• Published 26th Mar 2013
  • 744 Views, 5 Comments

The Big Grim Happy Family - roguesoul



If you thought all ponies were happy, loving, adorable plush creatures that never hated, fought, or did any dirty work; then you are a gullible foal, cause that doesn't come close to the truth.

  • ...
3
 5
 744

Meet the Family

While Applejack and Fluttershy explained the situation to Spike and the other elements, not counting Fluttershy, looked for them did another group of ponies traverse the Everfree forest. Actually many did. Spread all over the forest in groups of two to five they walked, some with carts, but many others had timberwolves carrying their bags and children.

But all these ponies shared one thing in common. They were all special. Sometimes their gifts were good like the ability to sense when something would happen. But most of the time the gifts were less good and more confusing and often very dark. And all had very odd jobs.

They were Grims all of them, everyone except the occasional non-Grim who was drawn in by the mystery and strangness of the family. Like moths to flame they moved, but towards the old ruins near the center of the Everfree forest. At least the part that connected to Equestria. Some even came from beyond Equestria, yet each were connected like a spider web made of blood. For in truth to them blood is thicker then water and each had a bit of blood inside them from the anicient Queen of Equestria, the true ruler; Moonpool. She was mighter than the princesses and kinder too. And yet, only the Grims seemed to remember she ever existed. The story of her had passed many a generation, keeping her spirit alive athough her body long gone.

So on the night before the holiday so many ponies enjoyed did the Grims walk, or be pulled through the Everfree. Except one, one moved through the trees like a cat stalking a mouse her puffy pink mane pressed flat against her neck. She had groucho glasses on and had them poked through a bush as she watched another group of ponies go by. Quietly she whispered to herself, "Itchy back, pinchy knee."

That strange thing is what she said as the group walked by, and of the group one flew by as she tripped over the long woolen cloak she was wearing.

"Twilight," she complained, "Why again do we have to wear these awful robes if we're disguised."

"Because, Rarity it will cover our cutie marks," the once purple unicorn replied for now her coat was a light gray and her mane threes shades of it.

"And were in the enemy's territory now, Rarity," commented Dash who was flying along next to Applejack whom they had found a while back along with Fluttershy. Thankfully they had managed to convince Spike to go home, at least they thought he had gone home. More hoped.

"Rainbow Dash has gotta point, Rarity," said Applejack, "We gotta watch what we say; who knows who could be listening?"

Suddenly all in the group froze. A twig had snapped to the right of them. Fluttershy yeeped and snuck behind Applejack. A pair of eyes opened in the evening shadows that were all over the land and the group fell almost over themselves in fright.Then there was laughter as a pink unicorn mare bounced out of the bushes and was rolling on the ground saying, "You should see the looks on your faces."

"W-h-h-ho are you?" asked Twilight pulling her hood farther down over her face.

"Oh, I'm Pink Mist and I am so excited to have new friends and family. Are you ponies going the the reunion?" she said in a fast and excited Pinkie way.

Reunion, thought Twilight. Must be a way to say a cult meeting.

She pulled back her and hood and replied to the odd pink pony, "Yes we are, are um you?"

"Of course I am," said Pink Mist taking Twilight's hoof to shake along with all the others who had their hoods pulled back. She then contiuned, "It wouldn't be a Moonpool Party without me."

"We're going to a party!" cried Pinkie, who was bouncing up and down with Pink Mist. "I thought this was going to be boring and dangerous, but it is going to be so much fun. Right Tw-"

She was going to say Twilight, but Applejack had shoved her hoof in Pinkie's mouth to keep her from spilling the beans. They were in disguise for a reason.

Obilivious to the silent message sent between the friends Pink Mist contiuned bouncing and said, "Oh, yeah it will be so much fun." She stopped bouncing and moved back towards the bush where she'd come from, grabbing her groucho glasses.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to my friends," and then she turned and vanished into the bush with Pinkie and the girls following in turn.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"And you already know me, I'm Pink Mist if you didn't hear me," as the Bearers and Pink Mist had finally arrived into a clearing with five other ponies.

"It's nice to meet you," said Twilight, "I'm Dusk Shimmer and this is Purity," she said saying Rarity's fake name along with Rainbow Dash's which was Dark Wind, Applejack which was June Bug, Fluttershy which was Moth Wings, and Pinkie Pie who took the name as Rosewood for not even dye could get rid of the pink pigment in her coat though it could turn it a darker shade.

"Well, it is lovely to meet you all, my name is Gossamer," said a white mare and pointing to two ponies who stood next to her, "And these are my sisters Ivy and Nightshade."

The Bearers looked at each ther awkwardly; they were nervous about these ponies and how calm they were about them walking with them the reunion or whatever it was. The only one who wasn't nervous was Pinkie Pie who quickly said, "It is so nice to meet you to I am so excited for the, reunion." And with reunion she winked and smiled back at Twilight who almost facehoofed.

"And I'm Onyx," said a black pegaus in a proud voice that could be compared to Dash's. "Are you coming to the reunion or what?"

"Oh course we are," said Applejack her southern drawl crisp and loud from her "acting" voice. She isn't the best lier if you hadn't guessed.

Before this could be a train wreck, Twilight interceded and said, "I guess we should get going, right gals." She looked back at the girls who nodded.

"They are right," said a quiet gray pony, who the Bearers had just noticed. She had been hiding behind Nightshade.

"Hey do you want to walk with us," said Ivy, the deep green of her mane swishing as she walked forward.

The Bearers looked at eachother. If they went alone , they could risk getting lost. But if they went with these strange ponies, one with whom may have heard who they really were, they may be discovered. But they didn't count for Pinkie.

"Of course we'll walk with you," she said in a bubbly voice and then bounced off with Pink Mist.

"Their almost like twins," Rainbow whispered to Twilight as they sighed and followed after the Grims and the squealing Pink Duo of Delight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vladimer stood over the ponies; the Grims , the family who stood below as he stood on the highest tower of the ancient ruins of Moonpool. The wind blew his black mane back and as he studied the crowd, looking over the old faces of the ancient and the new ones of the young that ran and played. All were here, just like a few years ago when he had been a mindless colt. Now he was illuminated.

He groaned a raised his hoof to rub his head, another headache. Sometimes he really hated his talent; his talent of finding books of those that died long ago, but today he didn't. Today, although the headache was painful, he smiled at it knowing that his gift had led him to his destiny. And he would soon fulfill it. He'd make Vouchie's prophecy come true.

Vladimer had been at her death bed, when her wrinkly old body had heaved and said her final words. He had been only a colt at the time, but having a good memory kept him strong. But at the time her words had been meaningless. Vouckie was known to be a crazy old bat who sputtered strange words and phrases.

She had said in her exotic smooth voice that had never cracked in old age, "To raise the moon before the pool; drop three drops of harmony's blood into the water and wait to bow."

She had repeated, "Do this," and eventually faded into the great sleep in which one never wakes.

At that time Vladimer didn't know what she had meant; blood of harmony, raise the moon. But then one day he got a headache and his horn started to glow. It started pulling him towards the big field outside of his home in Detrot and then pulled him down a Diamond Dog hole. With only his horn to light his way he found his way to a chest. It had been old and practically falling apart. And he opened it. Inside was dead moths and spiders, and a book. With magic he lifted it and read spine of the book, "Diary of Grim." He tucked it into his saddle bag and then his eyes went wide.

Beneath where the book had been was a dagger, sharp and steely as the silver of it was glaring in the golden light of his horn. He looked closer at it, it was inscribed to the old king. To Sombra. His eyes went wide and suddenly there was a burning on his flank and a white light illuminated the cavern. Vladimer blacked out.

When he woke, he was in his room. And on his flank was a silver bolt of lightning coming from a coal black cloud. What it meant he did not know, but he knew his destiny. He would raise the moon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly he leaned farther out the window, casting a small spell to see in the dark. His eyes glowed red and horn aswell. A small voice laughed at the back of his mind. Vladimer pushed the thoughts away and focused. Coming into the clearing was Pink Mist. He sneered, Mommy and Daddy's favorite because her cutie mark made sense. A bomb, with a smile on it. All she could do was spread cheer, create bombs, blahblahblah...

And with her those idiot friends and who was that? Vladimer focused his eyes shining and paranoia rising. They were new and strange, looking around the clearing like they'd entered a madhouse. If everyone was here who were they?

"Spies," hissed the voice in the back of his head. But this time he didn't push it away, he let it fill him and start a spark inside his head. Spies meant they might be discovered, who knows what Celestia might do.

He looked back at them, but they had already disappeared into the sea of ponies.

Author's Note:

Yeah I know lots of fake names and new names so I'll always include in my notes that Twilight is Dusk Shimmer, Rainbow is Dark Wind, Applejack is June Bug, Fluttershy is Moth Wings, Rarity is Purity, and Pinkie Pie is Rosewood.