• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 396 Views, 20 Comments

The Odd (Crossover of The Oddyssey) - IBaBrony



Odyssedash has just experienced the birth of her daughter and she has to leave for war in Troy. She fights, kills, gets ponies killed, and wins the war after some trollish idea. After winning, she gets reckless which leads her and crew lost at sea.

  • ...
8
 20
 396

Prologue: Before Odd Happenings

The Odd

By IBaBrony

"It's a filly!" At those words, my face just lights up.

"A filly..." I repeat as I stare at the beautiful little infant being cradled in my wife's arms. Admittedly, This whole scene is kinda lame. I just go with it because it pays to see PeneleSparkle happy. She and I are tight, you know? I'm glad we met. Anyways, it just makes me so...ecstatic to see the face of our new infant, I just start thinking of this one song one of our friends sang one time. Something about smiling...?

"Everything seems to be fine." Nurse EurycleHeart reports as she looks at a small piece of paper flat on a stone wooden slab, floating in the air as she uses her magic to levitate it in front of her. After examining the paper for a bit, she looks up at me with a smile. "This has been a very interesting event. I've dealt with couples giving birth before but this, I never thought it to be possible. Two mares? That's... That's amazing." She admits. I hear PeneleSparkle chuckle.

"Well, that's what you get when you study. You learn to experiment." She giggles a little bit more before looking at me with a look of pure happiness. "And the only way to make it possible is to have that special some pony right there with you the whole time." Right there, and I'm not kidding, my heart burst. I mean, I've heard her say she loved me before, but this was one of the best ways she said it yet. I just had one thing to do after she said that. I went to kiss her. Yeah, you heard me! I've gone sappy! It's terrible. Yet, I don't mind. Strange, huh? We share a moment together with lips locked. Then the door burst open, causing me to look over with alarm which soon replaced with disappointment as I realized what was about to happen.

"Excuse me, OdysseDash, Ah don't mean ta interrupt your special occasion here but..." I raise a hoof to stop her before trotting over to whisper something in her ear.

"Gather the soldiers. We leave tonight. Tell Pink to set up a party. I'm upset to say we're going to have to..." I gulp as PeneleSparkle asks a question interrupting me.

"Everything okay over there?" I just look back, smiling.

"Yeah. we're just planning a party to celebrate this special day." I lie...somewhat. I then turn back to Achilles Jack who is waiting for me to finish up the order.

"Just get a Pink to set up a party and gather every pony to leave for Troy at around sunset." Achilles Jack nods and heads out while I trot back to my wife.

A couple hours Later...

"All right! We're here!" I take off a blindfold that was covering PeneleSparkle's eyes to reveal the party...and apparently Pink shouting "SURPRISE!" and blasting her "party cannon" in our faces followed by her laughing at...me. Yes, me. I jumped in surprise a little. I guess it was a little bit of a surprise party planned for me then? There is a massive table at the center with many fancy foods assorted in a decorative way. There is so much, I could take it all and not go starving for at least a year. Around the table are balloons. Something I don't understand yet, I mean, what technology is that? What does Pink know about this rubbery material and how to make it fly? What most ponies know is how to put smoke in a really thin saddle bag and let it go for it to fly. What? This is what happens when you live with a total egghead! She rubs off on you after a while. And I love her for it.

"Oh my CeleZues!" PeneleSparkle exclaims as she gives a look of surprise. "Wow, Pink! This party looks amazing!" PeneleSparkle compliments. Pink always throws the best of parties with her...interesting technology. I mean seriously! This party has balloons, she got a massive cake that looks way cooler than most traditional cakes, and all the banners, streamers, everything is just perfect!

"Thanks!" She bounces off, rolling away her party cannon. I decide to celebrate the occasion a bit before the worst part of the day comes. The time where I have to get her sleepy from too much cider. I wish this part had never happened. I walk over to PeneleSparkle after a while with two cups of cider in the grip of my wings. She looked a bit worried though.

"Hey, what's wrong? Is the party not good enough?" She shook her head no as I suspected.

"It's little TelemeScoot. I don't feel right leaving her behind on her birthday back in the nursery while we go on partying." PeneleSparkle confesses as she takes her drink and sips it. Using my free wing, I move it over her back to grab her and bring her closer to me.

"Don't worry. Nurse EurycleHeart is tending to her making sure she is safe. I even have some soldiers posted to ensure extra security." I attempt at reassuring her. She still looks downward in depression.

"It just doesn't feel right." I drink some of my cider before speaking again.

"If you want..." I take another swig of my cider. "We can go check on her ourselves." PeneleSparkle looks at me smiling, then leans her head on my shoulder. At that moment, I feel twenty percent cooler in ten seconds flat. As soon as we exit through a doorway, I flap my wing twice signaling to the soldiers to prepare to leave.

After roaming through the halls of our palace,we come across the nursery where Nurse EurycleHeart is sitting at a wooden desk writing on some paper. To her left is the little infant, sleeping soundly, sucking on her hoof. I gotta admit. It was adorable. Nurse EurycleHeart looks up when she notices we entered the room.

"Hi." she greets in a whisper. "Checking on TelemeScoot?"

"Yeah. I felt out of place over there away from our sweet little daughter." TelemeScoot opens up her mouth to let out a squeaky little yawn. I felt all our hearts melting at that second. "It's so nice to be here rather than there at the party. Don't tell Pink." I chuckle silently,

"Oh don't worry. I think she can sense it." PeneleSparkle chuckles nervously at my joke, when I punch her lightly on the shoulder with my right wing, seeing her relax in realization. We all spend some quiet time together. The only time I do something is when I notice PeneleSparkle's cup is getting emptier. When that happens, I secretly swap my cup with hers having barely drinking from mine and filling up my new cup. Every time her new cup gets emptier, I swap again. Every second of it, I hated, because I knew she wasn't one to drink so much and seeing her grow tired and more playful, it made me ache on the inside knowing she was going to pass out soon. Eventually, she did. Right next to the crib holding TelemeScoot. I started crying, knowing I had to leave. Then I hear her mumble.

"Good luck in Troy..." My eyes fly wide open at those words.

"Wait, what?" I never told her I was going. How could she have possibly known that?!

"I said good luck in Troy." I look to Nurse EurycleHeart who just shrugs.

"How did you...?" PeneleSparkle chuckles.

"You aren't the only prankster around Ithaca." After that, she fell asleep. I couldn't believe it! She played me! Note-to-self; Don't teach PeneleSparkle how to troll others. I couldn't find the strength to be mad at her. After all, it was well thought out. I mean, I didn't even see it coming! After bringing a cushion to lie PeneleSparkle's head on, I join the soldiers who are just about done loading all the supplies onto the boats.

"Alright, which one of you told her?" Every pony points to Pink who just sits there smiling back at me. "Pink, next time, be careful with that party cannon AND your mouth." I flash out my wings and take off into the sky before landing on the front of the lead boat. "ALL HOOVES IN THE BOATS!!!" Every pony piles into their own boats to prepare for departure. "RELEASE THE ROPES!!!" The ponies at the back of each boat untie and release a sturdy rope holding the boats to the docks. "EVERY PONY, FOLLOW ME!!!" The boats take off as we all head to Troy. I take one last look at the land of Ithaca, one last look at the palace, one last look at the mare in the window near the top of the palace, waving farewell to me. "Goodbye, PeneleSparkle." I whisper to myself.

As a final gesture to her, I raise my hoof to meet my forehead, then salute. This is my life. This is my army. That was my wife. I am OdysseDash, and this, is my odd at sea.