• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 395 Views, 20 Comments

The Odd (Crossover of The Oddyssey) - IBaBrony



Odyssedash has just experienced the birth of her daughter and she has to leave for war in Troy. She fights, kills, gets ponies killed, and wins the war after some trollish idea. After winning, she gets reckless which leads her and crew lost at sea.

  • ...
8
 20
 395

Chapter 2: The Great and Powerful Trixie-clops!

Warning! Those who love Trixie will be upset!Notice the red if you have Dash setting for color option

Chapter 2:

The Great and Powerful Trixie-clops!

So we've been sailing for a couple hours now and It's getting quite dark. We decide to set up a fire in the metal fire pit at the center of our boat. Every pony is chatting and having a good time drinking some cider supplied by the Maremadins. I'm listening in on the conversations having nothing better to do myself.

"You have fought well, OdysseDash." I look to my left to see Athena Bloom sitting right next to me.

"What's up?" I greet with a smile.

"What's up is how you didn't recognize mah help in the middle uh battle." She gives me a stern look while I wonder Are we seriously going over this again?

"Why yes. Yes we are!" Oh snap! Apparently gods can read minds. "No duh, OdysseDash. Just be careful what you think, alright?" I nod yes. "Right, so we were talkin' bout the battle."

"Well, I didn't notice the arrow coming at me. Do I still believe it? no." Athena Bloom glares at me.

"Yer walkin in an Everfree forest full a timberwolves right now, OdysseDash. Be warned that this behavior will get you into huge trouble, miss." I just laugh.

"And you sound too sagely for a young goddess!"

"And another thing! Stop drinking so much cider! It's gettin you all crazy and reckless!" With that, Athena Bloom leaves, and I postpone all my happy feelings as I flashback.

"Hey... What's OdysseDash doing?" Every pony starts staring at me as I stare off into space when Pink points it out. "And why does everything seem all wavy around her? Oh! Is she an alicorn in disguise? Where's her horn? Do you think..."

"No, Pink. She's just having a flashback. I recognize that kind of eye trickery anywhere. Happens to me a lot too..." Rariclous goes into a flashback of a time she went into a flashback.

"I would expect that from her considering she's an actual unicorn, but from OdysseDash it's just weird, y'know?" Flutterpoleidus shrugs.

"I don't know." She starts with her voice quiet as ever. "It is entertaining though. Right, Angel?" Flutterpoleidus turns to a small bunny beside her who just shrugs. Soon enough, I come out of my awesome flashback.

"So, what did I miss while... Is Rariclous having a flashback?" Pink and Flutterpoleidus shake their heads yes, Pink more rapidly. "What of?"

"Of the time she had a flashback!" Pink replies.

"How did you..." Pink stares into Rariclous's eyes.

"Her eyes tell the story! You can watch it like a movie!"

"What's a movie?" Just then, Rariclous leaves her flashback, only to shriek and fall off the boat when she sees Pink right in her face. Every pony burst out laughing.

"My mane!" She gets back onto the boat. "My beautiful mane! This'll take forever to dry and shampoo and... well... everything else!" Our laughter dies down as Rariclous uses her magic to levitate a brush she stashed onto the ship to brush her mane. "Of all the bad things that could have happened, this is the...worst...possible...thing...EVER!!!"

"Uhh...Rariclous, don't you think that's a bit overly dramatic?" She gives me a glare.

"Well its not my fault I think that a mare must look her best all the time." Wow. Some pony's hyped up about fashion a bit too much. Geez. My eyes are getting heavy. I'm getting sleepy.

"Well, guys, I think I'm gonna hit the hay. It's getting late and we'll need our energy for wherever we're going." I gather my pillow and lay down on it.

"I still think its weird how we haven't seen the fleet, right? I mean, we've been traveling for quite a while now and they're nowhere in sight! Should I climb up to see what I can find?" Pink starts looking around with her hoof above her eyes in an all out search mode.

"Tomorrow. Just get some sleep." I hear the rest gathering their pillows and drifting off to sleep while I close my eyes and let my dream come to me.

The next morning

"LAND HO!" We all wake up to the sound of Pink shouting as she points to an island off in the distance.

"Alright, this is cool. We might be able to find some directions on this island." We all wait until we reach the shores of the island, but I find it a little weird how it seems to be empty. "Pink, Rariclous, go investigate. I expect your return in 3 days or sooner."

"Alright, darling. Just let me finish up my mane first and..." Oh that Rariclous.

"Now." Rariclous puts the brush away.

"Okay! Don't blame me if I don't look presentable to new ponies and they like me a lot less than the ponies at home." She heads off with Pink while Flutterpoleidus, EuryloDerpy and I wait for all eternity for their return. This is going to be so boring! Just like the ride to Troy!

3 days later

Okay, this is getting ridiculous! They should have gotten back by now! I said 3 days or less!

"Flutterpoleidus, EuryloDerpy, watch the ship. I have to go look for the other 2." They nod their heads in acknowledgement as I draw my sword and fly off, only to find them chilling out with a bunch of other ponies, laughing and talking to each other. I land right in front of them leaving a small crater where I land. "What the hay, Pink and Rariclous?! I tell you to come back in three days or less and you stay here chilling out with these random ponies? What is going on?!"

"Umm...I don't remember you telling us anything. In fact, these ponies are actually very nice!" Rariclous looks to one of the ponies who offers me some sort of flower. Looks like a lotus to me. Hmm...Now I feel like a total egghead, I mean seriously? I'm able to identify exotic flowers!

"Thanks." I snatch the flower from the pony's hoof before shoving it down the stallion's throat. "Now bug off and quit trying to steal my friends!" The pony runs off crying. "Come on, Pink and Rariclous. We gotta find our way home" I start trotting back to the ship when I see they're not coming.

"I thought this was our home. I mean its so nice here! The ponies are nice, the land is nice, the creatures are nice, speaking of which, why did you do that to the nice guy? He was just offering some food." I look back starting to go into a rage.

"What did you say about this being home?" I have a feeling they did something to them.

"I said I thought this was home." Okay, that's it. They did something.

"Listen you insab.. insa... you rogue soldiers, we're leaving this island. They did something to you to make you forget that your home is Ithaca." I get right into their faces about it.

"We're not leaving." Rariclous pulls out her sword. "And we will fight you if we have to." I look at Rariclous, starting to laugh.

"Really? You really think you can fight me and win?" No pony answers me. "Who taught you what you know about fighting? Pink, perhaps?"

"Well... Let's see... There was...no...Oh yeah! wait...no. umm..." I start laughing more.

"Me, you foals! I taught you everything you know! Pink, try attacking me."

"Okay!" She pulls out her battleaxe and swings it down at me. Immediately, I draw my sword and hold it in front of me, stopping the axe from hitting my face. I slide the sword down to the axehead where I twist the sword, catching it between the handle and the curved part of the axehead, twisting it hard enough for Pink to let go before I grab the battle axe and swing it at her neck, stopping just before it gains contact.

"Whatever you have to attack me, I can counter. You are my soldiers and if you think putting up a fight will let you stay here, You two are dead wrong." I hear the two of them gulp. "Understood?" They nod yes. "Now lets go back." I give Pink her axe back and head back to the boat. this time, they follow. Never felt so angry towards my soldiers before. They must have really ticked me off back there. Kinda hard to remember what even happened. Anyways, when I get back, I notice Flutterpoleidus blushing while EuryloDerpy is eating a muffin, sitting pretty close to her. Flutterpoleidus's blushing dies down when we come. "So. What have you two been up to?"

"Oh, nothing at all. Just talking while on guard." I give a sly smile.

"Uh-huh. Sure you were." Flutterpoleidus starts blushing again as she backs away nervously. "Hey, it's okay. If you like her that's fine."

"Oh, she's just being friendly, that's all. I see you got Pink and Rariclous back."

"Yeah. It took a bit of convincing but I got them to come back." I give Pink and Rariclous a hard stare as they look down in shame. "Anyways, lets go. No pony here will give us directions now." We set sail once again.

"So, you said that after you ate the lotus, you forgot all about home and just wanted to party? Except Pink who is always in that party mood?"

"Exactly! I have a feeling that lotus has some evil stuff going on about it! I feel like writing a song about this!" Pink gets up as she starts to sing an an insult to all songs. "The lotus was made by an evil enchantress! and when you finally scarf it down it'll put you in trances!"

"Umm...It certainly is...interesting, but that's not what happened. Just a little memory loss. That and the lotus grows naturally." Pink sits down with a smile still on her face.

"It's a work in progress." Hopefully she doesn't actually work on it. "Oh! Look! a sunset!" I look behind to see the sun setting behind the horizon. It makes me feel kind of lonely. I remember this one time I was sitting on a hill, watching the sunset with PeneleSparkle when she was still having TelemeScoot. One of the greatest times I ever had with her. I'm only reminded even more of that time looking over to Flutterpoleidus and EuryloDerpy who are sitting next to each other.

"Well, I'm going to sleep. I need my rest." I pull out my pillow and start to drift to sleep as I lay on it.

"Hey, can I climb up and look around? I wanna see what I can see, Because if I could see farther than the sea, I could see an island or something, you see?" I open my eyes to see Pink staring at me intently.

"Tomorrow. I'm going to sleep."

The next morning

"LAND HO! AGAIN!" I wake up to see Pink at the top of the mast.

"Pink! What are you doing?!" Pink slides down the mast to meet me eye to eye.

"Well you said I could climb up and look around tomorrow so guess what? It's tomorrow and I found land!" She starts bouncing up and down in excitement while I get up immediately to find what she was looking at.

"Quick! Shift the sail to the small island over there!" Rariclous and Flutterpoleidus take the order. "If there is an island, then there must be ponies who can give us direction!"

"Yay! More ponies for me to meet and make new friends with!" I look back to Pink.

"Not quite, Pink. Remember we're in strange waters right now. For all we know, that island could be full of hostile manticores. Pink stops bouncing, but keeps smiling. She never gets a negative feeling, does she? Well, there was the cake rage over in Troy...

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" I turn my attention to the island which seems to have gotten bigger. A lot bigger.

"Okay, maybe it isn't so small." As we get closer and closer, The island gets bigger and bigger.

"Whoa..." We soon near the shore and just staring at the biggest mountain on this island makes me feel small as an ant, if not smaller. "Umm...right. Let's fan out and see what we can find." I look at Pink who has a smile about ten miles wide.

"You know what this calls for!" She opens up a hidden storage box under the floor of the ship containing a party cannon about five times bigger than the original. "A super-duper ultra mega big size party!!!" We all just stare with mouths gaping.

"Where do you keep these things?!" Pink ignores my comment and carries the cannon out like its nothing.

"Come on! The faster we go, the faster we meet new ponies!" Rariclous, Flutterpoleidus and I share looks before Flutterpoleidus makes a comment that makes us all laugh.

"At least she isn't carrying that battle axe." Even Angel is laughing. Something no pony has ever witnessed before! Soon enough, we all fan out across the island searching for a sign of any pony.

"I win!" Pink gallops right to me.

"What did you find?" Pink looks to the top of the mountain.

"A cave with food and pajamas and cheese!" Oh my. Rariclous and Flutterpoleidus gather to figure out what is going on.

"Lead the way!" We all follow Pink who is galloping to the top of the mountain with ease as though she climbed mountains before. Wouldn't be surprised if she did.

"Look!" Pink points her hoof inside the cave to reveal a big empty space with furniture, some shelves holding up a wide assortment of foods, and a wooden trash can.

"Whoa..." Me, Rariclous, and Flutterpoleidus all say it in unison, so I claim jinx.

"You all owe me a cider!" Rariclous just makes a face hoof.

"If you want my opinion, I would say this place needs more decor. and the walls should be a different color. The trash can... I don't know what we can do about that. It's ugly and smells like Tartaurus!" I give a sly smile

"How would you know?" Her gaze shifts over to me.

"I um... well, I might have annoyed Hades too much with my talk about fashion that he threw me out of the Underworld." We all burst out laughing. "So I cheat death! So what? I still think he should do something about all the blood stains from the wounded soldiers." I start hurting with laughter.

"Not... helping..!" Rariclous just shuts up and lets the laughter die down.

"You three done yet?" I get up trying my best not to laugh. I mean seriously! She annoys Hades talking about fashion and interior decor? That has to be one of the most hilarious and best ways to cheat death I have ever heard of!

"Yeah. Yeah I think so." Suddenly, one question pops into my mind. "Hey, where's EuryloDerpy?"

"Hai!" I look to my left to see Derpy with her mouth stuffed with a muffin.

"Never mind then. So, shall we check this place out?" Pink rushes in right away to check out the place. "I guess that's a yes." We all enter the place and make ourselves comfortable. Unfortunately, I have to be a little rude to the cave owner and take a little food. I got hungry, and I don't do well when my stomach growls for too long.

"You know you could have just asked for a muffin." EuryloDerpy made me feel stupid just there!

"Well do you have any?" EuryloDerpy searches her saddle bag to find none.

"No." she hangs her head low with a sigh. I guess I don't feel stupid anymore!

"I hear the sound of hoof steps!" Pink points out. We all listen carefully to hear the sound getting louder and louder. "Yay! The first new pony!" Pink starts bouncing in her excitement up until we can actually feel the vibrations of the hoof steps getting more violent as we see the pony coming into the cave. We all stand there with our mouths gaping wide open to see a gigantic blue unicorn with one eye enter and use her magic to roll a boulder in front of our entrance and only exit. She turns her head to have a look of shock as she sees us.

"Wha... Who are you?! And why do you trespass into here and steal some of my food?!" Holy crud. We're dealing with...

"Oh my gosh! A ponyclops!" Pink exclaims, bouncing up and down with joy.

"How dare you call The Great and Powerful Trixiephemus such a low and degrading title! I should smite you!" Pink suddenly loses her excitement and her smile.

"Hey! Who do you think you are, making her frown like that?!" I have to put my hoof down for her. No pony ever does that to Pink! Trixiephemus just uses her magic to fix up a quick dandelion sandwich for herself.

"I think I'm The Great and Powerful Trixiephemus." She takes another bite out of her sandwich.

"Well get this, oh Great and Powerful Trixiephemus. No pony ever..." She just swats me away like a fly causing me to smash against the wall. I fall to the ground in pain only to look up to see Trixiephemus towering over me.

"You all are like bugs. Annoying, weak, little, it's time for you to go." She lifts a hoof to squish me like an ant when I shout in my panic.

"WAIT! KILL US AND YOU LOSE WHAT WE KNOW!!!" I warn with my hooves covering my face in fear as I wait for her to get it over with. I open my eyes to see her hoof just above me. She then moves her hoof to stand normally.

"The Great and Powerful Trixiephemus demands to know these secrets you know." I get up, relieved of my panic. I never felt so scared in my life! That's a first.

"Okay, first off we did bring gifts. Have you ever tasted cider?" I got this. A plan hatched in my mind almost immediately.

"Cant say that I have." Score!

"Well, Pink, do you have that extra cider?" Pink perks up again as she searches her saddle bag, tossing out a spoon.

"Nope." she tosses out a blanket. "Nope." She then pulls out a rubber chicken? "Nope." Next up is... a cake. a full cake. "Nope." How much stuff does she have in there?! "Yes!" She pulls out a huge barrel full of cider making me wonder even further. How is she able to fit all that in there?!

"Pink, you are SO random! Anyways, pour it in that bowl over there for Trixie, okay?" Pink gallops over to an empty wooden bowl and pours it all in. "Flutterpoleidus, if you could please? Leaf whistle." Flutterpoleidus trots over to the entrance and find a leaf that is too big. She rips it down to size before putting it to her lips and shifting her hooves in different positions on the leaf to cause different notes, potentially making a song out of the whistling leaf. It sounds kind of pretty, actually. Looking back at Trixie, I see her relaxing a little. She seems to be enjoying this little setup. She then uses her magic to hover the bowl of cider over to her and starts to drink it. She seems to relax even more.

"Trixie demands more!" She lowers the bowl to the ground for Pink to fill it up even more. "You! Rainbow one! What is your name?" Crud. Think, OdysseDash! Think! For all she knows, you're no pony! Wait... That's it!

"My name is Noe Punney. No-pun-ay" Huh. Sounded like I had some sort of accent there. Cool!

"Very well, Noe Punney. I shall shpare you all ash long ash you keep shupplying me with theesh *hic* shecrets." Good! She's taking in too much cider! "Whoah. Trixie ish tired. *hic* Trixie will take a nap now. but firsht, you, derped one. What are you able to do?"

"Make muffins! But... I don't have any right now. I need the proper ingredients." EuryloDerpy looks around to see if Trixiephemus has anything she would need. "Doesn't look like you have anything I need to make any muffins either."

"Very well. When I wake up, tell me what I need to get." Trixiephemus soon drifts off into a deep sleep.

"Gather." Every pony huddles as I start explaining my plan. "Okay, guys! Here's what we do."

"Take the role of PeneleSparkle when she comes up with a plan to save our skins only to realize later that she could have just used her magic to move the boulder?" Rariclous breaks away from the group and attempts to use her magic to move the boulder.

"Rariclous, quit trying. this boulder is too big for even you to move." Rariclous gives up and rejoins the group. "Flutterpoleidus, you're going to leaf whistle a relaxing tune, or at least something that'll block out the noise as I use my sword to cut down that olive tree over there." I point my hoof to a small...umm, yet big olive tree. I... I don't even know why its an oxymoron. Another word learned from living with PeneleSparkle! Hay yeah! "We're going to cut it down so we can shave the end of it to make a wooden spike to drive into her eye."

"Umm...sorry to interrupt but, wouldn't that kill her?" Flutterpoleidus does have a good point...

"Not if we do this correctly." I have received an epiphany! Oh yeah! Another word! I'm on a roll! "The spike won't be sharp enough because its just a sword carving it down. That and we're only going for the eye. Not the head." Flutterpoleidus nods in acknowledgement.

"Wait a sec. What about our escape? She certainly will not just open the exit for us to just go." Wow. Even EuryloDerpy is smart! I guess those ponies back at home who called her dumb and retarded were wrong!

"That's just it. Where there's cheese, there is livestock. She must have a few goats or something roaming this land. That means Flutterpoleidus and Rariclous will have to hold on to the livestock. EuryloDerpy, how fast do you fly?" EuryloDerpy spreads out her wings to check.

"Well lets see. I have about 75 feathers per wing, multiply that by two, multiply THAT by two, subtract about..."

"Okay, just ride the animals if you're too slow." Wow. She's surprising. Why did I go with PeneleSparkle again? Again don't tell her I said that!

"Nope. Should be good." Thank goodness she came with an answer!

"Every pony is going to help drive the wooden spike into the eye of the ponyclops once its finished, okay?" Everyone nods their heads yes in acknowledgement. "Lets do this!" Flutterpoleidus pulls out her leaf whistle and starts playing music, drowning out the sound of our swords banging against the olive tree, chipping it piece by piece. Eventually, we finally cause it to fall, only stirring a little sound as Rariclous uses her magic try to to slow it down. We trim off the leaves and start putting a point on the gigantic stick. As soon as we're done shaving the end of the wooden spike, I look over to Flutterpoleidus who looks back and flaps a wing, indicating she is ready.

We move the cumbersome wooden spike into position, holding it directly above Trixiephemus's eye waiting for her to wake up. While I wonder if I'm just overdoing it with these nerd words, I start to get impatient.

"When the hay is she going to open her eye?" Flutterpoleidus flies down to Trixiephemus. "What are you...?"

"Don't worry. I got this." She taps Trixiephemus on the shoulder lightly. Umm... Do you mind if we gouge your eye out for a second?" While I face hoof, Trixiephemus grumbles.

"Wh...wha...? Uh...sure." Realizing what she just said, she whips her eye wide open. Taking advantage of the moment, we drive the wooden spike into her eye, causing Rariclous to complain.

"Blood in my hair! BLOOD IN MY HAIR!!!" She immediately rushes to the door and does something that makes me feel really stupid. She teleports out using her magic. As Trixiephemus rushes over our exit, she uses her magic to move the stone.

HELP!!! She is screaming from the top of her lungs which makes me need to cover my ears. Noe Punney has tricked the Great and Powerful Trixiephemus! Every pony starts rushing out. I am the only one left inside the cave. "You! You tricked me twice! With the wooden spike and the name!"

"Well it is called a magic "trick", right?" She starts going into a rage using her magic to start forming a force field to keep me inside. Unfortunately for her, I'm a wicked fast flyer! I get out before she even gets halfway done with her magic! I was even able to steal a couple of foods as well! We soon make it back to the ship where Pink and Rariclous both collapse onto the the wooden surface, while Flutterpoleidus is in a hard embrace with EuryloDerpy. I can hear EuryloDerpy trying to calm down Flutterpoleidus.

"Don't worry. Trixiephemus is..." We hear the sound of gigantic hoof steps getting louder. "Still here apparently!"

"Every pony, Push off now!" I fly to the side of the boat with EuryloDerpy who helps push the boat as hard as we can to get it out to sea. Rariclous and Pink use the oars on the boat to help push off as well. Soon enough, we are off the shore and into the water when the eye-less Trixiephemus comes to the beach

"YOU WILL DIE!!!" She uses her magic to lift something big. It just happens to be Pink's ultra party cannon. She must have accidentally left it behind. "Just because you have blinded Trixiephemus, does not mean my magic cant help me!" She launches the cannon at us.

"My party cannon!" Pink climbs up onto the mast.

"What the hay are you doing?!" She ignores me as she leaps for the cannon, grabbing it and falling back onto the ship. She lays on the boat for a bit before making a response.

"I got it!" I look over to Trixiephemus.

"You are an evil being, Trixiephemus! Yet you are not the brightest! You go back to the others and tell them, OdysseDash of Ithaca has taken your eye and outsmarted you! Tell them OdysseDash is conqueror of all! Troy, and more!"

"You...You're OdysseDash? No way! How could a small, pathetic weakling like you have possibly tricked The Great and Powerful Trixiephemus?!" What is she going on about? It just happened!

"Another unicorn on this island predicted this day to happen. I... The Great and Apologetic Trixiephemus would like a second chance! Please come back and I will treat you better." I think for a bit before taking in the hatred of her threatening to kill us all.

"If I could, I would take you soul and send it to the depths of Tartaurus where it would rot and suffer for all eternity! You threatened to kill all of us!" I spit at her even though I know she's too big to notice, not to mention blind.

"Then you will pay." Trixiephemus sits down on the sandy beach.

"Oh Great and Powerful Poseidon Scratch! I prey to you telling you to screw this pony over! Make her years to come a living hell and send her to the bottom of your deepest trench to drown!" Oh crud. This isn't going to end well. "If this is not her fate, then long be the day she return to her home in Ithaca! Send OdysseDash through great hardship as she makes her voyage!Poseidon Scratch, hear my plea!" Trixiephemus makes her way back to her home cave while I sit down, hooves covering my face. Every pony is staring at me making me feel worse that I messed up big time.

"What have I done?!"

Comments ( 9 )

I cant believe you actually got the scene with fluttershy and the cyclops to still work out, even with fluttershy messing things up.:yay: and rarity teleporting outside XD It just makes no sense that Oddysedash was wondering why she didnt marry derpy in one scene and chose twilight instead. I will take points off for that.

What, is this a test or something? :rainbowlaugh:

Oh well! This is fun :rainbowwild: Will await the next chapter

1988013

You have to remember that in The Trolljan war, OdysseDash said,

:rainbowderp:"Don't tell PeneleSparkle this, but she's kinda cute with her attitude."

Right there, she was talking about EuryloDerpy. :derpytongue2:

So, do I get a 100% then?:twilightsheepish:

1990149 No. Because Oddyseus never had thoughts as if he started developing feelings for another character.:facehoof:

:facehoof: Never mind.

Sorry for the lack of activity, guys! I've been busy with youtube (link to channel below) working on new videos, but I am back! Still going to be busy with fimfiction and youtube, but I'll be sure to work more often here now. The next chapter to this fiction will be coming soon! Really soon!

Link to awesomeness and butter!

2247770
I'm having a hard time trying not to laugh. :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment