• ...
6
 10
 1,066

Chapter 5: Rarity - Eoh of Generosity

The waters lifted her, carrying her along in a soft current of warmth. She didn't know who or where she was, but she knew she belonged here in the calm warm blue of the springs. That was perhaps the the only thing she knew for sure.

That and her name was: Rarity.

"Mmmnnnmmm; this is simply divine! But I can't stay for much longer," she reminded herself, "I have goals that I simply must accomplish. Now if only I knew what they were..."

She had no certain memories, but many uncertain ones - fragments of thoughts and images. There was urgency in those fragments, though some of them hinted at peace as well. Especially one: and endless sea of calm waters surrounding an island, embracing it and soothing it's ills...

Rarity kicked swiftly forward with her flipper-like hoofs. She didn't think they would look very flattering outside of the water, where she could spin and turn, and contort her body into beautifully elegant curves. Thankfully, she found that she could return them to normality with a simple press of her hoofs to the mark on her flank - that of a single gorgeous gemstone. Also, she found that she had the extraordinary ability to swish her tail through the water like a rudder, or oscillate it like a propeller; allowing her to cut easily through the water and sent bubbly ripples out to the sides as she swam. The spring she swam in was full of life, but she felt strangely alone. Perhaps she'd feel better in the river. With a quick hop like a salmon, Rarity lept from the large pool and into a nearby brook. She traveled along the brook to a river deep enough to swim in, which in turn led to a lagoon.

As she swam, she felt a shivering tremor radiate through the water. A bright green turtle raced past her. Several Schools of fish followed.

Rarity paused and stared in the direction from where the creatures had come. What had frightened them?

More fish rushed past her in a panic, along with several crabs and snails and even a small otter. Rarity pushed forward, swimming against the tide of fleeing aquatic creatures. The water was becoming exponentially more turbulent, as if something was harshly beating the water.

A large coral reef blocked her view of whatever lay beyond. As she swam around it, Rarity saw a gigantic creature writhing violently in the water and emitting the most annoying sobs of despair that she had ever heard. The water churned around it's long snout as it's skinny, gangling arms beat against the water the way a toddler might beat it's arms against the floor during a temper tantrum.

Rarity Gasped. She had no idea what the monster might be, but she could see why the other creatures had fled. It was positively ghastly, with it's dingy unpolished scales and hideously tacky mullet-like hair style. Combined with the fact that one side of it's mustache was substantially longer than the other, it's cries of 'What a world!', and the way mucus dripped from it's nostrils as it sobbed pitifully, it nearly gave Rarity the dry heaves. 'Really!' Thought Rarity indignantly. 'Such a crime against couthness! Not to mention an offense to mustaches everywhere! I simply must have a talking to to this beast.' Approaching the creature, Rarity spoke loud enough for her voice to be heard over the creature's wailing. "Uh Hello excuse me!" She shouted. "You there! With the ... errr ... fabulous mustache." At this word, the creature's eyes flew open as his crying stopped immediately. "Oh hi yes um sorry," Rarity stumbled, not expecting to have captured the creature's attention with such ease. "But what seems to be the problem sir?" Looking closer now that the beast had calmed down enough to stay still, Rarity could see that it was a water serpent. Water dragons rarely strayed from the lakes or seabeds that they inhabited; so seeing one in a (relatively) shallow river was quite unprecedented.

"Oh, I don't know!" started the creature sardonically. "I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this tacky little piece of coral got tangled in my beloved mustache! And tore half of it clean off! And now, I look simply horrid!" The creature fell backward with a hand to it's forehead in a melodramatic faint as he started sobbing again. Rarity couldn't really disagree with the dragon, but knew that the best thing to do would be to just calm him down.

Propelling herself forward, Rarity reached closer to the creature. "Ohh .. juslookahyou!" She cooed in baby-talk, stroking the beast's beard-like scales, "Such lovely luminescent scales!" The creature calmed down with the compliment, and spoke.

"Oh I know!"

"Your expertly coiffed mane!" Rarity continued.

"Oh I know, I know!"

"Your fabulous manicure." she further appealed to his vanity.

"It's so true!" he exclaimed pridefully, squeezing his cheeks together.

"All ruined without your beautiful mustache."

"It's true! I'm hideous!" he cried shamefully.

"I simply cannot let such a crime against fabulousity go uncorrected!" Rarity said darkly, narrowing her eyes.

Rarity let her instincts take over. Pushing off of the coral, she bulleted through the water off to one side; then she shot towards the serpent's form. Reaching him, she harshly yanked one of his sharper scales from him with her teeth.

"Yeowch!" he cried, "What did you do that for!?" Without answering, Rarity lifted the scale high above her head, and brought it swishing down violently; with a *SHING* as it made contact. The giant water dragon cried out in pain and slumped to the river's floor. He lay still for a moment before opening his eye and checking himself. As far as he could tell, he was uninjured. 'So then what had Rarity cut with that sc ... OH MY GOODNESS!' Rarity had sliced off her very own beautiful tail. Somberly, she used her horn's magic to move it through the water and affix it to the place where the rest of the dragons mustache had been. "Oh hoo hoo hoo!" exclaimed the water serpent, swirling happily in the water. "My mustache! It's wonderful!"

"You look simply smashing!" the pony agreed. She looked sadly at where her tail had been. She would have needed to use it's propeller like functions to make her way down to the lagoon in any sort of descent time. "Mmmnnnmmm..." she whined, "How ever am I going to reach the lagoon now?" Suddenly, the water dragon grabbed Rarity and held her tightly.

"Allow me!" He said jovially. As the giant sea creature burst to the surface, he leaped forward, rocketing himself and Rarity away along the river, faster than any creature, even she, could swim. Rarity smiled as the dragon carried her to safety. 'So this is what I 'm meant to do,' she thought, 'I am here to be generous and giving. But for what purpose?'

A few minutes later, Rarity found herself at the lagoon's shore bidding farewell to the dragon. Seeing as how she'd arrived there so quickly, she decided to sundry on the beach as she stepped out of the surf onto the beach. She stretched out and laid herself out delicately on the soft sand.

She glanced around the beach. A thick, dripping jungle began where the sands left off. The humidity of the place reached out, beckoning to her, and she could not resist it's call. "Hmm," she mused, "I suppose the humidity will do good for my complection. I could use a sauna after all..."

Comments ( 4 )
#1 · Jan 25th, 2012 · · ·

I was wondering when this crossover would happen.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS CLOP!

266189 Heh heh. I was originally going to title it "Bionicolt" but seeing as how none of the mane six are male: it just didn't seem appropriate :twilightsheepish:.

267939
SHUT UP!
I'LL SUE FOR CAUSING UNWARRANTED BONERS!

Login or register to comment