• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 493 Views, 3 Comments

Indelible Ink - alexisrose1454



Inkie has been having a hard time adjusting to life without her sister, Pinkie, being right by her side. Is there more to Inkie's life than just farming?

  • ...
 3
 493

The Storm

Everyday it’s the same routine. Wake up before the sun, eat breakfast with the family, work, lunch break, continue working until Princess Luna brings out the moon, go back home to eat dinner, and then we go to sleep. Not many things change from our day to day lives except for today.

“It looks like the weather team is here pa’!” Blinkie blurted out while pointing at the horizon

Today our field is scheduled for a little storm. As we gathered back towards the house, we were approached by a cyan mare with a rainbow mane.

I haven’t seen that many colors in a long time.

“Hello sir. I take it that you are the owner of this land here?” the weather pony asked

“That is correct. Are you leading this storm here?”

“That’s right! The name’s Rainbow Dash. Sir, I’m going to have to ask you and your family here to take shelter. It might get a bit crazy out here.”

“Thank you ma’am. Come on everypony. Let’s head in now.”

“Alright pa’!” BLinkie blurted once more while following him inside

I stayed out a bit longer to check up on the rocks. While doing so, I noticed that the same weather mare was staring at me. I turned my head to make eye contact with her curious, rose colored eyes.

“Is there a problem ma’am?”

“No. It’s just that, well, how do I say this…”

“What is it?”

“Well, you sort of remind me of a friend I have back home… Well, the hair at least…”

Something about miss Rainbow Dash’s voice sounded serious. I decided to continue with the conversation and pry a bit more.

“And where do you come from? If you don’t mind me asking that is.”

“Well I’m from-”

“Inkie! Get back inside!” Blinkie, once again, blurted out

“Got it sister!” then, turning my attention back to the pegasus, “could we continue talking later?”

“Sure kid. If we see each other later that is.”

I said goodbye to the mare and went back inside to see Blinkie waiting by the door. As I walked back inside I turned my head to watch the weather team do their job. All at once, a multi-colored storm came in: a storm of pegasai. Along with them came multiple storm clouds.

“Hey sis! Doesn’t this remind you of that storm that happened before?”

“When was that?”

“You know, back with Grannie Pie and Pinkimena…”

“Oh right…”


~Ten Years Ago~

*CRASH*

“Gah! Grannnie Pie!!!”

Just then a small, pink filly ran out from under her bed and grabbed onto the nearest body. In the darkness you could barely make out the silhouette of an elderly mare. She had a faded pink coat, much like the young filly beside her, and a powder white mane. Upon her face you would normally see a stern face but now was one of love and compassion. Grannie Pie said that her family founded this farm when she was a filly just like us.

“Now, now, Pinkie. That’s not how you face your fears.”

Pinkie then let go of our grannie and looked up to meet her eyes.

“Then how do we fwace them gwannie?” Blinkie asked, curiously

“Why, just think of something that would make you laugh, of course!”

“Funny? Like what?” Pinkie then asked

“All you need to do is have a good laugh is all.”

“But grannie,” I began, “mama doesn’t like us laughing too much. She says that we need to be serious while working on the farm.”

“Then just laugh when you’re scared or frightened. I’m pretty sure your mother will make an exception for that…”


“I remember now…”

“How do you think Pinkie is doing now sis?”

Silence.

Not one of us said anything after that.

“Girls! Move away from the door. We don’t know how strong this storm will be.”

“Yes mother…” we both answered right away

Rain, rain,

Go away,

Come again some other day…


*RIIIINNNNGG*

“Up! Up! Up!”

I rose my head up slowly from my pillow. I then turned my attention to the window.

Oh. I slept through the storm…


Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Left off a bit, well, vague there but let’s continue with the story!
I don’t own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!


Well, there’s chapter two.
Oh. Dear. God.
This one took me a while. Not to write but to type.
o.o
I have many chapters already written out, I just need to type them out. As for Grannie Pie, I got her description of of some fan art.
-.- So, I’ll see you next chapter then.