• Published 28th May 2013
  • 500 Views, 15 Comments

Dividing Unity - Bently96



Ruhig Fortepiano is a Pegasus activating in Equestria as the ambassador of a powerful, unnamed empire. Soon, he encounters new relations as a new worker arrives under his subordination, and the 2 kingdoms achieve an earlier unseen, strive for unity..

  • ...
0
 15
 500

Observatory Spirit

As the natural cycle of nature goes on in a perpetual manner, the sun rays yet again show their rare strings through the mountains of Equestria. Slowly, the light started to cover the kingdom, up from the clouds, till the darkest of the corners. At a certain moment, eventually it started to fill Clouds Dale and Ruhig’s house. By the time light started to crawl up his bed, Ruhig was already out, enjoying the brand new day. Yet he was still sleepy, his mind was already starting to process new and partially random thoughts planning a day, which gives him an interesting event as well as closing him to another. Taking his head out of the window for a short instant, Ruhig felt yet again the cold wind, that seemed to be unwind more intensively after every single day. The atmosphere, seemed to get more intense for Ruhig, who, realizing the responsibilities that should follow him these days, still prefers to percept the life as a musical opera, that gathers beauty and passion, on the way of its interpretation, rather than as a clock mechanism, that while still working gracefully, doesn’t play anything more than a soft, but monotonous ticking. Those thoughts were orbiting Ruhig quite frankly most of his life, though he seemed to overpass that constant internal struggle, resuming his casual morning activities.

After sipping his morning tea, and finishing his usual, voluminous breakfast, he went to his wardrobe, picking, ironically monotonously for him, the same tailored black striped suit he wore every day. He gently threw it on a backrest, putting on his snow white shirt, followed by his intense red colored tie. He took the suit off from the backrest, leaving his house, in order to start the working day. Closing the door, Ruhig made the first step on his cloud with a mannerism resembling a childish jump, putting on his suit, just before making the last steps on the cloud that was supporting his house. With an original enthusiasm hidden under a serious face, he widened up his wings, jumping down the sky. Several seconds after, he started slowly to hover in the air, and usually for him, enhancing his speed almost on place. The only apparent reason Ruhig was performing these unusual flight details in the air, is because, that was the only place, he could let, at least a part of his spirit out. Finally, he flew near his work place, feeling in the air a more vivant atmosphere then usually. Finally, he landed at the base of the embassy; the working day started. He entered the building, and as usually warmly saluted all the working contingent. Ruhig was heading towards his secretary Misses Inkdrop, an old unicorn who served for this embassy just as long as Mr. Presspapier. She was wearing a light green ladies suit, and a pair of round shaped yeyglasses.

“Good morning Misses Inkdrop, how are you doing ?” said Ruhig with an almost unremarkable smile.

“Quite well Mr. Ambassador, thank you for asking.” Replied she back while browsing through papers.

“Have there arrived any papers for me this morning ?” said Ruhig with the same tonality.

“While yes Mr. Ambassador, there is a certain list of documents needed to be read and signed by you by the end of the day” said Inkdrop as she put on her work desk a relatively small pile of papers.

“Thank you Misses Inkrop” said he brightening up a little “I suppose this day will go a little easier on me, have a nice day” said he while taking the papers and started heading towards his cabinet.

“Thank you Mr Ambassador” said she while turning back as well to her usual duties.

Ruhig went up to his office, gently opening the door, as is someone was sleeping inside, and as gently closing it back. He arranged all the papers he needed to work on today on the desk, taking a little peek through the window, then sitting back down at his table. Ignoring the slow speed with which he sat down, he took one of the papers from the pile with an unusual speed and motility, specific for piano players, starting to read it. After a few minutes later, Ruhig practically stoned, his only visible movements being his hooves regularly switching the documents he read, and his eyes, navigating through the lines. And so, he passed his time an hour, until he heart a door knock.

“Come in” said he while still reading with a dead lock on the documents.

It was Mr. Presspapier, arriving from his office, with a pair of eyeglasses folded in an external pocket of his suit.

“Hello Ruhig, wanted to escape my office and the paper work a little.” Said Mr. Presspapier sighing a little.

“Yes, I understand, this paper work consumes all my creative nature, thank higher forces I almost consumed all of it as well” said he while continuing to read, and smiling a little.

“As talking about creativity, how did your new “Chargé d'affaires”, Miss Touche, reacted to your original welcoming ?” said Presspapier rather intrigued.

Ruhig shivered for an unobservable even for him fraction of second…….

“Well if you put it that way, let’s say it ended a lot better than I expected” said Ruhig finally turning his eyes from reading the documents, and childishly smiling.

“Hmm, so what did you do Ruhig ?”

“Well, we were both invited to that ball at the observatory today, remember ?”

“Yes, we both received invitations for a “+1” as well. I used mine, you kept yours thinking you wouldn’t even go there, nether less inviting someone” a sudden realization ignites in Mr. Presspapier’s head “Aaaaah, you did what I think you did ?”

“Well, she seemed so nice to me, I thought it would be polite of me to invite her there. Exquisite atmosphere, unusual guests, thought this would make her happy.”

“That’s the first time I ever recall in your ambassador career that you invited a miss to a ball. You went to balls sometimes, I remember you call them “gatherings of society’s caprices”.”

“Well, call it the way you like Mr. Presspapier, it’s my form of apology.” Said Ruhig with a nihilist attitude.

“No Ruhig. You were always polite, but that’s a first by you.” Said Mr. Presspapier laughing.

“I suppose, but you know me well enough Mr. Prespapier, I always do something like that.” said Ruhig being unwillingly a little irritated.

“I see, Ruhig, you just won’t admit it until the end. Wait, I’ll return in few minutes; said Presspapier as he left Ruhig’s office.”

“Do as you must, as yet I don’t get your point Mr. Presspapier”; said Ruhig a little confused while trying to concentrate again at the documents.

After a few minutes, Mr. Presspapier walks in with an old book, with a red leather hard cover. He walks up to Ruhig’s desk and puts the book on it, with a proud smile.

“Hmm, what is that ?” said Ruhig slightly turning his eyes away from the papers.

“Well, it’s a book Ruhig” said Mr. Presspapier while laughing.

“This is quite obvious, but what is it about ?” asked Ruhig smiling a little.

Mr. Presspapier passes his hoof above the dusted of old age cover, revealing a golden drawing of a mare and a stallion dancing in a ball manner.

“I think I already understood.” Said Ruhig becoming a little bored.

“Everything you would need to know for such an occasion. You can’t go at a ball without some basics Ruhig. I think you need to make this night memorable for you as well” said Mr. Presspapier smiling.

“But I’m not a dancer, I don’t even recall the last time I danced, with somepony else except……no importance”; said he with a secretive attitude.

“Ruhig…….you’re a musician, it’s all about rhythm, you sure have that inside of you, somewhere. Just take a look in it when you’ll have a spare moment. It’d be a shame if you, as her stallion, didn’t invite her to dance under a waltz.” Replied Mr. Presspapier.

“I suppose you’re right. I shall read it after I’ll be done with the rest of these documents” Ruhig takes a look at literally a few left papers “Yet my devotion towards……somepony, still makes me feel uncomfortable”

“See you at the ball Ruhig” said Mr. Presspaier as he was leaving Ruhig’s office.

“Can barely wait for it” said Ruhig smiling for a brief moment.

“And Ruhig…..eh, who is that somepony you just mumbled about? , just curious” said Presspapier while rapidly turning back.

Ruhig just looked with a provoking smile towards Mr. Presspapier replying proudly “Somepony truly special for me”

“Ah, alright….” said Mr. Presspapier a little misled while leaving the office.

“Good day to you as well” said Ruhig taking a short laugh.

So, Ruhig took a look at his pocket watch in order to be able to schedule a bit more time efficiently the rest of his day. It was nearly 12 o’clock in the afternoon. He retrained his calamity and continued analyzing the papers. After another 30 minutes he finished reading and signing all the trusted to him documents, finally being able to have some leisure time for himself. Ruhig didn’t take Mr. Presspapier’s words as serious as usually this time, considering the fact that they weren’t related to work questions, as much as personal matters. He stood up from his desk, walking around it a little. At a point, he saw the old book Mr. Presppapier gave him, giving it a look that mixed up both shame and ignorance. Right after this, he took a deep breath, exiting his office, and approaching Misses Inkdrop.

“Misses Inkdrop, may I ask of you a favor ?”

“Yes, of course.”

“I have to do some extra reading today, could you just enter my office around 4 o’clock in the afternoon to remind me of time, just in case” said he while stretching a little his neck.

“Of course Mr. Ambassador.”

“Thank you” said Ruhig while walking back to his office.

Straight after walking in the close the door, and made a few quick circles around the room. He came up to his desk and picked up the book Mr. Presspapier gave him. He picked it up and randomly browsed through the old dusted pages filled with text and drawings. He walked up to a sofa placed at the corner of the office, sitting on it. He was mumbling a little “I can’t actually believe I’ll give it a try”, then he lifted up his voice a little and said, as to himself…

“Well, if I have nothing better to do until 4 o’clock, then why not” said he with a little smile.

Ruhig started reading the book, trying to make sense out of the detailed list of age old instructions. To his own amazement he entered rather fast in the concept of the depicted information and situations, starting to take little by little interest. After an undetermined amount of time he arrived to the list depicting the very procedure of waltz dancing. He was reading the pages with a relative interest, amazed at how a simple dance may have so many instructions. Specific for Ruhig’s nature, he left his imagination play a certain role in the process of the assimilation. At a point he closed the book, and took out a gromophone, searching for a good record of a waltz, mumbling finally “Valse des fleurs, perfect”. He inserted the vinyl record inside the gramophone, picking up a pillow from the couch on which he was early sitting. Under the fine music, he started to dance, as if during a real ball. Ruhig was remembering the one soul he felt truly attracted to, receiving unusually a great pleasure from the idea he was heading to a ball, even if with somepony else.

After a while, he hears a knock on the door of his office. Until that moment, he was still imagining he was dancing, but right after hearing the door knock, he left this small Trans. He restrained a smile that appeared unnoticeably even for him, rearranging his bow-tie.

“Yes, come in please.”

In that moment, Misses Inkdrop slowly entered.

“Mr. Ambassador, it is 4 o’clock.”

“Oh, I almost forgot, thank you very much Misses Inkdrop.”

“Mr. Ambassador, is that a pillow you are holding right now ?” said she noticing the waltz musing still playing there.

“Oh yes, I was a little tired, wanted some extra comfort for my chair” said he while smiling and rapidly throwing the pillow back on the couch.

“Oh, excuse me Mr. Ambassador.” replied she a little uncomfortable.

“Oh, not to worry Misses Inkdrop. While still here, may I ask of you a last favor for today ?” said Ruhig while leaving the office and turning off the gramophone.

“What exactly Mr. Ambassador ?”

“Could you please arrange a transport waiting for me at the entrance of this embassy at 6 o’clock ?” said he while looking at his pocket watch.

“Of course.” Said she while leaving the office.

“Thank you” said Ruhig leaving the office and smiling with enthusiasm.

Ruhig left the building of the embassy, widening his wings and taking off. He was heading towards his Mansion in Clouds Dale, gaining a little extra thrust from the wind blowing from behind. Once arrived back home, he took off his usual suit, dressing up as fitting for a ball. He rearranged back in the wardrobe his usual white striped black suit and shirt, taking out a classical, tailed suit, and another white shirt with embroidered sleeves. As to finish up his ensamble, Ruhig put on a red bow tie and a top hat.

After preparing his outfit, he slowly exited his house, taking off as slowly. The ball suit, just as his usual, was impervious to wind or high speed, he just didn’t want to lose his top hat. After arriving back in Canterlot, Ruhig stopped at a flower shop, buying a small rose and a small and a larger bouquet. Since the the embassy was relatively close to the shop, he though he should simply walk back to it. When finally returning there, Ruhig saw the carriage drawn by 4 stallions was already waiting. He ran in the embassy, popping with a smile in Misses Inkdrop’s office.

“Misses Inkdrop, thank you for your help with my transportation question.” Said Ruhig smiling

“Oh, that was nothing Mr. Ambassador” said she while arranging some documents on shelves.

“Maybe not, but today you helped me a lot, here’s a small bouquet for you” Ruhig puts the bouquet on her table.

“Thank you Mr. Ambassador.” Replied she somehow confused.

“Have a nice day” said Ruhig with another short smile, while walking out of her office and the embassy.

Ruhig sat in the carriage, telling to his transporters for the night the destination. After around fifteen minutes of galloping, the carriage arrives at an elegant and relatively large, but in the same time ordinary house located close to the edges of Canterlot. After stopping in the front of the house, Ruhig takes a rose he bought earlier separately, cutting the very flower and inserting it in an external pocket if his suit. Then he gets off the carriage taking with him the second, larger bouquet bought the same day. He starts slowly walking on the path towards the house, who still had some lights on inside. Once finally arriving at the very door, he takes a deep breath, arranging his top-hat and knocking at the door. In less then a minute, the door was opened by Miss Touche. She was wearing an elegant blue ball dress, with a groomed mane. For a fraction of a second, Ruhig just stood in a small transe, but immediately regaining his usual enthusiasm and mannerism said…

“Good evening Miss Touche, you look, great.”

“Good evening Mr, Ruhig, thank you.” Said she smiling back.

“And, I almost forgot, this is for you Miss; hands to Miss Touche the bouquet. I didn’t know which flowers you like so I took the liberty and chose roses.”

“How lovely of you Mr. Ruhig” said Miss Touche while taking the bouquet. “I just have to put them in a vase, I will return in a moment.”

“Yes of course, take your time. I will be waiting here; said Ruhig randomly looking around.

He stood there and waited for a minute. He retained his confidence, being a little carried away in memories related to such occasions. Once she returned, Ruhig conducted her to the carriage, sitting in as well afterwards. Ruhig told his transporters the address of the Observatory, who immediately started heading there.

“So, Mr. Ruhig, where is the Observatory located ?” said Miss Touche trying to start a conversation.

“It’s actually not that far, I assure you it’s a marvelous building. And, as long as it’s worth making the point, many of the guests present there, will take part at events our embassy will organize in a few days.”

“Events related to what ?” said Miss Touche a little confused.

“To the alliance we and Equestria will soon achieve, codenamed “SAS”. I still can’t believe I take part in such a glorious event.” Said Ruhig briefly looking at her.

“Sass ?”

“Yes, “SAS”, translating as “Steel Alliance of Steam”, an economical-political alliance between us and Equestria.” Ruhig said realizing the similarities between the codename and the word and laughing a little.

“Oh my, this seems indeed like a makeable event.”

“Indeed yes, this economical alliance will be mutually beneficial for both our empires, having as another side effect the elimination of corruption and even monopoly.”

“Oh yes, that I was aware of.” Said she smiling.

“Good to know. Unfortunately, some private faces may be against it, as this alliance can disturb their monopoly and cut over some over excessive profits.” Ruhig said thinking.

“I see….”

“But through it, we will achieve as well another level of relations with Equestria. And to think that quite recently we were at the stake of war with each other” said Ruhig with a face expression denoting some concerns.

“Oh yes, I recall we were at stake at war when I was still little. Do you recall who was the aggressor Mr. Ruhig? It's just that those events seemed so inconsiderable back then.”

“Shamefully for me to say, it was us who were the possible aggressors. I too remember while being little, Zeppelins mobilizing all over our skies, ready to break the world balance.”

“My history is a little week Mr. Ruhig. So how was our conflict solved ?”

“Excellent question Miss Touche, you perhaps recall Mr. Presppapier ?” said Ruhig smiling.

“Yes, I mistook him by the ambassador yesterday.” Said she blushing a little.

“Well, you actually were right in a certain manner. You see, he was indeed the ambassador…..during those dark times. Mr. Presppaier put a lot of effort in preserving the peace between our 2 empires, you may as well call him a hero.”

“To think we were just foals, we had no concept of those events, not to mention about a right of participation.”

“Now times have changed, peace prospers, and we, Miss Touche, will take this peace to a new level.” Said Ruhig confidently while looking at her.

“Yes, splendid” said she while looking in the distance.

“We are almost there”

Soon, the carriage arrives at the observatory. Despise its name, it was large, university alike building, placed at the outskirts of Canterlot. It’s most visible architectural element were 2 tall observatory towers. During that night, a lot of attention was surrounding that building. Once driving closer, there were visible many carriages, leaving off at its entrance, precious guests of high hierarchical positions in the society. Once arrived there, a valet dressed in a red suit, opened for Miss Touche and Ruhig the doors of their carriage, letting them enter the building where the event was held. While entering, another valet announced their presence. Ruhig and Miss Touche were slowly walking through the luxurious ambiance and famous figures.

“I can’t actually believe I am here, I can recognize so many figures here” said Miss Touche while smiling and looking at Ruhig. “I think I even saw some Sapphire Shores.”

“You’re quite welcome” he smiled “I’ll make you familiar with some guests that we might see sooner at our embassy in the meantime.”

“Mr. Ruhig, over here !” said a stallion waving from a company of a few other mares.

“Mr. Ruhig, who is that gentleman over there ?”

“Oh, he is Mr. Word Focus, owner of many popular magazines and newspapers. If there are news he ironically is always there. If you need a source of fresh gossip or information, he is you choice. If you need a secret keeper” Ruhig leaned his head unsurely, “let’s just say I or Mr. Presspapier are more reliable” said he laughing a little.

“I’ll keep that in mind” she smiled.

Ruhig and Miss Touche were walking quit close to each other towards Mr. Focus and his company. Mr. Focus is a unicorn, being of height greater than even Ruhig, but much skinnier. He had a yellow coloring, wearing a light brown suit. In a few seconds they were next to each other. Ruhig firmly approached Mr Focus, shaking his hoof.

“Hello Mr. Ruhig, glad you made it here.” Said Mr. Focus.

“Circumstances Mr Focus, circumstances, glad to see you.”

“And who is the lady next to you ?” said Mr. Focus while giving a slightly provoking look to Miss Touche.

Ruhig gave Miss Touche a short calm look suggesting she should present herself.

“Touche Finale, “Chargé d'affaires”, nice to meet you Mr. Focus.”

“The pleasure is all mine.”

Mr. Focus turned back to Ruhig with a confident air.

“Mr. Ruhig, it’s so nice that you found time to come here, considering the further events that will require your presence.”

“Yes, well, we all need an escapade from time to time.” Said Ruhig while looking around.

“As we are still on this, I made a few calculations, about this new “Alliance”….”

“I am listening.” Replied rapidly Ruhig realizing the direction of this conversation.

“It may have some negative effects on my monopoly over the media domain, this being between us.” Said Mr. Focus leaning his head close to Ruhig.

“Don’t worry Mr. Focus, knowing the name of your, brand, this shouldn’t affect your profits too much.”

“But still” leans even closer “is there anyway, you could correct this matter ?”

In that moment Ruhig made a few steps back and restrained his bow-tie…

“Mr. Focus, I am a servant of both our empires, I am truly sorry but I am not mixing business with diplomacy and politics” slaps Mr. Focus over the back “You’ll do just fine.”

“Well, expect me to be in touch with you Mr. Ruhig.” Said Mr. Presspapier confidently smiling.

“Naturally, have a nice evening Mr. Focus.”

Ruhig slowly walked away together with Miss Touche.

“That was Mr. Focus for you Ms. Touche, influent and rich figure in the world of mass media.”

“He seemed….interesting.”

“I am not a person of gossip, but rumors have it he always has a reporter nearby, to record anything spicy.” said Ruhig lighting up.

“True reporter” laughs gently.

Ruhig and Miss Touche walk a little more through the large ball room laughing and telling small jokes. For the first time, Ruhig was feeling relaxed doing a social gathering of such importance. After some minutes of chatting, Ruhig accidentally bumped in someone, though at a slow speed.

“Please pardon me, I wasn’t very careful” said Ruhig, making a few steps back.

“Be more careful next time” turns back with a relatively grumpy voice “Ambassador Ruhig, what a surprise to see you !”

“Mr. Steampuff, nice to see you made it to Equestria safe and sound.” Said Ruhig impressed.

Mr. Steampuff is a rich industrialist coming as well from Ruhig’s and Miss’s Touches’s homeland. As suggested by his name, his monopoly consists in the manufacture of steam engines, from vessels, until military zeppelins. Most of their homeland was powered by the engines Mr. Speampuff and his family were producing during generations. He is an earth pony, of a cooper color, with a grey suit. He was older then Ruhig or Miss Touche, yet looking quite well.

“Starting to exploit slowly air transport for such journeys, I can feel this is the future of transportation.” Said Steampuff proudly.

“You do actually have a point Mr. Steampuff” smiles “As a pegasus, I can confirm. By the way, meet our new diplomat in the Kingdom of Equestria, our new “Chargé d'affaires”” pushes smiling Miss Touche near “Meet, Miss Touche Finale.”

“Nice to meet you Mr. Steampuff, I’ve heard a lot of you back home.”

“You probably read my name on the locomotive of a train or some vessel.” Answered back Mr. Steampuff smiling.

“Well, it has been nice seeing you Mr. Steampuff. We will see you again in a few days.” Said Ruhig.

“Be most certain Mr. Ambassador.” Said Mr. Steampuff while shaking Ruhig’s hoof.

After that Ruhig went away with a smile. Misses Touche was walking next to him.

“That, Miss Touche, was Mr. Steampuff, rich industrialist in the world of transportation. Quite an elevated personality, greatly concerned in the prosperity of his family enterprise.”

“This is quite understandable Mr. Ruhig. So, it appears there are indeed guests related to us here.” Said Ms. Touche intrigued.

“Quite a lot actually, I don’t actually know how I could present them all to you this evening.” Said Ruhig slightly concerned.

“Understand Mr. Ruhig.”

“I think I’ll leave some free time for you Miss Touche, I suppose I already took from you too much liberty during this evening” Ruhig leaned a little his head and started walking. “Have a good time.”

“Thank you again for inviting me here.” Smiled back Ms. Touche

“You’re quite welcome.” Said he while already walking away. “Too bad she isn’t here with me” Mumbled he sadly only for himself.

And so Ruhig started wondering alone through the masses, who, ironical to their position, were quite numerous. He took a brief look at Miss Touche from behind, taking a drink from a table nearby. During most of the balls, one of his few sources of entertainment was the piano, which, in many prestigious gatherings was present beneath the status of a musical instrument, becoming a condition of fashion. But, the current ball was passing in an observatory institution, so Ruhig was just searching for any other familiar face. At a certain point, the organizers of the ball, proposed to the guests of the evening a tour across the institution, including the observatory towers, and the research laboratories. Though most of they guests paid attention to the announcement, not too many were interested in observing the activities in which the host is involved. At that moment, partially of boredom, partially of curiosity, Ruhig decided to join in the little excursion. Once joining the small group joyously chatting the progress in the astronomical sciences, Ruhig finally saw a familiar face. It was Mr. Presspapier who was engaged in a conversation with someone else.

“Hello there Mr. Presspapier, so glad to see a familiar face.” Said Ruhig lighting up.

“Oh hello Ruhig, glad to see you too, though I thought you will be with Miss Touche for the night being.”

“Well” he started talking rapidly “everyone needs some private time, didn’t want to be an impediment to her for the evening, and” thinking a little “I love telescopes, so you can see me here now” Ruhig briefly smiled “So, when does the tour start ?”

“Just any moment now.” Said Mr. Presspapier looking at his wrist watch. “In the mean time, meet Mr. Lock Shock” Mr. Presspapier presents the stallion he was talking to earlier.

“Good evening Mr. Lock, ambassador Ruhig, nice to meet you.” Said he shaking Mr. Lock’s hoof.

“Nice to meet you Mr. Ruhig.”

Mr. Lock is an Equestrian unicorn, of a silver coat coloration, wearing a purple suit, and having a golden key as a cutie mark.

“Mr. Lock here is descending from an old locksmith dynasty, founder of “Lock Corp”, producing security devices for all of Equestria.” Addressed Mr. Presspapier to Ruhig.

“That is impressive Mr. Lock.”

“Thank you. Actually speaking Mr. Ruhig, you have a device of my concept in the building of your embassy as well.” Said he proudly.

“Hmm, I think I know which one exactly, but I find a certain interest in maintaining the intrigue, so, could you tell me Mr. Lock ?” Said Ruhig.

“The central vault Mr. Ruhig, one of my best creation have to admit, soon guarding some of the most precious papers of the decade.”

“Oh yes, indeed impressive, nice to meet the one who created such a remarkable machine.”

“While still talking about it, Mr. Ruhig, do you think my brand has a chance on the market of your homeland or vice versa after the alliance treaty is signed ?” asked Mr. Lock concerned.

Ruhig replied back “Hmm, my knowledge is very limited in this domain, but if you mean a monopoly by this, then this is highly contradictable.”

“Is there any way, you could help my cause Mr. Ruhig ?”

Ruhig said smiling briefly “Sorry Mr. Lock, those are too many work related question for today, this is a rare evening in which I rejoin the high society in order to relax.”

In the meantime, the tour began. The guide was passing the evening guests through all the facilities their building disposed of. They were passing through a great number of laboratories, research cabinets, and eventually, the very telescopes. The Observatory was equipped with 2 high powered telescopes, that, ignoring their technological novelty were designed in a classical baroque manner, typical for Ruhig’s and Mr. Presspapier’s homeland. Mr. Presspapier, Ruhig, and Mr. Lock were curiously admiring discussing on their way the technological progress they have managed to observe during their rather different generations.

At a point of the tour, they passed through the most unique room the observatory had to offer. It was a spacious room of a perfect spherical form though which only a thin corridor was passing. On a parallel with the corridor, on the edge of the spherical form there was visible a window, through which they saw another laboratory. In the center of the corridor, there was a larger spherical area, out of which the guests were able to see a metal sun statue. It’s rays were pipes with suspiciously black edges. While the small group was passing through the odd, yet intriguing room, Mr. Presspapier and Mr. Lock, stopped to admire the machinery constructed to resemble the sun. Ruhig, considering they were still somewhere near him continued the tour and exited the spherical room, entering the laboratory which had visual contact with it through the above mentioned window. Once exited, the guide closed the entrance to the room saying…

The guide said as following “ This, was our most innovational room, designed to simulate the nature of the sun controlled by our wise Princess Celestia. The statue of the sun there, is actually a compressor, which recreates the effects of the direct sun temperature, letting us observe and study its true nature.”

In the meantime, scientists nearby pull a certain number of levers and steering wheels.

“The temperature inside the room achieves thousands of degrees, thanks to the clever system whose main part is a tanker which constrains and ignites natural gas under great pressure. And in few minutes, the system will be ignited in order for you to observe its work.” Continued the guide.

In that moment Ruhig was amazed of the observed sights, gaining again some of his natural enthusiasm and mannerism.

Ruhig slightly laughed “Mr. Presspapier, I suppose, that this there isn’t the only chamber of constrained natural gas, is it ?” said he while leaning his head behind as if to Mr. Presspapier.

After just a few seconds, after noticing not a single reaction from his work colleague, Ruhig turns back, observing he is not present. He runs up to the door which exited in the spherical room, observing Mr. Presspapier and Mr. Lock were still inside.

Ruhig addressed to the guide, shouting “Some gentlemen are in the room, you have to stop the process now!!”

“The door is sealed, it can’t be opened, until the test run is over.” Said the guide panicking

“Mr. Presspapier, get out of there, NOW !!” said Ruhig who didn’t knew the windows were fully sound and heat proof.

In the meantime Mr. Presspapier and Mr. Lock were still admiring the sun that was starting to make some odd sounds.

“I wonder what is happening inside of it” said Mr. Lock curiously looking around the room, finally observing Ruhig mimicking.

“Mr. Prespapier, that’s Mr. Ruhig there, mumbling something. I wonder what is he saying ?” Continued Mr. Lock.

“You’re going to combust, get out now !” Shouted Ruhig from behind the reinforced door.

“Few know I can lip read Mr. Lock, let’s see……” Said Mr. Presspapier who started reading Ruhig’s lips “Leave…..room….now…….fire…..die. Mr. Lock, I think he tries to tell us to exit the room immediately.”

Mr. Presspapier and Mr. Lock arrive up to the sealed door lock, desperately trying to open it. In the meantime, once Ruhig saw they understood his message, he ran up to the other face of the door, trying to open it himself.

Presspapier said exhausted “It’s no use, the door is deadlocked, we don’t have the strength to open it.”

“Please step back Mr. Presspapier” said Mr. Lock who came close enough to the door, as for his horn to have direct contact with the lock.

Mr. Lock applied a magical spell, which caused the lock mechanism to shatter, being able to hear small details changing positions inside. After a few seconds of applied magic, the door opened. Ruhig, who felt as well, the door lock opening, started pushing the door harder, opening it together with Mr. Presspapier and Mr. Lock at last. They both rushed out of it, Ruhig closing the door back afterwards. A few seconds after the door was sealed back again, the “sun” ignited. During the sun burning with a proportionate infernal heat every corner of the room, the three, came up to the glass, observing it’s deadly splendor.

“How did you manage to escape, I thought the door was deadlocked.” Said Ruhig who was still watching the fire with a mild trans tendency.

Lock responded while watching the fire as well “As I said earlier Mr. Ruhig, I descend from a locksmith dynasty. My magic is aimed to operate with lock mechanisms of any kind imaginable. Yet, thank you for your efforts to help us.”

“I did what anyone would at least try to do.”

After the artificial sun burned all the continent of the gas tank, the small tour group still stood a little amazed at what they saw. But soon enough they turned back to the guide, who was still shocked yet indisputably happy that Mr. Lock and Mr. Presspapier made it out of there alive.

“The tour ends with this small demonstration. Now I shall conduct you back to the ball room. Thank you for the attention.” Concluded the guide.

So, the group departed from the researching and laboratories filled areas of the building returning back to the ball room. The ball room itself, was supposed to be a place where large, mechanical models of cosmic objects were supposed to be orbiting, but were taken off as to leave room for the celebration. Once arrived back, there Mr. Lock departed from Ruhig and Mr. Presspapier entering in chats with other personalities. In the mean time the ball room was slowly preparing for its main purpose. Everyone was choosing a dance partner. Ruhig, at first looking a bit ignorant, just took another drink and started watching everyone preparing for the waltz, sighing. A true amazement for him was that even Mr. Presspapier found himself a pair to dance with, leaving him without at least a chatting mate. This was the part Ruhig hated the most at any ball, the ball dance itself, the moment he realizes how lonely he actually is in Equestria, despise all the persons that evolve around him and vice versa. When that thought came through his mind, the only thing that stopped him from shedding a tear was the reputation he had to maintain.

Soon, the waltz has started, ironically for Ruhig, it was the waltz he was listening to earlier that day in his office “Valse des fleurs”. All the pairs were dancing in an arbitrary, yet so geometrically advanced position relative one to another. The ball room, lost its chaotic look, now it had the appearance of a clock mechanism. After less than thirty seconds, Ruhig was able to see for a brief moment Miss Touche at the other side of the large and voluminous ball room. Just like him, Ruhig saw she stood there lonely, having a drink on her own. Ruhig widened his wings and took off, flying over the organized crowd. He landed just near Miss Touche, unobservable for her, as she seemed to be carried away in some depressive thoughts of her own. Miss Touche put away her drink leaning one of her hooves on the table near her, looking at the dancing crowds. Ruhig quietly put his hoof near hers…

“Hello again Miss Touche” Said he smiling “How was your night ?”

“It has been a lot more monotonous since you departed Mr. Ruhig.” Replied she smiling back.

“However I am not sure whenever to be happy or sad of that.”

For some long moments both just stay there quietly sipping their drinks…

As the break the silence Ruhig said “Valse des fleurs, marvelous musical composition. Sad just, listening to it.”

“Yes, perhaps.”

“Would you consider this dance with me Miss Touche ? said Ruhig rapidly smiling

“Of course.”

Ruhig takes Miss’s Touche’s hoof, starting to dance with her, in a perfect synchronization with the music. Despise Ruhig’s usual mannerism, during the dance he was looking Miss Touche in the eyes, with an usual calm soft look. Suddenly, Ruhig’s evening gained color. He started finally to feel alive, as if Miss Touche, this lady he knows just for almost two days, managed to remind him of a better time.

And so, even after the waltz ended Ruhig spent the rest of his evening at the ball in the company of Miss Touche, engaging naturally in small conversation with others as well. Since that point on, hours started to pass for Ruhig relatively fast, the only bridge he had with time, being his personalized encrusted pocket watch he always had by him. The ball ended quite late, all the guests, being ironically full of energy for the time being. Now, all the incitation started happening outside, where the transport carriages were escorting every single guest. Quite soon Ruhig’s and Miss’s Touche’s carriage came by, letting them depart. They said goodbye from the other familiar to them guests entering the carriage, and heading back to Miss’s Touche’s home.

“It was a,….rather exciting night.” Said Ms. Touche looking at the horizont.

“Yes, those moments sometimes make you regret the uniformity of the world.” Said Ruhig with his nihilistic calm attitude

“What do you mean Mr. Ruhig ?”

“Well, the natural cycle, the day changing night and so on. I feel sometimes that night should unroll it’s splendor a little more, metaphorically speaking of course.”

“Understand.”

Ruhig smiled a little, felling his idea was uncaught. As of together with the title of Ambassador and consequent relocation in Equestria, beauties such as family or love have stayed behind.

Soon, after some time of silence, the carriage arrives at Miss’s Touche’s house. Ruhig opens her the door out of the carriage and conducts to the entrance through the path. Once arrived Ruhig takes Miss’s Touche’s hoof…..

“Thank you for the night Miss Touche.”

“I’m flattered, but it’s you who took me there.” Said she while slightly blushing.

“Honest to be, I wouldn’t have gone there alone. Basically, despise the fact that this night was my apology, you Miss Touche made my night.” Said Ruhig taking off his top hat smiling.

“We should do this more often then.” Replied smiling Ms. Touche.

“We will have the chance, don’t worry, as tomorrow we start preparing our own events. I am envy to see you tomorrow at work. Have a good night.”

“You as well Mr. Ruhig.”

Ruhig slightly takes again on and off his top hat smiling under it. He walks away, hearing the door slowly closing behind him. Once exiting Miss’s Touche’s propriety, Ruhig approaches the designated drivers for the night.

“Thank you gentlemen for your services during this night, you are free. Have a nice evening.”

The carriage drives off, leaving Ruhig alone in the street during the relatively night. For a few minutes he just walks there admiring Canterlot in the night time, playing through his mind the events that happened just a few hours ago, causing a certain fulfilled expression on his face. At a moment, he takes off, heading to his mansion in Clouds Dale. Ruhig returned back home at a relatively late hour, feeling, as specifically for his relatively bipolar nature, both energized and exhausted. He took of his suit arranging carefully it back in the wardrobe, and preparing to sleep. As usually, his mind was trying to plan the next day, ironically hoping for some unpredictable intriguing event. Ruhig fell asleep happy, knowing he puts up one of the most important relations in his life.