• Published 3rd Jan 2012
  • 3,042 Views, 73 Comments

My Little Stand:Abridged and Ponified Version - Mobius of the Moon



A ponified version of The Stand by Steven King.

  • ...
 73
 3,042

Chapter one: The Process.

Author's Note: I am obviously not as good a writer as Stephen King, so it will be different from the real book in many ways. That is all.
%&%&%&%&

The next day, Twilight was walking through the streets of Ponyville with Spike, and she was talking with him about poor George Canteron.

"He was delirious and kept mumbling something about a disease. He kept on coughing and going up to ponies and asking about his family." Twilight said, worry in her voice.

"What do you think really happened?" Spike said.

"Well, he was obviously sick, but the search for his family..." Twilight said.

"You told me," Spike said, "They found his family, but they... were dead. And Canteron was also dead by the time they got to Canterlot." Spike said with slight boredom.

"Yes. Celestia looked worried when the two soldiers reported the condition of the family. She looked as if she knew what was going on."

"Did you ask?" Spike asked.

"Of course not! I didn't feel that it would be... right." Twilight replied.

"Oh, come on, Twilight, you can't go on not knowing. I know you! You'll be itching with curiosity before you know it!" Spike snapped angrily.

"Of course I will Spike! I can't take it! Does Celestia know what the man had?" Twilight shouted back.

"I bet she does, Twilight. Do you want to send a letter?" Spike produced a quill and scroll.

"Yes, Spike. That would be great." Twilight looked up and saw Sugarcube Corner. She sat down at a table and began to recite.
%&%&%&%&%&

In Canterlot, Swift had just returned from a day-long test for any sickness, only to be reported that he didn't have any. Phil had caught something, though. He had left the hospital with a prescription and was hacking and coughing away. Swift was worried that he had caught what Canteron had had.

He reached a cafe and walked inside. He went to the counter and said, "I'll take a coffee. Decaf.Cream with it."

"Okay." The stallion behind the counter said. But then he went into a coughing fit, hacking wetly and thickly. Swift took a step back. Oh, someone tell me he just has a cold. He thought. If this stallion had caught whatever Phil had caught so quickly, who else had it?

Another bout of loud coughing erupted from behind him. Swift turned and saw a mare and her colt sitting there, coughing and sniffling, but not as seriously as the stallion.

Swift turned back to the stallion, who had begun to hand him his coffee. "Sorry about that. Just a cold, is all."

Swift threw some bits on the counter. "There. Keep the change." He left as quickly as possible. Walking through the streets, he noticed even more coughing from other ponies. He came to a decision. He was going to ask the Princess about this, to learn what exactly was going on.
%&%&%&%&

Twilight sat in Sugarcube Corner still, finishing her letter. "Your student, Twilight Sparkle." She finished speaking. Spike rolled up the scroll, took a breath, then sent the letter with his fire.

"I hope the Princess responds." Twilight said fearfully.

"I want to know too." Spike said.

Twilight jerked her head up suddenly. She had heard a cough. She turned around to see Applejack leading Applebloom, who was stumbling along and sniffling. She went up to them, "Hey, Applejack. What's the matter?"

Applejack turned to her. "I don't know, sugar cube. She just started like this in the night." her voice was laced with worry.

"Hmmm." Twilight was thinking. "Did you see a stallion yesterday that was coughing and asking about family?"

Applejack started. "Yes. Why?"

Twilight and Spike exchanged a worried look. "Come with me." Twilight said.
%&%&%&%&%&

The Doctor was worried. An itch had been going up his spine for some time, and now he saw why. Ponies had come in all day, and all were coughing. He left his store early to see if anyone else was sick. His worries came to be. Everywhere he looked, there was at least one pony coughing in every place. He worriedly ran up and down the street, looking for someone who wasn't sick.

He found three. Applejack, Twilight, and Spike, who were carrying Applebloom with them, her coughing weak.

He ran up, his usual calm nowhere to be found, "What's happened here? Why is everypony coughing?"

Twilight stared sadly at him. "I don't know, but it's got Applebloom." At her name Applebloom tried weakly to raise her head, then flopped it back down. Applejack cast a worried glance at her sister, then turned to Twilight. "Twilight, you said that you thought Princess Celestia knew something about this, didn't you?"

Twilight nodded, "Yes, I sent her a letter earlier about it. She hasn't replied yet, but-" she had just made it happen. Twilight was cut off as Spike burped out a flame which became a scroll with Celestia's seal on it. He read as follows:

My Faithful Student Twilight Sparkle,
I am sorry to say that I do know what is afflicting my little ponies. I am sending some guards your way right now.

Princess Celestia

Spike finished reading and got a funny look on his face. "I wonder why she didn't tell us more."

"That will be answered at the castle." a gruff voice said.

The group of five turned to see a squad of ten Royal Guards. "What's going on?" Twilight asked.

"Like I said, all will be answered at the castle." The next thing the ponies new, they were out cold.
%&%&%&%&%&

Twilight slowly opened her eyes to a cold, white room. Looking around, she saw no windows, no door. She was in a pristine white hospital bed, and had some equipment beeping off to one side.

There was a creaking noise and Celestia herself walked in, seemingly through the wall.

"I'm sorry, Twilight, I did not want to do this." Celestia looked ashamed. Twilight could only nod.

"You asked me what was the matter with the ponies, did you not?" Twilight merely nodded again.

"All right then. I'll tell you. But you must promise that nopony else knows. Can you keep this secret?" Another nod.

Celestia began to speak in a sad voice. "In a research facility far away, we had ponies researching a disease. We were hoping to use it against our enemies if the need be, but we were hoping that this project would remain in the testing stage. Sadly, it was not to be. Griffons have been causing riots lately, and are pushing into our lands, not wanting peace in the least.

"So I ordered my scientists to speed up their research. It... it got out of hand." Celestia drew in a deep, shaky breath, "They couldn't handle what it became, and so they tried to stop it. That was their worst mistake." Tears formed slightly in her eyes. "They... they were all killed... by a disease I created... I ordered them... to their deaths... and they did so unknowingly."

Twilight reached forward to comfort her teacher, but just then a voice called in from a speaker, "Princess, we have the reports on the quarantine."

"Good." The Princess said, and then turned to Twilight, smiling sadly. "I'll have more answers later."

The Sun Princess turned, and walked quickly from the room, but not before Twilight heard the muffled cough. Silence reigned once again.
%&%&%&%&%&

The guard saluted, "Princess, the updates on the quarantine of Ponyville." He gestured to a room identical to the one Twilight had been in, but with windows. And an actual door.

The Princess nodded and walked in. The scientists, all wearing protective suits, saluted once she was inside. The closest pointed to a table. "There you are, your majesty."

The Princess read over the details as another scientist recounted them out loud. "By the time we had actually gotten everyone in or around Ponyville in the town, more than half the population was dead. The quarantine could barely be continued when the citizens rioted once they saw the bodies being carried away. Now we know that almost every pony is dead. The survivors..." The scientist stopped, unsure how to continue. Celestia stared at him until he carried on, "Were the two children of Mr. and Mrs. Cake. They were found crawling over their parent, who were dead. They hadn't shown any signs at all, though, of the disease, but we didn't want to test on ones so young."

Celestia nodded, then murmured, "And Honesty's sister?"

The scientist gulped. This was what he had been fearing. "Dead, Your Majesty."

Celestia's spirits plummeted. She truly didn't know how to deal with that. In her dispirits, she allowed a small cough to escape.

Instantly the entire room froze, and stared at their leader. Before anyone could react, a scientist said quickly, "I'm sorry Princess, but this has to be done."

Celestia felt a needle enter her, and then all was black.
%&%&%&%&%&

Canterlot was a mess. Ponies ran screaming down the streets, homes burning. Ponies lay in the streets too, bloated and dead. It had become an all-out civil war amongst the ponies of the royal city. The Royal Guards had failed in their attempt to stop the crazed ponies, and now their bodies added to the growing pile.

A certain stallion we all know by the name of Fancy-Pants was staring into the dead eyes of one those Guards. He jerked up, only to be hit with a throbbing pain in his head. All he remembered was the ponies coming, and he and Fleur running, and then... Fleur!

Fancy Pants searched madly, and he finally found her. In half. Her body had been trampled and split. Now her blood seeped onto the cobblestone road. He slowly stepped through the pool and looked in vain for a light in her eyes. Nothing. Fancy Pants, now truly afraid again, began making his way to the castle.

All the while ponies fought, and died, and the disease was spreading.

Comments ( 26 )

136595
Hey, finally up for that remix contest?

#2 · Jan 25th, 2012 · · ·

Now all we need is a ponified Dark Tower series... Whose Walter in this?

157508
Well, The Stand is sort of a prologue to the Dark Tower series, so...

wow, creepy and yet addicting at the same time, tracking this to see how you handle the rest of the book. The Stand is still one of my favorite books of all time, and so far you don't disappoint :twilightsmile:

157537
The Stand is awesome. I actually gave to finish the book before I finish this though.:derpytongue2: I can't wait to finish the real book, so then I can finish this. Don't know what will happen next. I'm going to have to read farther.

159424 Yea, I need to find a physical copy of it again, and want to watch the miniseries, they actually did an alright job with it

198563
... I just... I got... Mind fucked... by awesomeness... Good Lord... Whoa...
MIND=BLOWN!

That was an interesting story. Considering Twilight isn't hacking up a storm I assume she's merely a carrier. Poor Princess Celestia. :applecry:

553570
You know, I haven't said hi in a while, so... HI!:pinkiehappy:

638174
*looks at you* [youtube=McDgtqH4Duo]
Oh, HI.

HELP! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!
500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:
T2sfw_hCZ9aMyVl-eAiAJ4K-HT4e3sodKlay-hyaGfo_wnLWcQlc2XJihySJ
Rt_qvpOgids41yeRFOgJYZ2VsliT71SdBGa9q9p5gFS2baYwDkq5d8cSFREI
Fn3HMahPCw2ofolqi6TBuOvMLIeUhRHCP_12627ccbdw2A3Onf4U660tnqQD
zWd3AqRGhxzOl5RPtBlNZEljzjsT1-U5_9EQwS303UICKRFgdeB4fx3l-mhc
5YBtfQLb-bRwpoFjKa4zqces7gtJ9MNoXCRMyXxL5BmuCVeD5E2NvtNLKxMf
V3rL6ZnbAGmafJk7IyOJaVTlWtvMfJF56YLzELbR7lnwkXObfJPFVkz7i1HP
Co8wBOsD0csBGB3Ym9p_z95lKHtLLwnI4-qTATOP8_xpogr5Tim4qUf4iK3v
CewXs2bCjmJSWh6vNLfTTDc2qfR1BOIoJ0COYl9aHyhYwtPxsRza4FfMllgY
yy8n_GPglK3rIdjNfj2B0W4f5bth6a0vF5O4fJ_AMxDLvTp45KzYrohpXpXB
0aOnr20z9cVT5aUkxE7Z6sEVUV7FQOG_F5dt1aR6CxzqyTa-AO-z0ts8BN5k
ncA-2urI74PnPw-_Q-IDwif1zJdHmYV4-YTGfX5TuLmboMpltFc8Z3m82ZER
f8MgvAz9s_yCpMe8H_UUuukEgvkbyk5NHA-BZARgfJzU4leUC0R0WOptRJoN
_cHnejbLBB4u0XdgZYYGxadvmDFfJ68A4IfyNXx9M0ePdeXkHCdlENioi01z
8xPLf3_D-Kf7Y1IVlBOpm1WxMg1alG88FO1uxNaLxgFuLlkcrsdY4mmiCdPV
lZyDUM41_Hw3ECK9_dHDCwbXjcqANKYRixLFXWyKgvcEEfGZLBW64W7jWpZi
a6MZjDZSq2V905FfOf2_Wq3VO5dzczaM6SEIPsZg9AP6NtIm1gHFj3WN4HcD
BzWMYwoA0y7CejtvdmPnhQdyDnXy0aiTfTTOBUKau9t-fk_fBHwgAqFmeVs8
BS5xNYh0q-fkcXLO-POBGWdldpHSKzBNDRDXfT0lV2OsDj0YWU_en3auVf43
kTuyF0k5Xu4wKRxDDP69v8bjNhfSc5NBLWfLOC6hjGt1RCP0kcyNtouyE2XJ
n0COy15k9owi2Mxl9855c_MnknkVyTUtBY_FNlLefEH49BkT00Xbe16-pG4M
G31xo0bcXTNxAjxqOOU7P7e1uIVkwQT3M2Qh0964rAl9RyXWxYp78nh6Fbjd
sJ8oa0vXDoJxmf3BR-7wklj4F0yYJSh_qA2Bn-EImXq0arrTAG8xbgtApJCv
rxwv6mB221cAdURJ8YHuJIpYJVtwf--MgTfh3nbCtkQsZQ4jzBMgU7C2BsYR
Bx6NfTa1x3oXL5w7UNr0ecrC2ELqnA2BTflxCltgpf72mGzxn4PkaD_sKwcz
i_sA3GFW1aP_HCz22LB9gRCkzajY1HIkqXqfrfmApphkkGheifYxptLo_UUI
cZStAOIXQlTtRjLdSfAVS-VTBzeuUptigJ9w8ddCbNOik-B2bqrQPT3FJjlW
pWarMTqVciU5wE4lDaG0SEfRI_O8YdlpDqd2FmHEkD_SXhp70hr37J7nQlI4
66r79cQ_xiGiPKgQRYDeNfuX4-K26dZ6pAIwS_Wqpmj7jYwtMFA6omCqv-P8
vc-DKCi88H0QaXAw14dmWrNaKD_tI-sF7h9Pup_cGdfJQ7ZJQkUAJVS1DhD3
7f97YDZU1g8m2Vc3Gu9bqjKTvYdrapwOTPJGYCIVf6t4cKoh7cLviEt2u1XR
bVYMQlRhIbjcOaGiVh6-sKKTjSo8rc39Fag6JQiKrsBBzA9tG0VhB8jA5AnD
Iippfzqj5km2Fu6nPzvsczgRKFdaN0OfNh8ixTkBPUeAEoNo96AjaGJ4ODwK
piIUBWVBcwp5qqT1PS3OeNEBhzeBjifLBCtAaoS-jMcpeRFUIP62b1qrcFaZ
8_15V3xB6eQ8x_Dk3WGNtr6y42WJEbUu9qnFGMu6TKyP3Bp0a5Aq-9e285DA
FBZpVfa8bK1PHanKvKaOP3NKwCzVmo2fjJ9GLHwL6gCVu-yzyox4n6bZsAQa
_tmV70JFlfZP5WyFOBFONV5D_h7E96vgbiCozWfqmc0gS4rKmKmt6b3ShziM
XFABDPwhsKcjEaYyaD_KIAcZcEO71NiDFGKsXNkD5OKSKwAGYEGuE1Ecyng8
GtgyhIlYH-lGFdAp0HIVKz-z47FXNwpnmzBmjfNLvEReb5LfpFzUBXIZQukO
oYaqjFj1g3njG_xpxcx2YJcCUwf0oC_gXxFQwqn5YyV4FGafxo__0iKG9AbD
qflbAdCi4k6kiAUDwIbv_5bi64_uKdmSRxR83iwFTEEwI5zxG2ZWMfXh1bbG
P1nDRC1AZqWUQPWYAUM9NCXGfsJpy0wJOlHEwUy9XqFY4etYvU6XsUH4OMqZ
72eVF3ezS6bXXnOksx_MccCbsjwpoiepohlgsfLR0ztUURelQksDyqNThOyp
017WgqihOgjFv4OUSczIGvszsGIZFUPJNxTNvCgZyznxS2b4b0UaUCHlY71Q
tsXfhbgLLdxQp2KHwg1ZSOEAiXn05SFFdf1YlXWg_vwcPPqqgdLCixf0t_wA
h7josClM-WDzRPxQJtZGNtkZSV8WmbhZzRVDepM72PqWx9ahLXi4GdHhlFgq
MahLE2URCp5FgN8UHBrbakpDFfxxADBGGhOjN3qDoE9VFrIjqDbfezMOhOoM
bs7UTcG2uzL5BwwgvAxDUK-YSS5twIzWSIsJpp8bgDpLzllKUcOBZrik-nJq
LBQPGl_zbPj38_qlQ4zw3AYd6dfchqa37f1yrQdt0loJYFWqzA7N8oPgBqH5
mcbsP4SUfVIaajofh99jLVhqJsKczVMH8Z18oBXRs3-S66RbSt9--nH-QQpr
cw3QUFWvIZag8g8r11Tr_RzxrWc2qyYP-NV-qh-yHkz6Y8yG1qXhs2lXEf-w
RJAMCYeMGzwSVAInRTDirqSuyk1Jg8tw43XXg9oBYEMNki56WMC_gVfLwXnN
4UQV6ELkWbz5-NIT2mqKAxFUFcSuxMuOK9SUS9ipoP45MgA8FStUHCbkyK_a
rY-qR6J2QkdANeXFg5n8yAk4C6Y9dLRnMQNy6Q1zXl5lctxmWOB9OP9y8Vo-
rA3Bz4haSRJyMRT4BjGx08alwPNeiGLUgx13-kOHyPOCWEiGsyMi0M_L-nlz
nTpcxFWP8qH8VBhdENlHU4vCS_QXUE2IUA8Da9kBb6qBZNnY8DDYwiW78LfM
_Fy2wsvRuRUAW0MRO1gfuXCwDea_WAtF79UtK77-bcsjRlKm4mZEtDGwczvC
HELP! HELP! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!
[youtube=KtE0jcAkvjI]
[youtube=lgI2ZQVyrBo]
[youtube=Eal4fep7pK4]

697933
I listened to all of those at the same time... Now I hear "No" in the background. A lot.

705070
Reaction to your comment!
[youtube=P3ALwKeSEYs]
But there's a shitstorm out side: raining, thundering, AND HAILING SIZE OF GOLF BALL! :raritydespair:

Login or register to comment