• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 1,478 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Zombie: Fearful Fillies - Bronies Zack and Nicos



When a Zombie outbreak comes to Ponyville, a group of fillies, mysteriously left behind in an abandoned Ponyville, must now fight for their lives and find the answers.

  • ...
2
 24
 1,478

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The seven ponies slammed the door shut behind them, bolting the locks in place and trying to once again slow down their rapid breaths.

"I'm really starting to hate these zombies." Scootaloo murmured.

"Tell me about it." Applebloom agreed, panting heavily. She craned her neck and took in her surroundings. Her and her friends had taken refuge inside Ponyville's most renowned bakery.

"Remember when Pinkie Pie used to work here?" Applebloom asked, then wished she hadn't. Pinkie was among the ponies who had just vanished without a trace.

"Yeah." Sweetie Belle answered, but her voice showed what they all felt; loss. "Sugarcube Corner."

Everywhere they looked. Counters and glass displays were empty of confectionery and the shelves were piled high with raw materials, perhaps for further uses.

The seven ponies looked at each other for comfort, realizing that everyone they looked at was scared for their lives, but tried to hide it for the sake of their friends.

"Do any of you know how a zombie is made?" Dinky asked suddenly.

Completely off-guard, no one answered, and started looking at each other for answers.

"I don't think their made, per say." Tornado Bolt piped up. "I mean, they still look like ponies, just like you and me, no matter what state their in."

Several of the others nodded, accepting the idea.

"Say, wasn't their that old mare's tale that said zombies rose from the dead?" Scootaloo said.
Dinky gasped. "Of course! That explains -"

The filly were cut short by a deafening boom and a flash of white light that shone from behind the windows, only to be replaced by a faint red flicker once it had died down.

The ponies ran to the window, jaws dropping in horror.

Converging on their locations were more zombies, about twenty in all, their bodies engulfed in flames. Streaks of fire ran across the street, flowing in random, angular lines of pure flame.

"Celestia's beard, this ain't good." Applebloom muttered.

Having been to Market with Applejack more than once - provided she didn't try any methods to get customers - as well as a day trip to Ghastly Gorge, Applebloom had a basic understanding of the fuel lines that pumped in from the San Palomino desert. Fuels were hardly used in most parts of Equestria, apart from use in cooking or lighting, but a fair amount was still circulated into Ponyville, provided the pipelines were ultra-secure and flame resistant. If the zombies had managed to, Faust Forbid, sever a pipeline, then without constant supervision, gas would continue to flood into Ponyville, where building material still consisted of wood and straw. Applebloom couldn't bear to imagine the when the two were put together.

"We gotta get outta here!" She shouted.

"Understood." Scootaloo said. "But how?"

Applebloom brain went into panic mode. She quickly took in every detail in the room and started formulating an escape route.

"Grab some knives, flashlights and food and get upstairs!" She shouted.

"What?!" Sweetie Belle squeaked, taken completely by surprise.

"Trust me!"

The other ponies exchanged glances, followed the orders then hurriedly scrambled up the staircase. Applebloom grabbed her own supplies and followed, assured by some memory she once deemed insignificant.


"What now?" Shady daze demanded once they were all upstairs.

They were now in the upstairs bedroom, the one that the Cake family leased to Pinkie Pie. Colorful wall paint and various party supplies were masked by the dim light of the outside moon and the flames that were rapidly zipping through the streets.

Applebloom, like her friends, was armed with a hastily packed knapsack, with a nasty-looking butcher knife tucked in the fold of the strap, dashed towards the closet and swung open the doors, pulling out several lengths of rope.

"Tornado. Alula. How are your wings?" She asked, handing them each lengths of rope and a stake.

Tornado test-flapped her appendages. "They can manage. Why?"

Applebloom pointed towards the nearest rooftop.

"That's side on the opposite side of the bakery. The front door's barricaded, so the zombies are gonna have to break in the hard way. Goin' down is out, 'cause there's a gas pipe directly underneath the surface. We need to get onto that rooftop, because there's still a ladder left on it. We can climb down and get a clear run to the train station. We'll use the rope to shimmy across."

Tornado Bolt nodded in understanding.

"Got it." She said firmly.

"Uh, Appplebloom. I..." Alula stammered.

Applebloom could see just how scared the pegasus looked. She clasped her friend's shoulders and looked into her eyes.
"Alula, please, I know you're scared. I'm scared, too." She said with utmost sincerity. "But I need you to be brave. Not just for you, or for us. We'll find everypony. Pinkie promise."

The pegasus nodded, trying to mask her fear.

"Hurry," She urged. 'cause if this town takes up anymore gas, we're all gonna end up barbecued."

Alula and Tornado Bolt pried open the window, forcing it to open. Smoke filled the room, the clogging the lungs of the young ponies. The pegasi shot over to the rooftop, driving the stakes easily into the straw rooftop.

"Quickly!" Tornado bolt yelled, her voice turning raspy. "It's getting hard to breathe!"

Scootaloo took to the rope first, shimmying across the gap, and ignoring the ground fifteen feet below. In no time flat, she had made it across the gap.

Shady Daze gulped and went next. He was slower, but managed to get across.

Dinky Hooves took off the moment Shady Daze was across.

"Faster! The fire's coming this way!" Tornado Bolt yelled.

Applebloom looked down and cringed. Fire was starting to consume nearby houses - easy victims to the rampant flames - and had started edging even closer to their current location.

"Sweetie Belle, go!" Applebloom ordered.

Sweetie Belle, perhaps caught by surprise, jumped and caught the rope before Dinky had made it across. The rope strained, and both fillies yelped as the rope started to dip under the weight. Miraculously, it help, and Dinky jumped over to the next rooftop.

But just when it looked like the group was going to get across safely, Applebloom's ears picked up a sound she'd been dreading.

A low hiss. One that signified a small break in a pipe. And it was in the street right below them.

Time seemed to slow down. The earth pony was vaguely aware of a lightning-fast streak of flame moving impossibly fast in the corner of her eye, surging it's way effortlessly towards the sound of the broken pipe. The flames touched the leaking area, causing the pipe to catch fire, with explosive results.

A column of white hot flames erupted, bursting straight up, and the filly watched in abject horror as it claimed it's first victim.
Sweetie Belle.

End of Chapter 7.

Comments ( 9 )

I hope she activated a force field!:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

An update? :yay::yay::yay:

Poor Sweetie Belle. :pinkiesad2:

2911008

Okay........Whats soon?:rainbowhuh:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair:

Zack! Nicos! Where the hell you been guys? I'm waiting for an update. :pinkiesad2:

uh.....uh.....I don't know what to say.......poor she sweetie belle

Welp, Sweetie Belle's dead. I would normally be happy, but I think she was the only unicorn in the group, and that means no telekinesis or long-range attacks for the survivors. Also, if this story was cancelled, do you mind telling us where all the adults went? Or is this a parody of The Enemy by Charlie Higgson?

R.I.P. Sweetie Belle

Login or register to comment