• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 1,476 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Zombie: Fearful Fillies - Bronies Zack and Nicos



When a Zombie outbreak comes to Ponyville, a group of fillies, mysteriously left behind in an abandoned Ponyville, must now fight for their lives and find the answers.

  • ...
2
 24
 1,476

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Six small ponies peeked out from the door of the school's basement, scanning the immediate area for any oncoming pursuers. The fields and trees between them and central Ponyville looked safe enough, but the darkness of the night shrouded plenty of areas.

"We've gotta get back to Ponyville and warn everypony." Applebloom whispered.

"How can we warn everypony when nopony's there?" Scootaloo whispered back.

Shady Daze, Tornado Bolt and Alula gasped.

"What do you mean there's no one there?" Tornado Bolt whispered, voice quavering.

Applebloom sighed. 'Oh shoot, how did I forget to tell 'em that?' She thought angrily. "When we were there earlier, there was no sign of anypony whatsoever. Everypony just seemed to have vanished." She explained.

"Vanished?!" Alula said in surprise. "How?"

Tornado Bolt hushed her. "We need to stay quiet." Alula nodded guiltily.

"We don't know." Sweetie Belle admitted sadly. "But we'll show you. There really isn't anyone in town."

"How is that even possible?" Shady Daze asked.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were thinking of the same question. Where did everypony go? How had they somehow vanished just like that without a trace? Why hadn't the six of them been taken as well? And what were zombie ponies even doing in Equestria, and how had they come to be? Weren't the zombies just stories told by ponies to scare each other?
The flurry of questions that swam through all of their minds seemed to mock them, as if they knew none of them had answers to their predicament.

For a moment, no one moved. The situation seemed bleak.

We can't give up just yet." Applebloom said, trying to lift everyone's spirits. "There could still be survivors, if not in Ponyville than maybe in the surrounding area."

"But what about the zombies?" Shady Daze asked.

A loud snap in the forest caused the six heads to turn rapidly. It could have easily just been a loose branch falling on it's own, or something was converging on their location.

"Let's head back. We'll worry 'bout them zombies later." Applebloom whispered in a serious, urgent tone. "We need to be as fast and as quiet as possible, and we gotta be alert."

The six young ponies leapt into action, running as fast as they could while trying to keep silent, senses paramount for the world around them.


Mercifully, nothing attacked them as they made their way back to Ponyville, which was still as desolate as it had been before. Apart from the six young ponies, no a single breath or hearbeat could be detected. Everything was so quiet, it created the most eeriest atmosphere any of them had ever felt.

"This feels so weird." Scootaloo noted.

"It's creepy." Sweetie Belle added.

Their footsteps echoed through the silence, the sounds amplified in the cool, night air. The very silence was making the youngsters anxious and paranoid, as if something would appear from nowhere and ambush them.

"Does somepony smell anything?" Shady Daze asked.

Everyone stopped and sniffed. A waft of something foul drifted through their nostrils. It smelled a little like a mix of rotting garbage and burnt meat, but the smell was so far away it had become diluted in the night's air.

Sweetie Belle fought down the urge to panic. To her, it was exactly how she remembered the zombie's smell.

"Guys," She whispered, fear seeping into her voice. "I think that smell might becoming from a zombie."

Instinctively, all six foals backed up and stepped closer to each other.

"Safety in numbers." Tornado Bolt muttered.

"Agreed." Applebloom gulped.

In unison, the six foals walked down the streets, keeping their senses keen for an incoming zombie.

"What do we even do when we see a zombie?" Alula piped up after a short while.

No one had an answer for that question.

"How do we fight somethin' that we thought never existed?" Applebloom asked back.

They all stopped at the sound of shuffling footsteps. Applebloom put her arms out.

"Stop." She whispered to her friends. "We don't know what's comin'."

A Pegasus mare, with a dark brown coat and black mane shambled into view from the shadows of an alleyway. Her wings were crippled and useless, dragging across the ground and kicking up dust. Her eyes seemed decadent, unfocused and lifeless. A barely audible moan was carried on by the wind, as well as the stench of rotting flesh. The six young ponies instantly backed up and tried to stay quiet, not wanting to alert her in any way.

"Another zombie." Scootaloo whispered, tone serious.

Applebloom turned to her friend and signalled her to stay quiet. She watched as the zombie shambled away, not realizing the position of the six foals as they continued to back away.


'Please don't notice us.' Alula hoped, her wings flapping silently with tension. A shiver ran up her body, soon followed by an irritation in her nose.

'Oh no! Not now! Not a sneeze!'

But she could do nothing as a high-pitched outburst of a sneeze shot from her mouth, echoing through the streets of Ponyville.

Her friends turned at her with shock and annoyance. So did the zombie, who stopped in her tracks, turned her neck around in an impossible twist, locked her eyes on them, dropped her jaw, and unleashed a moan from deep within her lungs.

The six ponies trembled with terror, as the zombie started to lumber towards them.

"Run!" Applebloom yelled.