• Published 26th Mar 2013
  • 745 Views, 5 Comments

The Big Grim Happy Family - roguesoul



If you thought all ponies were happy, loving, adorable plush creatures that never hated, fought, or did any dirty work; then you are a gullible foal, cause that doesn't come close to the truth.

  • ...
3
 5
 745

A Tale Dark and Grim

A Tale Dark and Grim


Movements and moments, that’s how you could describe the bustling crowd of Grims. All three pony races, even changelings and zebra, mare and stallions, colts and fillies and those that identified as neither. Unity, brought together by disgrace. Whether the blood of Moon Pool ran through their blood or if perhaps you married into the family you were an outcast to the rest of Equestria. Monsters roamed the Everfree, watching creatures marked as prey frolic in the firelight. They were so close now that someone could have been snatched from the edge. In the cluttered group no one would miss them right away. In the music and noise no one would hear them being devoured. But any monster that got close enough could smell the stench of rotting fruit, of death. There was something else as well, and underlying scent like the other that only creatures such as these could smell. Traces of metal, of blood, and murder if murder had a scent.


If monsters were poetic they’d say it was the smell of evil itself.


----------


Entry 7


I found something. Under the grave I dug up. I didn’t mean too, but the shadows said I had too. They were so loud now, but after I found the dagger they finally quieted. Their still here, in the back of my head, but they’re like static, white noise now. Before I nearly went insane by how loud they were. Nearly… I think. Though no one insane ever said they were. The grave was unmarked, I borrowed the shovel from Mr. Funny Bones. There wasn’t anypony, just this. A dagger. I’ve never seen one except in museums, ponies don’t use them that often because A) no thumbs and B) most favored magic. The dagger must have been buried for centuries, but it looks really new. It’s still shar





Entry 8


Sorry journal for the cut off, I thought I heard something outside. It was nothing, but it just gave me a bad feeling. Plus I accidently dropped the lantern, so I couldn’t write until I had enough light to. Mom seems worried about me, I’ve been telling her I’m fine when she asks.


I am fine, I just want an answer.


But I caught her looking around my room. Perhaps I should start keeping you and knife with me.


Entry 9


I heard that sound again last night, I didn’t go out this time. It sounded upset, but how can nothing be upset?


There is was again!


I’m going to look outside


Entry 10


Nothing, again. Maybe the voices have found a new way to screw with me. Maybe I really am insane.


I have been… seeing things lately. I mean, I know they aren’t real. That it’s in my head, but it has been really disturbing. I keep seeing Star Spark’s sister dying. She’s just a little filly and I keep imagining her falling. The bones snapping. Blood pouring. Her heart stops. There’s crying and yelling, for the healer I think. I hear Star Spark’s dad, but he’s quiet. Like the death is killing him instead.


I don’t get it.


I don’t like it.


Entry 11


She died…


She just died.


Did I do it?


Is this my fault?

---------


Vladimir flicked through the pages with his magic, in disappointment he found them blank. Perhaps Star Spark had thrown them down a diamond dog hole like he’d said he would? At that thought the colt laughed slightly, no, not a happy laugh or an annoying one like his sister gave. A laugh of triumph, a laugh that really wasn’t his at all. Not that he noticed.

Vladimir was to caught up in the fact of how this might be the book of his ancestor, the pieces of the puzzle fit. Earth pony that could sense the dead, Star Spark, while being a common name fits right into the story, and the name itself: Grim.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment