• Published 1st Feb 2013
  • 956 Views, 12 Comments

Creating the impossible - theunknownuniverse



A story about a changeling, ponies and some very unexpected events.

  • ...
2
 12
 956

Late for the party (part 2)

Strider began to open his eyes surveying his surroundings. He was back in the living room on his couch with a worried Derpy and Dinky beside him.

"Strider! Your awake after the accident!" Dinky smiled at Strider feeling happy that Strider wasn't hurt.

"Yea... I'm having Deja vu of waking up on this couch after falling unconscious.So what happened this time?" Strider asked.

"During your game of hide and go get a concussion, one of the boxes on top of my shelf hit you on back of your head and you landed straight onto the metal railing at the edge of my bed." Derpy explained. One of her eyes began to tilt up to the top left corner of her eye socket but Strider was fine with it as he had got used to the sight.

"Luckily, your not hurt and there's no bruise on your head." Dinky chimed in straight after Derpy finished.

"At least something goes right for me. So are we gonna go out now or?" Strider slowly lifting himself of the couch and stretching out his stiff neck.

"Yea, oh by the way, I got a special surprise for you on the way." Derpy started to smirk trying to hide her excitement.

"It isn't another cupcake is it? Because I'm still waiting for the surprise from the first one..."

Derpy and Dinky looked to each other and giggled sharing their own private joke that Strider had no clue about.

"Oh no. It's a good surprise that I think you will enjoy"

"We'll see about that...." Strider muttered under his breath.

(15 minutes later.....)

"So, what is this surprise?" Strider questioned Derpy in hope for any answers to this "surprise."

Derpy just winked at Strider and told him "It's a secret. You'll have to wait until we get there."

Strider could have easily just looked into Derpy's eyes and probe her mind for what the secret was. Changelings did this so when they took on the disguise of someone, they would know who that pony was and other things. Strider decided not to as he wanted to be surprised about the secret but his curiosity was getting the better of him. Not only that but his stomach was beginning to churn and rumble, not out of hunger but something he had eaten...

"Oh yea Strider, I need to drop in on that house there to get something from a friend."

"Alright. What is it?"

"Oh just a package..." Derpy lied. Strider picked up on this lie easily as one, Derpy's job was to deliver mail even if it men't her own and two. Derpy couldn't keep a straight force even if her life depended on it.

Strider and Derpy walked up to the house which was built into a tree lush and green. There was a balcony near the branches and a number of windows sticking out of the tree. Inside the lights were off but Strider could make out a table with some plates on and a number of shelves circling the room. There was a second floor dug into the back of the tree with another window and a bed beside a small bed designed for a cat. Why the lights were off Strider had no idea but he could hear voices inside whispering. Strider felt a chill down his spine believing this was a trap and that they knew he was a changeling. Would Derpy deceive him like this? It didn't seem right but when your known as the biggest threat to all of Equestria, you never drop your guard down.

"just go in. She's expecting us anyway." Derpy told Strider. Strider took note on when she said us as it meant Derpy had told her he was coming with her or it was planned he came. Either way, it didn't help Striders doubts.

Strider grabbed onto the wooden door handle and savored his last moments before this Surprise would greet him straight on.

The door slowly lurched forward creaking at every second, all it did was add more tension to the already nervous Strider.

"SURPRISE!" A massive uproar came from the house ringing into Striders ears causing him to jump and freeze for what seemed like forever and a giggling Derpy behind him. His heart dropped from relief removing all his fears that they knew his secret.

The lights switched on and Strider could see clearly everything in the room. The shelves were lined with book after book all variety of colors. There was a white banner hanging down from the ceiling by two tiny strands of black string saying the words Welcome To Ponyville!

"So its a welcome party" Strider sighing a breath of relief.

"Yup. We hope you like Ponyville and decide to stay!" A pony shouted near the corner of the room. It was Pinkie who was now trying to hop her way infront of the crowd and to Strider.

"Oh, its you again Pinkie." Strider now calming down from the surprise but still worried. A changelings objective is to be stealthy and keep a low profile, instead Strider was now at the center of attention of the whole town. He would have to leave sooner than he thought so he wouldn't blow his cover...

"As one of the first Ponies to say this." Pinkie began to grin from one corner of her cheek to the other. "Welcome to Ponyville!"

"Thanks Pinkie, but you didn't have to do all this for me." Strider hiding his sadness and anger towards Pinkie for destroying his chance to stay in Ponyville for just a tiny bit longer.

"No problem! Besides I love parties and cupcakes. But do you know what I love the most?" Pinkie asked Strider making her voice louder to beat the music from the party that had just started.

"No what?" Strider inquired, willing to go along with Pinkie's question.

"Parties with cupcakes!" Pinkie screamed almost deafening Strider. Derpy just chuckled and started to push herself between Strider and Pinkie.

"Strider. I think you might want to meet some of my friends who are also Pinkies."

"Urr sure?" Strider cautious as a friend of Pinkies could only mean more trouble for Strider.

Derpy and Pinkie lead Strider to a group of five ponies all laughing and giggling.

The first one to notice Strider was a lavender colored horse and had a big star with a few little ones on her flank along with a purple stripe in her hair and tail. the rest of her hair was dark purple and reached down to the bottom of her neck. Her eyes matched the same color of her body. She was a unicorn just like one other in their group. The other unicorn had white fur and a violet colored tail and hair which was styled in some sort weird fashion. The mark on her flank was some gems with a light blue color.

"Oh hi there Derpy and Pinkie. Who's your friend?" The purple mare asked.

"Twilight this is Strider." Derpy turned her head from the mare and to Strider. "Strider, this is Twilight Sparkle. She is a student of princess Celestia and has helped the town out a lot!" Derpy stepped back and waited for the two to greet each other.

Perfect. A student of the royal family living in this town and most likely ordered to keep a eye out for any changeling sightings or activity. The way things were going, it was almost as if he was men't to leave town.

"Nice to meet you Twilight." Strider smiled hoping not to start a long conversation which would just add more attention to him.

"Hello Strider! It's nice to meet you now, after everything Pinkie said about you." Twilight then did a quick observation of Strider noticing he was a alicorn.

"Wait. You're a alicorn?!" Twilight gasped excited to see someone like her mentor.

"Yea. I'm not royalty or anything, I guess its just something in my genes...." Strider replied making sure Twilight didn't think he had any big connections. When in disguise, you want to make sure your not connected to anyone so if people start digging into your story. They have little to dig up.

"Oh. I've never seen a normal alicorn before but anything can happen." Twilight dropping her smile a tiny bit upset that Strider wasn't connected to Celestia in anyway.

"I learnt that when I met them." Twilight pointed around the circle that was their group.

"This is Rarity" Twilight introduced Strider to the other unicorn with white fur

"It is such a pleasure to meet you darling." Rarity had a posh accent and seemed to be one of those ponies you would find in Canterlot rather then here. It did explain her fashion style of her hair though.

"Nice to meet you Rarity" Strider smiled at Rarity but was met back with a wink.Strider thought it would be best just to ignore Rarity as much as he could. He did hate Canterlot type from what they did to his people along with everything his queen had told them about the ponies from Canterlot.

Twilight then showed Strider another one her friends in the circle.

This pony wasn't a unicorn but a pegasus and had a yellow fur and long pink hair reaching down to her knees almost. she had three butterflies on her flank and seemed to be trying to push herself out of the group as soon as Strider got to her.

"Hello there. I'm Strider as you already know, so you are?" Strider asked hoping she might be almost normal or have nothing Strider had issues against or could be a threat.

The mare opened her mouth but now words came out. Strider repeated his question and this time, the mare was a tiny bit louder. It was still only a whisper though.

"Could you speak a bit louder please? I'm sorry but I can't hear you." Strider was growing impatient now understanding what her trademark in his list of problems was. She was shy around strangers and very, very timid. At least she wouldn't try and talk to Strider as much as the others would.

"I'm sorry. My names Fluttershy. It... It's nice to meet you Strider." Fluttershy slowly began to smile but was still obviously nervous.

"Well its nice to meet you Fluttershy." Strider could only imagine how much better the other two could get if the first 3 were already perfect...

Strider then turned to the fourth pony in the group skipping Twilight's introduction and hoping this one might be less of a problem for Strider. The fourth pony was also a pegasus and had a light blue fur and her hair was colored like a rainbow. Strider already guessed this was going to be as good as the last one if someone was this "Creative." her mark on her flank was a white cloud with a lightning bolt coming out of it but it was the color of her hair. Her eyes were dark pink and almost red which did seem odd, almost as if they were bloodshot.

Before Strider could open his mouth asking for her name. The mare interrupted and began to speak.

"The names Rainbow Dash and I already know who you are. Now listen, i'm the best flyer around her and no new guy is gonna take that from me!" Strider confused by what she meant but the final pony shoved Rainbow Dash out the way before Rainbow Dash could explain herself.

"Sorry about her. She's just mad and all that you took down that manticore in Everfree forest and showed off ya fancy flying skills." This pony had a western accent and seemed to be much more calmer then Rainbow Dash. She was a earth pony like Pinkie Pie but wore a dark brown cowboy hat over her head which covered most of her blonde hair. She had a orange fur and the weird mark on her flank was three red apples. Strider guessed she must be the owner of the farm on Ponyville known for their apples. Sweet apple acres Strider remembered what Derpy had called it from his tour of the town.

"The names Apple Jack and pleasure to meet ya!" Apple Jack held out her hand to shake. Strider reached out and took hold of Apple Jacks hand. He was surprised by how well Apple Jacks firm grip was and even more surprised when she started shacking his arm like a rag doll.

"If ya need apples, apple cider, apple crumble, apple pie, apple juice or anything apple related. Just come down to my farm and I'll hook ya right up." Apple Jack let go of Striders hand and it fell limp to the floor.

"Why thanks but, your a bit to kind to a stranger like me." Strider said recovering from his dead hand.

"Stranger? You saved Dinky from that evil monster!" Rarity blurted out.

"Yea but, still. He was only looking for food to eat and we were just unlucky to be there." Strider defending the manticore because it wasn't exactly the beasts fault.

"I sure hope he's ok out there injured." Fluttershy replied.

"He got what he deserved! Besides if I was there, I would have made him wish he never ever crossed with Rainbow Dash!"

"Yea we know Rainbow, we know." Apple Jack muttered under her breath.

"Anyway, the whole reason of this party is so your not a stranger!" Twilight dropping the conversation of the manticore.

"I guess so." Striders stomach began to rumble, not out of hunger but it felt like something was trying to burst out of his chest. He began to feel hot and sweaty almost panting. His face turned bright red and you could almost see steam coming from his ears.

"Strider are you ok?" Rarity looked at Strider confused about what was happening to him. Pinkie and Derpy just stood back and looked at each other giggling knowing exactly what was happening.

"hot, hot, hot,hot!" Strider screamed, he was scared because he didn't know what was happening to him and had no idea what going on.

He turned and galloped to the closest table with a punch bowl on it and slurped the whole bowl down while the ponies around him watched him with a look of confusion.

"And that would be the special part in the cupcake!" Derpy told the group. They all burst out laughing while Strider mumbled and muttered under his breath almost every curse word known to man about Pinkie.

Derpy walked up to Strider and patted him on the back while Strider panted and shoved some Ice cubes in his mouth.

"Its ok Strider. It's just the special part in Pinkie Pie's cupcake.

"Remind me, never to have a cupcake again. From now on its muffins and nothing else!" Strider trying to calm himself from his anger towards Pinkie.

"Don't worry. Your not the first to end up like this, when Twilight first came here, she took a bite out of one and in the first minute of eating it. She light up like a match!" Derpy explained to Strider hoping to calm him down because it was obvious from the look on his face he was mad at Pinkie.

"Oh well then. I guess its just water under the bridge now." Strider sighed tired of surprises. He was also trying to think how he would explain to Derpy that he had to leave. He would never tell Derpy the truth as he wanted Derpy to remember him for good and not for what he had done in the past. It was a upsetting thought leaving behind his new friends but the hive was his family. He had to go to them soon. He hoped his sister had made it and was somewhere outside the Canterlot walls preparing for a raid on the castle to rescue the queen. She was the only one Strider really liked. His whole life, his sister was the only one he bonded with.

"Lets get back to the group and just enjoy the rest of tonight. Ok?" Derpy asked Strider noticing his face had turned from anger to concerned.

"Sure. Might as well. After all, it is a party for me."

And with that, Strider and Derpy turned from the table and headed back to the group.

(After the party)

Strider and Derpy were walking out of the tree house which Strider had learnt was Twilights house from a interesting conversation about Ponyville and it's history.

"So. What do we do now?" Asked Strider.

"Well I did mean it when I said we would go check the store out. But, I need the key first."

"Aren't they asleep?"

"Na, they were at the party so I doubt they will be asleep." Derpy explained. "We'll meet up again outside the store. So see you in a bit!" Derpy then turned and headed down the street.

Strider had forgotten most of the way to the store and had to rely on remembering the streets name which the store was on.
After a few wrong turns and asking for directions from the occasional wandering pony, Strider had finally found the shop.

"Great... Now where's Derpy?" Strider was surprised that Derpy hadn't made it here first as he got lost twice.

Suddenly, in one of the alleyways on the street, Strider could see a figure leaning out watching him closely but quickly ducked behind the wall when he noticed the figure.

"Hello?" Strider shouted towards the alleyway. "Is there anything I can help you with?" Strider didn't feel right about this, not just the fact that there was a creepy figure staring at him in a alleyway at the middle of the night. But why the mysterious figure would be watching him. Strider carefully approached the alleyway jumping back whenever he heard the slightest noise.

A number of thoughts went through Striders head. It could be another changeling mistaking him for a wandering pony that could be used for a disguise. Somewhere in Striders head, the thought hit him it might be the manticore that he fought in Everfree forest. Tracked him all the way down to Ponyville desperate for the taste of revenge. Strider had had nightmares of that beast when they were in the air and fighting.

"Come out now!" Strider said into the empty alleyway except for two bins at the side of the wall and a balcony coming out of the building on the right.

Nothing replied nor came out of the shadows just increasing Striders fear that it was something dangerous. Strider took a few steps into the alley until he heard the sounds of something landing behind him with a thud. Strider quickly turned to see what was now behind him. All that was there was a blue box wrapped up with a yellow bow.

"What the...?" Strider said. Suddenly Strider could hear footsteps above him from the balcony. He turned to look up and saw the dark shaped figure once again but now clear under the pale moonlight.

"Its you!?" Strider gasped. The dark figure jumped off the balcony and down at Strider.......

Comments ( 2 )

so the doctor finally makes an appearance? XD

Are you going to continue this story at some point?

Login or register to comment