• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 829 Views, 56 Comments

Armageddon: The War of the Gods - Fluttershy24



Celestia has offended the God of Earth, and He has invaded Equestria. Will everypony survive?

  • ...
13
 56
 829
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 10 )

Wow, I'd like to have a, uh…revelation… as to how the heck did you come you with this contrieved idea? Because I'm still not sure I can believe I'm reading this.

Also, I'm sure it's already mentioned somwhere, but God seems pretty Old Testament.

CDR

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Nothing is safe on the internet.
The internet is not safe from ponies.


Stories most often start out as a simple 'What If' scenario. Whether or not the said scenario could ever actually happen, or why it would happen, doesn't always matter so much. As long as its well written.

I guess Supernatural and Shin megami tensei have shown other view of gods. Some more neutral.

I recall Lucifer being the most beautiful archangel and the devil's image we use is to discredit pagan cultures like poseidon's trident and faun's goat body parts.

Im planning on writing a TCB story in which the human gods take on celestia, then again that might influence my opinion.

Suddenly confused, as I'm siding with both my religion and ponies. My mind cannot work under such stress! I sure hope this ends relatively well. :raritydespair:

Anyways, will you tell us a backstory on how God ended us? I'd very much like to know.

1647679

Well, I came up with a story in which Mussolini summons a heavenly panini of doom... So I guess you could say the internet has, in fact, seen it all...


Also, to the author: I once more find myself bewildered as to why Celestia is so honest with the ponies. Blaming the whole thing on the terrorists would have been the most sensible thing to do instead of telling them god did it! It goes against my logic! :pinkiegasp:

On another note, MOAR! :flutterrage: You've got one epic story here pal, Rock on!

I'm enjoying the story so far!

1647718I really don't know how I came to this idea. I'm weird that way :pinkiecrazy: I really try to make Gos seem Old Testament-ish, because Revelation really influences this story. I hope I can find a way to explain how we ended without making it as lame as the speech thing. :twilightblush:

First of all, I would refrain from referring the Element bearers as 'the Mane Six.' The term is fan-made, and just pretty out-of-place in any fanfic.

Secondly, I think your depiction of Lucifer here really doesn't agree with your statement of remaining neutral. Remember that Lucifer went through centuries of being blamed for everything bad happening, so his image went from being a beautiful archangel to being a demonic goat-man.

I'm not really sure how to feel about the return of Nightmare Moon. I'll just wait and see.

Zeus reads like Starscream, they have the exact same plan to take over.
tumblr.com/tagged/starscream?before=1345895272

CDR

Pinkie Pie and Discord, Equestria's secret weapons. For all should fear those who reality fears.

Login or register to comment