• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 12,644 Views, 32 Comments

The Apprentice of Music - whimsytwist



Ebony is a young mare who increases her musical knowledge with Octavia and Vinyl Scratch

  • ...
0
 32
 12,644

Chapter Four: Jewel Crisis

After what seemed like forever, Ebony returned to Pale Hearts College, her limbs sore. For some reason, Vinyl had suggested weight lifting, and Octavia had been too weary to argue.

Ebony had left those two to man the shop, while she returned to do her homework. She entered the front lobby, the usual creeping cold of the tiling sending cold sensations throughout her body. Her thoughts were frozen on her father, who had been living a life of crime behind her back. No way would she be able to get over that quickly, though the music session proved to be a great distraction.

Tiredly, Ebony crept up the stairs, since the elevator appeared to be out of order. After a minute or two of heaving herself up the winding stairs, Ebony found herself at her designated floor. She was set on finding her dorm when she was stopped by a familiar looking pony.

"Um, Jewel Crisis, right?" Ebony said as she tried to find a way around her.

"Yup! And you're Ebony! I need to talk to you!" the same interest was visible in her eyes, similar from earlier in the day.

"Oh.. sure," Ebony hesitated to accept, her sore limbs crying out for rest.

"Great! We can go to my dorm! My roommate's gone on a.. a trip," Jewel Crisis grinned widely.

Ebony was suspecting something with Jewel's unnaturally upbeat. She glanced over at her flank, searching for her cutie mark. It looked like a disastrous hurricane made up of blackened gemstones. Ebony was more wary of the mare now, as she followed her down the corridor until they stopped in front of a door. Ebony never got a chance to see the number, she was too quickly shoved inside by Jewel Crisis.

"Well, Ebony.. I've been wanting to talk to you about something.." Jewel trailed off as she locked the door behind her.

Ebony gave an audible gulp, before nervously responding. "S-sure.." Jewel Crisis raised an eyebrow just like Octavia at Ebony's behavior.

"Well, your dad.." she started off.

"What about him?" Ebony quickly snapped her attention to Jewel Crisis.

"Well, he's a famous drug dealer.." Jewel kept trailing off, which was irritating Ebony. "And lately, I've been blowing off all my money on his Sparkleweed. I want a good deal with him, but I can't find a way to contact him without the cops finding out,"

Ebony let a look of fierce annoyance take over her face. "What the hell do you want me to do about it?" she spat. "And how do you know I'm my dad's daughter?"

"Oh, didn't you see my cutie mark? I've got a special thing for stirring up trouble," Jewel grinned. "How does going undercover sound?"

"You're crazy!" Ebony remarked, truly bewildered.

The sound of a door unlocking interrupted the small fight between the mares. The door opened, and what Ebony saw truly left her shocked.

"Tornado?"

The red stallion turned to look at her, amusement plastered on his face. "Oh, Ebony! Nice to see you!" he then turned to Jewel Crisis. "I've got some Rose sap, but we're gonna have to sell some more Braided Vines if we wanna get a better profit,"

"Can this day get any more botched up?" Ebony wailed. "You're all insane!"

"Gee, you sure are good at convincing ponies, Jewel," Tornado rolled his eyes.

"Shut up," Jewel Crisis huffed, taking the plastic bag from Tornado. "You do your explaining shit, and I take this sap somewhere safe,"

"Alright Ebony, it's really not as bad as it sounds," Tornado sat next to Ebony.

"Your friggin' crazy!" Ebony glared.

"Please, Ebony? Be reasonable,"

"I'm being friggin' reasonable!"

Tornado cast Ebony a hard glare. "Do. it."

"No," Ebony growled.

All of the sudden, Ebony was hurled at the wall, the impact giving out a loud crack!

Tornado calmly walked up to her, before holding his hoof to her throat and pinning her against the wall.

"Listen to me, bitch," he lowered his voice to he sounded more menacing. "Now I've done a bunch of things that would scare you into hell, and I'm not afraid to harass you in any way, shape, or form,"

Ebony gulped.

"And another thing I'd be proud to do is tie you up in my bed and take advantage of you all night," Tornado continued. "Now, we wouldn't want that, would we?

Ebony nodded frantically, fearing what Tornado was actually capable of.

Jewel Crisis walked into the room, then facehoofed when she saw what was going on. "Tornado, please, I told you no more rape in the college dorms!" she scolded.

Ebony's mind was trying to process everything that was going on, pushing down her current terror. "I agree to your stupid drug thing! Am I done once I get you Sparkleweed?"

Jewel turned to face her. "Yup! Three pounds by next month or next time, I won't stop Tornado,"

Three pounds? Ebony almost complained, but was given a warning look by Tornado.

"Alright," Ebony huffed, squirming away from Tornado uncomfortably. "Can I go now?"

Jewel Crisis nodded. "Don't tell a word about this, or your two friends are going down with you,"

Shaking, Ebony agreed quietly, before galloping out of the dorm.

"You know, Tornado, you don't have to be so rough with her," Jewel Crisis said after Ebony had gone.

"Yeah, I know," Tornado sighed. "But she's fun to mess around with,"

"Really? How so?" Jewel raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Maybe she's too innocent,"

"Innocent, my ass!" snorted Jewel. "Not when we're through with her!"

"Or when I'm through with her," Tornado grinned cruelly.

"Stop creeping me out," Jewel Crisis rolled her eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.
Seriously, I feel so discouraged in writing this story... I wonder if I should make a hot scene? Won't be clop though. I don't know... I feel a bit lost. Sorry for making these chappies shorter! I feel like such a bad person... -___-

Comments ( 16 )

okay seriously that is just fucked up tornado and jewel need to be some how expeled

1810843

hope it's not a spoiler but they will be expelled xD

I have a really weird feeling of where this story is heading :\

AHEM everypony! I have an announcement!!! :pinkiehappy:

You: :rainbowhuh:

Alright, many of you might be thinking that my story will be a whole drug scenario thing!

You: :eeyup:

Well, that's not true! Many musical stuff and whatnot shall be happening! But I can't have a story just about random music lessons, you know? :pinkiesmile:

You: :trixieshiftright:

Really! Believe me!! I promise that it won't revolve around drugs and sex and shit, cause' I hate that stuff! The story just needed more of a plot! :twilightsheepish:

You: :ajbemused:

Okay, fine. Be that way! Just read on, and I'll prove you wrong! :rainbowdetermined2:

You: :yay: Finally! A great story!

-whimsytwist :rainbowkiss:

1811648 I mean seriously you basically didn't include ANY musical anything! This isn't striking me up as musical fic but kinda a weird plotless story. Sorry for being so mean it was just my thinking, I still can't write anything that looks even remotely good

I can't wait for more, I want more shit to go down :twilightsmile: Not sure with this chapter in whole, it almost seems like a chapter you updated so we wouldn't be waiting a while, though I still somewhat enjoyed it.

1816908

Um, no offense, dude.. But if you don't like the story, why are you reading it..? :trixieshiftright:

1821750 It's my friend's story :ajbemused: she'll probably kick me in the shins for not reading

1822019

I doubt that. :trixieshiftleft:

... It'd be funny if she saw your comment and kicked you in the shins for it. :rainbowlaugh:

1822034 crap she probably will :fluttercry:

1822761

LOL and you probably deserve it :pinkiecrazy:

1822832

You guys, I'm right here... :ajbemused:

1822832 i got kicked in the shins today... I wonder why!

1828513

Wow, you must've done something bad... or maybe you gave her the idea! :scootangel:

1828623

I keep thinking I'm getting a positive comment or cool critique, instead I see you two chatting.. :ajbemused:
Why don't you just message each other??:twilightangry2:

So. Enjoying the idea of the story, and I hope to see it continue. However, it does feel like you're losing the plot here. Take some time off, figure out where the story is going, and all the major plot points. It's the holidays after all, enjoy them.

If I may say though, slow down. These last two chapters have felt very rushed, and not up to a good standard. Take some time to relax, and work on them more.

I do hope you continue this story though, it's very good.

Login or register to comment