• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 463 Views, 14 Comments

xCrossx_DaPony - xCrossx



When a brony writer wakes in a world he could never fit into, he must make a lonely compromise that may drive his insanity over the edge.

  • ...
17
 14
 463

Waking Up In a Different World

Waking Up In a Different World

"This is not my bed..."

The bright sunlight drags my conciousness out of the blissful world of sleep. I groan, which turns into a yawn, feeling my body ache. My legs are stretched straight back, my torso twisting to be more facedown, my arms reaching outwards and my cheek resting on... grass.... "This is not my bed..." I mutter, feeling very unusual but not able to put my finger on it. I crack my eyes open and see something blurry on my nose-

I leap to my... hooves, staring at myself for a second. I'm tannish, like my skin was when I was human, and I feel a bit tall but not strong in the slightest. Just like before. I crack my neck side to side, making a black strand of hair fall over my eyes. By the new sense on my neck, I have decently long hair for a guy. I rub my hoof under my chin, wondering how I ended up here, and realize I have lost all my facial hair except the good bit on my chin, which still curls around it neatly.

I notice the bright color of the green grass softly waving around my hooves, snapping me back to why I jumped to my hooves in the first place. I gaze out off the hill I'm on, spinning in place until my eyes alight on what I knew had to be here: the small town of Ponyville. I have left the human world and entered the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic world. How the Hell did this happen?

Bah, whatever! I get comfortable in my new form as I walk down the hill and between the colorful houses that are a mix between average modern housings and Medieval cottages. I watch the colorful ponies around me, each of them doing something or going somewhere this late morning.

I notice a very familiar pony crossing my path. I hesitate and stare after him before trotting up after him He has a light blue coat, a blond mane, and dark green eyes along with a open book cutie mark on his flank. "Hey, excuse me," I say, feeling a different rumble to my voice. He stops and looks at me.

"Yes?" he asks, tilting his head.

"What is your name?" I realize how strange of a question that would be for a stranger and my mind buzzes with something to diffuse the situation as he answers.

"Uh, Plotline."

"Oh." I rub the back of my neck as I get an idea. "Sorry, I thought you were someone I knew." He stares at me for a few seconds before he continues on. I watch him until I realize an issue: I'm a unicorn... who doesn't know how to use magic! (I had realized the odd feeling on my forehead is a horn a while back while watching the other ponies.)

Without knowing magic, I can't act like a proper unicorn. If I can't act like a proper unicorn, ponies will ask questions. If ponies ask questions, I will have to lie or tell the crazy truth. If I lie, then things will get complicated. If I tell the truth, I will be a freak. And I would break the canon that this world exists in.

I will have to learn magic if I am to blend in. And I know just the mare who can help!

* * *

I look up at the massive tree based right in the heart of Ponyville. It's as cool as the show displays it to be. But the outside only hinst at the interior with it's half-dozen windows, balcony and front door. I walk up to it and knock once with three solid taps of my hoof.

From deep inside, muffled through the door, I hear a very familiar voice call out "Spike!
Another very familiar voice answers "On it!" from just beyond the door. There's the sound of scratches and the door is pulled open. "Hello there!" greets Spike the baby purple dragon with green spikes flowing from his head, down his spine and to the tip of his tail. He stands up to my thigh -I think they call it thighs here-, has shiny green eyes and a big smile on his face.

"Hi Spike," I reply, his eyes widening as a stranger says his name. I ignore it. "I'd like to talk with Twiligh-" He spins around half-way through my sentence and cuts me off.

"Twilight! It's for you!" he calls out.

"Well, let them in!" Twilight calls back, sounding oddly distant still.

Spike walks inside, letting me follow suit. I think about closing the door behind me but then remember I don't have hands or magic to gently do so. He stares at me so I turn to him. "What?" I ask after a few moments.

"Aren't you going to close the door?"

"Well, I didn't want to buck it; that never turns out wll f-" I catch myself in time, letting my sentence end there.

"That's why you use magic," he points out uselessly.

"Spike, just close the door," Twilight cuts in as she is on the far side admist a pile of books, lifting them to her before placing them back on a shelf somewhere. Reshelving her books again, I see. "I am curious why you didn't use magic, though," she adds.

I let my gaze wander, story-tall bookshelves all around except for a staircase and the door, a desk resting just away from the shelves. "Actually, I'm here because, well, I never learned how to use magic..." I take a peak upstairs, able to see the roof that indicates where the balcony is and the top half of a giants telescope. "And, no, I won't explain anything involving my past."

"Very well, I will not ask that. Despite..."

"Your immense desire to know everything, I know. I just want to learn magic." She turns to face me, a curious look on her face.

"How... do you know that?" she slowly manages to ask.

"And how do you know my name?" Spike adds.

I flip between them, sighing. " 'I have heard things.' That is what I will say if it trespasses into my past." I turn back to Twilight. She blinks at me, then sighs.

"Very well." She pulls out more books, tossing most of them back onto the pile before laying three on the desk. "Those will tell you the basics of magic, how to cast it yourself, and the complexion of both."

I nod as I walk over to take a seat, adding, "After I finish, though, I will need better aid for actually casting a spell; I learn a lot better if I'm shown how to pull things off." She nods as she turn back to shelves for reshelving. I somehow manage to lift, open and turn pages of a book with my hooves; I shrug it off, remembering how that happened in the show sometimes, too. Things look good... for now... I will have to commit to dire measures nevertheless, though....

Comments ( 13 )

I do need a good piece of artwork for this. Anything temporary would do fine, too. Just PM me suggested pictures and I will look into them.

Hmm... your avatar...
*cough cough*
Uh... yeah, it's alright so far... I'ma track it now.

Brony in Equestria, improper grammar, rainbow of tags, and a username that's physically painful to look at. NO.png

2052620 Improper grammar? Um, you must be kidding. And the tags aren't random. It's got a dark tone, it has plenty of joking and randomness, it's in Equestria so of course it's an adventure, it's not canon when humans don't even exist, and there is a human who turns pony. This isn't like your normal "human in Equestria and is a human and is best buds with everypony you can name plus a ton of OCs", it's a "I'm a human in this canon-following world turned pony who could ruin everything... I can't be somepony to anypony."

2052353 What about my picture? It's Insane Pinkie gripping a pillow.

2052620 And how is the username painful to look at? It's just a name, "Sagacity".

So far, the second chapter is uneventful. The first chapter was incredibly unnecessary as it was just one sentence. I'm not sure what you're trying to go for here as an adventure story, because this is starting at as a beginning for a Slice of Life story.

2053131 The first chapter isn't a chapter, hence it's title, "Part 1: Books". The line was just something to go with the title of the part, a subtitle if you will. It should be self evident. And, life doesn't have all that is in store. One single chapter doesn't dictate an entire story.

2053265 That is impossible because I am CURRENTLY on a school computer, and I'm sure you can see the hundreds of issues there, and I am busy writing more of the story, which I then have to type up into FiMFiction, which doesn't have any sort of checking system.

2053265 And be happy with this. This is my second writing of the chapter; the first one was recycled since I typed it up and the digital was lost when I switched the order of the Part declarer and the chapter itself due to stupid school computers. The original was 860~ words and not so detailed and more rushed. This one is very detailed, 120% better (for 220%), and the pacing is smoothed until the very end, when I was just wanting to finish it before class actually ended.

2053147
Well thank you for clarifying that, although I still find that to be unneeded. You could just stick all that at the top of the actual chapter, and separate it with [hr ].
Anyway, Human in Equestria stories are not really my favorite cup of tea. Only a few good ones popped up for me, and I just don't find yours to be exactly within my liking.
I do wish you luck on getting some readers though.
I'll see you later.

This is arguable the most overdone plot type in the whole of FIMfiction.

2055326 Plot type? You mean HiE? Well, no, there are probably more Changelings out there, to be honest. And this isn't the usual "human comes in as human and tromps through as a friend or some asshole", this is a different "human becomes pony and hides away a bit while doing some crazy shit."

Login or register to comment