• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 745 Views, 3 Comments

Breaking Chains...... - graphicalerror



Malcolm, A young man wakes up one morning to find his world is not all it seems to be.......

  • ...
11
 3
 745

It is all a lie.....

I groggily sat up in my bed and stared blankly into space for a few minutes as my mind adjusted to being awake again. Not even a full sixty seconds pass by before my alarm clock goes off with it’s morning routine of being an annoying piece of necessary junk.

I sighed as I slid off of my bed onto the floor. “Yah yah i’ma coming.” I say under my breath as I crossed the room to my dresser which housed my alarm clock, a few other trinkets of mine as well as some of my cloths.

I slapped my hand down onto the anti-sleep device shutting it up quickly filling my room with a certain palpable silence that one can normally only find in the void of space. You know that sort of time in the morning when absolutely nothing happens leaving a void of sound so quiet it’s loud? Yeah that kind of morning.... peaceful.

Too peaceful.... Way WAY too peaceful.

I walked over to my bedroom window to get a feel for the morning and also figure out why I can’t hear the normal hustle and bustle of people going to there respective jobs or appointments for the day. I threw open the window blinds to see....



Nothing, absolutely nothing.

I rubbed my and reopened them still, nothing just a empty black void in place of the world I once knew. I took a few pensive steps back bumping into the side of my bed and sitting down without taking eyes off of the endless sea of nothingness beyond my window.

“My oh my what have we here?” A female’s voice sounded throughout the defining silence causing me to stand up off of the bed and spin around to locate the source of the echoing voice.

“Do my eyes deceive me, or are they quite clear?” The voice rhymed as I looked around my room trying to see where it was coming from, without any luck however

“A Human! My eyes do show, trapped and alone with no space to roam.”

Giving up on trying to find any sort of speaker or sound system for the voice to come from I just looked to the ceiling and shouted. “Who are you?” However the she didn’t noticeably respond to my voice and just kept rhyming.

“With no companion I see, the last of his kind surly.”

“What do you mean last of my kind? I saw tons of people yesterday!” I responded getting a bit peeved at the voice.

“As he dreams the world turns by, never knowing it is all a lie.”

“W-what are you talking about!?” A lump formed in my throat as I continued listening to the disembodied voice echoing around me.

“It is time to hear the final hurrah from the species long forgotten by all”

“The hell it she talking about ‘forgotten by all’ what is that supposed to mean?” I mumbled to myself.

“Now, awaken young son of man, for the end of your seamless slumber is at hand. Hmm hmmhmm” She spoke with more force in her voice as if stating a command and ending in a feminine chuckle.

At first nothing happened, then the room around me started shaking as if in an earthquake, causing me to stagger and loose my balance. All of a sudden the room began to fall away into the endless void starting from the corners of my room and slowly making it’s way to the center where I stood. As it inched closer and closer it became painfully clear, I was royally screwed.

Soon all that was left was a two by two square of floor left where I stood and is thankfully where the floor ceased it’s dissent into nothingness.

“Oh thank god it stopped” I sighed, letting out the breath I didn’t know I was holding.

“Yet he still clings to his fantasy? Finding simple comfort in a familiar lie rather an unknown reality.”

“What is with all this rhyming?” I mutter disbelievingly to myself looking down at the small square of what was once my room..... or rather my world it seems.

‘But, what if I really am just dreaming. It makes sense, none of this can be real, right? I mean come on the ENTIRE PLANET IS GONE FOR PEETS SAKE! Nothing is left, not even the stars....’

I look back down at the small platform keeping me from falling into the unknown just in time to notice that it started to crumble and fall however at a much slower pace.
“WHAT? NO STOP!”

However this time it did not let up and continued on in it’s slow disintegration.

‘This is it.’ I thought to myself as I stole myself to jump rather than wait out the inevitable in utter terror.








And I fell into nothing.








At first I screamed as the sense of falling overwhelmed me even though there was no wind to be felt, just falling.

I heard the voice speak one last time. “You’ve made the right choice......finally.”

The next thing I knew I got the feeling of being dumped into water and I held my breath as I struggled to find the surface but it never came and I quickly ran out of breath my mouth gaping open only to be filled with......air?

‘H-how can i be breathing underwater?’ I thought as I struggled to see anything in the inky blackness, still nothing.

I began to swim “up” as best as I could given the circumstances it felt like hours until I gave up, there was no way to tell the difference between up or down here with no light and so I waited.

Around ten or so minutes of drifting later I felt my head break suffice somehow followed by an odd feeling of being “lifted” from the water without anything touching me.

The sound of a pressure door opening with a hiss filled my ears as well the sense of moving forward and stopping shortly after.

Then I felt something remove itself from my face (namely my mouth and nose) that I did not know was there originally leaving me horribly confused still not being able to see any of this happen around me. Following soon after was the sensation of something being pulled out of my throat causing me to cough violently from the sensation of it all.

Soon after I felt something BIG release itself from my back causing me to make a very short but unexpected drop to the floor coughing all the way and collapsing onto the ground.

The ground felt uneven and coarse like tree bark nothing like the carpet or linoleum of my house. ‘where am I and why can’t I see?’ were just a few of the many things going through my mind right now as I shakingly got to my hands and knees.

I then felt something new something being removed from my face with an audible *click* the sound of it echoing throughout the room as It fell from my eyes and landing on the root covered floor of a dimly lit room.

I coughed a few more times, my throat still feeling rather coarse from having something removed from it.

I then heard what sounded like a couple pairs of high heel shoes approach me from my front stopping just a few feet in front of me.

I slowly looked up from the futuristic viser like device on the floor beneath me up to where I heard what sounded like the clip-clop of high heels.

Only to come face to face with the oddest looking horse I have ever seen, it had massive green eyes, a white mane with a brown coat, and a muzzle much too short for a horse and, was it smirking?

All of a sudden it’s forehead started to glow a brilliant green startling me. I tried to say something on the lines of ‘Holly hell!’ or ‘What the crap’ but all that came out was a hoarse sputtering cough (pun not intended).

I look back up to the, unicorn I guess, now that I see the horn on it’s forehead. And see a bright blue flower get enveloped in the same green glow get pulled off of it’s head and float in front of it.

The unicorn then begin whispering to the flower. WHISPERING AS IN IT JUST SPOKE!
Getting startled again I broke into another coughing fit god I am getting sick of that I need some water or my throat. I look back in time to see it quickly swipe the flower across my face just under my nose.

Startled I fall on my butt start scooting back bumping into a wall behind me stopping me in my tracks.

The next thing I know I start to get extremely sleepy, and I began panicking there is just too much going on for my mind to comprehend right now.

‘What the hell is going on what did it just do to me? I need to..... I need to sleep.... NO! Can’t sleep now I’ve got a unicorn or whatever in front of me who probably just drugged me for all I know! I’ve never seen a flower like that before for all I know it could be killing me on the inside or....... maybe I should take a nap.’

‘No.... need to stay awake need to....... maybe I should take care of it later...’

‘Have to fight it have to......’

‘I can’t give.....’

‘sleep’

The last thing I saw was the unicorn slowly approaching me as I drifted into a dreamless slumber.

Author's Note:

And first chapter down hopefully this won't be a total flop well thanks for reading It is much appreciated please comment and give me feed back so this story and myself can grow to better things.

Until next time dear readers: GraphicalError out!

Comments ( 3 )

Lets see wut the nxt chapter holds before i deside sall we?

beautiful:yay::twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment