• Published 28th May 2013
  • 500 Views, 15 Comments

Dividing Unity - Bently96



Ruhig Fortepiano is a Pegasus activating in Equestria as the ambassador of a powerful, unnamed empire. Soon, he encounters new relations as a new worker arrives under his subordination, and the 2 kingdoms achieve an earlier unseen, strive for unity..

  • ...
0
 15
 500

Honest Thief

And yet again, morning returned into the beautiful city of Clouds Dale and Equestria in general. The chilly, winter foretelling wind, which blew all night, already managed to create specific patterns at the window by which Ruhig’s bed was places. It was a nice, clear cold day, one, during which even the most hard working farmer would prefer sitting in the cozy bed rather than meeting the above mentioned chill outside. Ruhig, was no exception himself. But, it was for such situations, that he placed an alarm clock on his night stand. The device is rather rudimentary, yet practical. Once the according “wake up” hour has been set, the mechanism is reloaded every night, in order to perform its function. And so, once the alarm arrow hit exactly 6:30 AM, the small bells of the alarm filled the entire bedroom, creating at some extent the atmosphere of a crowded city center for anyone standing near them. During those precise times, Ruhig literary curses the sensitivity of his ears, mumbling in despair, hoping to lengthen his morning. Ironically, the only worthy motivation for Ruhig of meeting the morning which he found, was the fact that this, was a weekend morning, one during which everypony wishes to use every minute for his own satisfaction. Thus, with an almost mechanical manner, Ruhig turned off the infernal buzzing of the alarm, slowly getting off the yet extremely warm and comfortable bed. And so, ignoring the manner in which he woke up, and the weather outside, Ruhig stood on his four, hoping to make the best of this brand new day. Accordingly, he started his morning routine, altogether with the toilette, washing up, and dressing. Ignoring the very Sunday morning, Ruhig put on as usually his white shirt, red bow-tie, and fine, white stripped black suit. As he looked down the wardrobe, he realized he has a much wider choice of clothing, yet since his foalhood, sharp suits always represented a preferable choice for any occasion, being it a simple promenade with friends or a ball. With his usual calm attitude, he came to the living room, approaching a fine contraption from his motherland. It was a radio receiver, an amazing, yet bulky device, covered with a case built of polished wood. This device is one of the few reminders of his homeland, where, unlike in Equestria, they can be met in any decent household. Besides the ornament this system presented in itself, another curiosity was the fact that on its back, there was written with small, golden letters “Forte”, which inspired for Ruhig a certain, direct sense of familiarity. Ruhig turned it on, instantly hearing a delightful classical music, music, which soon spread in the intire mansion. Thus, with a high spirit and low speed, Ruhig entered the kitchen, boiling himself some tea, and taking out some bakery products, fitting for a cold, small weekend holiday. Soon after, Ruhig prepared his small breakfast, taking it in the living room, in order to enjoy it under the sounds of classical music. Those were some moments Ruhig genuinely enjoyed, pure delight while listening to the radio while sipping hot tea and croissants. Shartly after finishing his breakfast, a waltz has finished, a gentle mare voice on the radio telling…

“That was Hayan Hoofastian Strauss, on the Canterlot Radio, only the finest songs. Stay tuned further for today’s news….”

While the “nice voice” was starting to tell the most current events in Canterlot and Equestria generally, Ruhig slightly laughed mumbling for himself “Oh, I am not going anywhere dear.”

“…and lastly, the greatest diplomatical scandal to happen to Equestria in the last decade, implying one of the most daring thefts performed in Canterlot….”

Now willing to hear any news carrying such a negative content, Ruhig simply turned off the radio, lying quietly on the couch for a few minutes continuing to mumble with a delighted tone…

“Perhaps I should go to the Opera today, seems like a nice way to pass time before the signing of SAS”, continued he while looking off the window.

After a few more moments spent in silence, Ruhig got up and headed towards the entrance of the mansion. He looked in the mirror, and with a confident smile put on his head a black top-tat with a white stripe passing along its base. While doing so he thought of the upcoming day, nothing unusual, nor extraordinary, just a weekend of leisure and relaxation. Yet, during his casual preparation for a promenade, Ruhig heart some specific sounds from behind the door. He rapidly set his right ear against for the door carefully listening in after the suspicious sounds. It was a rather silly situation for him considering the door didn’t have a peephole, though it was for a very specific reason. Being an Ambassador, Ruhig’s house was equipped with a lot of security facilities placed through it, it’s worthy to mention the armored front door. And so, he was just listening in. His heart beat accelerated a little when he realized that on his cloud were marching more than one Pegasus, in a firm yet slow manner. The suspense slowly grew, until those behind the door, were separated from Ruhig only by the door itself. In the next seconds, a loud door knock waved through the house, beating straight into Ruhig’s ear. But this is rather obvious, nopony would react calmly to a door knock performed right in their ears. Yet the calm still remained. Unwilling to show to the potential unknown visitors that he was actually listening in for them, Ruhig, as quietly as he could, walked away from the door, pretending just to be walking up to it. From behind the door, he hear quite a solid, confident, yet calm stallion voice.

“Mr. Ambassador, open up the door please.”

Ruhig made a few steps around the door, saying calmly, yet with suspicion on his mind…

“In a moment.”

And thus, after opening the door, Ruhig stood face to face with 2 stallions. In a fraction of a second, just by their appearance, Ruhig started to form some opinions about them and their potential personality. One of them had a coat of a yellowish-pink coloration, having a slightly chubby body type, wearing a white shirt with a few unplugged buttons in the neck area. His hair was relatively long and messy, yet the stallion managed to give an impression of cleanness. However, the second stallion presented a little more interest for Ruhig. From the physical point of view he wasn’t as intriguing as the first, medium size, brown coat coloration, and short black mane. A small detail that dragged attention was the sharp grey suit he was wearing, being proved along generations that suits do tend to have such an effect. Immediately after opening the door, Ruhig said…

“Yes. How may I be of service gentlemen ?”

The slightly chubby and messy stallion replied immediately with a rather pesky voice “Oh, we’ll tell how you may be of service.”

Ruhig just stood for a moment rock calm listening, rather confused. The second sharply dressed stallion interrupted with the calm voice Ruhig previously heart from behind the door…

“Forgive my partner Mr. Ambassador. We are the Equestrian Central Security Agency.”, said he while pulling out of his suit a rather specific badge. It had symbolized an abstract form resembling the sun and the moon joined in one, with the specific engraving on it. “I am agent Cleareye, and this….” Continued he while pointing at his partner. Soon, he replied consequently….

“Hey, can present myself from time to time ? Agent Tazzer.” Said he while rapidly taking Ruhig’s hoof and shaking it, the last one being continuously confused, with a rock still face expression. Yet after a few moments Ruhig said…

“So how may I help you ?”

“You know how you can help us.” Said Tazzer while looking somehow frustrated at Ruhig.

“Mr. Ambassador, do you know why we are here ?” Asked Cleareye with a calm and confident tone.

“Mr. Cleareye, if I may call you so. I don’t have the smallest clue.” Said Ruhig calmly yet with a worried predisposition.

“Oh come on !” Buffed Zapper.

“Yesterday night, your embassy was robbed. To be more specific, your main vault has been robbed.” Continued Cleareye.

Immediately after hearing this, Ruhig shattered. Of course, he realized there was only one truly precious item guarded by the safe. He said rather astonished….

“Oh my. I suppose that means that the…..Alliance papers have been stolen ?”

“How did you guess Ambassador ?” asked Zapper with an obvious note of sarcasm.

“Are there any leads on the thief ?” Continued Ruhig after looking somehow shocked at Zapper.

“Well, yes.” Said Cleareye. “You are one of the suspects Mr. Ambassador.” He continued.

“So spill the beans out !” Said Zapper.

“Me !?!, that is absurd. How could you even arrive to such a conclusion ?” Asked Ruhig insulted and confused.

“You don’t seem to follow the news too hard Ambassador. This is in every newspaper. Even here.” Laughed Zapper while picking from near the doorstep a newspaper with the following title on the front page. Ruhig rapidly took it reading…

“….alliance documents stolen…..Ambassdor Ruhig Fortepiano to be the main suspect….”

Ruhig just stood truly shocked for a few moments. Only the colors distinguished him from a statue of the “Hoovre Museum”.

“You should come with us Mr. Ambassador.” Said Cleareye.

Yet again, Ruhig’s mind was overtaken by wild ideas, concepts and question. The greatest question of them all was “How could this happen ?”, though immediately another, even weirder question popped out “How could this happen to me, in such a time ?”. But Ruhig perfectly realized that the Central Security Agency was not a joking matter, so he just calmly replied…

“Understand.” Then slowly mumbled; “Perhaps I could then sort everything out.”

So, Ruhig just approached a little his door, taking a key out of his suit, intending to lock it up. With an extreme agility, Tazzer took the keys out of Ruhig’s hand saying…

“Oh no, we’ll need your house open Ambassador.”

“But, for what ?” Asked Ruhig confused.

“Our team will soon arrive here and check for anything, suspicious in your house.”

“Oh, I suppose I understand.” Replied Ruhig, while leaving the door unlocked. He immediately then put the key back in his suit pocket saying somehow enthusiastic and humiliated “We can go now gentlemen.”

“Follow me Mr. Ambassador.” Said Cleareye, while taking off.

“And don’t try any tricks on us, I’ve got the reaction of a cougar.” Finished off Tazzer.

“I shall….keep that in mind.” Said Ruhig, who was still astonished, shocked and confused over the events that happened yet so recently.

And thus, after finally putting on his initial top-hat, Ruhig flew after Agent Cleareye, followed by Agent Tazzer consequently. It would be a great lie to say that behind his calm cold face stood a relaxed spirit. Ruhig felt a dozen of emotions, opinions and ideas floating through his mind, trying to make a sense out of the last few minutes of his life. Perhaps it was Agent Tazzer who shocked him a little prematurely ? Even if so, this was irrelevant to his current situation. Ruhig stood before a rather complicated problem, which, he already realized that may carry an international aspect. He already started to put pieces in their places in his mind, though, he knew that that not all of them were available for him at the moment. Conclusively, all he could feel on his way was a sentiment of shock, amazement and irrelevance, mixed with the soft cotton shirt on him and the cold wind blowing on his face.

After around 10 minutes of continuous flying, Ruhig and his “escorts” were flying over Canterlot. Right after overpassing the thick layer of winter clouds, they say the building where this story shall gain its future development. To me more precise, it was the headquarters of the “Equestrian Central Security Agency”, a building which didn’t fancy through its architecture, having a rather simple parallelepiped shape, and a few white columns placed along its main entrances. Though, it did manage to impress a casual eye through its size, which, needed to be said, wasn’t modest at all. From the first sight, this looked like a well-fitting structure for the purpose had, representative, yet somehow closed and secretive. In a few moments from the well-established visual contact, Cleareye said…

“We are here Mr. Ambassador.”, as they started to lose altitude.

It didn’t take too long until they reached the building’s entrance, which, for Ruhig’s short lived joy, was empty. No sign of journalists, reporters or paparazzi to document that truly shameful moment. Thus, without further endue, they have entered the building’s interior, which, unlike its exterior, was quite crowded. A variety of ponies, most of which, must be told, were unicorns, running on errands throughout its corridors, rooms laboratories and so on. Returning back to the very interior, it was executed in a flawless manner. The floors were cut from perfectly polished, white granite with small black or red dots placed rarely and quite arbitrary around it. In the center of the floor composition stood the logo of the organization, “la piece de resistence” cut from black granite. It symbolized a sun and its sun rays with the moon placed inside, and the name of the organization written near it, with proud golden letters. This was the most well placed and stylish detail of the interior. Otherwise, the working crowd was taking away the esthetics. The furniture, though quite harmonious with the floor and the rest of the interior, was quite simplistic, being basically just office boxes, tables and chairs. Everything was placed for maximum ergonomics, although this term is not to be confused with comfort. One of the last details that could cheer somepony’s eyes was the large crystal chandelier placed in the center of the main hall, just beyond the very mosaic of the logo. Thus, it must be remarked that this, was a very crowded, busy, yet beautiful and well illuminated building.

“I see this society is working early even in the weekends.”, remarked Ruhig silently while looking around.

“Yes, most of them are pretty busy. Maybe thanks to you Mr.”, mumbled Tazzer.

“Excuse my partner Mr. Ambassador. He just had some other plans for today.” Kindly said Cleareye.

“Oh, understand.” Replied Ruhig.

“Do you know, how often I get to reserve a table for two in a fancy restaurant Clear ? No, you’re my partner but I don’t think you do.” Puffes Zapper.

“Not know Zapper.” Said Cleareye shortly looking his partner in the eyes.

“Hmm, so sorry to interrupt gentlemen, but, there was some issue which brought me here on a Saturday morning as well, could we please sort it out first ?” Said Ruhig with a small faked cough while trying to understand both his current situation, and take his escorts to another talking matter.

“Yeah, follow me Ambassador.” Said Zapper unexpectedly calm continuing “No more meetings to cancel for today.”

“Alright….” Said Ruhig very quietly.

“Follow Mr. Ambassador” Continued Cleareye giving a tired puff.

For a few minutes they have been walking throughout the head-quarters of the Central Security Agency. Ruhig was yet trying to understand his situation. He is usually quite a prolific thinker, with a great phonic memory and wit, but the current situation simply couldn’t allow him to think clearly at least for the next minutes, and to be fair, he didn’t think somepony else would handle such a situation differently. Every expectation left for the current day was left for the next room to come, the interrogation room to be more accurate. Once arrived in it, the expectation was brought up to the level. The room was fairly well illuminated, but heavily lacked furniture. The central composition was formed by a simplistic table, with 2 chairs on a side, and a chair on the other. Explaining the places of our current heroes would be a waste of time. And then, the modest composition was finished by a grey, metal file cabinet fixed in the wall. Thus, after entering the room, Ruhig took his place, followed by Tazzer and Cleareye, the last one locking the door of the room. So, the interrogation has started. This process was monotonous, just as it was entertaining for Ruhig. The questions were related to all of Ruhig’s aspects of life as a diplomat in Equestria. Then, the second round of questions came in, those were the ones related to the very “theft”, such as the time somepony was somewhere and what was he doing. “Finally”, thought Ruhig for himself, this small story seems to gain a vector. Of course, I could describe the very conversation here, but perhaps the average reader doesn’t want to spend too much time on question which have already been answered in the previous chapter. The dialogue will continue, from the part when, after being asked every possible detail needed from him, Ruhig takes initiative trying to find out what he needs in order to try and solve alone his problem…

“Alright, now we know everything we need. Thank you for the cooperation Mr. Ambassador, we shall take it from here.” Said Cleareye while browsing a notebook with all the answers gave during this interrogation.

“You could call me Ruhig or Mr. Ruhig, the way you feel comfortable gentlemen. But, I don’t think this is yet over. This may sound odd from somepony in my situation, yet could I ask some details about this crime ?” Replied Ruhig calmly.

“Haha, why should we do this ?” Asked Tazzer truly amused. “You still a suspect Am….Ruhig, we could arrest now right now.”

“No. No you couldn’t.” Smiled Ruhig while looking quite randomly around the interrogation room.

“Yeah, yeah we can. We’re national security agents. It’s not that much of a problem for us.” Continued Zapper appearing to be somehow intrigued.

“…..we can’t arrest him Zapper.” Whispered Cleareye to his partner.

“Oh come on ! Why ?” Asked Zapper a little disspointed.

“Let me explain that for you Mr. Zapper.” Calmly and rapidly said Ruhig. “Firstly, though your higher authority in the legal domain does allow the execution of arrests without orders from above, this isn’t such a situation. I don’t intend to say much on this matter, but I have diplomatical immunity. My arrest is a very complicated, and time taking procedure requiring cooperation from both our states. Yet I have limitations as well. Until this case isn’t solved, and the guilty found, I have no right to leave Equestria, rather fair if you ask me. In case I am found guilty, I am send back to my homeland where I will meet the justice at first hoof, if I may say. In case I am found innocent *smiles* somepony owns me an apology.”

Zapper and Cleareye, just stood still for a few moments.

“How do you know all that Mr. Ruhig ? It’s like you knew you were going to need to know this.” Said Zapper a little suspicious.

“I mastered the “International Political Relations” Mr. Zapper, knowing this isn’t unusual for somepony of my elevation.” Said Ruhig a little bored.

“Alright, we can’t arrest you Mr. Ruhig. But what makes you think we should help you ?”

“Mr. Zapper, I am not perfect, I am not perfect by far. Yet I am not a thief, a traitor and a liar. Those are some qualities I am deprived off thanks to my way of thinking. I just need a chance to prove that to you and the world. Could I please have that chance ?”

“We’ll consult a little with my partner.” Said Zapper.

Thus, Zapper and Cleareye, went into a corner of the interrogation room, whispering between. Ruhig just stood quietly, hoping for the best. After a few silent, yet unusually noisy moments, Cleareye said…

“Alright Mr. Ruhig, you may ask us something. But we will answer no more than three times.”

“Thank you very much. That’s more than enough.” Said Ruhig relieved. “Firstly, I would like to know who was the first witness of this crime, and who was present at the current scene yesterday ?”

“That counts as two questions Mr. Ruhig.” Said Zapper.

Ruhig briefly smiled saying “I was entitled with the right to ask three times, not three questions. This counts as one.”

“Clever.” Mumbled Zapper. “….alright.”

Zapper, went to the metal file cabinet taking out a file from it. It wasn’t too packed, and it was clear it was very fresh. He gave that file to Ruhig saying….

“We were announced about the theft by Mr. Presspapier. He said he opened it up in order to check for its safety. The list of the other witnesses is in the file.”

“Thank you.” Smiled Ruhig who started curiously to read the content of the document. “Mr. Presspapier, hmmm” mumbled he quietly then.

Immediately after the very first seconds of browsing this file, everything was starting slowly to make sense. A great factor helping in the perception of the written material were the photos taken from the so called “crime scene”. For Ruhig, the very entourage didn’t present an interest as great as the faces that have been immortalized in the photos he was browsing. Thus, for the next five minutes, Ruhig quickly absorbed as much useful information he could. That certain “larger picture” was starting to form in his mind, yet it was a rather blurry and uncertain concept. “I need a few more extra opinions before I could take any actions myself” Thought Ruhig for himself, while finishing up the last pages of the relatively thin document stack.

“Well, that was very informative.” Said calmly Ruhig while handing the document to Cleareye. “Yet, I should tell you something gentlemen.”

“What exactly Mr. Ruhig ?” Asked Cleareye in response.

“Judging by that file, I see you made a very careful and detailed detective work yesterday. And I most certain that you looked in my office as well. Didn’t you notice anything suspicious in it ?”

“Oh yeah, Mr. Ruhig…..or should I call you…..Mr. Mafiozi ?!” Exclaimed Tazzer.

“Ah, so you did find them in the trash bin.” Said Ruhig, who was contradictory a little content of that. “And I suppose you know which organization carries such tools with them ?” Continued he.

“None of your business. But we’re trying for a long time to get a hold on them. They are just about everywhere in Equestria, especially in Canterlot.”

“Then I wish to help you a little on that matter.” Said Ruhig.

“How ?” Asked Cleareye intrigued.

“And how do we know you’re not one of them ?” Asked Tazzer suspicious.

“Would a highly professional criminal leave such a weapon in a place as silly as a trash bin ?” Asked Ruhig responding to Tazzer’s question through another question.

Cleareye stood still a little, as if agreeing to Ruhig’s argument. Ruhig continued…

“In the last few days, that “organization” was trying to get a hold on the alliance papers. I am not sure whenever you are informed or not, but apparently its lead by Mr. Alca, the business colt….”

“Continue.” Said Zapper intrigued.

“…yes. As I said, they have been trying through different methods to get the papers, yet until, perhaps yesterday, none of them worked. If I may tell shortly, they have tried bribing, kidnapping and forceful handing of the documents. During the last trial, which happened, as you may already guess at the reception the embassy held, I was able to repel the attack, leading that certain Mr. Alca and a few of his assistants out of my office, though I am not sure if I took them……out of the building, if you catch my thought.”

“That, actually makes some sense.” Said Cleareye thinking.

“Thus, I don’t intend to draw any hurried conclusion, but I suppose they may have a much greater implication in this crime, unlike me. Plus, should I repeat again that I am rather dedicated to my cause and have no apparent or actual reason to cause an international scandal.” Continued Ruhig confidently.

“We should go check on that Mr. Alca and his mansion.” Said Tzaeer. “I heart he has 3 swimming pools in it. We totally need to check that up.” Continued he with a childish joy.

“Yeah, I suppose so.” Said Cleareye.

“Oh, and gentlemen, may I ask my last, most important to me question ?”

“Sure Mr. Ruhig.” Briefly said Cleareye.

“How did you arrive to the conclusion that I am a suspect ? Any clues or witnesses pointing on that ?”

“Oh, it’s much more than that.” Said Tazzer while walking towards the file cabinet.

In the next moments, Zatter was looking though the shelves of the file cabinet, he asked Ruhig somehow intrigued and amused…

“Say, Mr. Ruhig……do you know what time it is ?”

“A second please.” Said Ruhig starting to look in his suit pocket. But, quite an unprecedented case, he couldn’t find the watch. Being quite unused to this feeling, he said “Excuse me, I think I forgot it at home.” As he still continued to look through his suit.

“Oh, you sure ? Oh I think I found something…” as Zapper looked in the file cabinet “…a fancy new pocket watch.” Said Zapper while pulling out Ruhig’s golden engraved pocket watch.

“Is it my watch ?” Asked Ruhig looking amazed at it.

“Well it does say on it “To Ruhig, with love from Heilen…””

Ruhig almost blushed interrupting while a little irritated “This engraving is meant for me gentlemen. And yes, this is indeed my watch.”

“See ?!” Laughed Tazzer.

“Why is it here ?” Asked Ruhig confused.

“We found it in the safe Mr. Ruhig, right after starting our investigation yesterday.” Said Cleareye. “Though no hoofprints were found.”

“Well, in such case I understand why I am considered one of the main suspects.” Ruhig said thinking. “And, as we are on this matter, I think I could even explain how it got here.”

“Heh, go on Mr. Ruhig.” Said Tazzer.

“As I recall, while yesterday I “repelled” Mr. Alca’s attempt to take the documents, he hit my hoof throwing my watch away.” Thinks a little “Perhaps he took it ?”

“You know that this sounds a little silly, don’t you Mr. Ruhig.”

“Perfectly agree. But, let’s think at cold gentlemen. Would anypony intending to commit a crime of an international importance leave such obvious clues leaving to his eventual accusation ?”

“Yeah, that kind of maked sense.”

“Exactly, no decent thief would do such a thing. The presence of my watch in that safe, gives actually an impression of a blackmail attempt.” Continued Ruhig suspicious.

“We still can’t be sure Mr. Ruhig.” Said Tazzer sharing Ruhig’s thinking ambiance, yet having a somewhat intrigued tone.

“Yes, we should first make sure your house is clean M. Ruhig.” Continued Cleareye.

“Naturally, I understand. And as long as it’s no use for you anymore, could I ask for my pocket watch back ?” Asked Ruhig calmly.

Zapper and Cleareye looked shortly eachother in the eyes. In the next moments, Zapper replied…

“Sure. And, that’s a fancy watch. Must’ve cost a fortune.” As he childishly threw continuously at a small height.

“Please be careful, don’t drop….” Said Ruhig, while, ironically Zapper dropped on the floor the opened pocked watch. “…….the watch.”

Cleareye unfolded one of his wings rapidly slapping Tazzer’s face saying a little annoyed…

“Can’t you, not break something from time to time ?”

“Auch, hmmm” Tazzer picked the watch up “Sorry there Mr. Ruhig.” Continued he while giving Ruhig the watch.

“That *sniff* is a handmade piece of fine mechanical engineering with a great material and emotional value for me.” Said Ruhig with an obvious tone of sadness and disappointment.

“This is….awkward.” Said Tazzer.

“Well, I know a certain mechanic specialized in repairing such refined watches….luckily.” Mumbled Ruhig.

“So..it’s expensive is it ?” Asked Tazzer quite afraid of making up for this mistake.

“That mechanic actually gives discount for regular customers….but you may suppose I am not one of them. And don’t worry about that, I will fix it myself.”

“Really ?”

“Yes. The greatest consolation for me is that I know it’s not lost.” Mumbled calmly Ruhig truly content of the fact the watch wasn’t lost.

For a few seconds a morbid silence was installed in the interrogation room, and, in order to break it, Cleareye continued…

“So, we’ll be heading to your house to check for clues Mr. Ruhig. I suppose you want to come with us.”

“Naturally.” Smiled Ruhig, who was already planning in his mind his successive visits.

And thus, they have exited the interrogation room, though not before Cleareye rapidly stacked the answers Ruhig gave a short time ago in the file cabinet. As the reader may have guessed, they were heading towards the exit of the crowded central head-quarters.. While on their way, they stopped for a short while Tazeer told Ruhig…

“Wait here.”

“Not heading anywhere gentlemen.” Said Ruhig, who actually felt embarrassed to subordinate to such a direct order. If it weren’t for his current situation, he would have most likely tried to childishly provoke. Yet he stood still, looking and listening carefully to his escorts. As doing so, he clearly, though quietly heart Cleareye saying to a certain mare…

“Send some of our agents to Mr. Alca’s residence on the case of the stolen Alliance documents. Question him and investigate his house.”

The mare shake her head in sign of approval. Ruhig, in his turn, after hearing that, was childishly amused and happy, knowing that there might actually be some progress in this, most odd and important case. Immediately after that, Tazzer returned to Ruhig saying confidently…

“Well, off to your mansion.” Laughed Tazzer.

“Yeees.” Quietly giggled Ruhig sharing Tazzer’s enthusiasm.

And so, right after Cleareye, rejoined the small group again, the headed ultimately to the exit of the building. Thus, without further endue, they began their small aerial commute, which, isn’t worth describing considering the fact that it lacked any conversation important for the further plot development. The only thing worth mentioning was the awful windy weather which was making quite an impediment for a Pegasus to move at its full speed. Yet, ignoring the meteorological conditions, they arrived quite fast. Once having a firm visual contact with the mansion, Ruhig said…

“Thus, we are here.”

“You know Mr. Ruhig, that’s a pretty big house you have here.” Said Tazer looking at the mansion once again.

“Thank you.” Said Ruhig briefly.

Once stepping on the cloud, they observed that the detectives investigating the propriety have already finished their job, packing up all the instruments they used during the process. Landing on the clow and observing this, Ruhig said…

“Well, they seem to be finished.”

“Did you find anything suspicious ?” Asked Cleareye one of the detectives.

“No, no sign of the documents, weapons, or other illegal substances or objects.” Said he while rearranging his glasses.

“Did you look carefully ?” Whispered Tazzer suspicious, as hiding this from Ruhig, the last one, hearing it all naturally.

“Yes, we double checked, every inch, every book, every box in the mansion is clean.” Answered the detective.

“Oh well, see ya later Fred.” Said Tazzer.

“Fredward. We work for a few years together Tazzer, time to temember already.”

“Yeah….sorry.” Said the last a little ashamed.

“Anyway, see ya later.”

“Ya, bye.”

After that small, yet entertaining chat, Ruhig entered the house. After hearing the fact that his house has been double checked everywhere, he supposed this meant a total disaster and even anarchy inside. Unfortunately, he guessed right. The interior of the house was, gently speaking of course, a mess. Every single book from the library threw on the floor, every single item from the wardrobe checked and taken out of the place, the list goes on. Ruhig just stood still, quietly saying….

“It will take an entire day to clean that up.”

In the meantime Tazzer end Cleareye entered the house as well, observing the general condition of the place. With a happy attitude, Tazzer put his hoof in Ruhig’s neck saying with an optimist tone…

“Don’t worry about that, your maid will clean all that up.”

“Maid ?......” Asked Ruhig sarcastic.

“Buttler then….”

“What buttler ?” Continued Ruhig.

“Or…whatever you use back home, slaves ?” Continued Tazzer confused.

“Mr. Tazzer, this is my property. While moving in Equestria, I bought it, taking since then care of it alone. Just like in the domain of internal politics, I do not wish of foreigners to be involved in “internal affairs”, even if sometimes with a good aim.”

Tazzer just looked in an odd and confused manner at Ruhig, which, observing such a reaction continued…

“I tidy up my house alone.”

“Ooooh.” Continued Tazzer. “We’ll you’ve got some work then.”

“Yes…” Quietly replied Ruhig.

“Now I suppose we should go Mr. Ruhig.” Said calmly Cleareye.

“Wait, I though you could stay here for some tea gentlemen ?” Replied Ruhig.

“You….want to have tea with us ?“ Asked Tazzer somehow shocked.

“Well yes, basically.” Said Ruhig.

“We entered you house, accused you, made a mess, and you invite us for tea ?”

“That is your profession. I want to drink tea with Mr. Zapper and Cleareye, not agents Zapper and Cleareye.” Smiled Ruhig, while going to the kitchen.

“Well yeah, justice is blind after all.” Laughed Tazzer.

“It is at times….” Ironically laughed Ruhig while starting to boil the water. “Take a seat on the couch gentlemen.” He continued.

While preparing some tea in the kitchen, Tazzer comes at an uncomfortable distance near Ruhig. He wasn’t doing anything “unusual”, though he was staring soullessly at how Ruhig makes the tea. Of course, only a nihilist pony couldn’t be affected by such a continuous and suspicious staring, thus, at the moment when Ruhig’s patience was quite at the limit, he calmly asked Tazzer…

“Mr. Tazzer, may I help you ?”

“No, no no no” quietly said Tazzer “I just check that you didn’t put any poison in our tea.”

“Oh.” Said Ruhig rather calmly. Until that point, he didn’t quite think of meeting somepony with a more refined sense in excentrism. Continuing, Ruhig shouted from across the kitchen to Cleareye “Mr. Cleareye, is your partner always like, that ?”

“Asking when he is not like…”that”, would be a better question Mr. Ruhig.” Shouted Cleareye back.

“While we are on this, how many spoons of sugar do you want Mr. Cleareye ?” Asked Ruhig yet again his guest.

“I don’t drink tea with sugar, thank you.” Shouted Cleareye again from across.

“Why won’t you ask how many sugar spoons I want in my tea Mr. Ruhig ?” Said Tazzer a little insulted.

“Mr. Tazzer, you are staring at the sugar bowl whick is 30 cm away.” Laughs a little “I thought taking out a spoonful of sugar isn’t that great of a difficulty for you.”

“Well yeah…..but the gesture counts.” Said Tazzer a little calmed.

Ruhig just pushed the sugar bowl a little closer saying…

“Serve yourself Mr. Tazzer.” As he briefly smiled.

After a few moments Ruhig prepared the tea service, putting it over an aluminum plate and carrying it in the guest room on his wings. Doing so, he put the large polished plate on a small coffee table which centralized three couches in the guest room. While doing so, he calmly said while already sipping some tea…

“Serve your selves gentlemen.”

“You know Mr. Ruhig, you take that awfully calm.” Said Cleareye relaxing a little.

“No, trust me Mr. Cleareye, I am extremely stressed at the moment. Though, unlike joy, fear and stress are some particularities which I don’t like to expose.”

“Aah.” Affirmed indirectly Cleareye while drinking tea himself.

“But, we are all here quite emerged in our own concerns, so I don’t suppose you would like to hear about my emotions and plans during this nice small break.”

“Aaaactually, you can tell us some of your plans Mr. Ruhig.” Said Tazzer provokingly.

“Well….” Said Ruhig while rolling a little his eyes smiling “Leaving the city was not one of them, the other was to try and solve this document problem myself.”

“Haha, good luck on that.” Laughed Tazzer sincerely “We’re professionals, I don’t think you’ll be faster than us.”

“No, Mr. Tazzer, I am absolutely certain of your high competences, as I honestly count on them, and their presence. But I do say I am an early bird, maybe not the fastest there is, but…..you’ll most certainly hear me.” Smiled Ruhig while sipping his tea.

“What’s that supposed to mean ?” asked Tazzer a little confused.

“I am not sure myself” said Ruhig smiling “The matter of fact is that, ignoring the circumstances, at a certain point, a spark of luck is enough for me to break through such difficulties, and I always find such a spark.” Continued he confidently.

“Well….you can’t expect luck that easily.” Said Tazzer a little concerned.

“And this is exactly why I said that I “find” it.” Replied Ruhig while uplifting the finished tea cup in Tazzer’s direction.

“So….do you have a certain plan Mr. Ruhig ?” asked Cleareye intrigued.

“No, Mr. Cleareye. But as my cutie mark may show, I tend to be good at improvising.”

For the next few minutes, the three have been in a small chat, while discussing apparently every day problems. At a certain point, Cleareye got up saying…

“Well, it was nice staying, but we have plenty of work for today. So me and my partner will be heading off.”

“Visiting Mr. Alca I presume ?” Said Ruhig briefly.

“Maybe…” Answered Tazzer who was still drinking with a small avarice another cup rapidly.

“Well, please expect me to pay you a visit at work late this evening gentlemen. I have a certain feeling things will change radically in the next hours.”

“Most certainly.” Replied Cleareye, while already stepping out of the house.

In the next minute, the guests were already out of Ruhig’s mansion, on some of their own errands. Ruhig closed the door mumbling… “Well, time to pay some……friendly visits. First stop, “Focus Publishing”.” While walking a little through the house, he continued “How could four ponies destroy in an hour an order installed by one during months ?” as he observed the disorder reigning in the living room.

Ruhig started preparing to exit his house. In anyone’s opinion, including his, this was promising to be a rather rich day, especially taking in consideration the fact that it was yet quite an early time. Ruhig briefly walked around the house, taking a fast look at a pendulum watch, yet again proving the vast time reserve left for today. The large watch didn’t show more than 1 P.M., nice news considering the events planned further. Thus, without further endue, Ruhig put on his top-hat, leaving again his cozy warm, yet unorganized house. Exiting the house just at that moment, he realized how cold it got in the last few days. Never before, at least not this week, did he have a chance to leave the house on “personal business”, fact which explained his large active palette of senses, triggered by the exit. For a brief moment, Ruhig felt everything, the cold wind blowing in his face, the mild sunrays covering Cloudsdale…and the urge to put an end to this unexplained crime. As remembering so, he radically gained speed, taking as usually course in the city of Canterlot. Quite soon, in less than 20 minutes to be more accurate, Ruhig was already starting to lose altitude as meeting again the Equestrian capital city.As the reader might have already guessed from Ruhig’s previous lines, he was heading down to “Focus Publishing”. This wasn’t an arbitrary choice, as this media company was the one do write about the document heist and imply the public opinion that Ruhig is the number one suspect, also taking in consideration the fact that it is owned by Mr. Focus Word, guest at yesterday’s event, and most probably the witness for the newspaper.

While taking a look at the edifice from afar in the sky, it was rather clear that its main purpose wasn’t related to anything representative, diplomatic or cultural. No, the building was designed specifically for work. Ruhig paid attention to that thanks to the imposing number of windows installed in the tall edifice, windows which with the help of a pre-winter sun were slowly blinding him down. Luckily this small discomfort didn’t last that long, as he immediately landed in front of it. It was indeed a building of a new “office” type. Though it certainly added novelty to that, representative area of Canterlot, it lacked “class” in Ruhig’s opinion. The first floor of the building stood on the same level of the earth, without a complementary fundament, the entrance lacked any columns, the façade of the building lacked any elements of “décor”. Yet it stood out thanks to its imposing height. Of course, those were all brief observation made by Ruhig on his way inside, as he truly lacked time to allow himself the admiration of the building. As he entered it, he managed to observe that the expectations from the exterior didn’t differ from the content of the interior. But, to a small astonishment, not more than for a fraction of a second, he observed that the first floor was empty. The floor was covered with a carefully polished, dark turquoise color, while the walls, which were actually quite few due to the glass structure of the edifice, were of the game color, yet a bit lighter. The ceiling didn’t remark itself either, it was just a while, “mass” covered with many small lamps. Indeed, the simplicity impressed Ruhig somehow, yet it didn’t add any charm to it, at least in his opinion. Returning to the floor, its central composition was the information desk, which, yet again was a large piece of furniture of a dark turquoise color, covered by a whole, carefully polished piece of white granite. As expected, the information point was guarded by a fellow secretary mare, which to Ruhig’s slight disgust and slightly boredom, was also of a light green coat coloration. But, though not to Ruhig specifically, he looked rather attractive, curly blonde hair, pink ladies suit, and a nice tough made by some small vision glasses with a golden frame. Rather common fact for specialists in this domain, she was just sitting quietly reading some unnamed popular magazine. Without further endue, Ruhig approached her quietly, saying with a cold attitude…

“Hello”

“…uh….hi, Mr. deep voice….” responded she quite nihilistic while browsing the magazine, without even expensing a few seconds of her time to look at him.

“I’m here on private matter, don’t want to waste your time…” said Ruhig rapidly and calmly while being interrupted.

“…good…” slightly smiled while listening to him.

“…..yes, I would like to know where is the floor of the “Editor in chief”, Mr. Focus.” he finished.

The secretary, who naturally seemed rather busy at the moment, rapidly took out of her desk quite a large paper passing it to Ruhig. She continued…

“I don’t want to explain everythin, here’s the plan of the building.”

“Ah, thank you.” Said Ruhig while taking the plan of the building, carefully analyzing it. “Have a nice day.” Continued he while walking further in the building unwilling to disrupt this perfect working ambiance. As a response, the secretary, just mumbled something undecipherable in return. Honest to be, Ruhig would usually be rather insulted by such an ignorant attitude, and try to get back through some mildly childish comeback, but this wasn’t the case. Instead he just mumbled quite amused…

“I bet that if we two were stuck on an isolated island of some sort, we wouldn’t run out of discussion topics at least for two years.” continuing afterwards “Well, always good to see the good in the bad. At least this building is equipped with an elevator.”

Without any further hurry, he just went to the elevator pressing the according summoning button. Worth mentioning, Ruhig guessed from the button that the elevator might actually be richer then the entire first floor. And indeed, it was. After a small bell indicated the approach of the following contraption, the large polished aluminum doors opened, relieved a rather tastefully decorated elevator. Though it was nothing too special, yet the simple metal polish already gave a better impression than the first floor. Ruhig briefly took a look at the small map of the building gave to him by the secretary. Not that of a big surprise, the office of the editor in chief was indicated to be on the very last floor, along with a general area designed for the most representative workers and editors of the building. And so, the door have closed, and the contraption, basically started realizing its natural task, elevating. While doing so, a certain melody was coming out of a small speaker build in the walls. Nothing too special, just some boring bell sounds, in a symmetric form, yet lacking any sort of drama, passion or basic music. Ruhig continued a little sarcastic and amused…

“Elevators, great invention. But in a world of ever growing in height buildings, they will start to become a true prison, especially to the non-pegasi.” The elevator music played a little more, Ruhig continuing bored “…and this music will become the very first legal torture.”

Finally, after some rather long 30 seconds, the elevator arrived the 18th floor, giving one last bell ring. Ruhig immediately stepped out, looking at his ambiance. Unlike the first floor, and perhaps just like all the other floor, this one was quite vivant. No matter where he looked, he saw busy mares and stallions, each of them running arbitrary on their small errands. This “life” was giving off a certain noise, betraying an organization which aspires to leave an impact on the modern cities, even if in such indirect manners. The floor was decorated in a specific manner, nothing extraordinary or impression, just a great variety of office desks, each and every one of them being decorated individually through some small accessories. Returning to the above said, the only true décor, proving the worth of this specific floor, were the busy, apparently dedicated workers. He said slowly while walking through the crowd…

“Now, if I were to be a slightly ego-centric owner of a multi-millionaire media company, where would my office be ?” as he laughed a little very quietly. “Then again, why think of it ? I am surrounded with ponies who know.”

Thus, Ruhig simply approached an office worker asking calmly…

“Excuse me sir, here on some private matters, do you know where is Mr. Focus’s office ?”

“Yeah, you go right to the end of that corridor, and it’s the very last door.” Said the stallion pointing at the according corridor.

“Ah, thank you very much.”

“Say, are you that ambassador, you know from the paper.”

Ruhig just stood quietly listening, with a slight concern. The stallion continued…

“….the one who stole that document. You look pretty much like him.” Said he while showing Ruhig the newspaper which he coincidentally carried by him.

“….yes, it is me, the denigrated diplomat.” Replied he coldly and quietly continuing “Before you say anything, I kindly ask you to take an extra second to think about it.”

“Oh, sorry.” Replied the stallion back.

“Thank you.” Said Ruhig sincerely.

The stallion puffed a little, bursting in laughs in a few seconds. Shortly after that he yelled “Hey everypony, it’s the ambassador from the news.”

In the next second, the other ponies working on that floor, reacted as if they have been trained according to Pavlov’s reflex methods, turned straight towards Ruhig, looking with intrigued face expression. Naturally, the process of quiet gossip, for Ruhig’s indignation and shame, has started. The stallion continued amused dragging simultaneously everypony’s attention…

“Oh, and as long as we’re on it, me and my chumps were wondering…”

“Yes…” Said Ruhig coldly, expecting already a question bellow an intelligible level of conversation.

“Is your mane style natural, looks like some sort of piano to me.” As he burst in laughs together with the rest of the building.

“Have a good day.” Said Ruhig while walking rapidly away from the amused crowd, mumbling quietly and slightly irritated “I’m dragging a little too much public attention…..and it’s one of the few times the circumstances take away my content from it.” He continued walking, advancing the corridor on the background of an entertained group. As ironic as it wouldn’t seem, before that moment, he wanted simply to kindly ask from Mr. Focus some information on yesterday’s event. But, after remembering the common mentality and spirit of the journalist, he suddenly inclined his predisposition to a neutral, and perhaps slightly offensive one. As the reader might have deducted already, Ruhig suffers sometimes such radical changes in predisposition. This, could be easily explained by that influence of the society around him, but it would be partly a lie to affirm that, thanks to the fact that just as many times he proves a truly iron calm and dignity. After a few seconds, he approached the needed door. Excepting the fact that it was identified by one of the workers here, it was proven to be the correct one thanks to a golden plate with the encryption “Focus Word – chief editor”. A small surprise for Ruhig was the fact that the entrance heavily lacked any form of protection, not a sign of a ponyguard or reinforced door. This caused a few mixed impressions. Firstly, this caused a sense of a fake, yet healthy confidence. Secondly, this caused by ruhig an unexplained sense of doubt. He thought of his manners for a while and the necessity to knock at the doors, but in the very next second he left this thought off, considering the fact that he is low on time, and that Mr. Focus is perhaps responsible for the horrible calumny which is putting at risk Ruhig’s career and free life. Naturally, he expired slightly amused after seeing a small golden “Do not disrupt sign” whispering “Ponied need something more to contain me.”

Thus, with a professional mannerism, he carefully took the door handle, unwilling to make absolutely any noise. Of course, this intention was caused part by the fact that he wanted to make a “surprising” appearance, and that he didn’t want to disturb. To Ruhig’s luck, the door’s mechanisms and joints were rather well oiled, allowing him to open it without identifying the slightest sound, good news considering he had well trained ears. Once opened, quite a nice office room stood before Ruhig. The first intriguing detail of the room was its color, which was entirely white, thus creating a visual effect of space and light. Every single detail of this room, executed in a modernist manner in the above mentioned color. On the left of the entrance, he was a large library shelf with an impressive photo camera collection on. The furniture piece on the left side of the room, presented some sort of exposition, showing off a great number of news-paper issues, perhaps, in Ruhig’s opinion, the most successful ones. Of course, the most fundamental element of the furniture was a large white desk, confectioned of what it seemed to be polished wood. In front that desk stood two arm-chairs, with a small coffee table between. Behind that desk, stood a large window, with a nice view on the main economical areas of Canterlot. The interesting part was the fellow sitting at the table. As the reader has perhaps already guessed, it was Mr. Focus, who was sitting, rather comfortable for Ruhig, with his face turned towards the window. Most likely he didn’t even notice Ruhig at the moment. The curious part was the piece of publishing he was reading, though, this isn’t a good definition for his action. “Admiring” would fit much better way to put it, considering this was a magazine of an “adult” content. Knowing for quite some time Mr. Focus and his attitude towards the ladies, this wasn’t a surprise, yet considering the sign outside the door, Mr. Focus sure expected it to be one. Somehow, this cheered Ruhig up. He quietly started walking closer towards the concentrated reader, until the only thing that stood between Ruhig and Mr. Focus was the white piece of furniture. Just like in a horror story, with an unexpected finesse, Ruhig came closer and closer, leaning on the table, until their heads were almost on the same level. Observing somehow intrigued and amused the “entertaining” content of the magazine, Ruhig quietly whispered in Mr. Focus’s ear…

“Is it interesting ?”

In the very next instant, Mr. Focus, who was carefully glaring, rapidly and a little irritated replied…

“Shhh !”

As expected, in the next second Mr. Focus actually realized the actual circumstances. He rapidly slided his chair forward towards the window, turning straight face to Ruhig, who, being amused had a rather provoking face expression. Ruhig continued…

“Hello.”

“Mr. Ruhig !?, how did you get in here ?”

“Through the door, naturally.” Said Ruhig while smiling and rolling his eyes.

“The door sign says not to disrupt !” Continued Mr. Focus rather irritated.

“Mr. Focus, when I want to be left alone, I take it a little further by locking it.”

“You shouldn’t be here Mr. Ruhig.” Continued Mr. Focus grumpy.

“All the other ambassadors tell me that seeing the first stallion with such a position in his 20’s. For now, I’m just glad to have your attention.”

“I was getting to that…” said Mr. Focus “I suppose you won’t tell anyone of this.”

“Cabarets aren’t foreign to me Mr. Focus, been there a few times, don’t want to tell the circumstances though. And actually, unlike some, I am quite a good secret keeper.”

“Aaah, you are implying something Mr. Ruhig ?” Replied Mr. Focus already rather content.

“Well, I did browse rapidly today’s edition of your paper Mr. Focus.” Said Ruhig serious “That’s some shocking business right there.”

“That was one successful edition. Made the last changes just yesterday night.” Continued Mr. Focus with a face full of pride.

“I sincerely hope it was worth it.” Said Ruhig with an unusually for him, obvious sarcasm.

“Don’t blame me Mr. Ruhig, I am a journalist, you should have known better than allowing me to enter.”

“Suddenly, turns out I lack ethics in social behavior ?!. Well…every day learn something new.”

“I just wrote down the facts in my paper Mr. Ruhig, nothing more.” Replied Mr. Focus confidently.

“This is called fiction Mr. Focus, fiction. Facts slightly tend to differ from fiction.” Said he with a serious tone, mumbling very slowly afterwards “…apparently used my wall decoration on the wrong pony”.

“What ?” Asked Mr. Focus confused.

“Oh nothing. The point is Mr. Focus, I frankly don’t quite care of the circumstances which made you write that down, confidence, journalist spirit….perhaps envy…”

“Hey !”

“The point is that now my situation is rather delicate.” Said Ruhig while taking a seat on a nearby arm-chair. “I almost managed to sort it out….”

“Really ?” asked Mr. Focus confused.

“Yes, really Mr. Fucus. I tend to have a high speed of information processing in such moments. You should have seen me during the invasion of…..no importance. I need your help.”

“Really ?” asked Mr. Focus with a long and suggestive tone. “With what ?”

“I suppose you documented quite a lot of small details of yesterday’s evening, and memorized even more of them ?”

“Well….yeah.” Smiled Mr. Focus confidently.

“Fantastic *smiles*, because now, I need every single one of them. The “final picture” as I call it, is almost done, but I lack the last puzzle piece.”

“Understand. But tell me Mr. Ruhig, why should I help you ?” as Mr. Focus was walking around the office “This is a pretty favorable situation for me. One of those times I have to make more papers than planned. Ponies just keep buying and buying them.”

“This is your chance to help an innocent in his true cause…” Said Ruhig, who already observed a rather nihilistic attitude by Mr. Focus. Ruhig smiled continuing “But if that isn’t enough, I can think of a few other “yellow journalists” who might find your small secret, intriguing.”

“Hehe…” said Mr. Focus scratching his neck “Let’s not jump to conclusions.”

“Have you considered going to a cabaret Mr. Focus, basically the same experience, only in first person.” Smiled Ruhig provokingly, while approaching Mr. Focus’s desk and picking up that certain piece of publishing holding it rather nihilistic. “I personally prefer natural experiences to both of them but *smiles*…we are all different, that is quite entertaining, don’t you think ?”

Mr. Focus rapidly changed his proud and rather confident tone to something a little more dextrin saying with a calm attitude…

“So, help with some information ? Let me see…” he slowly mumbled.

“Only if you insist dear Mr. Focus.” Said Ruhig with a tonality ironically exchanged with the previous one of his interlocutor. Of course, he perfectly realized that Mr. Focus’s help wasn’t that sincere, but he didn’t quite care at the moment. For Ruhig, it was one of those few situations when the result matters a little more than the way it was achieved, manipulation counting as well. Ruhig thought amused to himself “Heh, I wouldn’t have left myself convinced by such an argument, but if it works, I work.” as he continued looking at Mr. Focus from the relatively cozy, yet bizarre white armchair.

In the next moments, Mr. Focus looked up in a drawer from his desk, taking out a file. This certain piece of documentation was obviously very fresh, at least to Ruhig. That conclusion was easily made thanks to its specific smell and bright colors. Mr. Focus passed the file to Ruhig, taking a seat at his desk consequently. The second, took it, paying attention to the relatively large piece of documentation inside. Yet Ruhig had a little satirical attitude inside telling jokingly to Mr. Focus:

“How convenient was the fact that you have all those files to yourself. As if my visit here was absolutely predictable.” As he laughed slightly.

“Well….yes…,predicatle of you Mr. Ruhig.” Said Mr. Focus, who profited Ruhig’s distraction, hiding away that certain magazine stacked with, un-childish content.

“I see. Well, I promise this won’t repeat again.” Jokingly continued Ruhig, looking in the file continuing “Though I must admit, you made an excellent job at yesterday’s gathering with that accustomed camera….even I didn’t browse through all those rooms.”

Mr. Focus smiled proudly continuing “That’s my job…and I have a good camera.”

“Hmm, is it one of the new models with internal self-developing films ?” asked Ruhig.

“Yeah, but twelve shots are little for me, I always carry a few spare wheels of film.” Said Mr. Focus, gladly exposing the experience he possesses in this domain.

“Aaah I see…” Continued Ruhig starting to completely to ignore his interlocutor. Though he had a little curiosity in the methods Mr. Focus uses on his daily basis, a much greater concern was the documentation taken , as there, may be that one small detail which can clarify the small, yet intense scandal. Ruhig asked while browsing “Which one of these photos were made the closest to the moment of the supposing theft ?”

Mr. Focus rapidly got up his chair, closing towards Ruhig and taking the file in his hooves. After a few seconds of browsing, worth to mention executed with a gambler’s speed, Mr. Focus whooshed the according photos saying:

“Here are those I made when everyone found out about the theft.” As he pointed to them.

“I see those are quite some shocked, and perhaps hysterical faces here.” Added Ruhig, partially unaware of the context.

“Yeah, those ponies are ready to fall in panic for a broken hoofiqure.” Laughed Mr. Focus.

“Heh, upper class, nothing we can change in them.” Supported Ruhig quietly.

“You mean, “us”?” Asked a little insulted Mr. Focus.

“Diplomats, are something different Mr. Focus. We are not educated to conduct an affair with financial resources or the large public. If I were to compare us with the upper class, the second would be a large tower watch; grandiose, majestic, yet loud and relatively inaccurate. On the opposing side, diplomats and leaders of state are to be compared with, pocket watches; quiet, accurate, always present and ready to execute our duty.” Said Ruhig who was already starting to fall in dilemmas related to the current subject.

In the mean-time, Mr. Focus took a seat on his armchair saying:

“You lost my attentention on the “something different” part Mr. Ruhig.” Replied Mr. Focus bored.

“It is Mr. Ambassador Ruhig for you Mr. Focus” answered Ruhig slightly amused by the lack of attention and interest of his chat partner.

“So now I have to call you by the full title ?” Laughed Mr. Focus.

“Of course not” smiled Ruhig “This isn’t the full title.” As he continued looking through the photos with a mutual nihilistic attitude towards Mr. Focus.

“Really ? hehe, what does it sound like ? I’m curious.”

“His excellency Ruhig Fortepiano, ambassador to the Grand Kingdom of Equestria.”

“Long.” Rapidly and loudly said Mr. Focus.

“Well of course, this isn’t a Sunday night after all.” Said Ruhig amused.

“Do I have to memorize that ?” Asked Mr. Focus intrigued.

“Oh dear no, a pony of your class, has far greater concerns than that.” Said Ruhig while briefly standing up and looking presumably at the desk shelf where Mr. Focus hid his certain publication. Naturally, the second didn’t catch the hint, continuing with his casual behavior. On one side, Ruhig was glad he didn’t insult his interlocutor, on the second half, he was a little disappointed in his level of perception. Little known fact, Ruhig sincerely believed that the potency with which somepony understood a joke, or a mocking, directly indicated his level of intelligence. He continued…

“Now if you don’t mind. I need a little silence in order to…sort out the facts from the fiction.”

“Yeah, sure.” Answered back Mr. Focus while sitting down.

While browsing the photos, Ruhig payed attention to rather specific details. Contrary to the beliefs inhibited in ponies from detective novels, he thought that is the photos were to give some clues, then only through the ponies which they depict. Briefly speaking, the “lead” would consist in the presence-absence of somepony instead of some rather visible clues like stains and dropped purses. Relatively speaking of course. Quite soon, after some careful browsing, a certain pattern between the present ponies and the place where they were when the photos were taken was starting to form in Ruhig’s mind. The suppositions were blurry, risky perhaps, thus he looked at the photos a little more before emerging into further conclusions. As doing so, he complimented a little his interlocutor…

“I must say Mr. Focus, I admire your insistence upon taking so many photographs.”

“Why thank you.” Replied Mr. Focus proudly.

The silence continued a little more. To Ruhig’s partly amazement, Mr. Focus took pictures even after the event, one of them proving to have a major for him, “presence”. “Of course…” thought he, “..this theory deserves to be checked ex pronto.” as he got up from his seat. Ruhig straightened his bowtie while approaching Mr. Focus shaking his hoof.

“Thank you for your help Mr. Focus, deeply appreciate it.”

“Ehhh….you’re welcome Mr, Ruhig.” Said he a little confused.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I must depart.” Continued Ruhig while approaching the large window in the room.

“You’re going the wrong way, the exit’s that way.” Replied Mr. Fucus, perhaps a little more confused.

“Your offices are a little too…”welcoming” Mr. Focus.” Said Ruhig continuing in his mind “And the elevator music is a true nuisance.” Then he returned saying “I chose the natural way this time.”

“Natural way ?”

“Gravity Mr. Focus, gravity.” As he closed to the window opening it.

“…are you sure ?”

Ruhig widened his wings as suggesting the perfect, yet obvious control over such situations. While climbing up the window sill he said “Except me to contact you within the next day. Au revoir.” after which he took off, subsequently after falling for approximately 20 meters. During a small flight, no longer than 5 minutes, he was dragging the last conclusions from the material he saw at Mr. Focus’s office. In interests related to the reader’s curiosity about the rest of the story, the name of the suspect shall not be revealed. The only thing of which Ruhig could think was “Ironically….I hope I’m wrong.”

It was one of those rare days, when the amount of events happening around him was surpassing the speed with which he could process the information related to them. But, the moments or reconciliation with himself were close to an end, temporarily of course, as he landed at the entrance of the embassy. Unlike any other day, the building seemed rather cold to Ruhig. This wasn’t due to the winter coming in the Kingdom of Equestria, as of the subtle fear of the negative towards him external attitude. Until that moment, he was the young “Flagman” of that building, an (self proclaimed) eccentric, yet joyous member of that fine community. Now, he was entering it in the quality of a suspect, potential committer of international crimes, a shame to his own ideals. Moreover, this was going to be a “Trust fall” test at some extent. Thus, Ruhig deeply inhaled entering through the large, heavy wooden doors. Despite the fact that this was a weekend day, most of the workers staff were present, due to the events bond to happen in just one day. Everypony was in a hurry, everyone busy, stressed. Soon, apparently Ruhig added oil into the fire, as making the first steps into the large hall. In the next moments, a deadly silence had been installed apparently in the entire embassy. Everypony was looking shocked, judging, scared and confused at the Ambassador. Usually, do to his extrovert nature, social interactions weren’t a great concern for Ruhig, but not this time. He felt as if every look of his compatriots added more weight on his back, trying to take away the weak hope to fix the problem he was thought guilty of. Perhaps he should have talked a little more on this issue with Mr. Focus ? Maybe, but now wasn’t the time to ask such questions. As the reader may remember from the previous chapters, the main hall of the embassy was decorated in the center with a fountain, having as a “Piece de resistance” a statue of a pony general. Withought further endue, Ruhig rapidly took off, eventually standing on the top of the statue, as this seemed to him “the high ground”. Until that moment, all the eyes working or passing through the spacious room seemed to look at Ruhig. Even those who didn’t seem to pay attention, weren’t ignorant, fixating their ears upon the further unknown actions. Thus, he took a deep inhale saying…

“Excuse me everypony, could I have your attention for a few brief moments.”

That was it, the motive strong enough to make everypony look at him in more direct manners. Ruhig continued with a tone mixing sorry, respect, shame, yet daring at the same time…

“As you might have already found out either from the building itself or from the already highly advanced sources of mass media, a terrible event stroke our embassy less than a day ago. For those of you not in current with it, though I doubt that, I mean the heist of the alliance treaty. As well, not a less known fact, due to some appearances I am considered the main suspect of a crime which casts shadow on all the principles my position holds onto.”

Everypony was looking at Ruhig and at each other subsequently, in total silence.

“Honest to be, I am not here in order to ask you, my dear compatriots, to consider me innocent. Nor I am here to ask for forgiveness for a crime I didn’t commit. In my opinion, current excuses and pities are never able to correct the events given in the past. No…I am here to correct the matters at hoof.”

The ponies started to chat slowly though them, until Ruhig continued…

“Ignoring the hierarchical system of this institution, everypony who considers me guilty, mischievous or absurd, has the permission to leave.”

Ruhig waited for a few seconds. To his amazement, everypony was yet sitting still, even if a few whispers could be clearly heart. Though short lived, not more than a few miliseconds, this was a cheer for Ruhig. He went further telling…

“Thank you *smiled*. During most part of the day, I have been seriously thinking on this matter, analyzing, deducting…and arriving to an apparently silly deduction. The Alliance treaty was stolen from the main vault, true, but it never left the very building. Due to a certain, plot twist, the entity who committed the act at hoof yesterday, didn’t have the chance to take out the large stack of the important, wax-sealed documents, as the Equestrian Security Services couldn’t have ignored that at such times. Briefly speaking, they are somewhere here, waiting to be found.”

In the mean while the small crowd was already looking quite intrigued at the Ambassador.

“As you might have already noticed, I am usually a rather independent entity, trying on the contrary side to give aid to my colleagues when needed. This time, I am the one in need of help, help which wouldn’t be addressed to me, or even the perspective alliance between the 2 empires. I ask of a chance to overcome the appearances, and look in the face of the slowly rising conflict with the will to face it, uniting our strength, intellect and efforts for the good cause.”

The eyes of the ponies were slowly staring to become more enthusiastic…

“The time of predilections has passed, thus now the time to act has arrived. Everypony !.....WHO, IS, WITH, ME ?!”

All the ponies stood for a few seconds in a deadly silence, including Ruhig, who’s heart beat rate radically increased despise the firm face expression. Suddenly, somepony started clapping. It wasn’t loud, but in the preinstalled silence Ruhig has the impression to be able to hear even the footsteps of a fly. In the next second, that mysterious pony came out of the crowd, with a further increasing rate of clapping. It was Mrs. Inkdrop, to the common amazement. Apparently, the old heart of the serious and dedicated secretary leaked a few grams of admiration for the efforts made by Ruhig in the aims of redressing this odd scandal. Quite soon, following a chain effect, all the ponies gathered around the fountain on the top of which Ruhig was standing started to clap cheerfully.

In that moment, Ruhig felt briefly in a condition of ecstasy. “The people” were with him, and now the solution seemed to be only a matter of time. Yet, as mentioned earlier, this was just a brief moment of joy, immediately, he flew off the statue saying…

“Thank you very much everypony. Now I need every accessible hoof on this one. We must divide into 2 major groups, granting a small time expense. The first one will search in the backyard, hall rooms and every public space through which yesterday’s event passed. The second one has a more specific role, searching though the embassy archives in the under levels. Please, verify every shelf and file, a document of such size can’t be hard to find. The document we search is rather thick, and is decorated on the top with a Royal, Ferriosburg pattern stamp. Also the title is rather betraying. Everypony understood ?” as he smiled a little.

The small group of embassy workers confirmed indirectly their understanding by repeatedly inclining their heads in a positive manner, and by chatting engaged through them, starting slowly to split in the 2 above mentioned groups. At the time, Ruhig still couldn’t believe the spontaneity with which this all happens, taking in consideration that just this morning he was officially accused of the crime. Yet a small spark of curiosity inhibited in his mind. He approached Mrs. Inkdrop who was already apparently returning back to her obligations, telling her…

“Mrs. Inkdrop, unusual of me to say, thank you very much for the support.”

“What kind of support ?” responded she in a manner which somehow managed to indicate both unawareness of the situation and a deep comprehension over it.

“The one with the crowd here.” Said Ruhig somehow amused continuing “I am not completely sure if the supported me initially, but you, ignited that certain chain reaction. Thank you.”

“Everyone needs support Mr. Ambassador.” Continued she.

Curing those few moments, Mrs. Inkdrop proved herself as one of the most intriguing staff workers Ruhig has seen in his life. The reason was quite unknown. Was it due to her large experience? , considering the fact that she and Ms. Presspapier started their duty at approximately the same time. Or she just seemed to have an interesting array of skills. Anyhow, relating to the relative short time Ruhig served in this embassy, she proved herself as a valuable and appreciated worker.

“Quite right…” responded he back thinking a little.

“I need to get back to work Mr. Ambassador.”

“Yes, of course. Only one last question.”

“What ?”

“Have you seen Mr. Presspapier or Ms. Touche ?, they missed quite a show.”

“They have day offs Mr. Ambassador.” Responded she with a tone suggesting the obviousness of the answer.

“Oh yes, thank you again.” as he walked away a little, continuing “ You know Ms. Inkdrop, I should note such things down more often.”

Ms. Inkdrop just gave Ruhig a short look with a slight shadow of amusement, returning back to her work desk. Though Ruhig needed an pair of hooves on the task announced earlier, he thought to let this one go Thus, the search for the priced document has begun. He approached the slowly dispersing crowd, telling…

“Come on everypony, time is a limited resource. First group, please follow me.” Said Ruhig full of enthusiasm they all went on the next levels of the embassy with an unseen power…at least to his opinion.

Then embassy, in any country or empire, is considered a building of a special status. It is considered to be the the official territory of the country represented by it, thus, any hostile reaction towards it would be considered a sign of aggression towards the entire empire. Returning to the subject…Having such a special status, it promotes a variety of functions, such as receiving international guests, promoting delegations, establishing contact between two, sometimes opposing sides. Yet, those are all functions attributed more to the public, social domain. A true embassy, disposes of a great array of documentation, records, on a variety of themes. The name of every equestrian pony who has ever travelled to Ruhig’s motherland and vice versa, has his name written somewhere in the large archives, just in case.

For reasons which are to be latter told the the reader, in his opinion, the precious document was hidden somewhere in the embassy, and more specifically, through the great volume of paper documentation. What better place to hide paper then around other paper, right ?

And so, the group of “searchers” arrived at the second floor, where the main public archive of such genre was stored. It contained all the names affiliated to the diplomatical domain through the last 2 years. The archive room carried after itself a constant odor of freshly printed paper and strong coffee, odor which by the cold time of the year, came to a liking.

The search has started. Everywhere around the large, library bookshelves filled room, around twenty ponies were searching vividly, trying to find that certain “Royal red, wax imprint”. The general noise made by them equaled the level of sonic pollution made by a journalistic team, as observed by Mr. Focus.

Though Ruhig carried a status of both official and unofficial reader, his part of the general search wasn’t that large. Feeling that this floor could have been easily handled, he lifted to the 4 floor, the one where the offices of the most important workers, including his, were placed. In a hurried manner, he entered his office, approaching the large desk of finely carved wood. By opening a shelf, he started to randomly search with his hooves for a certain item, by palpating carefully. After no more than 5 seconds, it was found, a silver key ring with approximately 10 small keys around. Subsequently Ruhig rapidly got out of his room, browsing the well decorated corridor.

The reader might ask why did he search for something as, perilous as a few keys during a massive “paper hunt”. This is soon to be found out. He rapidly came to a door, near which, with golden letters, there was written “Lucius Presspapier, Envoy Extraordinary”, entering it. The office in which Mr. Presspapier was working, was as elevated as Ruhig’s, except of the size, limited by only a few square meters. With a heavy heart, Ruhig came by to Mr. Presspapier’s desk, passing his hooves slowly over the fine wood. He approached it a little more, looking at the shelves built in the desk. Some of them were locked, having a small key hole. This is basically the intriguing part. All the superior workers of the embassy have “private storage” shelves in their offices, used for the most diverse tasks. Every shelf had, by specifications, only one key, considered to belong to its owner in an exclusive manner. Yet apparently it wasn’t so. Ruhig, mostly due to his position, had an enlarged access to such personal spaces. Though under usual circumstances he wouldn’t dare looking into personal space, this, and I hope the reader agrees, wasn’t quite a usual situation.

Sincerely, Ruhig didn’t, or couldn’t believe that his old colleague could have committed such an act. But, considering the odd of having it stolen, and him being compromised, Mr. Presspapier seemed like a highly probable second target to the unknown antagonist. Thus, he unlocked the private container, finding nothing, which was quite enjoyable, as ironical as it could seem.

“Silly me, heh.” As he left Mr. Presspapier’s office, stacking everything back exactly as he found it.

Throughout the next 20 minutes, Ruhig searched in the same compulsive manner, basically all of the offices located on that floor. Of course, the lockable shelves had “intriguing” things in them as various suggesting post card photos, sweets, and a few exquisite alcoholic beverages. To his surprise, Mrs. Touche didn’t have any of such things through her shelves. All he found there was a symmetrically stacked work space, with a few well shelved letters. Naturally, Ruhig could enter the most sacred private space or correspondence, thus he only browsed a little the envelopes, and the few numerations written on some on them.

“That is…a perspective work attitude. I should keep in mind…..bravo.” He mumbled respectfully her office, “untouched”.

All the offices, of the most important workers seemed to be absolutely clean, brewing in him a combination of emotions such as shame, pride, and disappointment. He slowly walked through the corridors, descending back to the second floor, and the archives room, where in the meantime, the search basically came close to an end. The noisy atmosphere didn’t seem to quiet down by that time, yet the enthusiastic faces have been partly gone. By that, Ruhig easily derived the results of the search, yet asking publically, just in case…

“Has anypony found anything ?...”

A few seconds of silence and gestures subliming negation have followed. It lasted a little more until Ruhig said…

“Despise that, thank you everypony who participated, I….won’t forget this favor. Feel free to do what you want for the rest of the day.” As he sighed leaving the small group.

Now then, there was only one place left where the documents could have been located, the underground archives. Which is exactly where Ruhig headed now. The space which stored this, conglomeration of records, wasn’t a simple building actually. As another little known fact, it served a second purpose, of a bomb shelter. Personally to Ruhig’s opinion this seemed to be a small “overkill”, yet such implementations in architecture were widely used in his motherland. The most rational reason was perhaps the wide military expertise and history the country had in this domain, taking every last precaution in protecting the state workers and civilians. But let’s return back to the subject of underground archives. Unlike the one stored on the second and third floor near the office space, this one contained a larger array of documentation. Not in the sense of diversity, but in the one of age as there were stored documents from the last 150 years, since the beginning of the first Griffonian conflicts. So, the reader can deduct that there a lot to be searched here. The large room retained a smell specific to a wine cellar, in the sense of age, and an ever pursuing sense of knowledge. Despise that, it was well illuminated.

As approaching the ponies searching Ruhig asked…

“Could someone please tell me which are has already been checked ? I would like to join in.”

In the next moments, a stallion in a grey suit approached. He said rubbing a little his next…

“Well, Mr. Ruhig, good news and bad news. We checked everything from black A till block P.”

“That’s quite impressive actually.” Said he a little louder, as if praying them a little. “Any progress yet?”

“That’s the bad news.”

“Naturally.” as he sighed a little. “Continue the searches please.”

“Of course.” Said the stallion briefly while returning to the shelves.”

“In the meantime, where could I begin mine ?”

“That shelf hasn’t been checked yet.” Continued that stallion while pointing to a further located container.

“And I suppose that is where the search is left with the progress ?”

“Right.”

“Aaah, thank you.” As he approached that specific shelf, closing up on the searching crowd.

Usually, Ruhig had a weird predisposition around the embassy. He always participated in those important events, always praised the good workers and showed compassion even to their personal problems. But yet, he felt like a stranger towards them. The rest of the time he was giving instructions, either talking with Equestrian ponies, either sitting in his office doing things which, honest to be, most of the workers didn’t care about. Despise the mildly tragic circumstances, this small “Get together” cheered him up, proving that definitely that any leader, no matter the profession or rank, must first of all lead the way. This feeling woke up in his mind a small, yet irrelevant comparison between modern and ancient war. Once, the kings used to be in the first row of any battle, scouting the way and inspiring his forces. Now, a general sits comfortably in his zeppelin, transmitting commands to those who struggle in the mud of the tranches.

Those small thoughts dispersed as he began carefully browsing through the old papers. The old dust created for a few seconds an atmosphere of a graveyard. Perhaps it was thanks to the fact that most of the documents related about ponies who long ago passed on the other side. And so, the searched continued for another thirty minutes, not so long considering the amount of documentation, until, in a decisive moment, somepony shouted across the room:

“I think I found it !!”

Impulsed by those words, like a bullet from a trigger, Ruhig ran up to the mare who claimed to have found the precious paper. All the other ponies turned to their direction, waiting for that very “punch line” as if they were enjoying a drama at the theatre.

“Could I take a look at it Mrs. Carre ?”

“Of, course Mr. Ambassador.” As she handed the document envy herself to find out the result.

Ruhig carefully browsed the document. At the very first glance, there was no doubt it was it. Everything was there, the royal emblem, the impeccable calligraphy, and the notorious title. Yet, a few extra checks would be desirable. Despise the fact that, that the document was present, checking up for its integrity was a must. And so, he put the stack of papers on one of the old, dusty metal shelves, carefully looking through all the pages, checking that every single one stood by its place. Though he isn’t an amateur of card games, Ruhig was switching the pages rather fast, managing to take a look at every single one. After another 5 minutes of truly excruciating, both for him and his surroundings minutes, Ruhig slowly mumbled…

“I can’t believe it….”

“What ?” asked Mrs. Carre intrigued, representing at the moment the “collective will” as to say.

“This is just incredible….” He continued, slowly mumbling.

“What ?!!” asked she again, as the suspense slowly grew.

“It is intact, all here !!” shouted he, unable to hold more the intrigue.

“Really ?”

“Yes *rapidly hugged her* now there is no time to lose…”, as he grabbed the precious stack, rapidly hurtling out of the archives. Yet he made only a few steps, after which he stopped saying “Remind me to reward everyone who helped me on this one. I never like to be indebted to kind colleagues.”

Ruhig hurtled out of the archived, being rapidly followed by his co-workers. Apparently, this entire conflict seemed to be passed, yet, at least to his opinion, not quiet. The reader will found out why a little later.

In the next minutes, under the collective happiness of the embassy, he went in his office together with the precious document. After hiding back inside his desk the earlier mentioned, yet controversial ring of keys, he looked through the room a little, showing a mixture of fatigue, accomplishment and disappointment. Subsequently, he came close to a cupboard, opening it, and taking out a black leather briefcase. The only detail distinguishing from any other accessory of this genre, was the fact that it had imprinted on it with a white color, Ruhig’s cutie mark, a small element of individuality so priced by everypony. After putting the treaty in that very bag, he fixed it on his back, exiting the office, and subsequently, planning to leave the building. During approximately one hour, the personnel switched its “houmeur” from one resembling boredom, suspicion and a slight agony, to a vivant, joyous and talkative predisposition. While approaching the exit, he heart an old, easily recognizable voice…

“Mr. Ambassador ?”

As the reader might have guessed, it was Mrs. Inkdrop. Unusual of her to approach first, but, this entire, perhaps adventure rich day was filled with surprises. Ruhig stopped, coming a little closer to her asking…

“Is my attention required Mrs. Inkdrop ?”

“Oh no, good heavens. So, those documents were found ?”

“Yes, all here, as he tapped his briefcase. Yet I have some unfinished details left for today.”

“Carry on Mr. Ambassador.” As she smiled, though, very, very little.

“Why thank you. Oh, and I would ask of you a last favor.”

“Which is ?”

“Issue a premium for Mrs. Carre. She helped this institution a lot today.”

“But…”

“I listen Mrs. Inkdrop. Takeoff takes place a little later.”

“She found them, true, but by accident.”

“I prefer calling this…lucky charm.”

“Yet…” as she continued with an intonation specific more to a mother then a subordinate secretary.

“I understand. But I have a certain belief in this domain. Fame, fortune and success are a bliss by themselves. Luck, is a passing spirit, motivated by the predisposition of its owner. And in the common interests, I prefer praising and preserving this benevolent presence.”

“Hmm, perhaps.” As she was left a little literaly processing the above said words.

“And, good that you reminded me actually. You have my permission to issue yourself a premium as well Mrs. Inkdrop.”

“Why….thanks Mr. Ambassador.” As she concentrated her old neck, letting out a small laugh. “But why?”

“For the very same reasons Mrs. Inkdrop, the very same reasons.” Continued Ruhig while leaving the embassy, and his interlocutor, in the cheerful atmosphere established earlier.

Winter time. It was already starting to get dark. Walking a few hundred meters away from the embassy, he took a look his pocket watch. The screen was shattered, yet the rugged mechanics of the fine piece worked perfectly fine.

“Almost 6 P.M, astonishing efficiency for the day. Comparable only to the humiliation.” Ruhig mumbled as taking off, putting the pocket watch away in the internal pockets of his suit.

Now, according to the newly improved plans for the so called “Lazy Saturday”, there was only one last thing left to be done, and more exactly, proving, at least legally, his innocence. As of that moment, Ruhig was heading down to the “Equestrian Central Security Agency”. The path there, ignoring that current, was no less memorable itself, making it quite easy to find. The small details of the flight aren’t memorable enough to be told, but in around 20 minutes of rapid flying, he was already landing in the front of the impressive law preserving building.

“This is it…” he said gladly while climbing up the imposing stairs leading to the entrance inside.

The E.C.S.A. just like during the day time, preserved it’s ever vivant and intense air and atmosphere. Yet, while slowly advancing more and more on the stairs, it was clear that there was much less activity this part of the day. All he could see were no more than 20 ponies, dispersed the area. Ruhig got up to the entrance, opening up the massive doors and stepping in. Just like there rest of the day…and his life, he didn’t have a plan of actions. All he could count on was a brief inspiration or brutal luck, which, it wasn’t a secret to most of his entourage, always came to him when needed. This time, he was stopped by a security guard.

“Hey you there, stop !” as the guard approached him.

“Yes, I listen.” Calmly responded Ruhig, though deeply pressured by the hurry in which he was.

“What are you doing here ?, you’re not one of ours.”

“Oh no I am not. Allow me to present myself, Ruhig Fortepiano.”

“Ah…the thief Ambassador ?”

“Yes…..I am be called so only by those, remarkably informed gentlecolts.” Responded Ruhig with a refined, yet brute sense of sarcasm, continuing “Do you know by chance where is a worker called…Mr. Cleareye ?”

“Yeah, he’s right there.” Said the agent while pointing to our fine detective sited at a further desk of the corridor, talking with some colleague.

“I should transmit him a very important message so, if you could pardon me hurry.” As he slowly started to walk away.

“I’ll go with you.” Responded the stallion in a rather provocative tone, staring to follow Ruhig.

“Your time, your resource sir.” While continuing to walk.

After some seconds of walking, they approached our earlier mentioned detective, who just seemed to have finished the previous conversation.

“Hey Clear ?”

“Yeah. What’s the matter Taunt?”

“Here’s Ambassador R…., how’s your name again ?” asked he Ruhig.

“Ruhig.” Said he with a small sigh.

“Yeah, Rugig….right.” corrected the guard himself continuing “He said he wanted to talk to you.”

“Is that so Mr. Ruhig.” Asked Cleareye relatively curious, yet calm ?

“Why yes, a very important detail hams been uplifted.”

“Hmm, what exactly ?”

In the next seconds, Taunt left them telling somehow proudly…

“I got better stuff to do.” As he walked way.

Ruhig continued…

“I do not feel comfortable telling about this in such an, open place.” As he looked around the large spacious hall room.

“Sure, let’s go to my office.” Calmly said Cleareye.

“After you.”

Within the next few minutes of walking apparently aimless through the building, they arrived in what seemed to look like an office room. The atmosphere war pleasant enough, though the ever persistent small of Tabaco made obvious the stress hidden behind these walls every day. Just be the first glance inside, it was obvious that this wasn’t exactly a “private” office, since it had apparently two desks. Otherwise, there was nothing suspicious, rude or eccentric inside, green carpets, red floor, relatively poor illumination. In Ruhig’s, odd views of the world, this seemed like a perfect ambiance for an underground cabinet carefully defended from any air raids.

Mr. Cleareye took a sit at what appeared to be his office, showing Ruhig a gesture inclining him to do the same. After a few more seconds of morbid silence, during which Ruhig carefully put the briefcase over the desk, Cleareye asked…

“So, what is that you wanted to talk to me Mr. Ruhig ?”

“Some highly interesting news. But first, may I ask a question ?”

“Of…course.”

“Did you find anything suspicious by Mr. Alca ? Very curious.”

“I usually wouldn’t tell, but since this concerns you….alright. Nope, Mr. Ruhig, sorry but he didn’t have any treaty documents by him, though he had a hole other bunch of suspicious stuff. Unregistered weapons, tax evasion and so on. You catch the point.”

“hmm, so he was indeed not an innocent figure ?”

“Appears so. We’ll check him more, this things smells dirty. By the way, thanks for suggesting him to us, was it a hunch or luck, no matter, thanks.”

“Oh no problem. Always glad to help, even if in such indirect manners.” Said Ruhig, still quite intrigued by the above said words.

“Now….was there something you wanted to tell me ? You know Mr. Ruhig, it’s pretty late, time to got home.”

“I sincerely hope this won’t take too much time, but I bring excellent news.” Said he smiling.

“What ?”

“The Treaty document has been found.” Continued he proudly.

“You’re kidding me !!....Mr. Ruhig.”

“Oh by the contrary, though I was quite shocked at first as well. They are in this suitcase.”

Ruhig got up, opening the case, and taking out the precious stack, folding it carefully on the table, continuing…

“All here, up to the last paper.”

“But…how ? We had an entire team rounded up for this, and you…..just find it.”

“Mr. Cleareye, with all due respect, “just find it” applies to such objects as my house key, or pocket watch. This, was the result of an intensive search and time reconfiguration.”

“Yes, but, where DID you actually find it ?”

Ruhig smiled for a few seconds saying “I can bet that the circumstances would be rather unexpected even for a detective of your level Mr. Cleareye.”

“So tell me?” asked Mr. Cleareye with a mix of jealousy and intrigue.

“Bureaucratic mistake Mr. Cleareye. One of our employees misplaced it with another set of documents, inserting it in one of our archives by mistake. Took a little time and thinking to guess that our, most of my day actually.”

“I see…” mumbled Cleareye curiously.

“You know what is the most annoying details in this small adventure ?” Continued Ruhig calmly, and perhaps with a nihilistic tone,

“What ?”

“I wanted so much to go to the opera today, instead I spent a day being looked at as a thief of some sort.”

“But, you did manage to find the papers. I mean, that great, even we didn’t do that…WE !” Complemented Mr. Cleareye in his own manner.

“Well of course, lies have relatively short legs Mr. Cleareye. Heart that saying all my foalhood.” As he smiled a little.

“Honest thief.” Laughed Cleareye a little in answer.

“Yes.” Continued Ruhig following the laughs of the detective. “All a matter of social perspective… unfortunately.”

“Still, are you sure this is it ?...Mr. Ruhig.”

“Yes, absolutely” said he while passing his hoof along the document. “You see, a document of such worth, at least at the current technological level of development, can’t be faked. Firstly, and I tell this to everyone, we must pay attention to the small details.”

“Hmm, and what exactly?”

“The big red wax Royal blazor of course, left on it by the monarch itself as a sign of agreement. Then we have the refined calligraphy, and, you might agree with me, the truly hellish amount of pages. There are many small details actually, just browse and make sure for yourself.” Continued he confidently.

“Alright.” As Mr. Cleareye pulled the document towards himself, examining it.

A silence persisted a few minutes throughout the office. Lacking any need to communicate and use his ears, other sensory organs augmented their sensibility, allowing Ruhig to feel even better the disgusting smell of old, poorly ventilated cigar smoke. “Some intense ambiance…” though he to himself while inhaling the fumes. In another few moments, Mr. C;eareye heavily replied…

“Well, I am not sure if this is the real one, or a fake, but if it is fake, then a very successful one.”

“This….is the original Mr, Cleareye. Only one piece was ever made made.”

“So then…this is a “Case Solved”.”

“Thank lord.” Responded Ruhig jokingly continuing “No there is one last thing I need to do for today.”

“And what exactly ?”

“Put it back in the safe.” Said Ruhig loudly continuing in his mind “…and change its combination, just in case.”

“Congratulations Mr. Ruhig.”

“Why thank you.”

“Though hones to be, now you made my day harder.”

“How so ?”

“Well no I have to fill all of the forms, cancelling any further searches, and go with you to check the document’s safety one last time.”

“All in the name of the greater good.” Smiled he.

“Yeah…” Puffed happy, yet tired Mr. Cleareye. “Let’s go then.”

“After you sir.”

Thus, Ruhig put back the treaty in his briefcase, and the briefcase on his back subsequently, leaving the office and its heavy air. Quite soon, they were both outside, taking off. Yet again, no worthy of telling details of their way to the embassy. In around twenty minutes, they were already there, climbing up the stairs to the main entrance. In order to escape the dismal atmosphere, Mr. Cleareye made the first reply, though in quite a long time.

“Wow, it was much more crowded at this time yesterday.”

“I wasn’t here yesterday when it happened Mr. Cleareye. Perhaps such curious details are left to be told of until.”

“Yeah…”

“Follow me please.” Continued Ruhig.

“No, I remember everything here already.” Responded Cleareye confidently.

“Better for me.” As he smiled a little.

The embassy, was almost soulless. Actually, it was no detail to be surprised off, considering the late hour and day of the weak. One of the few ponies Ruhig has met during his way to the vault room, was Mrs. Inkdrop, who was a little surprise to see him once again at such a time.

“Good evening again Mra. Inkdrop.” Said Ruhig while passing near.

She just stood quiet, while letting Ruhig and Mr. Cleareye pass. The last, in order not to cause any confusion, displayed her his badge of allegiance to the security services. In the meantime Ruhig turned back saying…

“You should go home Mrs. Inkrop, it is rather late.”

“Well…I was planning to do that Mr. Ambassador.”

“Good evening then.” Smiled he.

“Good evening.” Responded she exhibiting a certain fatigue.

Thus, Ruhig and Mr. Cleareye arrived finally in the guest hall, also known as the room where the vault was installed. Taking in consideration the current circumstances, it was actually rather pleasant to be in it, knowing that in a few minutes, this silly situation will be almost over. As Mr. Cleareye took a sit on one of the couches present there telling…

“Go ahead Mr. Ruhig.”

“Thank you.” As he approached the vault, opening it.

The procedure of inserting the documents back wasn’t something worthy of telling, unlike the fact that Ruhig also started switching the safe to another access code. Despise the fact that he didn’t display the entire truth to Mr. Cleareye, there was a real and substantial trial to steal the documents by someone, who without using any brute force penetrated it. Conclusively, changing the code, even if useless at the moment, may prove to be the most rational action at the time.

While adjusting the fine clockwork mechanism for the according change, Ruhig said…

“Now if you’d excuse me, I need to tinker it a little and check its structural inegreity.”

“Do as you say Mr. Ruhig.” Responded Cleareye.

The next few minutes, Ruhig fixed the new code, carefully memorizing for himself every digit. Making mistakes was not an accepted outcome. In an instant, he replied…

“It is done.”

“Good. Well, off I go.” Said Cleareye.

“So early ?” Asked Ruhig jokingly.

“I still have to write down that report.”

“Naturally. Well, good luck further Mr. Cleareye.”

“Thanks.”

“I suppose you know where the exit is ?”

“Yeah sure.” Said he starting slowly to walk out.

“Oh, one last question. Where is your enthusiastic partner Mr. Cleareye ? He added a certain bonus of entertainment.”

“He finally got the time working for him.” Samiled Mr. Cleareye.

“Could you transmit him something from me when you see him ?”

“Sure.”

“Tell him he owns me an apology.” Added Ruhig returning back to a joyous attitude.

“Oh I’ll tell him.” Said Cleareye laughing a little.

“Gave a nice evening Mr. Cleareye.”

“Thanks, you too.” As he left the vault room, and successively the embassy.

Ruhig just took sit on of the couches saying heavily, mostly to himself…

“Tomorrow, this ends *sigh*.”

He just lied there for another 10 minutes, rather tired, trying yet to sort al the events that happened today. The worst was left behind. Yet in his opinion, the “fun” should arrive tomorrow. The documents have been found, preserved, and his reputation, at least legally, cleaned up. But the one who took them out of the safe the last night still remains unaware of the finding. During a full day of analyzing and observation, Ruhig concluded that a circle of ponies may have done it, but due to potential intrigue of the plot, names won’t be named yet. For now, a small leisure time has arrived and, he thought to himself…

“I just now pay attention that I didn’t eat almost anything today. Life priorities…”

Rather basic and primitive concerns comparing to his other thoughts today, but not less important. So, after another few seconds of sitting quiet and comfortable, Ruhig got up putting yet again on his back the briefcase, slowly exiting the sleeping embassy. There was nothing more left to do there.

He went out of the embassy, inhaling calmly the cold air of Canterlot. While taking out again his pocket watch, he deducted that he could afford another exit in the city, as it was no later than 8 PM. Rather late actually, but perfectly acceptable for the social class to which he was belonging. Thus he took off, landing in another 5 minutes in the most popular and socially active area of Canterlot. Though he wanted some peace and quiet, Ruhig couldn’t think of another are with a larger concentration of good, late working restaurants on a square kilometer.

Once landed, many of his suppositions were confirmed. Everywhere, he saw various distinguished mares and gentlecolts walking around. Night time, is the period when they become socially active, escaping the “heavy” duties concerning either their honest affair, or their everlasting and sometimes useless spending of capital. Briefly saying, all the rich ponies walked out for a walk.

Ruhig’s financial and social predispositions may certainly classify him in this category, yet there were many elements related to morality and mentality he didn’t like about them. “Didn’t like” is of course a strong expression, but the above stated elements may be compared to something as rudimentary as a small rock stuck in the horseshoe. Without further endue, Ruhig was walking right in one of the most famous and respected restaurants Canterlot had to offer. The name of the place manages to cast doubt on any possible contradictions related to its social brand: “Foie Grasse D’or”. A name which is rather easy to be translated by polyglots such as Ruhig himself, but absolutely undecipherable by most of the sassy, yet confident Canterlot elite.

As he entered, the image of the place started to be confirmed even more. This place, at least in his opinion deserved some respect, as it possessed many curious attributions. The first thing which was easily seen, or better, heart, was the small room orchestra playing live music for those, who can’t digest in a monotonous ambiance. Then there was the luxurious illumination created by a multitude of tall, crystal chandeliers placed symmetrically around the entire 3 level tall room, with one prominent large chandelier placed in the very center of the composition. Another detail was the canvas decorating the walls. The interior of the structure was covered in a silk canvas embroidered in a neo-classical manner, having a tasteful light green color and golden details. Generally, there are too many fine details to be told, though the last thing worth mentioning is that the place was truly vivant.

And so, he walked up to the restaurant host, asking if there are any tabled for one free at the moment. He replied with an accent which, at least to Ruhig opinion seemed cheaply reproduced…

“Excuse moi monsieur, but they are all busy, we have a free table for 4 persons if you are interested.”

Wanted to “play along” Ruhig answered…

“Eh bien, c’est acceptable pour le moment. Mais, est ce que je peux esperer de ne pas etre derange ?”

“Sorry, what ?”

“Aaah, much better” as he smiled a little continuing “Can I hope for privacy ?”

“Yes, of course sir.” Said the host while pointing out at the table. “The table was reserved to a bridal couple, though they couldn’t come today.”

“Understand. Good evening” Said Ruhig while walking up to the unoccupied table.

Though he didn’t want to admit this to himself, it was quite a delectable moment. The sensation of surpassing someone working on his own terms, pitiful, yet entertaining emotion.

The moment he took a sit, he started to attract some apparently suspicious eyes. Though he had all the reasons to motivate such “admiration” toward him, Ruhig just preferred ignoring them while giving his order to the waiter. All he had to do from now on was waiting for his food, and enjoy the rest of the night. The pleasant musical atmosphere starting to act on the principle of a veritable painkiller, relieving him of all the stress, and returning him definitely to the “playful” and calm ambassador he is indeed.

After around twenty minutes of relaxation, the first dishes arrived at his table. As educated since foalhood, a good meal should be started with something hot, preferably a soup of some sort. And this is what he exactly received. Thus, he started mixing the papillary and phonic experiences, helping further unravel the events which have happened and those bonded to happen, a bit later. Despise the common accepted etiquette, he didn’t put on any napkin, in order to prevent some accidental stain. As Ruhig lacks the accuracy of a mature unicorn telekinesis and is usually overwhelmed by his (mostly hidden) impulsive character, the “precise and clean” consumption of food of any kind is more likely a reflex developed on a basis of muscular memory, just as playing the piano.

Yet, he could obviously see he is being observed. As knowing through social media and city gossip most of the ponies passing their time here, Ruhig thought that the odds of meeting an interlocutor of at least his level, was dim. But, you can’t chose ponies, they choose you, and that is what actually happened next. During the time he was eating, some nearby ponies were having quite an entertaining time, laughing, chatting, and occasionally looking and even talking about him. At some point in time, a few of them supposedly built up the courage and approached him.

They were 2 stallions, and a mare. All of them seemed to be in the same age group as Ruhig, in their 20’s, yet looking a lot younger than our hero. Perhaps it was due to the lack of white hair (Ruhig’s natural color), or classical suit. They were all dressed for active sports, such as tennis, or even golf.

The first stallion, after his face expression was deduced to be a “pack leader” of some sort. Charismatic smile, athletic constitution…and a loud mouth. The second, at least to Ruhig seemed to be the backbone of many solutions, and maybe even more conflicts. Smart eyes, sight glasses, tall constitution, and by the face expression, a level of intelligence above the medium, though Ruhig didn’t even dare to guess “How much above ?” Regarding the young mare, there was actually little to say. Good body shape, vivant face expression, and a presumable lust for gossips, as judged by how much she whispered by their own table.

Returning to the general picture. The 3 young ponies approached Ruhig who was naturally still in the process of consumption. The “pack leader”, approached saying…

“Hello, excuse me, are you Ambassador Ruhig ?”

Ruhig calmly swallowed the content in his mouth responding “At your service.”

“Can me and by friends take sit here ?”

“Well of course. Such things shouldn’t even be asked permission for.” Ruhig said with a small smile.

“Great, great.” As the small group beseated near him.

The second “supposedly intelligent” unicorn continued…

“So, Mr. Ambassador, how’s the life ?”

“Vivant sir, but incomparable to the level of social self-implication you seem to poses.” Continuing in the same calm and playful tone.

Though actually, since the very first seconds, everything became clear about those 3 good friends. Just to think of it, 2 stallions and a mare in their pride, potentially rich and life fulfilled see somepony who appeared in the news, for a reason as curious as a heist. A “conversation” of such a composition is to be considered “conversation worthy material”. For Ruhig, this wasn’t a conversation, it was more of a bonus entertainment included with the meal. The young unicorn continued…

“Yeah, but I mean….didn’t you experience anything interesting in the last 24 hours ?.....Mr. Ambassador.”

“Oh yes, actually something of ahighly interesting nature.” Continued Ruhig with an invisible satiric attitude.

“Like what ?” Interrupted the mare.

“Well, I met today a group of 3 very good friends *smiles*. Other details of my career life may actually bore you.”

The mare continued…

“I read that there has been stolen from your embassy some…..important papers. And, aren’t you the main suspect Mr.…?”

“Ambassador.” Ruhig completed her, laughing up inside.

“What ?....Anyway, I read you are the main suspect.”

“I suppose you are rather misinformed miss, the article you read is outdated.” Ruhig continued jokingly thinking “Incredible, reading is a competence they have achieved. This promises to be entertaining.”

The first athletic stallion continued…

“What do you mean…outdated ? They told us about it this morning.”

Ruhig thought “ Hmm “told us”. Cut out the reading copmpetence, heh.” Continuing in loud voice…

“Sorry sir, I am not comfortable talking with those whose name is unknown to me. Wither you present yourself, wither you leave and approach me during my working ours.”

“Why would you need my name ? We’re all friends here.” As he started to up, chain-affecting the small group.

“I prefer the term “Allies” personally.”

Ruhig looked up at him, observing for the first time that the stallion had imprinted on his shirt his very name telling in his mind “Silly me.” Then, he continued in loud voice continuing to entertain himself…

“So. Mr. Corner, is there anything else you wanted to ask me ?”

“How did you guess my name ?”

Ruhig just stood there, barely holding himself up in the trial not to burst in laughs. He briefly said “Observation spirit.”

“You talk to us like we’re some kind of ruffians Ambassador.”

Ruhig just stood in silence sipping from his soup. Suddenly, the second unicorn interrupted paying attention to an intriguing for them detail.

“So, Mr. Ambassador, you say you are innocent ?”

“Yes.” Answered Ruhig already a little bored.

“So, you didn’t steal any documents ?”

“Brilliant perception. Please make your point a little faster.”

“Then you wouldn’t mind if we….looked inside your briefcase.” Continued the unicorn while levitating away from Ruhig his briefcase.

Ruhig just thought up for himself “The instigate, provoke, mock, and…steal ? Perfect sample of the morals developed by my generation.” Continuing loudly, and slowly…

“Sir, put the case back. Now.”

“Oh come one. All in good fun…Ambassador.” Added mockingly the mare.

“Carry on such case.” Said Ruhig while returning in his joking attitude.

“So you don’t mind ?” Responded Corner”

“But be warned, inside may lay things beyond an average limited comprehension.”

“Like government secrets and that stuff ?” Asked the mare mockingly.

“Matters, which can literally be seen only after achieving a certain level of enlightenment.” Continued Ruhig with an unobservable joking attitude.

Soon, the 3 ponies open the above mentioned briefcase. Ruhig wasn’t sure of their motives, but he was well aware they were not quite of a constructive nature. The most probable version would just be the desire to mock. Ruhig, actually found entertainment in them, though under usual circumstances, mocking a diplomatical figure is something…little recommended to do. Yet he waited for them to unravel the mysteries of an empty brief case, holding back his own enthusiasm.

“There’s nothing here !!” Responded Corner.

In the meantime, Ruhig stood up from the desk, asking loudly…

“Waiter, could you bring my note please ?”

While Ruhig was paying up for the unusually short meal, leaving a little the 3 were growing impatient. By the time the bill was paid, the unicorn replied…

“You said there were various secrets here.”

“Yes, I did. But I also stated that only an enlightened pony will manage to comprehend them. Please derive the conclusions yourselves.”

“So you lied to us.”

“Sir, what’s your name ?”

“Bucephal.” Said the unicorn aroused.

“I’ll give you a piece of advice which should be memorized well Bucephal. By the way, excellent name. A nation always needs brave and courageous fighters for its freedom, but wars, true blood filled wars, can be equally well won through methods as refined and delicate as secret keeping. Now before I tell to many useful advices myself, I will have to part away from your joyous and most delectable company.”

“Wait wait, you ain’t even gonna shake our hooves ?” Asked Corner.

“You…want me to shake your hoof ?” Said Ruhig slowly with a sublime intonation of disgrace.

“I don’t give a flying feather how they do things back your home, but here in Canterlot, we don’t finish something up until we shake hooves.”

Ruhig just went slowly towards them, taking with a very rapid and accurate gesture his briefcase subsequently turning his back away from them. Then he slowly started walking away and saying…

“I would gladly, sincerely. But where I come from, shaking hooves is a sign of mutual respect, something which both sides of the current agreement lack either due to the limitation of time, or intellectual property. Good bye.”

Corner continued “Now what do you mean by that Ambassador, you makin fun of us ?”

Ruhig answered briefly “Heavens no sir. Have a nice day.” Continuing in his mind “Well, at least I can’t make fun of somepony then the ethical limitations imposed to be by his intellect level.”

The 3 ponies just continued chatting between themselves. As predicted by their level of environment perception, the ideas expressed by them were anything but intelligent. Mostly mocking Ruhig and calling him various names. A few seconds after that, they returned to their own tables, continuing their “fine” ambiance.

Right after hearing those last relative towards him reactions, Ruhig exited the “Foie Grasse D’or”, inhaling yet again the cold and fresh air if the city. Though after such a rich conversation, he got a certain persistent sensation of dirtiness. He continued to mumble…

“Didn’t even have the chance to eat properly without the young high society showing me her best attributes. Though perhaps it’s just my perception playing jokes on me here. Those instigators now, more than ever, seem to be born in many more and diverse sociopolitical classes. They always existed, but now their influence is stronger than ever. I desperately need a shower.”

He took off, finally heading towards his house. Yet this time, tiredness seemed to take over more and more. The way back home lasted a little above half an hour, considering the impediments created by the winds and physical predisposition.

After penetrating the cloud barrier, the sky gained a completely different nature. A horizon filled with an immeasurable amount of celestial objects. The stars, creating an esthetic tessellation which couldn’t be fully understood from the relatively, low levels of atmosphere on which he was flying. And the, there appeared the pearl of the sky, the moon, irradiating across the entire Equestria cold, yet comforting moonlight. Yes, the night is, at least in his opinion, the most poetic part of the day.

But the admiration of the environment didn’t last long, as he finally made it to the house. While walking past the main entrance, Ruhig stretched instinctively his right wing, turning on the light switch. The atmosphere inside the house, wasn’t perfectly defining the word “Welcome”. Since the capital search organized in his house by the Equestrian Security Services, everything was thrown around, creating an impression of a literally “Organized Chaos”. He barely made it to the gramophone, setting a random record of classical music. Now, at least the phonic ambiance didn’t seem so polluted, unlike himself, and the rest of the house.

Ruhig went straight to the chicken, which worthy to mention, wasn’t less dirty, making himself a cup of tea. A few minutes later, while sitting in the hall-room with that very cup, he was contemplating the list of actions planned for tomorrow. This didn’t last long, as he briefly gave himself in the analyzing of the events which happened today. While remembering the fact that the treaty was stolen, the fact that it was found in a place somehow predicted by him, and nether the less, the potential committer, he mumbled…

“Either I am one of the most intelligent Ambassadorsto represent the homeland, either the blindest of them all” As he sipped continuing “I am inclined more towards the second option. *sigh*”

He sipped some more continuing “At least tomorrow shall be dedicated entirely to fun…in my conception which is.”

The reader may agree, it was quite a long day. After finishing the tea, Ruhig went to the kitchen washing up the cup, and hurtling straight in the bedroom. He took off the suit, climbing right up in the bed. Though earlier planned to take care of the hygiene, the body was left senseless, given up to the carnal and psychological bliss of sleep. By this time point, all the kinesthetic and phonic sensations, though barely existent, seemed rather substantial to him. He was feeling everything, the warmth of the bed, the wind outside the walls of the house, and his very own heartbeat. Soon, everything basically faded out. Such physiological processes can’t be fully described even in a variety of separate theses, so it’s earier to say he fell asleep.

Tomorrow a new day was coming, on in which the subconscious hoped, and perhaps even planned to sort everything out.

Comments ( 6 )

3838377
A lot of people simply do not start reading fic which was not updated for a long time - too big risk of it being abandoned.
For example I have this one from like autumn or maybe summer in 'check later' list. I recall I found it accidentally but despite interesting description and zero dislikes decided to check later if it will be updated. And several times I got back here it looked like it is dead.
I planned to delete it today from my list but saw your comment.
So - what are your plans for this story ?

3916542 Well, I am quite busy. Such a life period. ^^;
But eventually, I just wish finish it and go on :ajsmug:
PS: And such silly question. If you have read it. Do you have any opinion or critic ? :twilightsmile:

3919317
Well, I did not plan to check it now due to the reasons mentioned above. But after your question - I read it and I like it :twilightsmile:
Maybe my perception is playing tricks on me but last chapter seems to be much better quality than the fist. Also I like your characters :)
As to the critic: There are several thing that ticked me off.
1) They never use name of Ruhig's home country. Everypony keeps referring to it as 'home land', 'our country' etc never using it's name. Even Equestrians. It seems very terribly unnatural for me. Even if you keep hiding the name for some reasons - it cannot do for so long. Country with established diplomatic relations and decades of relationship with Equestria could not be unnamed and your characters should use some name to call it.
2) Dialogue between Ms.Touche and Ruhig on the way to observatory you used to introduce reader to history between the countries is strained and too artificial.
3) Constant switching between present and past tense was a bit annoying sometimes.
4) This moment

But, without him knowing, Ms. Touche didn’t leave the floor, supporting her ear on the door, listening in.

clashes greatly with the rest of the story - while you use 3-rd person POV you describe only the things that Ruhig could see or know, and this sentence gives reader information which Ruhig cannot have. Also it is unnecessary because you gave information about Ms.Touche presence later:

So, the unwanted guests exited the room office, opening the door, by which still stood Ms. Touche listening in the entire conversation. As Mr. Alca exited, both he and Ruhig gave her a rather confused look.

5) Incident with Mr.Lock and Mr. Presspapier at observatory should have if not ruin the evening then at least be main event to talk about that evening and be all over newspapers next day. No way it could be left unnoticed.
6)

In a rather short amount of time, both Ruhig and Mr. Focus walked up to the last floor, entering Ruhig’s office. Mr. Lock took place on a chair before Ruhig’s desk, while Ruhig sat by it, facing in a relaxed manner Mr. Lock.

Are Mr.Lock and Mr.Focus the same person ? I thought it was Word Focus and Lock Shock...
7)

Ruhig went straight to the chicken,

Well I think ponies are omnivores with Applejack keeping pigs etc, but in this case you meant kitchen I suppose ? :pinkiehappy:
8) Ruhig's home seems a bit overpowered for me. Or at least there is too much direct praising it's power over Equestria. It does not seem to be needed by story plot.
Overall I like the story even if the fist chapters look a bit unpolished for me.
I would advice one thing though. While I personally like bigger characters (~10-20k words are the best), they do good only if you can keep constant publication rate, be it one per month or one per two months. But in this case even if you write big chapter I think it would do good to split it in smaller chapters and publish with predetermined frequency while you work on the next one. This way you will have much more visibility of the story and potential readers will see it alive.
And as matter of regular comment - I hope Ms.Touche is not culprit because she was hinted too heavily for me to be real one. Or it is at least much more complicated then her simple being hired thief.
Also now when I read it I have the next question - could you at least hint when do you plan to get back to the story ?
And thank you for the story :twilightsheepish:

3919945 Wow, thank you very much for the critic. Really appreciate it :twilightsmile:
Regarding its very content, I actually agree with most of the faults you mentioned :twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish:
1.) The only reason I didn't mention the name of that empire is because....frankly, I didn't think of a name good enough at the moment, wanted it to be special. But I actually thought of one recently....."Campfierro" :) From the german word "Campf" meaning "war" and the Italian word "Fierro" meaning "Iron". Wanted to show that the empire is closely related to a military past and to industrial development )
2.) Agree on that one. But I still can't master exposition well enough ^^;
3.) I am not a native English speaker. So yes..... ^^;
4.) Actually.....that makes a lot of sense. It would have been a lot more natural.
5.) True....... :facehoof: ^^
6.) My grammar needs perfecting ^^
With all that said, thank you very much for taking the time to read it, and bring such a well balanced critic :) I really appreciate it :>
Regarding finishing it up......
There is one or 2 more chapters left, about the same volume as the last one. Yet I can't find time to go deeper and finish them. I am very occupied, and admit it, a little lazy here :twilightsheepish:
But, I really think I should force myself to finish it up already ^^
Again, thank you very much for the attention :)

3920042
:twilightsmile:
I'll wait for the rest of the story :twilightsmile:

3921865 I really will try :twilightblush: :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment