• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 1,997 Views, 11 Comments

Celestia's Mentor - K.J. Cragon



Twilight, while on her way to the Canterlot library, learns something that will change her life.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,997

Speaking Out

Twilight let the diary slip from her magical grasp, letting it almost drop to the floor before being caught by Celestia's own magic. She wanted to speak, she really did. She had to get answers, and truthful ones at that. Had Celestia been keeping this a secret, waiting for just the right time to tell her? Was she really Luna's birth mother? How?!

Celestia noticed Twilight's look of mixed distress and shock. She put the book back in it's hiding spot, and applied a relaxing spell to her student. Or should she call her her mentor now? No, she thought, I think I'll just stick with 'student' for now.

As she began to calm down, she looked up at Celestia and managed to ask, "Is... Is it true?"

Her mentor smiled a bit and said, "Yes, Twilight. You were my mentor." She saw her faithful student's eyes grow larger, as if accepting the truth now that it had finally been said out loud.

"But," Twilight asked. "Why are you telling me now? Why at this exact point?" She looked up to notice her mentor begin to bit her lip and tilt her eyes in a way to suggest there was something she wanted to say, but couldn't say too much.

She furrowed her eyebrows as Celestia finally spoke. "She, I mean you, Spoke to me the last time I saw her and said, 'When I come to you in search of need as a filly, help me, guide me to realize my true destiny. And when I turn of age, and only of that age, send me back in search of truth.' And that's what I have begun to do."

Twilight put a hoof to her chin, a habit she did when thinking. "My true destiny... Back in search of the truth... But that means-"

Celestia cut her off. "-Your true destiny is to go back in search of the truth. Twilight, my magical abilities are fading- and fast. I have waited far to long to show you what you are meant to do, and now both Luna and I are paying a harsh price."

Twilight gave her a confused look, making Celestia sigh slightly. "Luna," she began, "Could you come her please? Somepony special wants to see you."

Suddenly, a magical voice echoed around them both. "Sister, why would you say that when you know that I am... partially disabled at the moment? Can you just let me-" She stopped for a second, as if she was mentally looking around the room. "Oh. I guess she makes a difference though, doesn't she? I'll be right there, and I hope you told her everything."

The voice ended and Twilight was left in suspense for a couple of minutes before the doors opened, shining sunlight everywhere. Both Alicorn and Unicorn shielded their eyes with their hooves, not realizing that the room wasn't well lit before. Luna walked into the room, a somewhat smile on her face.

"Hello, Mother." She spoke In a somewhat unrecognizable tone.

Twilight cringed. She still hoped that this was just some crazy dream, but being called a mother- that was going to get used to. "Uh, hi, Luna."

"Don't you mean daughter?" Luna smirked and giggled to herself a bit, earning a disapproving glare from her sister. "Heh heh, sorry Twilight Sparkle. We are just a little happy that though knows that thy kin is close."

Twilight gave a nervous chuckle and nodded absentmindedly. Then she noticed what was different about the Princess of the moon: She was now partially see through.

Her eyes grew wide. "Luna! What... What happened to you?! Is there a spell on you, because I can help you get it off, I mean-" She was stopped short of the sentence by Celestia's hoof on her mouth, closing it shut.

"Luna here is not under a spell. Sadly, it is not that easy. Since she is your 'Daughter', and you only have a period of time to go back in time and... Get impregnated," Twilight winced at that word. "She is getting, lets say the word 'unborn.' If you miss out on your period of time to go back, than she will not have been born, and will have not existed."

"So," Twilight said to try and sum it all up, "If I don't go back in time to do... Stuff... Then luna will fade out into nothingness?" Celestia nodded. "I think I got it." She finally said after a moment of more thinking.

"Good. Now, I'm sure you remember that you wrote that you were 'Forever a moon raiser' in the journal." Nodding. "Then I have to give you the power to do so."

"But Princess!" Twilight gasped a little dramatically for her likings, though Rarity would have been proud. "Doesn't that mean You will be less powerfull? What if something evil attacks?!"

"Relax, Twilight," Luna said. "Its not like your going to be turned into an Alicorn, that ones WAY to overused!" Celestia and Twilight looked at her curiously with a little tilt in their heads. Luna just rolled her eyes. "Never mind," she said.

The solar Princess turned her head towards Twilight. "Relax my Faithful student," She said. "All that I am going to do is give you the power to raise the moon. I built it up while Luna was in the moon."

Twilight nodded. I think I might be starting to understand this, just a little bit, she thought.

"I'll do the spell, sister!" Luna suddenly had a deranged look in her eyes. She lit her horn and shot a powerful beam of dark blue magic at Twilight. It hit her and began swirling around her and then began collapsing in on her.

Celestia's eyes widened and she shouted, "No sister, Not the time spell, not yet!" But it was too late. The room cleared of all light and Celestia found her sister slumped on the floor and her mentor and student... gone.

In it's secret spot behind the cookbook, the diary lost four words from it's last page.

Forever a moon raiser was gone.

Comments ( 5 )

Well.... shit. I know I don't get to say this often but... Luna you idiot.:facehoof:

I like this and all, but what? Seriously, what? Luna, you dun goofed.

Comment posted by K.J. Cragon deleted Jun 11th, 2013
Comment posted by K.J. Cragon deleted Jul 12th, 2014

2708280

noo I never got to read them whinne:pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment