• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 493 Views, 3 Comments

Indelible Ink - alexisrose1454



Inkie has been having a hard time adjusting to life without her sister, Pinkie, being right by her side. Is there more to Inkie's life than just farming?

  • ...
 3
 493

The Escape

Another uneventful day on the farm. The storm drill is over so it’s just the four of us again. I then think to the colorful pony I met the other day

She said that I reminded her of somepony…

The only ponies I look similar to would be my sisters…

I pondered on that thought for the rest of the work day. Could Rainbow Dash know my sister? Then that brought me to another important point: Pinkie Pie. Before I had time to even think about her, Blinkie and I were called in for dinner. When we gathered at the table, I finally had a chance to think. Dinner that night was grains as well...


~5 years ago~

I look across the table to see a large, pink ball of fluff. That would be my older sister’s new mane style. It got that way at the same time Pinkie got her cutie mark. Since there wasn’t much she could do, Pinkie just brushed it out a bit to make it a bit neater. Tonight Pinkie had the same look that she has had for the past couple of days. It was as if she wants to say something but she can’t really get it out. Mother seemed to have noticed as well.

“Pinkamena,” mother began, “What’s the matter dearie?”

“Well, I, um… Where to start…”

This vague response got the attention of everypony else at the table.

“Okay, I’ll go out and say it! I want to leave!” Pinkie exclaimed as loud as she could

Silence. That was all that followed.

“You want to… leave?” mother replied, eyes wide open

“Well, what I mean is, I don’t want to stay on the farm anymore! I just don’t feel, well, right…”

“What do you mean sis?!” Blinkie blurted out

“I mean that I want to leave the farm. You know, travel around, find my destiny, things like that!”

“B-but Pinkie!” mother exclaimed, “Why would you want to do that? The farm needs you!”

“Mom! Look at my cutie mark!”

Pinkie stood up and revealed her flank for all to see. It was no longer pink and bare. It now bore three balloons, two blue and one yellow.

“Does this look like the cutie mark of a simple rock farmer?!”

Indeed it was anything but. Pinkie then went back to her seat, still making eye contact with mother.

“Pinkie, I understand how you feel but you’re just too young to go out all by yourself let alone living alone! Where would you go? What do you plan to do?!”

“Well, there is a town nearby. You know, the one Granny Pie lived in for a while?”

“You mean Ponyville?”

“Yeah! That’s the place!”

“I don’t know… What do you think dear?”

Just then everypony’s heads turns to our father’s direction. He looked away from us and began to think. After a few “hmms” and grunts, father looked over at mother.

“First I’ll go with Pinkie to Ponyville. After that, we’ll see from there.”

“Oh thank you papa!!” Pinkie exclaimed while jumping to hug father

“I hope you know what you’re doing dear…“ mother added, unsurely

Meanwhile, Blinkie and I were just exchanging looks. Dinner went by in a flash. Before I knew it, we three were already on the way to our room.

“Oh wow! I just can’t wait!!” Pinkie squealed

“But sis!” Blinkie interrupted, “What about the farm?”

Pinkie stopped jumping. She looked at the two of us on the verge of tears. We were about to cry as well.

“What- What about us?” I managed to get out

Pinkie walked up to us and pulled us into a large hug.

“Why now sis? Why now?!” Blinkie blurted, “Why leave now?!”

Pinkie just stayed silent. I don’t blame her though. After all, it must be harder for her than it is for us. We continued to hug and wail until the next work day. Pinkie left for Ponyville the same day.

Author's Note:

Just so you know, we’ll be entering a long flashback later in this chapter. Anyway, it’s time for some progression!


So that’s it for chapter 3!
:D
I think you can tell what’s going to happen next. Anyway, time to work on my other stories. See you next month!

Comments ( 1 )

Maybe in the future I could try to continue this story, if you don't mind Alex , but I will wait 3 more years until then. If you do in fact return during these 3 years Ill shall be off. if not then ill be inspire to make a few chapters for this unique story to continue this genre and hopefully you will return, If you would like.

Login or register to comment