ready?" They all nodded. I nodded and turned around. I raised my hooves.
*SMASH!*
I blew apart an entire chunk of the wall and debris shot everywhere. We all gaped. I turned to Vortex.
"Very efficient!" She grinned.
"CHARGE!" D yelled. We all ran in, tackling any guard that got near us, making our way to the castle.

Meanwhile...

We arrived in front of the castle tower and peered through the window, where Celestia and Luna were having an argument.
"How could you do that, sister! They were trying their hardest to find Crimson, and you just made it harder on them!" Luna yelled.
"They were foals! They were causing too much damage to this place, they deserve it!"
"They were innocent ponies! Stargazer, one of which who is actually interested in studying the night sky, had a perfectly normal life! As soon as he SAVED EQUESTRIA from the meteorite, his life was utter chaos! You cannot blame him for the damage he accidentally caused!"
"Luna, please! I banished them for a reason!"
"What reason was that?! Not only did you banish innocent ponies, you banished Crimson, whom I wished to marry!" She yelled back.
"Marry?" Crimson whispered.
"Sister, you-"
"I am not your sister anymore." She bolted out of the room, tears flowing down her eyes.
"Aw, forget this!" Bumble said out loud. He smashed all of us through the window, causing a surprised Celestia to jump.
"What are you doing here?! Leave at onc-"
"You better shut up. Or I'll slit your neck." Bumble said from behind her, all of a sudden. She gulped.
"Dude, I'm gonna find Luna. Get her in a better mood." Crimson whispered to me.
"Okay. Wait, wha-"
Too late. He already bolted out the door.
The funny thing is, Phoenix had no idea what he was doing with this.
*WHUMP!*
"Ow." I looked over at Stargazer, who flew through the window.
"Stargazer!" I yelled.
"What's up?" He asked.
"You found Crimson. However, you are still banished from here!" Celestia said.
"No we're not." stargazer said.
"Why, then?" Celestia asked.
"Do you know someone by the name of Oblivion?" He asked. Celestia's eyes widened, her mouth agape.
"Y-Yes. He destroyed Equestria years ago, when I was a little filly. My parents were killed, and I stopped him after unlocking the secrets of magic. He has been stuck in between universes since far before Nightmare Moon." She then glared at Stargazer.
"How do you know about him?" She asked.
"Well, I kinda killed him." He said.
"What?!" Celestia's mouth was even more agape.
"Yep. I even have something to prove it." He revealed the head of a white unicorn with a black and grey mane.

MEEN-Y-UL

I ran through the corridors of the castle, trying to find Luna. Finally, I found one were there was crying on the other side. I didn't even knock, I opened the door. Luna was sitting on her bed, crying. She didn't even notice that I walked in, so I slowly went over and hugged her from behind. She slowly turned her head.
"Crimson!" She yelled in delight. She turned around and hugged me back, tears still flowing down her face.
"I missed you so much! Where have you been?!" She asked, sobbing.
"Thinking about you." I responded. "So, is it true that you want to marry me?" I asked.
"Oh, you heard that?" She asked, her cheeks flushing.
"Yes. And I would like to say: Definitely. I will definitely marry you." I said. She smiled, and hugged me again.
____________________________________________________________________________
WOW that was the cheesiest thing I ever wrote.
Now you're probably sitting on your ass, like, what the fuck just happened?
Well, that will be explained in the next chapter!
Also, I have decided that I will put a Fact at the end of each chapter, mostly about the chapter, or Shoot for the Stars in general.
So!
Fact: ultrasponge and I were talking once, and I accidentally called Pineapple "Coconut." Hilarity ensued. After that, when I type Pineapple's name, I find myself typing "Coconut" instead. I catch myself just barely, and name her Pineapple instead.
Until next time!
-Burritoburger