• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 791 Views, 19 Comments

Dinky's letters to Celestia - FluttershyButterfly



Dinky's letters to Celestia about her new role as a bearer of an Element of Harmony

  • ...
1
 19
 791

Letter #2

Dear Princess Celestia,

It's me again, Dinky! So, last time I ran out of paper before I could finish the story. So now I'll finish it!

Okay, so I had decided to carry out my plan without telling the others so that Sweetie wouldn't be so sad about not finding the bearers. Of course, the first problem I encountered with my plan was that you had the Elements locked up in your castle. No problem, I'd just "borrow" them!

So I put on a ninja mask because ninjas are awesome, then I got on a train for Canterlot. A lot of ponies in the train stared at me kinda funny, but I don't get why. Oh, wait, it was probably because I was dressed like a ninja-pony. Anyway, when we got to Canterlot, I got out of the train and got in full spy mode, complete with a trench-coat and Groucho Marex glasses! Wait, I was already wearing a ninja suit, I was mixing up disguises. Oh well, three disguises is better than one!

So I sneaked to the palace, where I was confronted with a problem. There were guards everywhere! I face-hoofed and reminded myself that one does not simply trot into the Royal Castle. So, I went around the city gathering supplies, and when I finally had all the stuff, I made a parachute! I was going to parachute down into the Castle from an overhanging tree-branch! So I got my parachute, which I had nicknamed Archibald by then, then I scurried up the tree to the overhanging branch and parachuted down!

Yeah, the plan would have worked better if the Castle didn't have a roof. It did, though, so then I decided to just teleport inside instead. I know what you're thinking, the Castle has anti-teleportation spells on it, but Twilight had taught me how to teleport past those with a special spell! Twilight was the best, I thought to myself as I teleported into an empty storeroom near where the Elements of Harmony were kept.

I peeked my head out the door of the storeroom and gasped. There were guards guarding the Elements of Harmony! I started to come up with a plan before I remembered, I can just teleport so I'm right next to the Elements! So I tried to, but then I got knocked back by a super-strong force field around the Elements!

Okay, now I was seriously in trouble. All the guards had surrounded me, and it looked like there was no way I could get out, since they had made a second, stronger magic force-field around me! I sheepishly scrambled to my feet and asked them if there was any chance they could let me borrow the Elements?

Yeah, they said no. Just then, though, Sweetie Belle and the rest came running inside with you, Princess Celestia!

"Dinky, whatever possessed you to try and carry out your plan?" Sweetie groaned.

"Uh..." I eloquently said.

"We figured since we couldn't find you in Ponyville, you must have come here to try out your plan!" Scoot cried, obviously proud of her logic.

"Uh..." I repeated.

Then you, Celestia, said, "Dinky, why are you here? Sweetie Belle and the rest just told me that they thought you were here, then they insisted on coming here immediately to make sure you were okay."

"To steal the Elements of Harmony?" I lamely said.

"But whyever would you want to do that?!" Celestia said.

"Because Sweetie wanted to find te bearers herself so she could make sure they were nice ponies, but she couldn't so I decided to find them for her!" I blurted.

You smiled and said, "When did I ever say you couldn't just ask to help find the bearers?"

We all gaped at you. "Wait, seriously?" Pip said.

"Yes! But I think it's unfortunately a bit too late for that, since I have already found bearers." You smiled again.

Sweetie cried, "Wait, what?! Well are they at least ponies that my sis would approve of?!"

"Yes, I think that she would very much approve of them." You said, looking at Sweetie Belle. "Now, Sweetie, would you please step forward for a second?"

Sweetie stepped forward uncertainly. "Um, okay? Why?"

You levitated the Element of Magic out of the force field. "I believe that you and your friends are the bearers."

This time we all cried, "Wait, what?!"

You just reached for the other elements with your magic and laid them on our heads. I suddenly felt the strangest bursting sensation inside of me, as I lifted slightly of the floor. I felt like I could laugh forever and the whole universe would laugh with me and everypony would be happy again!

As I slowly returned to the floor, I noticed that my friend's were doing the same thing. The elements on them had each changed to match their cutie marks.

You looked at us and said, "Sweetie Belle. You may not know it now, but you have much magic inside your heart. You are the Element of Magic," then you turned to Apple Bloom and said, "Apple Bloom. Even though you are often busy, you are always willing to give time up to help your friends. You are the Element of Generosity," then you turned to Pipsqueak and said, "Pipsqueak. You are always willing to listen to other ponies' problems and help them through it. You are the Element of Kindness," then you turned to me and said, "Dinky Hooves, you are always trying to make everypony smiling and happy. You are the Element of Laughter," then turned to Babs and said, "Babs Seed, you may appear rude at first, but once you become friends with a pony, you never let them down, you are the Element of Loyalty," then finally you turned to Scoot and said, "Scootaloo, you always tell the truth, no matter how hard it may be. You are the Element of Honesty."

We all ran and hugged each other, and everypony was really happy. I even ran up to you and hugged you, saying, "Thanks so much! This is so awesome and fun! You're not going to get me in trouble for trying to steal the Elements, right?" I grinned at you.
You just chuckled and hugged me back. Then, we all threw a huge party with lots of muffins to celebrate that we had found out we were the new bearers!

Anyways, after all that stuff, we headed back home to Ponyville. I smiled to myself as I thought of all the stuff that had happened today, and now, with us as bearers, what could possibly go wrong?

Bye for now,

Dinky Hooves

Author's Note:

I know this chapter isn't all that well-written, but, hay, do you really expect Dinky to write well? Oh, and yes, I did mean to spell it "Groucho Marex."

Comments ( 12 )

Nice, but two things. What is Babs' element, and are you sure Scoots isnt the element of honesty? :ajsleepy::scootangel:

Great story though, keep it up! :pinkiehappy:

love it GO DINKY GO! GO DINKY GO! GO DINKY GO! GO DINKY GO! GO DINKY GO! I am chanting for dinky because she is the new me.

2084309 Oh, oops! Sorry, I fixed it. :twilightblush:

Dats Sparkler, not Dinky...

2084309
Babs is the Element of Boston Accent and scouting. Nuff said.

2086010 Nope, it's Dinky all grown up. Sparkler looks much different, actually.

There are some plotholes in this story, but nobody expects a comedy fic to be completely logical.
Making an entire new scenario, using background characters that we know virtually nothing of and making them the most important ponies in Equestria? Ambition suits you well. And you handle it well.
TBH I have absolutely no idea where you could possibly continue with this fic. It seems so complete to me right now. Well, I'll just have to wait and see, won't I?
Also

Just then, though,

Only the latter comma should be there. That was the only mistake I found.

2088489 Thanks! To be honest I'm not quite sure where to go with this fic either, but I'm thinking of doing it sort of like the MLP episodes? Dinky has a new adventure, learns a lesson, tells the story to the Princess.

2086276
I was referring to the cutie mark.

2089607 Oh, okay! (In my headcanon Dinky's cutie mark is actually a muffin, but I'm too lazy to draw a cover pic with that as her cutie mark.)

AND THEN THE WORLD BLEW UP

Cute story!

So I'm just guessing but Dinky is The Element of Magic, Apple Bloom is Honesty, Scotaloo is Loyalty, Sweetie Belle is Generosity, Babs is Kindness and Pip is Laughter.

You probably said all that in the story but I haven't read it yet so that ^ seems right to me. :derpytongue2:

EDIT: Wow. I have never been this wrong in my life. Oh well!

Login or register to comment