• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 1,903 Views, 10 Comments

What Was Once Lost - The Anonymous Colt



A pony returns for a chance at redemption, but all is not what it appears. All Hell has broken loose

  • ...
 10
 1,903

Chapter Two: The Pink and Orange Mares

Chapter Two: The Pink and Orange Mares
A purple unicorn with a pink streak across her mane and tail was trotting through Ponyville, a smile across her face as she greeted each pony that would say hello to her, enjoying the slight breeze that blew through town. It was a beautiful sunny day, foals playing with each other, mares and colts having brief conversations with each other. Twilight would’ve relaxed in the very spot she was standing on, taking in all of her surroundings, until a grey blur was speeding right towards her. Before she could react, the pegasus collided head-first into the unicorn, causing them to tumble across the dirt floor for a few seconds until finally settling into a tangled mess. “Ow, what the hay was that for!?”

The colt seemed jittery, his voice filled with nervous tension. “I’m sorry, but this crazy mare has been chasing me all over town, and I’m just trying to get-“

Suddenly he was caught off by a shrill voice filled with rage. “COME BACK HERE! YOU ARE GOING TO GET A PARTY!!!”

The pegasus looked back and saw the pink Earth pony running at full speed, closing the distance between them with deranged intentions. “Oh crap!” The colt’s eyes were practically bulging out of his eye sockets, and flew off with all his might, leaving behind a few fluttering feathers. Pinkie Pie ran even faster, leaving the purple unicorn in the dust.

Twilight just stood there, bewildered. “What just happened?”

Dust Trail continued to fly, soaring past a red farm with dozens of apple trees as far as a pony could see. He saw an orange mare with a Stetson bucking apples, her blonde mane tied behind her head in a pony tail. He flew up to her and collapsed on the floor, gasping for breath. “I need . . . your help . . . a crazy mare . . . is trying-“

“There you are!” Pinkie was standing right behind him, staring daggers at him. She wasn’t even tired, as if she was walking this entire time instead of galloping across half the continent.

Dust Trail couldn’t believe it. How was she so fast! The colt thought of flying again, but decided against it. He was exhausted, his wings were sore, and his sides chaffed from his wings beating against them for so long. “Oh I give up. Do what you want with me, I don’t care anymore.”

With a satisfied grin on her face, Pinkie grabbed his tail and started to drag him away, until the shocked farmer finally said something. “Naw hold on just a’ sec, Pinkie.” Her voice had a southern drawl to it. That’s weird; Dust Trail thought to himself, we’re probably in the middle of Equestria. Why does she sound like such a redneck? “What the hay is happ’nin’ here?”

Pinkie spit out the colt’s tail. “This colt has never had a party before, so I wanted to make him a super duper party filled with cake, and candy, and ponies, but he didn’t want to have a party, because he doesn’t like them, so I had to chase around all over Ponyville to catch him to give him a party, and so that he could see how fun they really are, and boy is he fast, he might be as fast as Rainbow Dash, but I was still able to catch him because he got tired, and then you asked me what I was doing, so I told you that this colt never had a party and-“

“Pinkie, ya’ll gone and tellin’ the whole story again.”

“Oh yeah”, then the pink mare started to giggle at her little goof.

“Listen Pinkie, ah’m not too sure forcin’ somepony ta havin’ a’ party is such a’ good idea. Ya’ll should let ‘im decide whether he wants a’ party or not.”
“So does that mean I can go?” The mares looked down at him. He was apparently bored at their conversation, his face lying on his hoof.

“But if you don’t get a party, nopony will know you’re here, and you won’t be able to get any friends here.” Her voice seemed sad, as if she was going to start crying if he didn’t comply.

Dust Trail turned his attention towards the orange mare, who just smiled sheepishly. “Ah would jus’ say ‘yes’ if ah were you. It’s a’ lot easier if ya’ do.”

The pegasus looked back at Pinkie, then at the farmer, then facehoofed, sighing. “Fine, I’ll go to the party.”

“YAAAAY!” The pink mare jumped ten feet into the air, ecstatic with the colt’s answer, ran off, somehow in mid-air, and then ran back. “Um, I’m sorry, but I never got your name.”

The pegasus gave her a glare, but told her his name in a slow fashion, trying not to be mean. “Dust Trail.”

“Welcome to Ponyville, Dust Trail!” She took out some streamers from nowhere and threw them at the colt, and then ran back to town, preparing for the big party.

The farmer then smiled at Dust Trail. “Anywho, mah name’s Applejack, mister Dust Trail.” She stuck out her leg, shaking his hoof.

“Nice friend you got there, Applejack. She’s a really fun and sane person to have around.” He put a real emphasis on the word ‘sane’.

“Oh don’t ya’ mind ‘er none, Pinkie is jus’ bein’ Pinkie.” The farmer said this as if she’s said this to many ponies. After the colt’s experience, that was probably true.

“So she’s always this bat-shit insane.”

“Hey, don’t ya’ go an’ use foul language on mah friend. She means well, is jus’ she don’t know much about personal space is all.”

“Yeah, among other problems,” mumbled the pegasus. “Anyways, thanks for the help.” He started to walk back to town.
“Not a’ problem. If yer ever need somethane, just come ta’ me, and ah’ll be there.”

= = == = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==== == = = == = = = = = == = = = = = = = = = == = = =

By the time Dust Trail walked to the hospital, –he was walking because his wings were just too tired to be used anymore- it was around noon. He went inside Trixie’s room and saw that she wasn’t there. The colt started to look around the hospital, and after not being able to find her anywhere, he asked Nurse Redheart if she knew where she was. ”She checked out about an hour ago, said that this hospital didn’t deserve her presence.”

“What!?” Dust Trail couldn’t believe Trixie just checked out when he wasn’t around, and while her wounds were still healing. “Do you have any idea where she could be?”

“Honestly, I really don’t care. It’s about time she left; she was stinking up the whole hospital.” Suddenly, she felt herself go cold, as if she was drowning in a freezing ocean, with no hope of ever escaping. It was a horrible experience, and she desperately wanted it to stop. The nurse turned her attention back at the pegasus, who was giving her a stare void of any emotion other than pure wrath and hatred, a stare that froze her inner most being. His yellow eyes were drilling into her soul, causing it to crack at its very foundation.

“You’re going to tell me where you might think she is, or else I swear in Celestia’s name that you will experience suffering you didn’t even know existed. Now, where is she!?”

“I-I really don’t know where she might be, I’m telling the honest truth, I don’t know! M-maybe she’s at the park!”

“Why would she be at the park? What would she want from there?”

“I don’t know. I just don’t know!” She could feel herself at the breaking point. The longer the colt stared at him, the more the nurse felt like she was in danger of complete agony.

The pegasus stared at the mare for a few seconds longer, then released his mental grip on the nurse. The nurse let out a gasp, never wanting to ever feel that awful drowning sensation again. The colt began to walk to the front door, and before he left, he told the nurse, “If I find out in any way you made her leave, I’ll come back to you, you’ll be so sorry.” And then he left.

= = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = = = = === = = = = = = = = = == = = =

Dust Trail searched across the entire length of the park, never able to find any trace of the blue unicorn. He scanned every tree, every bush, every playground, but couldn’t find her anywhere. Finally, he gave up on the search, and sat on a bench. “Dammit Trixie, where the hay are you?” He let out a sigh. The colt has looked everywhere. He thought back at the hospital, and wondered if that nurse lied to him. He dismissed the idea, because one, he had used the Stare on her, and nothing could ever resist its grasp, and two, whenever a pony uses the Stare on something, they are able to see within the being’s very morality and conscious. He could tell the nurse wasn’t lying, he didn’t see any form of red manifestation within her. Dust Trail was at a dead end, having no other clues to Trixie’s whereabouts. He sighed again, then got off the bench. He had no idea what he should do next. Suddenly, he remembered something.

‘Not a’ problem. If yer ever need somethane, just come ta’ me, and ah’ll be there.’ The colt suddenly knew how to find Trixie. He spread his wings, still sore from the events of the day, but ignoring the pain, he flew to the sky, and soared back to the apple farm.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = =

“So, you need ma’h help to find dis’ here friend of yours.” Dust Trail explained everything to the farmer pony giving out all the details he could give, from the timber wolf attack all the way to the mare leaving the hospital. Of course, he left out part where his friend was Trixie, the one that brought the Ursa Major to the village. No need for that part to get out.
“Yes, and it’s really important that we find her soon, or else she might get hurt by something.”

“Somethin’ like what?”

“I don’t know, a runaway baby carriage? I don’t care what it is, we just have to find her now!”

“Al’right, hold ya’ horses, ah can tell this certain mare is very important to ya,” she started to snicker, making Dust Trail’s face go red. Maybe this was a bad idea, he thought to himself. “Ah’ll jus’ gather some a’ mah friends and help ya look fer ‘er. Naw, how does dis’ mare look like exactly?”

“Uh, well, she has a white mane and tail, a blue coat, and a magic wand for a cutie mark”

“White mane and tail, blue coat, magic wand . . . say, why does dat sound so familiar . . ?”

Uh oh, Dust Trail thought to himself. “Um, Dust Trail, what exactly is dis mare’s name . . ?” Her face was serious, scanning the colt’s face.

He started to cringe, a severe grimace on his face. “Um . . . Trixie?”

Applejack’s reaction was immediate. “Trixie!? Ya mean dat no good varmint dat nearly destroyed da whole town with her boasting?”

“Okay yes, it’s that Trixie. But right now, I don’t care if she angered a Ursa major and almost killed everypony, I only want to find her and make sure she’s okay. She’s a friend, and I’m not going to abandon her just because of a mistake she did! Now, are you going to help me or not, because I’ll still look for her even without it, I’ll search all night if I have to! So, are you with me?”

Applejack sighed. “Well, ah know ah’m gonna regret dis, but, ah never go back on mah word. Ah’ll help ya, but dat probably means dat we’re going ta’ have ta’ cancel Pinkie’s party fer ya, and dat’s not gonna go well with her.” Dust Trail could already imagine the horrible things that mare was going to happen to him if he told her the bad news of cancelling her party over a mare she probably doesn’t even like,

“Uh, yeah, about that, do you think you could tell Pinkie what happened? I’d rather not get eviscerated by her.” Applejack let out a hearty laugh from Dust Trail’s response.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = ==

Dust Trail had to walk instead of fly over to Pinkie’s home, one because Applejack couldn’t keep up with him, and without the farmer pony, his plea for help could fall into deaf ears, and two because Dust Trail was seriously terrified of Pinkie Pie. By the time they reached the bakery, it was dusk, and nopony was walking on the dirt road or making small talk with another pony. Dust Trail stared at the bakery, his mouth agape. “She lives in a gingerbread house . . ?”

“Well, if ya’ll are gonna be so technical about it, then yes.”

“Huh, I guess it makes sense. A crazy home for a crazy pony. Tell me, what do you guys do if rodents or bugs start infesting this place?”

“Oh, it’s not really made a’ suger and spice and everything nice, it’s made out a’ concrete and support beams.”

“All right, so Pinkie’s not as crazy as I thought.”

“Come on already, we better get inside an’ let da girls know.” Applejack walked inside, while Dust Trail stood there for a moment. He couldn’t help but remember those little foal books he read when he was a kid, and thought about that evil witch that lured those two foals in her home to be eaten with her candy house. The colt gulped, then walked inside and braced for the madness ahead.

Comments ( 5 )

Sorry for the language and not having too much action in this chapter:twilightblush:. I am really tired right now:ajsleepy:, but I promise you, the next chapter will be more interesting.:yay: Also, in a completely irrelevent thing I want to mention, Pinkie Pie is so much fun to write, I can practically feel like I'm her whenever I write her dialogue:pinkiehappy: But Applejack, is just so difficult for me because as a kid, I was always taught proper english and grammar, and so whenever I write her dialogue, it's justso confusing!:applejackconfused: Do you guys agree with me?

Hey, I was just wondering if someone could make a title image for my fanfic. I will be forever grateful if you did, and maybe even write a fanfic dedicated to who ever makes it! Okay, thanks.

:trixieshiftright:Trixie didn't bring the Ursa to town, Snips and Snails did. Trixie just failed to get rid of it even though she said she could.

175256
I know, just let the story explain itself, bro.

Hey is Dust trial by any chance related to :yay: ?

Login or register to comment