• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,768 Views, 699 Comments

Shoot For The Stars - Burritoburger



Stargazer is a normal pony that is trying to live out his normal life, with hilarity and uests.

  • ...
10
 699
 2,768

Late night astronomy

Chapter 1: Late night astronomy

I walked into my bedroom, which was very cramped and only had a bed, a desk, a window, and a closet. I slumped into my bed. Today was exhausting. If Derpy hadn't of dropped all that mail on the way to Canterlot, we would have been done hours ago. I wasn't mad at her, though. I let the cushion of my bed encase my thoughts as I drifted asleep...

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER ASTRONOMERS YAY!" I bolted up from my bed and looked at the clock that was on my desk. 1:26 A.M. I rubbed my eyes and forced myself from my bed and opened the door. The door next to mine, my sister Starlight's door opened up and she peeked her head out. She looked down the stairs and then looked at me.
"You deal with it." She said. Her door closed and she went back to sleep. I walked down the stairs and into my living room, where Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Applebloom were trying to find out how my telescope works.
"You better not break that thing." I chuckled. They turned around and looked at me.
"Good morning, Stargazer!" Sweetie Belle said.
"What are you Fillies doing at my house at this time?" I asked them.
"We wanted to try astronomy, like you!" Scootaloo said. I looked outside.
"Now that you mention it, I haven't stargazed in a while..." I drifted off in my thoughts.
"So let's go outside and find out how this tele...tele... What did ya say it was again?" Applebloom said in her western accent. "It's called a telescope. Now let's head on outside." I said, walking over and grabbing my telescope.

We walked outside, and I walked over to a good clear spot to stargaze. Usually, people come to me when they want to see the night sky. After all, I am the only one who owns the only telescope in Equestria and technically invented it.
"You three are lucky, you came out on the perfect night. No clouds, perfect time, and the stars are bright tonight." I said while adjusting the telescope.
"See! We are already talented!" Scootaloo said.
"Actually, you can't really be talented at Stargazing. The only reason I am good at it is because I know everything about the telescope, all of it's functions, stuff like that." I said.
"Here, take a look." Applebloom looked through the telescope.
"Uh, ah don't get how this works." She said.
"Adjust some things on it." I said. She nodded and turned a nob.
"Wow! That is so cool!"
"Let me see!" Scootaloo pushed her aside.
"Whoa, that is amazing!" She said.
"Can I have a turn?" Sweetie Belle said, pushing Scootaloo out of the way.
"Amazing!" She said. I rolled my eyes. I know it's beautiful, but I've seen it a hundred times.
"That shooting star is dazzling!" Wow, these fillies have a big vocabular- wait a minute, shooting star?
"Let me see." I pushed Sweetie Belle out of the way. I looked into the telescope and everything was maximized. I saw the shooting star that Sweetie Belle had talked about. It did look awesome. Suddenly, it changed course. That's not supposed to happen. I thought to myself. I turned another nob and it zoomed in. Oh, I get it. I looked at the girls.
"Sorry, but we have to do this another time, I have to get to Princess Celestia and tell her about the comet that is heading straight towards us." I said.
"Wait, what?" Scootaloo asked. But I was already flying into my house. I bursted into Starlight's room, panting.
"What now?" She asked getting up.
"I need you to teleport me to Princess Celestia." I said.
"Why?" She asked.
"Just do it!" I commanded.
"Okay, okay." Her horn started to glow a deep blue, and we were both enveloped in a blue light. I looked up at Princess Celestia, who was doing some paperwork. She looked up and smiled.
"Ah, Stargazer and Starlight. Still watching the night sky, I see." She pointed to my telescope. I looked down at it, then back up to her. I smiled.
"About that..."