• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,768 Views, 699 Comments

Shoot For The Stars - Burritoburger



Stargazer is a normal pony that is trying to live out his normal life, with hilarity and uests.

  • ...
10
 699
 2,768

Found a Pet

Shoot for the Stars: Chapter 31: Found a Pet
Author: Burritoburger

I flew after Lightning, but his rage fueled him, and I lost him within a matter of seconds. I became exhausted, and started to slow down when trying to get there. Soon enough, I became so exhausted, I had to rest.
(Dude! Keep going! He's going to kill everypony!)
I didn't think you cared about that.
(Of course I do! Who would want to miss a dude on a rampage killing everything? This is gonna be awesome!)
{He does need some rest, Anger.}
Would you two shut up?
(Why? Don't care about us?)
No, listen.
I listened carefully, and heard a faint calling in the nearby forest. I decided to look for it. It got closer as I waded through the trees, listening. Finally, I found the source.
(Hoe. Lee. SHIT.)
{Simply amazing!}
<That thing looks boss.>
[Can we keep it?! Please?!]
I saw a fallen tree, with half of a blue phoenix sticking out. I looked at me, with what looked like fear and hope in it's eyes. It called out towards me, this time more firm.
Hold up guys. I think it's hurt.
(You don't say?)
<Should I help?>
(No, you should sit there and do NOTHING.)
[But, he's Strength...]
(Dammit! Just get the tree off!)
I went around the tree to where it was facing, and pushed the tree as hard as I could off of the phoenix. He tried to fly up, but screeched in pain, and fell back down.
{I believe the tree broke one of it's wings, maybe even a leg.}
I carefully picked him up and placed him on my back. I walked out of the forest, making sure not to hurt him. At least, I think he's male.
Okay, do I get Lightning first? Or help this bird first?
(Bird.)
{Bird.}
<Bird.>
[Bird.]
Alright.
I carefully flew towards Fluttershy's cottage, which was conveniently in sight. I knocked on the door, and the yellow mare opened it.
"Hello?" She squeaked.
"I need your help. I need to do something really quick, but I found this." I said, and gestured to the phoenix on my back.
"Oh, my! I've never seen a phoenix like this before!" She admired.
"His wing might be broken, and he is in pain. Can you take care of him for a while?" I asked.
"Oh, of course!" She carefully took him off of my back, and brought him inside.
"I need to go. Please take care of him." I said, and flew off. I headed towards Canterlot, focusing at the task at hand.

10 minute flight later...

I came into view of Canterlot, and found Lightning beating the living hell out of a crap ton of royal guards.
I shot in the fight and started tackling royal guards off of Lightning, as there were at least...
{Fifty.}
Fifty.
Between the battle, Lightning said to me,
"I thought you were going to stop me." He panted.
"No, that would cause much more trouble." I turned and smashed a royal guard into a nearby wall. "In fact, I need to talk to Celestia as well." I replied.
After a while, even more royal guards came up.
{Oh boy. At least a hundred, increasing.}
"There's too many!" I yelled. He smirked. Suddenly, he- what in the...
(Did I see what I thought I just saw?)
Lightning had morphed into a- well, a lightning bolt, and flew through the guards, shocking each one he passed. He turned back and yelled.
"LIGHT PHASING BITCHES!" He ran off, and I flew right after him, leaving the guards behind. We flew into the castle, and slammed the doors, shutting it with the wooden plank to keep the door shut. We flew off, in the regular direction the throne room was. We burst the door open, and Celestia was standing there.
"Why have you been fighting my guards?" She asked.
"Why are you loading us with this bullshit?!" Lightning asked, his rage coming back.
"Your group has caused many bad things to this place. You must-" She started.
"If it weren't for us, you'd be dead!" Silence. Lightning spoke again.
"We killed Everfree. We saved your pathetic ass from him! We shouldn't be the ones banished. Hell, one of US should be ruler, not you!" He said.
"I understand. But-"
"But what?" I spoke up.
"But we're terrorizing the town? But we're violent? But we're different. We're different from everypony else, is that it? We stand out, making us not tolerable. We're not your average ponies, and you can't except that. Well, we have saved your ass plenty of times. Now rethink whether or not different is good or bad."
"Silence!" She bellowed. "You don't belong here, neither you should've come here in the first place! You are hereby banished from-"
"SHUT UP!"
We all looked at the other side of the room, where Luna stood.
"Jeez! All we want is a nap, and what do we receive? Yelling and fighting. We do not think these ponies should be banished." Luna said.
"Luna, please." Celestia insisted.
"No! If thou banishes my friend- or rather, coltfriend- we would be ashamed!" Her head drooped. "However, Crimson hath gone missing." She said.
"Really? I never noticed." Lightning said, looking over at me. I shrugged. Celestia sighed.
"Alright. If you can find Crimson within the next hour, you will not be banished."
"Fina-fucking-lly!" Lightning slurred.
"Wait, an hour? Can't we get more time?" I asked. She smiled.
"Hour starts now." She gestured to an hourglass being flipped by her magic, coming out from behind the throne.
Lightning shot through the stained glass window, breaking it on purpose. I flew after him.
"Lightning! First, we need to get something!" I called, catching up.
"What?" He asked. I smirked.
"Something awesome." I said.

ANOTHER 10 minute flight later...

We landed back at Fluttershy's cottage. Lightning looked around.
"Why are we here?" He asked. I grinned and knocked on the door. Fluttershy opened it.
"Oh, you're back. I have bandaged his wing, but everything else is fine. Wait about a month or so, and he'll be able to fly again." She quickly explained, and ran inside to get him.
"Who's 'he'?" Lightning asked. I grinned more.
"You'll see." We waited until she brought the blue phoenix back out.
"Here you go." She said, and handed me him. I put him on my back, and Fluttershy walked back inside.. I looked at Lightning, who's jaw was hitting the floor.
"Where did you find that?!" He asked.
"Under a tree in the nearby forest." I said.
"What's his name?" He asked.
I never thought of that.
{He's not even ours!}
I looked back at the phoenix.
"Do you have any parents?" I asked. He seemed to understand, because his head drooped down as soon as I mentioned parents.
(...Cobalt! Sounds like a cool name, right?)
"His name shall be Cobalt." I said.
"Alright, well, I'm going to head to town and ask where Crimson is, alright?" Lightning said.
"Okay. I'll search outside of town." I said. He nodded and flew off. I flew away as well, admiring my new pet.