• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,768 Views, 699 Comments

Shoot For The Stars - Burritoburger



Stargazer is a normal pony that is trying to live out his normal life, with hilarity and uests.

  • ...
10
 699
 2,768

LATE Easter Special: Back to the Past Part 2

Shoot for the Stars: Chapter 37: LATE Easter Special: Back to the Past Part 2
Author: Starts with 'B' ends with 'urritoburger'.

"He can't handle this! He is a very small child that, again, doesn't know how to speak!" the principal argued with Orion.
"I swear, he will attend this school whether you like it or not. I am paying money to do this, even when I am to the brink of losing my job. I barely care whether he wants to, just let him attend the school!" Orion argued back.
"I can't do anything about it if he gets a black eye every time he leaves, bullying cannot be handled here! He won't even be able to understand half of what the teacher says!"
"Listen, he understood where the classroom was. He understood that this would be difficult. He understood that he would go to a school where he would learn, and I bet he just as well understands what I am trying to get at. It is his choice now." Orion put finally. "He decides whether he goes to school or not." He stopped, took a breath, and walked outside, where Stargazer was sitting in a chair, observing the room. A small thought went through Orion's head, one that said, What the hell am I thinking? He's only two, this is the youngest anypony ever went to school. He probably won't get anything the teacher is saying.
He sighed.
"Stargazer. You have a choice now. Do you want to go to school, or not?" Orion asked. He seemed to be lost in thought for a second, and finally nodded. Orion walked back into the office and said to the waiting principal,
"He says yes. But I want him to go tomorrow, I need to talk to him, get his spirits up." Orion said. The principal rubbed his temples.
"Whatever. I'm going to get a massage." She said, and walked out of the office. School ended half an hour ago, and there were no more students in the building. Orion took stargazer and left.

The next day

Stargazer walked into the classroom, confident. He sat as his seat while all of the students were still staring at him, having the same thoughts every time. But class continued, and Stargazer still felt very confident.
"Alright class, does anypony know what 2 plus 3 is?" The teacher asked. Stargazer's hoof shot up first, and the teacher called on him. He wrote the number 5 on a sheet of paper and lifted it up so the teacher could see.
"Very good Stargazer! The answer is five." The class continued, with the simple ask and answer routine held in the class.

3 weeks later

"Hey, loser!" Stargazer turned towards whoever called out to what appeared to be him.
"It's your daily beatdown, and I'm feeling extra eager to do it." The leader said. Stargazer did his daily routine at this point, and that was to run away, even though he knew it was pointless. In less than twenty seconds, Stargazer got tackled and pinned to the ground, where he couldn't do a single thing about it. They constantly punched him in the face, over and over, until blood was pouring out of his nose, and his face was covered in bruises. The entire time, Stargazer kept a stern look on his face, not shedding a single tear of pain, nor sadness. He had gotten used to this "daily beatdown' and never cried.
"Lucky you, you get a bonus." He punched him in the gut, causing Stargazer to throw up directly in his face. He stumbled back and wiped his face off.
"You're dead, dweeb!" Stargazer got up and started running, no, sprinting towards wherever seemed reasonable. He saw a rock sitting on the ground and grabbed it while running. He turned around for a split second and threw it at his pursuer's eye, causing him to stumble back. With that, Stargazer flapped his wings once, giving him enough momentum to scale the fence. All of the bullies were earth ponies, and they were too small to climb the fence.
"Next time you won't be so lucky, loser!" The bully yelled after him. Stargazer just stuck his tongue out at him and walked away, towards his house.

3 years later

(Stargazer's view btw)

I focused all of my energy on the one thing keeping my mind flowing. The enemy I needed to defeat. What would happen if this brutal creature was not defeated, you ask? Utter chaos. Maximum destruction. Total annihilation. Nothing can stop me, as I wield the legendary weapon, which binds all of the universe's power into one mighty object. All of my stats are perfect, this enemy will be nothing but a slice of pie. But more keep coming, from the endless void that is-
*RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIING*
"Any questions left are for homework! You are all dismissed!" Miss Daisy called out to the class after the bell rang.
I quickly shoved the paper into my backpack and was about to leave until,
"Stargazer! I forgot to give you your test. Excellent job." I turned around to see Miss Daisy holding onto my test paper from last week. I took it from her hoof to see a big red "100" on the front, next to my name.
"Thank you." I replied, and hurried out the door. I tried my best to look excited to leave, but inside, I wanted to run from those three bullies that have picked on me ever since I was two years old. We're still in the same grade, even though I'm six years below them.
"Hey doofus!" a familiar voice called out.
"NOPE!" I yelled back, and went airborne, leaving the two idiots behind. Unfortunately, one had wings.
He shot up and grabbed me before I could even realize what was going on. He dragged me to the ground where I hit the pavement really hard.
Really.
"That's a new one. Flying away as if it were nuthin'." the leader said. e smirked and smacked me in the face.
"Well, we plan on killing you today. Any last words?"
I gulped. These guys always meant business, but even they wouldn't' kill me.
...Right?
The leader picked me up, away from the pegasus, and put me against a rock, where he smashed my head into it. Searing pain shot through my head all the way down my spine, and I felt warm blood streaming from the back of my head.
"Yo, boss! Somepony's coming! I don't think they see us yet!" The other one said. The leader didn't even say anything more, he just picked me up and took me into the nearby forest.
"They're gone." He said.
"Perfect." The leader turned to me, "We heard about you bein' some kinda genius, that you're smarter than famous people. Well we don't take kindly to nerds around here, runt." He punched me in the face again until saying,
"Goodnight little one." He threw me into a tree, where it split in half, coming directly into contact with my head. I could hear them snickering and walking away, as my vision slowly faded, and I weeped silently for a few seconds until, nothing.