• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 1,312 Views, 36 Comments

The Great and Powerful Escape Artist! - Phoenix Quill



Trixie decides to reinvent herself as an escape artist! Randomness ensues for everypony!

  • ...
2
 36
 1,312

Epilogue

The party lasted from three in the afternoon, long into the night. Trixie partied with the rest of Ponyville as soon as she could get away from signing autographs. It seemed that sure enough she had finally been forgiven for her past deeds, and had an act so great that there was no need to exaggerate her skills any more.

The next day Trixie could be found sleeping for the most part, finally waking up late in the afternoon only to announce to Twilight, "It's time that I head on out."

Twilight blinked at her with confusion, "I thought that maybe you would stay, settle down at last since you found a good fan base here."

Trixie gave a small sad shake of her head, "Not yet, maybe down the road I might call this place home. But until then I feel I must travel."

Twilight nodded in understanding, "Well, have one last hot meal, who knows when you might next find one on the road."

Spike made soup that night, and the two unicorns and dragon ate in silence as the sun set behind the mountains, letting night settle over the world. Finally after it was all said and done, Trixie grabbed her bag of bits and headed for the door, "Before I go," she started as she opened the bag to pull out a few hundred bits, "I feel that I owe it to you and your friends for helping me out."

She passed the bits over to a jar by the door and smiled, "I'll be back some day Sparkle, farewell."

Just like that she was gone, with bits in hoof she walked out the door and hitched herself up to her cart with a smile on her face, "I think, maybe it's time to go back to Hoofington. Maybe its time that they know what I have done with my life."

As she took off down the road, a stallion with a delivery bag galloped toward her down the road. Trixie paused as she watched him gallop past her and knock on the front door of the library. A few moments passed before the door opened to reveal the librarian, and Trixie could just make out the conversation, "I have a delivery from Princess Celestia."

"Oooh!" Twilight squealed with joy as she clapped her hooves together, "It must be important to send in the regular mail!" She quickly took the package from the stallion, and slammed the door shut in his face.

The delivery stallion stood before the door for a few seconds before shuffling off to head back to the post office, no doubt to go home after a long day and this late delivery. Trixie watched for a few more moments before she saw out the corner of her eye a set of dim flashing lights from the bottom window of the library, "Time for Trixie to make her exit, before getting wrapped up in something crazy."

And with that, Trixie left Ponyville with her head held high, back on top, and a legitimate success at last.

Author's Note:

For those of you that want it, here is the totally meta, totally not necciacry ending to this story.

The Great and Metta Ending!

Comments ( 3 )

2566428
Did you really expect anything less from me? A cultured sophistacated writer such as myself, often rips off, er.. I mean, pays homage to great works I enjoyed! :twilightsheepish:

2566438
I know, I am the bane of your existence!:rainbowwild:

2566573
Ah, Will work on that, thank you!

2595189
Oh thanks! :twilightsmile: I'll see if I can't fix those problems later.

Login or register to comment