• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 1,065 Views, 9 Comments

The World Around Us - Goldenpirate



Ever wonder what the world be like if we shared this world with ponies?

  • ...
8
 9
 1,065

The start of the beginning

Hey I got a question for you, you ever wonder what the world would be like if we shared a planet with Technicolor ponies. It would be god damn amazing right? Well guess what it’s not! Three years ago a huge portal ripped through our world unleashing what I hope were demons but what actually came out were ponies, not those small ponies you find in petting zoos I mean cartoon like ponies with wings and horns. These Rainbow colored ponies have a ruler called Princess Celestia, I guess she was their tallest (if you saw invader zim you’d know what I mean.)
So this princess and her subject came to this world to make peace and learn from our species, so for the past three years ponies have lived on earth, however there have been some people who are against these ponies living here in our world or letting them have jobs, there are even pony and human relationships the protesters are really against the last thing but hey I don’t judge.

So you’re wondering who I am or what my take on this whole pony and humans living together thing aren’t ya, well in all honesty I don’t care, it’s not like anything has change people still walk the streets, people still work, and people are still goofing off on the internet. Most of the world doesn’t give a fuck so why should I, oh yeah I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Drake Stevens and I am a collage slacker.
“Hey dude get up damn it! We’re going to be late for class!” crap I wasn’t done with my monologue yet, “Hang on man let me get a pair of clothes and I’ll be right out!” saying that I looked around my mess of an apartment to find the nearest shirt I could find, luckily for me my shirt was hanging from my TV now all I need is to find some pants, a hoodie, and my skull beanie, this is going to take a while. After thirty minutes of finding my damn hat, I finally headed out for class and who was waiting out front of my door was my best friend Rick, “Dude what the hell took you so long?” well seeing that pissed off look on his face means he’s pissed “ Sorry man, it took me a while to find my hat.”

“You spent thirty minutes looking for your hat?” Crap he find out, “Seriously dude what happen you look like crap.”
“Well you see…Okay you got me, I was watching an Evil Dead marathon on TV last night can you really blame me?”
“Yes I can, you do know were failing because you keep slacking off right?” Ricks got a point I usually brush off most of my classes and just play games all day.
“Dude maybe if you got a girlfriend, maybe you can get your life straight.” Wait a sec. a girlfriend!? “I don’t need a girlfriend, I’m doing just fine without one.”
“Yeah your right I doubt you can ever get girlfriend with the way your dress.” Great now he’s criticizing the way I dress, well at least we’re near the school.
“What’s wrong with the way I dress?” Rick turns to look at me “you wear the same black hoodie, same gray jeans, and you been wearing that skull beanie since high school.”
“It’s a good luck thing “I said rubbing my badass skull hat “Dude when has that thing ever gave you good luck.”... He raises a good point.

Suddenly Rick stops in place “Yo Rick what wrong?” I then turn my head and looked above my head to only find a giant billboard of a model pony named Fluttershy.
“Oh wow she’s always so beautiful.” I forget to mention something Rick is actually a hardcore brony after the ponies came to earth a large group of people adore the Technicolor horses like gods. “Hey Rick you do that’s a horse right?” He then turn to me and gave that pissed off look again. “How dare you! She is not a horse she is a pony!”
“Alright jeez calm down, didn’t know I hit a nerve.” Rick was one of the coolest guys I know actually he’s the only cool guy who give me five bucks just to buy lunch. “Geez just don’t call my beloved Fluttershy a horse again.” I then began to roll my eyes. “Why do you have thing for horse anyway?” I said entering our school campus.
“Because dude their perfect, they have no flaws, they backstabbing liars like other women, their absolutely perfect.” Again I rolled my eyes “Nobody’s perfect man, not even Technicolor ponies.”
“Oh we’ll see about that.” He said giving me a smug smile. “Dude what do you mean?” I asked as we passed through the empty hallways.

Rick stop walking to point at a sheet of paper hang from the wall. “Check it out.”
“Attention students, we have agreed to have Equestrians students to attend our local school to view how Humans and Equestrians students cope together starting 3/5. So students please be on your best behavior.”
“What the crap! Why wasn’t I told about this?” I said scratching my head in confusion. “Because you skipped that day so you can play that new zombie game you got.” Oh right, totally worth it. “But dude 3/5 that’s tomorrow.” I said still scratching my head in confusion. “Listen man, don’t sweat it, I promise by the end of the month I’m going to finally have that pony girlfriend I always dreamed of.”
“Well have fun with that, I need to get to class.” I said grabbing my backpack strap with one hand and heading my way. “Hey wait Drake, what do you have against Equestrians anyway? Are you one of those pony racist I keep hearing about on the news?”
I then stopped on my tracks and turn my head. “No I’m not, I just don’t care.” Rick then face palm himself. “Right I forgot, you don’t really care about anything do you?” I turn my head back and simply said “Nope.”

After hours of crap I went through in class I finally headed toward my apartment, man I can’t wait to just kick back play some Left 4 Dead 2. You know what maybe I should take some horror movies out and have another all night horror fest. Man now I just can wait, I ran upstairs to my apartment floor opened the door and in there was the most shocking thing I ever saw.
Inside my living room was a purple colored pony sitting on my bean bag, I drop my backpack in shock causing the pony to turn around to see me. “Oh you must be Drake Stevens correct?” my jaw was dropped open I couldn’t believe there was a pony in my living room. “Hello? Are you ok?” I finally snapped out of my shock and answered. “Yeah, my name is Drake Stevens. Who are you?”
“Oh my apologize, my name is Twilight Sparkle and I’m your new roommate.” My jaw dropped again I almost fainted from horror. “Hey are you okay? You seem to a little out of it.” It’s starting to get really hard to get my shit together now. “Okay wait I never got note of this or even why me!?”

“Well the school assigns a small selection of students to be assign to live with Equestrians. So I’m guessing they picked you Mr. Stevens.” Great I’m a part of an experiment now. “Look, Ms. Twilight sprinkle I don’t know what they told you or really care but I think you need to find another place to crash.”

“But, this is place is the only one left available.” I face palm myself in anger and just gave up. “Okay fine whatever, you can stay just don’t touch my stuff.” I grabbed my backpack off the floor and made my way to my room passing the purple pony sitting on my bean bag.
“I’m sorry if I’m a bother to you, do you despise my kind?” the same question again on the same day, I turn my head to look at her. “No, I just don’t care.” And with that I throw my things on the floor and sat on my couch. “Umm pardon me Drake, where can I pack my things?” I turn my head to see that the Purple pony was holding luggage, which were floating in the air, I also found a horn sticking out of her head, great my roommates a unicorn. “You can use that room in the corner.”
“But isn’t that your room?” the apartment I live in is kinda small, being the fact that there’s only one room build in this shithole and the living room shares a space with the goddamn kitchen. “No prob I barely use that room anyway.” She gave me a strange look. “Then where do you sleep?”

“This place is my room, don’t worry about the room over ther,e there’s nothing in there but a bed.” She then carried or levitated her bags to the room. “Umm Drake?” she paused to look at me “Yeah what is it?”
“Let’s be friends.” Well that’s new. “Whatever.” I turn my head back to the TV and the purple horse went to her new room. Looks like I’ll be living with unicorn girl for a while might as well get used to it but what she said didn’t get out of my head all night, “Let’s be friends.” Nobody has ever asked me that before.

After another horror movie fest surprisingly I got up earlier then I usually do might as well head to class, I grabbed my old clothes and headed out the door. Wait what about the unicorn? Is she still sleeping? Maybe I should wake her up, “Hey Twilight sprinkle classes are going to start get up!” I said knocking on her door. “Hang on I’m getting all my books together, just give me a minute.”

”Well whatever, I’m heading out there’s some cereal in the kitchen help yourself.” I grabbed my backpack got on my way to school. “Don’t forget to lock the door ok?”
“Got it, and hey my name is Twilight Sparkle!” I rolled my eyes “Whatever.” Man why are pony names so weird.
Well I was able to get to class on time and got to my usual seat next to Rick but something was off, Rick looked really depressed more than usual. “Yo Rick what’s with the long face?

“Ugh dude I’m just in a really shitty mood, I was hoping to have my own Equestrian roommate. But fate can really be a bitch sometimes."

“Uh then we got a mix-up.” Rick then give me a confuse look. “What do you mean?”
“Well just last night I find a pony in my apartment-“Rick then pulled me by my hoodie “what!? Why the hell would they pick you!?"

“Do calm down your causing a scene.” I then point to the teacher who was giving us the evil eye, “sorry sir.” Rick then put me down and we return to our seat but Rick was still giving me that weird confused look of his. “Dude please tell me is your roommate a girl? What’s her name? Could you please introduce me to her?” oh god man have some dignity. “She a chick and I think her was Twilight…Uh something I don’t know I forgot.”

“Wait do you mean Twilight sparkle?” well that’s weird how did Rick know her name? “Um yeah, how did you know?”
“Dude how do you not know who she is!?” what is she a criminal or something? “She’s a part of the Elements of Harmony she is the element of Magic!”

“Attention students I’d like to introduce you to a new student of ours she is a part of the Equestrian exchange program, please welcome Ms. Twilight sparkle.” Oh holy shit, my roommate is famous.

Comments ( 9 )

*beginning
gotta watch out for those chapter misspellings.

am puting it in the read later, i want to read more ch if it turn out to be a bad story or a good story.

1913428 I'm really sleepy now dude i had to upload this thing at 2:30am dude, but thanks for pointing that out:twilightsmile:

why so many dislikes?
:facehoof:

Well a lot of fanfics are like this but we’re going to view it from the eye of Drake Stevens (The main character) a collage slacker who spends his days playing video games

So... Like every other fanfic like this?

So this princess and her subject came to this world to make peace and learn from our species, so for the past three years ponies have lived on earth, however there have been some people who are against these ponies living here in our world or letting them have jobs, there are even pony and human relationships the protesters are really against the last thing but hey I don’t judge.

...

*Sigh* Shit like this is NOT taken lightly! If a large incursion of an alien species ripped a hole through our atmosphere and came piling out in the thousands publicly, I would expect a large-scale military reaction. Bad shit can happen from simple misunderstandings, and such a peace-loving race such as these ponies may be unaware to this defensive action taken against them and their reaction towards it could just as well garner a face full of led. Even if they soon revealed themselves to be sentient, they would be INTERROGATED by whatever nation's territory they popped into. Under our warped views of 'humanity' we would probably study them, experiment on them, mistreat them. The concept and practice of magic would completely eradicate our view on science, and spark even more controversy if even a single pony decided to use this magic on us or against us (not to mention some governments willingness to abuse this new-found power). The ponies would be effectively segregated from the rest of the world or something similar to District 9 because frankly, I wouldn't think we'd openly accept a foreign race we know NOTHING about, especially when we know these creatures are powerful. To exclude District 9 reasoning though, these creatures arrived starving, weak, and powerless. They were no less of a logical threat than the idiots plaguing Earth, and they were subsequently sent to live in hobo towns and were actively being experimented upon medically (Usually through lethal means). Any idea that these ponies would be accepted into society would only be possible over a large span of time, if humanity doesn't already kill them/start a war/scare them off.

BUT MAYBE I'M LOOKING TOO DEEP INTO A SELF-INSERT'S WILD FANTASY.

I hope were demons

What is he, a satanist?

“Oh my apologize, my name is Twilight Sparkle and I’m your new roommate.”

This is college... Right? Have the people of Earth identified Equestrian males from females? Now, I don't know what kind of colleges you're thinking of, but most colleges I know segregate boys and girls dorms. It wouldn't make much sense to put a women in a residence hall full of males would it? I guess no one would of anticipated them wanting to fuck a small horse.
EDIT: I looked more into this, and there is some colleges practicing Co-ed Dorms, so I'll just go on a hunch and say that's what you're attempting here.

1914002
This is a self insert with a Romance tag. What did you expect?

As interesting as the plot of the story could be, the way you've done it seems kinda.. Wonky.

And another thing; paragraph spacing, paragraph spacing, paragraph spacing.

1914002 Thanks for the honest criticism!!:pinkiehappy:

I have but question?WHY IS THERE ONLY ONE PAGE!!!!!!:flutterrage:

Login or register to comment