• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 1,477 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Zombie: Fearful Fillies - Bronies Zack and Nicos



When a Zombie outbreak comes to Ponyville, a group of fillies, mysteriously left behind in an abandoned Ponyville, must now fight for their lives and find the answers.

  • ...
2
 24
 1,477

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Nothing seemed to be following the Cutie Mark Crusaders as they sought shelter in their school, right on the outskirts of Ponyville. The three fillies ran inside their classroom and shut the door, making sure that the door and windows were locked.

"Okay, we need a plan." Sweetie Belle piped up.

"Yeah, that would be nice." Scootaloo agreed.

"But we need to know what we might be up against first." Applebloom added.

The other two fillies dropped their heads.

"Oh yeah." Sweetie Belle sighed.

Scootaloo quickly grabbed a stray sheet of paper and a pencil from the nearby tables and quickly drew a sketch of a regular pony. Then she added the details she had seen on the two shambling ponies, including the twisted legs, empty, glassy eyes and the deep moan that came out of their gaping mouths.

Scootaloo couldn't place a name to it, but she knew she had heard of something like that before.

"Do you guys have any idea what this could be?" She said, holding up her sketch.

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle carefully examined their friend's sketch, but both shook their heads.

"No, but it does seem familiar." Sweetie Belle said. She sighed and started tapping her head. "Ugh, I should know what it is!"

"Are we getting amnesia now?" Applebloom asked rather loudly. "Because ain't nothing making sense anymore!"

Before any of them could say anything, a loud crash was heard from underneath them, shaking the classroom in it's place. Stray stationery rattled and vibrated, the classroom itself shuddering violently, threatening to collapse on itself.

"Earthquake!" Sweetie Belle screamed.

Just as suddenly, everything died back down.

"What was that?" Scootaloo asked, her eyes crossed from being shaken.

"I don't know." Sweetie Belle said hesitantly. "But whatever it was, it was coming from the basement."

The three fillies stared at the floor as if it would crack below them.

"Sh...should we go down and look?" Sweetie Belle stammered with fear.

"I don't know." Scootaloo said. "The only way down is through the cellar door outside, and I'm not sure it's safe."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders thought that over, then thought for an alternative plan.

"Wait, there's a second door to get down!" Applebloom remembered. "It's down the hall!"

Her two friends perked up at the idea. "Alright, but let's stay quiet." Sweetie Belle whispered. "I have a weird feeling that somepony or something is watching us."

The three nodded in agreement, then set out down the hall.

The second door to get to the basement was much smaller that the main cellar door on the outside. If anything, the door seemed like more of a chute, as it was barely wide enough for the fillies.

"On three, we'll all go down." Applebloom said. "One...two..."

A loud smash was followed by frantic footsteps and a bloodcurling scream. It was coming from the basement. Instinctively, Applebloom opened the chute's wooden door and dove inside.

"Applebloom!" Scootaloo called. The pale yellow earth filly barely heard her friend's shout as she crashed, mercifully, into a stack of tied hay below her. She shook herself and gasped at what was happening in front of her.

There were four figures, two Pegasus fillies and an earth colt, panting heavily with a horrified look in their eyes, staring down at an unmoving body of a red unicorn mare, her head caved in near the back of her head, her eyes open and dead, the flesh around her hooves and mouth decaying rapidly. The entire room smelling like rotten meat, and it was covered in wreckage of printing presses, a wooden table split in half, strewn hay everywhere, and most disturbingly, smears of blood on the soft ground beneath their hooves.

"What have we done?" gasped one of the Pegasus fillies, who had a pale yellow coat, a light violet mane and cobalt blue eyes that were welling up with tears.

The colt next to her, who was light, grayish-blue with a dark blue mane put a hoof on her shoulder and tried to comfort her.

"It's okay, Alula." He said, trying to keep his own voice from trembling with shock. "You didn't mean for it to happen." His blue eyes were reflecting his sadness and shock.

"Don't worry, no one else will know." Said the other Pegasus, who had a light, sapphire, bluish-gray coat and a light, graying indigo mane.

Applebloom's nose itched, and before she knew it, she let out a sneeze which echoed around the basement.

The three young ponies turned around in surprised fear, but relaxed when they saw Applebloom.

"Alula? Shady Daze? Tornado Bolt?" Applebloom asked, astonished. "What are you three doing here?" She then saw the unmoving corpse, and regretted asking.

Alula whimpered. "We're sorry." She whispered softly, filled with regret and grief. "We came down here because Shady Daze knows how to use use the printing press, and we wanted to copy some family photos." She coughed, tears dripping from her eyes. "But then that unicorn crashed through the door and the room started to shake. We tried to hide, we tried to get her to stop, but she kept walking towards us, snapping her teeth. We were so scared..." Her voice cracked, and she collapsed, burying her face in her hooves.

The other Pegasus, Tornado Bolt, gave Alula a hug and tried to soothe her.

"The Unicorn grabbed her and made her scream." The earth colt, Shady Daze, continued. "She was about to bite her when me and Tornado broke the printing press and kicked loose pieces at her. We only wanted her to let go of Alula, but one of my pieces hit her in the back of the head and broke her skull, and she collapsed."

"We're really sorry." Tornado Bolt said.

"It's alright." Applebloom promised, smiling kindly. "I won't tell nopony, promise."

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo appeared by her side. They saw the corpse and gasped, Sweetie Belle covering her mouth.

"It's another one." Scootaloo breathed.

"What do you mean 'it'?" Tornado Bolt asked, astounded.

Applebloom quickly relayed the story to her friends, who listened carefully with fear etched into their expressions.

Scootaloo cleared her throat. "I mean, the pony wasn't alive when it attacked you." She explained. "We can't explain why, but it's like she's dead, yet alive."

"Like a zombie?" Shady Daze asked, disbelief written across his face.

A light went on inside the head of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the sudden realization hitting them like a train.

"That's it!" Applebloom said. "Zombies! That's what that is? I can't believe we didn't think about it!" She pointed to the dead body.

Everyone else was astounded. "But aren't zombies just make believe?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yeah, just pony tales made to frighten everypony?" Scootaloo added.

Applebloom shook her head. She looked at the unmoving unicorn, a shiver going down her spine. "Apparently," She swallowed, then stared outside through the broken cellar door. "...it's more real than we think."